Best motherboard for 5900x?

Any recommendations guys? I don't wanna go for the super premium 500$+ boards, something midrange I'm sure will be enough. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    i've heard good things about the B550 boards, they seem to be around 200$

The Asus Dark Hero VIII if you can find it at MSRP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    The Asus Dark Hero VIII if you can find it at MSRP.
    What? No, you want the impact.
    Way better board.

That said OP, pretty much anything will be able to run a 5900x as long as you get something in the 200-250 range. I'd go with something Gigabyte or ASUS

im useing a AMD+ATi build from MSI as my motherboard. msi has come a long way.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    MSI Unify has been well received by the likes of Buildzoid and Steve from Gamers Nexus. Not sure if its in your budget, I don't know US prices.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    MSI Unify has been well received
    I'm torn between this and aorus master. But the unfiy looks pretty basic without that backplate lol.

I have literally just purchased 5900x without anything else and seeing what deals pop up lol

Best can be defined in a few different ways.

Gaming / bang for the buck - B550s in the 200 range will do you fine.

Planning to put a lot of Gen4 PCIe things into it like new NVMe drives, have something insane like a 10gig network, have a better lotto shot at OCing - X570s around 400.

Odds are insanely low you need that x570 and its debatable if you would need it even if you "do". Just find a good B550. 300-150 bucks MSRP (could be hard in today's world mind you) is going to be the topper end of them that doesn't reach into insanity levels of pointlessness.

Below is a site that gives you pretty much a golden list of them. It divides them out into certain things you need to consider based on your needs or wants. Such as various sizes, connectivity types, and so on. It also came out in January so be sure to double check pricing because we living in unique times. Hopefully it helps out more than people debating what brand is best or whatever that most likely this thread will derail into (always happens with PC parts since its a fanboy hobby).

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15850...-and-others/39

Personally I went with a msi tomahawk x570 for my 5900x. Good vrms for pbo and a decent price. Also had the connectors I wanted.

I'm using on a MSI b550 tomahawk with no problems, one of the best motherboards for the price.

Depending on the full use of pcie gen 4 lines you need to go with a x570 or if you don't need them all you can go with a b550.
    Last edited by locketto; 2021-04-13 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by locketto View Post
    I'm using on a MSI b550 tomahawk with no problems, one of the best motherboards for the price.

Depending on the full use of pcie gen 4 lines you need to go with a x570 or if you don't need them all you can go with a b550.
    When I look at the current prices, I'm just glad that I assembled my computer a couple of years ago.

X570 Tomahawk is one of the best reviewed ones. It was MSIs comeback motherboard after their failure of their initial x570 lineup.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2021-04-13 at 02:46 PM.