My case for Multi-Guilds or Guest System (ability to be part of several guilds)

Hi guys
    This is my presentation or case in favor for the ability to be a part of several Guild or have a "Guest" system to be in/visit other guilds
    English is not my language so...i may sound weird and unprofessional
    Here we go:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

You know what a good example of a paradox is?
    When someone asks or complains about World of Warcraft and is presented with the solution of:

"Just find a Guild"

While at the same time you are being locked to ONE Guild at a time...AND possibly creating bad blood if you leave your current Guild to find a new one without the possibility of "coming back".
    Your current Guild could even be "the one" for you and the best one...but you have absolutely no way of knowing that...because you are locked to it and you could be punished for leaving it.

And before you say "Communities" are a thing....they are not the same as a Guild with a discord group and close community.

I've played an MMO that offered the ability to be a part of several guilds.
    And EVEN in this scenario there was a situation where i was KICKED from the GUILD and DISCORD for not "representing" it in my name tag.
    This is just an example showing how hard and possible it is to create bad blood with a Guild.

Anyway, apart from this example, the ability to have several Guilds was INCREDIBLE to me.
    Im telling you this was the best experience i've ever had in a MMO.
    Yes...
    The "mechanic" and "dynamic" of having multi-guilds ALLOWED me to meet sooo many new people AND to keep those friendships without fear of losing them because "i left the guild"

I didnt find the perfect fit at first
    I didnt find the perfect fit at the second time...or thrice or quad...
    It was a long search...but i eventually met the perfect fit...WHILE maintaining the other friendships i made from other guilds (which by the way helped me a lot in my journey)
    It was discord group after discord group...new people on top of new people. It was amazing and a wonderful journey.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arguments in favor or against this are appreciated.

5+ Year Old Account
    That's what communities are for.

Communities really fill that void it is just not a lot of people take advantage of them. Really, from what I can tell, guilds are basically just friend groups that share a common goal. So if you raid as a common goal then you have a guild that houses your guild bank that carries supplies for the raid, has a leadership structure probably for raids, and so forth. If you have a group of people you also like to PVP with then make a community with them. People you like to M+ with? Make a community with them. Now I use raiding as the center here just because it is my personal example. But you can be in an M+ or PVP guild that carries the bank and so on for your main activity and join communities of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Communities really fill that void it is just not a lot of people take advantage of them. Really, from what I can tell, guilds are basically just friend groups that share a common goal. So if you raid as a common goal then you have a guild that houses your guild bank that carries supplies for the raid, has a leadership structure probably for raids, and so forth. If you have a group of people you also like to PVP with then make a community with them. People you like to M+ with? Make a community with them. Now I use raiding as the center here just because it is my personal example. But you can be in an M+ or PVP guild that carries the bank and so on for your main activity and join communities of the others.
    You think is possible to recreate the experiencei lived in this other MMO with multi guilds...with the "community" feature in WoW?

How would i go about it?
    "Looking for community with discord to do X thing?"

What would even be the "X" thing im looking for to do?
    It doesnt quite feel like the same thing...but i could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    You think is possible to recreate the experiencei lived in this other MMO with multi guilds...with the "community" feature in WoW?

How would i go about it?
    "Looking for community with discord to do X thing?"

What would even be the "X" thing im looking for to do?
    It doesnt quite feel like the same thing...but i could be wrong.
    It is. A community is exactly what a guild is to be honest. Minus the bank and pretty much all but abandoned guild achievements. The RBG team I run with uses it because we are in different guilds for raiding. But it gives us a shared chat with all the history and functions.

It is pretty under used though I won't lie. We had common interest and created one instead of all ditching our guilds. But it really feels like I am in 2 guilds because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    It is. A community is exactly what a guild is to be honest. Minus the bank and pretty much all but abandoned guild achievements. The RBG team I run with uses it because we are in different guilds for raiding. But it gives us a shared chat with all the history and functions.

It is pretty under used though I won't lie. We had common interest and created one instead of all ditching our guilds. But it really feels like I am in 2 guilds because of it.
    I understand your situation fits perfectly with the feeling of having 2 guilds with the community feature.

I just dont understand how would i go about it myself...
    Because...unlike you...im not searching to do only ONE specific thing with a community. (example: PvP)

Im like...searching for a guild that is not a guild and just a community (with discord)

So...if i want to do this...i would have to be imaginative...and search for communities with a discord group for a s specific activity i find fun,
    Is doable now that i think about it
    Thanks

I like how you take time to say "No, communities do no fill this need" and then ppl are all "communities do that".

Ppl. Seriously. Stop trying to treat every post as something to find flaws in and try to find how the op is wrong because they have some half assed alternatives. Try and read what he proposes, see if that would be bad for you in any way and if not, stop shooting it down.

Personally, I would love to be part of more guilds. Specifically, be in my friends' guilds. I run dungeons and sometimes raids with some of them and I would enjoy having full access to their whole guild community. And yeh, I don't want a random comunity, I specifically want those because i feel comfortable with them and, being a guild, I know exactly when they are available and when they raid. It would also be slightly easier for me to participate in their events instead of hoping they ask me. To be fair, at this point in wow, I would love nothing more than to be part of at least two guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I like how you take time to say "No, communities do no fill this need" and then ppl are all "communities do that".

Ppl. Seriously. Stop trying to treat every post as something to find flaws in and try to find how the op is wrong because they have some half assed alternatives. Try and read what he proposes, see if that would be bad for you in any way and if not, stop shooting it down.

Personally, I would love to be part of more guilds. Specifically, be in my friends' guilds. I run dungeons and sometimes raids with some of them and I would enjoy having full access to their whole guild community. And yeh, I don't want a random comunity, I specifically want those because i feel comfortable with them and, being a guild, I know exactly when they are available and when they raid. It would also be slightly easier for me to participate in their events instead of hoping they ask me. To be fair, at this point in wow, I would love nothing more than to be part of at least two guilds.
    Thanks for sharing
    It truly was an amazing experience (in this other game)...because i eventually met my best friends of today and am part of their discord.

Its funny because in the end...i even had a random RP Guild where we all dressed as a snowman and took over cities on Saturdays.
    Quite literally my "Saturday Guild"
    Other Guild helped me a lot with my real life problems.
    Other guild abandoned me when i said i wanted to make my own guild...felt sad because one guy i spoke with everyday stopped talking to me after that.

You mad for no reason? Communities can handle that too. I actually know of one that just complains about the game and people in it constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think is possible to recreate the experience lived in this other MMO with multi guilds...with the "community" feature in WoW?
    Communities are structured in such a way that outside of a guild bank you can recreate just about any experience with a community that you can with a guild. You simply need people who want to make that work.

Blizzard has truly shown their indifference to people gathering to play their game by their unthinking destruction of the guild system during Cataclysm and their relative silence on how the benefits of communities can help players to network and form social ties. It's something that disappoints and angers me when I think about it.

Their enduring adherence to the idea that your relationship with a guild still needs to be serial monogamy is moronic in a game that's supposed to encourage social behavior.

They are so bad at this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Communities are structured in such a way that outside of a guild bank you can recreate just about any experience with a community that you can with a guild. You simply need people who want to make that work.
    True...

But i cant say for sure if i can recreate the social levels i've experienced with actual Guilds...with Communities.
    I think is doable...but for that to happen i must find:

1) A community with a discord
    Seems simple enough and doable.

2) A Community that does one particular activity i enjoy very much
    Because "Guild community" is not a thing (as far as i know)
    I mean...a community that works as a Guild but in the end is just a community
    Maybe they exist but eh? i dont know

I dont know bruh, this is awkward.

You say before you say Communities, but the functionality of Communities is exactly this. It was on the community ironically enough to step up and use these and support the fearure but outside of fansites and stream communities that bypass the typical guild limit it doesn't seem like these get used except maybe in fringe top guild scenarios where they also have many guilds to manage.

My assumption for why these don't work for general WoW playerbase is that guilds already support 1000 players and are also considered better while Discord actually is so it wins in no areas except niche practicality and direct integration, and that realistically without direct Discord integration and functionality into the game what you're asking for and describing is basically on Discord and Communities already, and not being part of WoW is less a case of actually impacting the WoW community and more an impact on the Discord WoW community being required to connect and be part of the WoW community.

Maybe it's a problem that Discord monopolizes the WoW community in a fashion that can't be monitored by WoW in bad situations, but the freedom and privacy are their own player empowering features that allow for more agency for communities and protection incase of a Blizzard that could destroy them for otherwise good notions if a mistake is made. Discord is almost like safe haven for all WoW fans at this point, so it could be problematic to remove it or replace with Communities anyway.

That would be good, but they also need to make it so servers don't matter any more. No more "hall of fame" bullshit. No more trade restrictions. One unified AH.

It will be the last barrier needed before they have to merge alliance and horde.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wait! Can you be a part of multiple guilds? I know that's possible with communities but guilds?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Wait! Can you be a part of multiple guilds? I know that's possible with communities but guilds?
    In some other games, yes Not WoW
    This is just a feedback thread or a proposal for the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    In some other games, yes Not WoW
    This is just a feedback thread or a proposal for the game.
    My goodness! You are back! I've read your message by the way. So glad you are fine, that post title was quite scary. Don't worry about negative environment, we have to remain happy because there is already so much evil in this world. Erm, what else can I say. So happy to see you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    My goodness! You are back! I've read your message by the way. So glad you are fine, that post title was quite scary. Don't worry about negative environment, we have to remain happy because there is already so much evil in this world. Erm, what else can I say. So happy to see you, sir.
    You are too nice thank you.
    Im melted

People say that because it makes no sense what the OP wants and it's literally what communities do, a large group with no commitments that you play with whomever is online from it.
    So you want to stay in touch with a group of people (guild) but you want to actually play with another group, or want to play with the first group only sometimes when you're bored and it suits you and they should be at your disposal? How the fuck does that work?

Want to stay in touch with your old guild? Just remain in their discord and don't go all "fuck you noobs" when you leave. People won't hold grudges against you just because you leave them, context on how you leave does.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-04-12 at 01:09 PM.

I'm in several guilds in GW2 and ESO and it works just fine. Not sure why WoW is rigid on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I'm in several guilds in GW2 and ESO and it works just fine. Not sure why WoW is rigid on this.
    There exists some communities like this where CE guilds come together to make raids for people benched or out for the week but in general wow's lockout system rarely allows it to work even when you can vet memebers. Another problem is keeping it secret without people trying to sneak in and compromising it.