Page 25 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Only 2 episodes left, really? Very limited series then. Hopefully means they can wrap it up nicely.
    6 episodes was what they announced it as, and up to now there's no season 2 in the works.
    I'd personally love to see more, maybe some more spy stuff once secret invasion and/or mutants come into the mix. But maybe they'll have to call it something else then ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I didn't say they did. I specifically mentioned that they were getting royalties off of early 2000's cbms. What I'm referring to is you saying they were going broke for decades when the comic book industry didn't crash until about 1995. From 95 to 2005 is 10 years. In terms of quality, I think most would say they sucked in the late 90's but did a lot of good stuff in the early 2000's up until 6-7 years ago when they let Brevoort run them into the ground with his combination of woke and 'I think readers actually like to buy stuff that pisses them off' way of thinking.
    For reference:

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    6 episodes was what they announced it as, and up to now there's no season 2 in the works.
    I'd personally love to see more, maybe some more spy stuff once secret invasion and/or mutants come into the mix. But maybe they'll have to call it something else then ^^
    Honestly, I am okay with this only being a miniseries. It allows them more time than a feature film to do these stories. We don't necessarily need a season 2, but I would be okay with one.

Some of these stories can work better as a short series.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Honestly, I am okay with this only being a miniseries. It allows them more time than a feature film to do these stories. We don't necessarily need a season 2, but I would be okay with one.

Some of these stories can work better as a short series.
    With what it is and how it's done I'm completely ok too. They could sure do even more than 6 episodes, but it's quite fine as is too.
    What I was thinking about was more like the comics themselves, where you have comic series that revolve around specific characters and puts those into different stories. Then you have big crossovers from all of them and those are movies (like 'Avengers').... or something like that. Just the smaller stories that aren't cosmic extinction events could be cool series for characters to grow and interact with the world without having as much time constraints as a movie would have.

Only 2 episodes left, really? Very limited series then. Hopefully means they can wrap it up nicely.
    It's actually about the same length as WandaVision in terms of running time. WV had more episodes...but they were, for the most part, shorter.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I feel like they're using these limited series as lead-ins and in-depth looks to flesh out their movies, really.

It's also a very European thing to do, to only have one or two seasons, max, of a very tightly, focused show.

it also staggers out the content so you have a reason to stay subbed forever rather than subbing, catching up on all the series then bailing out.

New show in may then in june then in july. What a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    it also staggers out the content so you have a reason to stay subbed forever rather than subbing, catching up on all the series then bailing out.

Those evil geniuses, producing a steady stream of watchable content. Curse their devilish plans!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Those evil geniuses, producing a steady stream of watchable content. Curse their devilish plans!
    I never said it was a bad thing so save the tart. Its what you would assume most businesses would do with a streaming model

I never said it was a bad thing so save the tart. Its what you would assume most businesses would do with a streaming model
    As long as the content is top-notch, I don't mind. If CBS all-access did that...

The problem with that model, for some like myself, is that since the content is always available after I will be like "well, no sense in subbing now, I can wait until F&WS is done, then watch it all".

Then it's April and I haven't seen Mando season2 yet.

I subbed for Mando1, and didn't find a lot of content to keep me watching continuously, so unsubbed. Certainly the market is geared more towards folks that want a few things to watch here and there, and weekly shows work great. It also tends to put a lot of pressure on whatever the current content is, since a bad set might turn off people and then resubbing is slower than staying subbed.

But, I'm sure Disney has their business model pretty well figured out and doesn't miss my $, so not a big deal.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There seems to be a lot of moving of the goalposts here.

I think some people in this thread are trying to say that Marvel comics is in trouble.

Other people are trying to say the comics industry overall is doing fine (thanks in large part to manga).

And some are conflating the two topics and getting themselves confused and shouting at each other. Pretty typical for MMOC tho to utterly fail at reading comprehension.
    The thing is Marvel Comics is not in trouble. They WERE in trouble...25 years ago. Bad trouble. Bankruptcy trouble. But they recovered.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Yeah, we do this with the majority of shows in the UK. I'm still amazed that the US turned 2 seasons of The Office into 9 lol

At the same time though...you have how many seasons of Dr. Who now? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The problem with that model, for some like myself, is that since the content is always available after I will be like "well, no sense in subbing now, I can wait until F&WS is done, then watch it all".

Then it's April and I haven't seen Mando season2 yet.

I subbed for Mando1, and didn't find a lot of content to keep me watching continuously, so unsubbed. Certainly the market is geared more towards folks that want a few things to watch here and there, and weekly shows work great. It also tends to put a lot of pressure on whatever the current content is, since a bad set might turn off people and then resubbing is slower than staying subbed.

But, I'm sure Disney has their business model pretty well figured out and doesn't miss my $, so not a big deal.
    Research shows that some people never get to watching shows when they are dumped because 'they can just watch it later'.

The goal is retention of the subscribers attention span, not necessarily just stretching out a sub.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Research shows that some people never get to watching shows when they are dumped because 'they can just watch it later'.

The goal is retention of the subscribers attention span, not necessarily just stretching out a sub.
    I'm sure they've done plenty of research to show that people like me shouldn't be their target audience vs folks who want a steady, smaller, diet. By way of contrast, I get Netflix once or twice a year and catch up on what I want to watch, but sometimes it's on a free month even, so obviously their plan doesn't work well in getting money from me either. Honestly, I think they're both more geared towards "forgetting you're subscribed" and "having enough stuff that you might watch that you don't feel bad you forgot to unsubscribe". Plus the "digital water cooler" feeling now, gotta talk about the reveals as they happen rather than seeing it months later.

But, I'm off topic, so I'll comment more when I see F&WS. It might be 2022 though, at my current rate.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just here to say "fuck John Walker."

That asshole will never be Steve Rogers and wasn't fit to carry the shield since the start of the show.

(and yes, I'm caught up to the most recent episode and how it ended, but I hated the dude since the start)
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Penultimate episode tonight. Do we get a Sharon as the Power Broker reveal? I can’t fucking wait.
    I mean, I know I came out hard on that front early on.

She might not be. She might be an agent running a deep cover operation against the Power Broker. She might be trying to unseat the Power Broker for her own reasons.

I just know she's lying out her ass about her story to Sam and Bucky. Not one bit of it makes a lick of sense. She can't call her dad on the phone, from Majipoor? There's no extradition and as long as she's not revealing anything, there's fuck-all the US government could do to her even if they were tapping his lines. Not to mention she had SUPER easy access to observation and tracking satellites for a supposed art thief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Could always be Zemo. Maybe the mask is his “Power Broker” mask.
    It could absolutely be Zemo. Someone linked a vid by a youtuber (Nando v. movies, maybe?) from back around Civil War times, pointing out that even THAT film strongly implies Sharon's working for/with Zemo.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I wouldn't even say Walker is, at heart, truly a "bad man".

He's a weak man. He lacks self-esteem. And he has poor control over his emotions. That weakness leads to him being easily driven to lash out and do terrible things, as we see here.
    I mean even Tony Stark had his moments of weakness with creating Ultron or going apeshit in Civil War. I kind of see John as a 'What if Stark used the Super Serum' kind of character. The good guy prone to moments of weakness and bad decisions, who isn't being fully responsible for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It could absolutely be Zemo. Someone linked a vid by a youtuber (Nando v. movies, maybe?) from back around Civil War times, pointing out that even THAT film strongly implies Sharon's working for/with Zemo.
    Why would Zemo being funding the creation of super soldier serum when his entire M.O. is destroying them?