Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Sure, but souls are a one and done weekly quest - and note that I said 1/4th of the upgrades.
    With an average of 70-105 anima per quest, that take 100+ for 10000 anima. And truthfully that isn’t enough to actually upgrade a full tier of a sanctum “tree”. And we’ve got 4, per sanctum, per toon. And this is excluding all the vendor stuff that costs anima, naturally.
    You choose to have an alt. If you don't want to do the work that multiple character have then don't choose to do it. It is always silly when people complain about the choice they make to have multiple characters. 70-105 per quest is still an average of 770 to 1,115 a day for on average an hour of work (that includes travel time). You also complain about getting a boost when 75% done while excluding all the vendor stuff. Which that boost obviously helps obtain faster after investing in the sanctum upgrades.

It isn't a grind to be expected to do 11 quests a day in about an hour of play time. If you did that you would have all sanctum upgrades unlocked and be working on the cosmetics. But sure it is wild to expect people to play the game that they choose to spend time with. If that concept is so wild why not just quit?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Isn't this kind of a trap for 99% of players?

If you're only interested in one Sanctum Upgrade, upgrading the other ones would only get you further from your goal. The buff that's granted from the achievements would never outweigh the gain at any point in Shadowlands unless you were clearing most or all of the WQs every week and probably farming it from other sources (heroic dungeons, etc.)

If you're a person who clears the raid every week, does the world boss, and the weekly 500 anima quest (but never using the souls, because you don't get the anima if you're below 100/100 souls), there's an extremely likely chance you'll never complete this shit before the expansion ends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    I still have no interest but its very easy to see that the juice isn't worth the squeeze. I find it bizarre your trying to debate it. You have dozens of people right here letting you know its just not worth it.
    Just because people complain doesn't mean it is automatically a valid complaint. The debate is about what you are choosing to blame rather then just stating what the problem is. You have no interest in playing the content regardless of the reward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    If you're a person who clears the raid every week, does the world boss, and the weekly 500 anima quest (but never using the souls, because you don't get the anima if you're below 100/100 souls), there's an extremely likely chance you'll never complete this shit before the expansion ends.
    And? Is there a problem with not completing something when they refuse to do some of the content of a game?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    T1 achieve should have been 2x T2 should have been 3x and T3 should have been 4x

as it is now its barely 2x from CN and High M+ keys at T3 achieve

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You choose to have an alt. If you don't want to do the work that multiple character have then don't choose to do it. It is always silly when people complain about the choice they make to have multiple characters. 70-105 per quest is still an average of 770 to 1,115 a day for on average an hour of work (that includes travel time). You also complain about getting a boost when 75% done while excluding all the vendor stuff. Which that boost obviously helps obtain faster after investing in the sanctum upgrades.

It isn't a grind to be expected to do 11 quests a day in about an hour of play time. If you did that you would have all sanctum upgrades unlocked and be working on the cosmetics. But sure it is wild to expect people to play the game that they choose to spend time with. If that concept is so wild why not just quit?
    I did quit, just to be on the level.
    I’m so confused why people are defending Blizzard’s blatant incentivizing of degenerate play, but whatever.
    If you honestly think a recolored belt is worth 50 world quests and can’t see that Blizzard made that choice for you, then so be it.
    Honestly glad you’re content with the system but I get the sense most aren’t.

10+ Year Old Account
    shame on me for seeing "anima rewards increased" and thinking it wouldn't be the laughable joke that it is. it's truly mind blowing but given this expansion in general it probably shouldn't be. I have to upgrade things I never would have otherwise -or at least not before the more optimal options- for a measly 35 anima improvement to WQs which already are not my preferred source of anima? currently I'm only logging in to send adventurers out for anima and that's only when I can be bothered to. if I had the companion app installed I wouldn't even be doing that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did quit, just to be on the level. I’m so confused why people are defending Blizzard’s blatant incentivizing of degenerate play, but whatever.
    If you honestly think a recolored belt is worth 50 world quests and can’t see that Blizzard made that choice for you, then so be it. Honestly glad you’re content with the system but I get the sense most aren’t.
    Because it isn't degenerate play? It is increasing the rewards for people that play the game and do the content of the game. Daily content, which is what world quests are, is not degenerate. It offers something for people to do. What is a recolored belt worth? Because you already pay $15 a month plus box price for digital pixels. The problem here is you are framing everything with your inherent bias since you don't like the current state of the game. So everything is negative when it really isn't.

It is just a game and uses game play mechanics of most games that reward you for playing that game. If that is bad, degenerate, or anything else you want to call it then that game is clearly not for you. And that is fine. But it isn't that much effort that you believe it to be. The belt on the covenant vendor is 3,000 anima and 25 grateful offerings. Even if you get only the low end reward each world quest (highly improbable) that would be 5 days of doing 11 world quests each day. So an hour a day for 5 days. That excludes all other sources of anima in the game mind you which with Raiding, Mythic+, PvP, could drastically impact anima.

So you are complaining about 5 days of work to get an cosmetic item. If you get the increase from this hotfix it is even less then 5 days. Two days to be exact. But that is still a problem to you. People aren't defending Blizzard so much as they are calling out the stupidity of arguments made by people here. Two to five days of effort is terrible game design to you. Weird right? What do you want a cosmetic each day you log into a game?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-04-13 at 04:55 AM.

It's a decent addition for now...but (there is always a but) all lv 1 upgrades is 4500 anima, lv 2 is 20k more and lv 3 is 40k more. That's 128 world quests just to break even doing all lv 1's. However, lets say you have the transport network and the adventure table, then it's only 70 wq to break even. For level 2, it would be 570 WQ to break even on anima or 428 WQ if you have lv 2 trans network. For level 3, it would be double of lv 2 or 1140 WQ or 856 if you were going to do lv 3 trans network regardless for the portal to Oribos. Those aren't cumulative, they are each layer.

In addition, upgrading is going to drop your soul count below 100 for at least a week so you won't get the easy 500 anima from the soul collection weekly (15 WQ just to break even per week). Now it if were account wide then the math makes it easier to justify if you play a number of alts.

In short, lv 1 sure, probably a no brainer with a lot of time to go in expansion...lv 2, maybe.
    Last edited by dcphx; 2021-04-13 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    T1 achieve should have been 2x T2 should have been 3x and T3 should have been 4x

as it is now its barely 2x from CN and High M+ keys at T3 achieve
    I could see how multiplying might have been a bit much, but something like +2 -> +4 -> +6 tokens would have been still fine. Even better it should at least be a progresive increase to mirror the increase of the 1k, 5k, 10k of the sanctum upgrades, so like +3,+4,+5 at least. Currently most people have probably given up and only do the weekly stuff via epic tokens anyway and they aren't even affected by it - I and my friends certainly have.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-04-13 at 04:52 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Because it isn't degenerate play? It is increasing the rewards for people that play the game and do the content of the game. Daily content, which is what world quests are, is not degenerate. It offers something for people to do. What is a recolored belt worth? Because you already pay $15 a month plus box price for digital pixels. The problem here is you are framing everything with your inherent bias since you don't like the current state of the game. So everything is negative when it really isn't.

It is just a game and uses game play mechanics of most games that reward you for playing that game. If that is bad, degenerate, or anything else you want to call it then that game is clearly not for you. And that is fine. But it isn't that much effort that you believe it to be. The belt on the covenant vendor is 3,000 anima and 25 grateful offerings. Even if you get only the low end reward each world quest (highly improbable) that would be 5 days of doing 11 world quests each day. That excludes all other sources of anima in the game mind you.

So you are complaining about 5 days of work to get an cosmetic item. If you get the increase from this hotfix it is even less then 5 days. Two days to be exact. But that is still a problem to you. People aren't defending Blizzard so much as they are calling out the stupidity of arguments made by people here. Two to five days of effort is terrible game design to you. Weird right? What do you want a cosmetic each day you log into a game?
    You’re forgetting that you need to have accrued something like 64k beforehand to have hit that T3 multiplier to make 5k take “2 days”.
    640 world quests for those “2 days”.
    I’m fine not paying to sub for that ‘compelling gameplay’.
    I also imagine we’ll see more Anima buffs in the future. Looking forward to resubbing in 9.2 having saved time and money while not having to deal with the degenerate grinding!
    Apologies if this was too stupid a line of reasoning for you to follow.

15+ Year Old Account
    You’re forgetting that you need to have accrued something like 64k beforehand to have hit that T3 multiplier to make 5k take “2 days”.
    640 world quests for those “2 days”.
    Which isn't that large of an amount to have gained over the last 141 days. Like I already stated it was only until recently that you could obtain the souls required for all of those upgrades. There is no need for you to turn insulting and call me stupid simply because I am using facts and numbers to counter your BS. 5 days of playing a game with the 70 anima reward is not a burden to do. Gaining 3, 4, or 5 from a WQ takes time off that 5 days. Doing a raid, mythic+, PvP (Rated, non-rated, and ahead of the curve, and matches), Dungeon weeklies (those could be boosted), and epic WQ all take time off that 5 days.

But sure it is stupid to expect people to actually play a game for rewards from that game. If you want to discuss how stupid people are lets talk about the people that discuss games they've supposedly quit. But I'm sure you don't actually want to acknowledge anything about your own views here.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-04-13 at 05:04 AM.

Just because people complain doesn't mean it is automatically a valid complaint. The debate is about what you are choosing to blame rather then just stating what the problem is. You have no interest in playing the content regardless of the reward.

- - - Updated - - -

And? Is there a problem with not completing something when they refuse to do some of the content of a game?
    A game should be fun and interesting... find me someone who thinks anima is this.

tedium should never be a design philosophy

Which isn't that large of an amount to have gained over the last 141 days. Like I already stated it was only until recently that you could obtain the souls required for all of those upgrades. There is no need for you to turn insulting and call me stupid simply because I am using facts and numbers to counter your BS. 5 days of playing a game with the 70 anima reward is not a burden to do. Gaining 3, 4, or 5 from a WQ takes time off that 5 days. Doing a raid, mythic+, PvP (Rated, non-rated, and ahead of the curve, and matchs), Dungeon weeklies (those could be boosted), and epic WQ all take time off that 5 days.

But sure it is stupid to expect people to actually play a game for rewards from that game. If you want to discuss how stupid people are lets talk about the people that discuss games they've supposedly quit. But I'm sure you don't actually want to acknowledge anything about your own play style here.
    I follow the news of a game I have enjoyed and hope to again - when it’s world content/gameplay systems reverts from its proper iteration.
    You keep on being objectively right about everything though - I believe in you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Completely pointless. I'm one of these morons that actually builded all this shit. After that spend few more days and bought transmog I need/mounts/pets. I know I will get much more Anima in future patches, so it's pointless to farm more on this character. And starting this on second character from scratch without any bonus sounds like madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    A game should be fun and interesting... find me someone who thinks anima is this. tedium should never be a design philosophy
    Fun and interesting is subjective and you are only accepted one answer here. Which confirms a bias based on your own personal tastes. I personally find doing the WQ's to be enjoyable otherwise I wouldn't be doing them. I don't require everyone to think like me though unlike you who thinks no one can find something fun if you don't find it fun.

Just like I don't call PvP bad design just because I don't find Arena or other rated play fun or interesting enough to do. I often don't even do battle grounds anymore unless it is a brawl. But I don't whine about how terrible it is. Tedium exists as part of all design because at some point things have to require some effort in order to obtain. But if tedium should never be a part of design then why did you ever start playing WoW in the first place?

Raids require tedium. Classic was full of tedium. It is everywhere. It was everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I follow the news of a game I have enjoyed and hope to again - when it’s world content/gameplay systems reverts from its proper iteration.
    You keep on being objectively right about everything though - I believe in you.
    Following the news is entirely different from actively hating on it with discussion. If I am objectively right about this topic why have you spent all this time arguing with me about it? Oh right more stupidity because you no longer have an argument when you can't stand minimal effort for rewards.

imagine defending this unironicaly...ykes

I dont bother with anima after sanctum gear is upgraded. I’d propably not do anima wq if they even gave 10 times the anima. I wont even unlock the first tier of sanctum items before next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    imagine defending this unironicaly...ykes
    It’s tragic to behold.

So an extra 35 anima per world quest per tier.

Let's assume that WQ's are the only way we farm anima, in order to make the best use of this.

If we care about all sanctum upgrades equally and we want all of them at max tier and are happy to tier them up in order then this change is great, just a bonus. Is it a big bonus? Yeah, actually, we're talking almost double the WQ anima at Tier 3 so finishing the Sanctum Unique upgrade is done in almost half the time.

But there is a problem. Not all upgrades are created equal.
    Many of us will value the Anima Conductor above the others because it unlocks more sources of Anima and World Content. Some folks will want the Covenant Unique upgrades and most of us agree that putting anima into the mission table has felt like a trap.

Therefore if, like me, you don't want to 'waste' anima on the command table then you can consider there to be a tax on getting this anima bonus. That 'tax' multiplies based on how many sanctum features you don't care about. Let's take a look. (I'm going to ignore the Sanctum Unique upgrade costing 500 extra for tier 1 in order to make my numbers easier, be warned.)

Now if it's only 1 command table... I mean sanctum upgrade, could be any of them... that you don't want to spend anima on then your 'tax' is 1000/5000/10000 anima in order to unlock your bonus. These are upgrades you otherwise would have skipped but now are 'forced' to do in order to get your bonus.

Now based on the Blue Post numbers for rewards (140/175/210, I am aware that these are not always the reward numbers but i'm going to use the numbers they published for their example.) that means an extra 8 WQ's to get to Tier 1 and that first anima reward. Not so bad I guess, that's what a day or two of casual play? (I'm rounding up on each answer and discarding the extra for anyone who checks the math, this a forum not a thesis.)

Let's look at Tier 2. Now while we need to pay our 5000 anima 'tax' we also need to remember all our WQ's are making our other upgrades more efficient. Let's do some numbers.

To earn 5000 anima we'd need to do 36 WQ's normally but now we have a bonus item from each one. What does that bring the count down to? 29! That's a whole 7 quests less per upgrade.

Ah, but taxes... 29 WQ's we would otherwise ignore in order to pay for that 4th upgrade. So with 21 WQ's saved and a 'tax' of 29 we're now at 16 extra WQ's than we would have had to do otherwise (Remember getting to Tier 1 cost an extra 8).

But we've got 2 extra anima items now, surely tier 3 is where we can ride the gravy train of anima to good times?

So the old system has earning 10000 anima at 72 WQ's. The new system means we can smash that 10k in just 48. Nice, 24 WQ's per upgrade saved. Factor in that tax and we're still 24 up. Factor in previous tax and we are... 8 WQ's ahead! Such a saving! Is that an entire day of WQ's saved? Maybe a few hours. Either way we've got a Tier 3 command table as a bonus and all our future Transmog farming will be easier. Hooray.

So it's not much saved if you're burdened by a 'tax' building. For most of us we're looking to build it all anyway I guess so it doesn't matter.

Oh, and for the curious, if you only care about 1 or 2 sanctum upgrades than trying to get this bonus may not be for you.
    With 2 'tax' upgrades you end up doing 108 WQ's more. With 3... ugh... it's 224. These assume that you buy all of each tier of upgrade when you only plan on using or only want 1 or 2 of the upgrades.

In the long run it's better to play how Blizzard want you to and get those bonuses. Remembering that these WQ's saved is assuming they're your only source of anima, you're likely to see a much smaller return because there are other sources of anima that aren't getting this buff.

So all in all...

It's a petty and tiny change that doesn't do much other than punishing people or making them feel bad for not playing the Sanctum the way Blizzard want. A flat 25%/50%/75% anima earned for these Tiers would have been a more appropriate and meaningful incentive. By only affecting WQ's it's obfuscating the value to players, likely as a way to resolve complaints about anima without resolving the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Ah... I never upgraded my command table. Thought it was useless. Do I need to upgrade the venthyr court thing too before i get the achievements?
    It's value didn't improve much with this...
    Unless you are really farming anima, which seems useless too, that is.