Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Proof of people doing it to test it...

https://twitter.com/Forest_Reviews/s...95899982008325

It has been proven that the battery issue applies to both PS3/PS4. You can jail break a PS4 and even test it by just setting the kernel clock to 0. So ya if PSN gets removed completely from PS3/PS4 at some point you will need to jailbreak the system to use it.

(To be clear with PS3 it effects digital games only, On PS4 its both digital and physical).
    As i say, they will have to change that. It's not acceptable. Law suits will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I mean my point still stands. You won't be able to mod on Playstation and Diablo 4 and Path of Exile suck balls to play on Playstation.

You must be a cynical psychic since you know Ashes of Creation's future. Same with PoE 2, console support isn't confirmed.

It will be no different, aka, sucks balls to play on Playstation.

In other words, you won't want a Playstation, so in other words, the Playstation won't be a real "thing" for gamers.
    Literally the same thing goes for Series X|S and Switch if they launch on those platforms. The only place you'd be able to extensively mod those games is PC, the only place you literally ever good extensively mod games. Your point stands, but it's hugely incomplete.

I'm cynical, but not a psychic. AoC has picked up some good crowdfunding and Sheriff is putting up plenty of his own money, but it's still quite a ways off and even when it does land is unapologetically targeting the core MMO audience, not broad non-MMO audiences. I think it'll more than likely launch, and be close to what they wanted it to be, and I imagine it will do well for itself, but it's not gonna take the gaming world by storm.

As for POE2...POE is already on Xbone/PS4, and IIRC is forward compatible with PS5/Series X. POE2, being an expansion rather than a brand-new title, will likely also at least release natively on last-gen as an update and be playable on current gen via forwards compatibility. I wouldn't be surprised if they launched a native version of POE1/2 on next-gen when POE2 drops anyways.

You may want mods, and that's cool. But I guess those consoles that have been around since the days of Atari (and earlier) and selling better and better with each new generation aren't a real "thing" for gamers...who continue to spend more and more money every year.

If you like PC because of things like mod support, cool. You do you, fam.

I mean my point still stands. You won't be able to mod on Playstation and Diablo 4 and Path of Exile suck balls to play on Playstation.

You must be a cynical psychic since you know Ashes of Creation's future. Same with PoE 2, console support isn't confirmed.

In other words, you won't want a Playstation, so in other words, the Playstation won't be a real "thing" for gamers.
    "omg Xbox is better than ps5". Not one person asked your opinion on whether one console is better than that other and that's not really what this thread is about so how about you take your console war shit out of the thread. Kthx bye.

Sony doesn't have mod capability does it? I don't think that console will ever be a real "thing" amongst gamers, maybe amongst consumers.
    I just want to be clear about what you are saying. Are you saying the PS5 will never be relevant for real gamers because mods(we assume) won't be available on the PS5?

10+ Year Old Account

People that think games such as Diablo sucks on Playstation and Xbox strikes me as people that haven't even touched those games on those systems at all.

Blizzard knows they're not dealing with a mouse as the main input there already, and they've adapted the entire control scheme and player movement accordingly, there's no reason to believe they won't carry that knowledge on how to do it forward to Diablo 4 on those systems.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    People that think games such as Diablo sucks on Playstation and Xbox strikes me as people that haven't even touched those games on those systems at all.

Blizzard knows they're not dealing with a mouse as the main input there already, and they've adapted the entire control scheme and player movement accordingly, there's no reason to believe they won't carry that knowledge on how to do it forward to Diablo 4 on those systems.
    I actually played Diablo 3 on both PC to the meta* and then on console more recently to the meta with my brother. Honestly, at first I thought the console controls were terrible, but they did grow on me, and now I'm actually looking forward to Diablo 2 on consoles.

Hades also was excellent from a gameplay perspective on the Switch, beyond excellent in fact, it was my GotY last year and I only touched it on Switch.

*basically played it till one of the current S tier set bonuses was equipped with all the recommended bis for that build in each circumstance, and then played around with it.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-04-12 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post

Yea, I'm not sure how it will play out for D4 but D3 absolutely plays better on consoles then it does on PC. A dedicated dodge button makes the game play like a dream, and blizzard never bothered to patch this or controller support into D3. Anyone saying Diablo plays bad on consoles hasn't played it on them, that is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There is more to games then indies and AAA games, there is a middle group that is AA games. That is the part it seems Sony is no longer giving a shit about. They just want to put out AAA games and let indies do their thing.

So we won't get smaller titles like gravity rush.
    That's fair, but I'm just not sure how a TLOU remake is holding other developers back.

personal preference and that's coming from someone who typically prefers keyboard and mouse to controllers. diablo 3 was a joy to play on ps4 and a lot more intuitive then diablo 3 on pc. at least for me. granted. I have been replaying first game in pc (thank you GoG) and dear god that game did NOT age well in terms of controls, but... the point is - these games actualy play very well with a controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I actually played Diablo 3 on both PC to the meta* and then on console more recently to the meta with my brother. Honestly, at first I thought the console controls were terrible, but they did grow on me, and now I'm actually looking forward to Diablo 2 on consoles.

Hades also was excellent from a gameplay perspective on the Switch, beyond excellent in fact, it was my GotY last year and I only touched it on Switch.

*basically played it till one of the current S tier set bonuses was equipped with all the recommended bis for that build in each circumstance, and then played around with it.
    Hades is a game I refuse to play with a mouse and keyboard. It just feels natural with a controller. D3 was honestly garbage until they incorporated the changes for consoles.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    That's fair, but I'm just not sure how a TLOU remake is holding other developers back.
    Ignore him, Sony is literally publishing Returnal this month. They had sackby and astrobot for PS5 launch, they have many VR projects and tons of small projects they support/publish like Oddworld Soulstorm, Destruction All Stars, Kena. This is all stuff recently released or coming in next few months. They haven't given up on AA games and anyone claiming so is full of shit. Just people falling for the doomposting clickbait like usual.

If its not a fucking Legend of Dragoon remake it's not AA according to this thread. This ignorance ofc ignores the fact that was a AAA game for its time and a commercial and critical flop on top of its large budget.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-04-13 at 01:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfomania View Post
    omg words from the gods. YES. Original starocean also.
    Fuck i'd settle just for the SO2 remaster to come to the west

10+ Year Old Account
    God of War is the only "western" PS property I care for. I'd be legitimately upset if that series were discontinued.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It kinda can be. If you have a piece of Media with a lot of racial slurs or stereotypes and then remake it with them taken out people would absolutely say you were censoring it but by doing so you could very well expand the market to the race that was targets by said slurs or stereotypes, ie being inclusive.
    That's a different thing entirely. Also if it's a remake it doesn't fall under censoring. Remaking a game from the ground up makes it a new product. You can't censor something that wasn't there to begin with.

But anyway that's not what I'm talking about. I was talking about them censoring mostly third party games. Meanwhile TLOU2 has a sex scene for literally no reason. So what's the point in censoring other stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That's a different thing entirely. Also if it's a remake it doesn't fall under censoring. Remaking a game from the ground up makes it a new product. You can't censor something that wasn't there to begin with.

But anyway that's not what I'm talking about. I was talking about them censoring mostly third party games. Meanwhile TLOU2 has a sex scene for literally no reason. So what's the point in censoring other stuff?
    Yes and so does cyberpunk, catherine full body and a million other games. My dude if you don't realize the difference in what they don't want on their product you either aren't seriously looking at what was censored or you're acting obtuse on purpose. A sex scene between consenting adults that look like adults is not going to get censored as long as it falls in line with M rating. Sexualizing characters that look and/or act like children(aka lolis as they call them) is what has been censored.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Ok say its not a remake then but the same thing plays out, they censor something in a 3rd party game because it's offense to X group and in doing so expand the 3rd party game's market to X group.

That's still being inclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yes and so does cyberpunk, catherine full body and a million other games. My dude if you don't realize the difference in what they don't want on their product you either aren't seriously looking at what was censored or you're acting obtuse on purpose. A sex scene between consenting adults that look like adults is not going to get censored as long as it falls in line with M rating. Sexualizing characters that look and/or act like children(aka lolis as they call them) is what has been censored.
    Oh wow I didn't know the female characters from DMC5 looked like children.

Oh wow I didn't know the female characters from DMC5 looked like children.
    You mean the silly additional lighting that was removed shortly after launch (at least in the US) and nobody much cared about after it had its 2 minutes of internet outrage attention? >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    ..and DMC 5

What a stupid clickbait article.