Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Its only the best indicator for freedom of speech...
    Not really... considering issues like speech restrictions have already been brought up. Sure, they are close, but it doesn't cover things like obscenity laws, or punishing people for rude speech, as you put it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Not really... considering issues like speech restrictions have already been brought up. Sure, they are close, but it doesn't cover things like obscenity laws, or punishing people for rude speech, as you put it.
    You still haven't understood, THERE ARE no limitation in expressing your thinking in Portugal... Can't say the same for the US...

A portuguese cartoon censored in the US...
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/new-yo...mitic-cartoon/

You still haven't understood, THERE ARE no limitation in expressing your thinking in Portugal... Can't say the same for the US...

A portuguese cartoon censored in the US...
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/new-yo...mitic-cartoon/
    That's not the government censoring anything. This is literally editorial discretion at a newspaper

I have seen this cartoon multiple times, so its clear the government isn't censoring it.

President Biden is a racist Nazi. There, I just said it about the leader of my country. Let's see you do the same with your leader.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-12 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not the government censoring anything. This is literally editorial discretion at a newspaper
    That is why your country scored so low in the link i provided.

President Biden is a racist Nazi. There, I just said it about the leader of my country. Let's see you do the same with your President.
    President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa is fucking toying with democracy with is State of emergency declarations.

That is why your country scored so low in the link i provided.

President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa is fucking toying with democracy with is State of emergency declarations.
    Call him a racist Nazi.

Cannot bring yourself to do it... can you? Or, are you simply privately editorializing your words, this nullifying your last argument?

If you had actually read your own source, it's because of Trump's attacks on the media.

Luckily, that racist Nazi is gone.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-12 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call him a racist Nazi.
    Well, he isn't a racist at all, but i can do better. Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa is a stupid God believer. There...

Well, he isn't a racist at all, but i can do better. Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa is a stupid God believer. There...
    You do realize you keepmproving me right... don't you?

We are ready acutely aware of the rapper jailed for insulting the monarchy.

That doesn't sound like free speech to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are ready acutely aware of the rapper jailed for insulting the monarchy.
    Thanks for proving to everyone you totally dump, i just told you the name of my President, and now you argue that my country is a monarchy? That was in Spain, My country is not Spain.

10+ Year Old Account
    The censorship on Twitter has gone too far! The free speech fighter MTG, was coerced into deleting her support of Matt Gaetz, just because the Twitter mob and Big Tech, just can’t let her express her support for child sex trafficking.

Enough is enough... Let MTG endorse sex trafficking politicians, if she wants to. This PC mob mentality is going too far!!!

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Big business and political disinformation is protected speech... Vaccines only make things worse and cause autism and shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Big business and political disinformation is protected speech... Vaccines only make things worse and cause autism and shit.
    As soon as am getting the vaccine, am scheduling a trip to Vegas!!! Big money!!!

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

@Tuor Not if you live in Portugal apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    @Tuor Not if you live in Portugal apparently.
    Everyone is free to express its opinions over here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please tell me this is a joke?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Please tell me this is a joke?
    Sarcasm...there's a middle road that we're all aware of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    De facto monopolies like Facebook, Google, Youtube, etc. probably should be more tightly regulated, including assuring the right of access for people.
    You don’t have a right of access.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Thanks for proving to everyone you totally dump, i just told you the name of my President, and now you argue that my country is a monarchy? That was in Spain, My country is not Spain.
    And what country is yours?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sarcasm...there's a middle road that we're all aware of.
    That's what I was hoping but we live in an Era where sarcasm and satire is super hard to tell.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    De facto monopolies like Facebook, Google, Youtube, etc. probably should be more tightly regulated, including assuring the right of access for people.
    good can I have access to your house so I can sit in your living room and spout off nonsense to your family?

What about if i want to set up a booth on your front lawn and spout off nonsense all day?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    You really have to justify this with Twitter's ability to do the same. I can't force you to reckon with it, if you'd prefer to not even see it.

If you need an extreme case to break through some mental blocks of yours, imagine Twitter bans every single Democratic official from their platform two weeks before an election. If you need a less extreme example, remember that Twitter banning AOC makes some millions of followers unable to follow her official addresses, whereas her block only affects one.
    Imagine thinking that twitter would just ban all the Democratic candidates before an election. You're stretching really far into the territory of "Things that would never ever ever happen". I realize you think people don't understand your point of view and are trying to come up with analogies to make it more relatable, but trust me, we know exactly where you're coming from. There's things that are a difference of opinion, and then there are things that are just WRONG. Cutting off people's twitter usage because they're sending death threats and inciting violence is a far cry different from just tossing someone off twitter just because.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    good can I have access to your house so I can sit in your living room and spout off nonsense to your family?

What about if i want to set up a booth on your front lawn and spout off nonsense all day?
    I find it funny that Republicans and their sympathizers tend to be harshly against illegal things solely because "They're illegal" even if it's dumb that they're illegal things. I mean border crossing? You'd think to them that crime was worse than murder. But nope, banning people on twitter for inciting violence is legal, but now they want to make that illegal.

You do realize @Yas-Queen Rochana that if the government did start regulating social media to make it a guaranteed right to access those platforms, there would be much more serious governmental punishments for people being assholes? Yeah, NOBODY wants that.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"