Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Alright let's use brains then.
    When was the last ban wave?
    And why do BRD rogues still exist?
    But you said bots are fake, right ? and now you're talking about rogues in BRD ? come on...

Don't answer please.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    But you said bots are fake, right ?
    Wrong. I saw a bot in a video someone linked here. Maybe you skipped that page.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    and now you're talking about rogues in BRD ?
    I get open world bots aren't really a thing anymore, they got banned or whatever, but why are brd rogues allowed to stay? Is it because they are instanced and Blizzard doesn't really care since we don't directly interact with them?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Wrong. I saw a bot in a video someone linked here. Maybe you skipped that page.

I get open world bots aren't really a thing anymore, they got banned or whatever, but why are brd rogues allowed to stay? Is it because they are instanced and Blizzard doesn't really care since we don't directly interact with them?
    As far as I can tell, blizzards system for banning people is just used for reports. If they are instanced, people don’t see them, so they don’t get reported as much.

If a bot is out in the world and it stole my node, you bet your ass I’m reporting it because it just took a resource right in front of me that I could have had. People don’t report the bots in instances because they aren’t interacting with them, so they get away with it for much much longer.

Before anyone says “but I report them”... that’s great, but it takes a lot of reports to get them actioned, at least right away. This already has been proven from streamers/multiboxers/guilds report spamming a single person for no reason. It’s all automated for the most part.

Join a gbid raid and watch the power of inflation when shit gear go for 1k gold. Or be blown away when somehting big drops, like DFT and it jumps straight up to 15k.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    So, this is bait, right?

Nice try, almost got me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    If you think that was mental gymnastics you don’t understand what inflation is.

“Some people have lots of money and some don’t” is INEQUALITY. Inflation is when EVERYONE has lots of money so it doesn’t mean anything anymore.

Inequality does not drive prices up. The people with lots of money buy the things, even at very high prices, and then the price of the things goes down because sellers still want money and there’s no demand at exorbitant prices. Inflation drives prices up, but no one in this thread is talking about inflation. They’re just using the WORD inflation, because they don’t know what they’re talking about.
    Is that why black lotus cost 200+ gold? Because inflation isnt real?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Is that why black lotus cost 200+ gold? Because inflation isnt real?
    1 item that's already expensive and was expensive in vanilla. Most items like Essence of Air/Water etc is half price compared to vanilla. There's no inflation except for the absolute most rare items like Black Lotus (rare because of bots lol), those edgie gloves etc.

But it's always nice with a GDKP run with gold buyers showering your with their gold. 3-4 GDKP runs before TBC and you'll have epic flying ready lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Before TBC announcement there was dozens of threads about how gold wipe would be mandatory in TBC. People said everyone is sitting with tens of thousands of gold and in TBC everyone will have hundreds of thousands or million gold because of this hyperinflation.

Now those threads have been replaced by "Please bring dual spec to game cuz it's annoying to spend 50g every time we respec"
    ??? didn't everyone have 20k+ gold and every herb will cost 50g+

1 hour of herb/mote farming will give you weeks of respecs because of this hyper inflation.

Or was the inflation all lie?
    The inflation is not a lie, far from it. People have just given up on discussing it, since Blizz came out and said that gold would be kept from vanilla.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    1 item that's already expensive and was expensive in vanilla. Most items like Essence of Air/Water etc is half price compared to vanilla. There's no inflation except for the absolute most rare items like Black Lotus (rare because of bots lol), those edgie gloves etc.

But it's always nice with a GDKP run with gold buyers showering your with their gold. 3-4 GDKP runs before TBC and you'll have epic flying ready lol.
    And how much do you think it was in vanilla? How much do you think it was at the start of classic? Man it just steadily went up and up and up, almost as if.... I can’t think of the word can someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post

Different items have different worth because some can be farmed in a way that there is much less demand then supply. You have to look at the items that are in demand to know if there is inflation.

200 gold for black lotus literally shows there is inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Join a gbid raid and watch the power of inflation when shit gear go for 1k gold. Or be blown away when somehting big drops, like DFT and it jumps straight up to 15k.
    GDKP is the real culprit behind the inflation. People are buying stupid amounts of botted gold then dumping it all in GDKP runs.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    GDKP is the real culprit behind the inflation. People are buying stupid amounts of botted gold then dumping it all in GDKP runs.
    Eh, maybe gbid made it *worse* but it was def already an issue well before gbid became a massive norm. Look at items like edgemasters. At the start they were going for like 400-700g on every server... but a couple months later you already saw them going for 5k, 6k, 8k... the gold has been inflated so hard from the bots it got insane. Wasn’t black lotus also going to 400g or something insane before they fixed it? Same thing with other minor things like arcane crystals. I got so fuckin rich when they were near 100g each or whatever they got up to just casually doing jump runs.

Gbid for sure made it worse, because everyone and their dad realized all they had to do was run their credit card and tell the group you were looking to give them money so it made gold more ‘valuable’ in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    Eh, maybe gbid made it *worse* but it was def already an issue well before gbid became a massive norm. Look at items like edgemasters. At the start they were going for like 400-700g on every server... but a couple months later you already saw them going for 5k, 6k, 8k... the gold has been inflated so hard from the bots it got insane. Wasn’t black lotus also going to 400g or something insane before they fixed it? Same thing with other minor things like arcane crystals. I got so fuckin rich when they were near 100g each or whatever they got up to just casually doing jump runs.

Gbid for sure made it worse, because everyone and their dad realized all they had to do was run their credit card and tell the group you were looking to give them money so it made gold more ‘valuable’ in a way.
    GDKP provided a way for the layman raider who may not felt compelled to purchase botted gold to acquire massive amounts themselves. It didn't ~cause~ the inflation per se (completely unchecked bots running 24/7 did) but it has certainly given a significant advantage to established Classic raiders. I am fearful of the repercussions this will have on new/returning players in TBC but like I said awhile back it's unclear whether Blizzard cares enough to intervene.

GDKP provided a way for the layman raider who may not felt compelled to purchase botted gold to acquire massive amounts themselves. It didn't ~cause~ the inflation per se (completely unchecked bots running 24/7 did) but it has certainly given a significant advantage to established Classic raiders. I am fearful of the repercussions this will have on new/returning players in TBC but like I said awhile back it's unclear whether Blizzard cares enough to intervene.
    I for sure agree it made gold buying way more attractive for a lot of people.

Honestly, I think it’s just going to get worse with tbc because they don’t want to wipe gold. The gold buying that is. People are going to see everyone else and their dog on epic flyers and they won’t be able to compete... so they’ll buy gold. They won’t want to farm elementals that will be camped, and the gold they make from dailies will be irrelevant because they give you a static amount of gold that aligned with the 2007 economy, so they’ll buy gold. They can see these GBID runs, or guilds will run attunement runs for gold, etc etc... so they’ll just buy gold.

I think wiping it would at the very least open up different avenues for players to make gold and actually use in game resources to get their activities done. Because if prices are low on items that they need, things like dailies actually become a valid option. If items are going for hundreds and thousands of gold, what’s the point in even attempting to do dailies for months to even buy anything.

Everyone always says “oh just go farm the stuff yourself bro” well, I honestly don’t think that’s going to be plausible, unless they leave layers on for quite some time....

But either way, it won’t really effect me because I just play the game for pvp more or less, but I think it could have a very nasty effect on others right out of the gate.

GDKP, boosting, expensive materials. Everything in classic teamed up with how much raw gold people farmed early made it what it is. Then botters came and amplified that.

In the end, there is only players to blame for how Classic is, and I fear it will ruin TBClassic aswell with how the economy is right now.

Most high-end raiders have been buying gold for atleast two raid tiers to be able to afford all the consumes needed for raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

GDKP, boosting, expensive materials. Everything in classic teamed up with how much raw gold people farmed early made it what it is. Then botters came and amplified that.

In the end, there is only players to blame for how Classic is, and I fear it will ruin TBClassic aswell with how the economy is right now.

Most high-end raiders have been buying gold for atleast two raid tiers to be able to afford all the consumes needed for raiding.
    You people need to calm the fuck down. Unlinke black lotus, fel lotus will be in a much larger supply and compared to classic gold income will also be a lot higher.

Will never understand why people act you'll need to start tbc with 100000 gold to be able to afford consumables. You'll need a lot less than what was needed for naxx with flasks and all the pots and hardly anyone has been buying gold to raid classic ... can get over 200g per day with an hour of mining and crafting some pots.

If you expect to raid or buy everything the game has to offer without having to farm a little, then yeah ... you go do stuff to yourself or buy gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even in WotLK spending 50 gold for respecs was a burden. Inflation or not, 50 gold is a lot and you won't spend it few times a day.

Fully agree on this. Sad thing is some players worship some high-end raiders for their parses and skill, but in fact they are only cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    You people need to calm the fuck down. Unlinke black lotus, fel lotus will be in a much larger supply and compared to classic gold income will also be a lot higher.

Will never understand why people act you'll need to start tbc with 100000 gold to be able to afford consumables. You'll need a lot less than what was needed for naxx with flasks and all the pots and hardly anyone has been buying gold to raid classic ... can get over 200g per day with an hour of mining and crafting some pots.

If you expect to raid or buy everything the game has to offer without having to farm a little, then yeah ... you go do stuff to yourself or buy gold.
    “You can make 200g in an hour doing AH stuff in classic”

“Income will be much higher in tbc”

“ You'll need a lot less than what was needed for naxx with flasks and all the pots”

Can someone explain to him the issue with this line of thought or should we wait to see if he figures it out.

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    no shit. I remember in TBC I would farm 5 mans to buy gems from Badge vendors to make 5K to get in on a ZA bear run. It's also paid for my epic flying as well.

Yup. JC is coming.
    you and everyone else with their 10 gathering and profession alts will be doing the same exact thing! Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.