Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question 9.1 PTR Today or Tomorrow ?

Hey guys, do we know if the 9.1 PTR will hit today or tomorrow ? Or will it be later ? Seems that Blizzard spoke about 2 weeks at end of april so, normally it will hit soon

They said this week (no date was given iirc), with raid testing details coming a week after the PTR went live.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Right now, they'll be prepping the PTR servers, checking that the deployment process works internally, and getting the client files prepped.

I'd expect to see it on Thursday or Friday to be honest - that allows them to get the regular maintenance out of the way. That way, if there's any issues with that, they'll have more resources available to handle it.

They might surprise us and deliver it late on Wednesday.

It could be anyday now, no1 knows except for blizzard.
    They like releasing things on tuesday tho

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If I understand correctly today FFXIV released new patch. Blizzard often move dates to counter competition, even if patch PTR isn't as exciting as patch release or pre-expansion PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhealer View Post
    Hey guys, do we know if the 9.1 PTR will hit today or tomorrow ? Or will it be later ? Seems that Blizzard spoke about 2 weeks at end of april so, normally it will hit soon
    They never give an exact date for the PTR to avoid disappointed people in a time of very volatile development. That being said i guess we get an update tonight (europe time) and PTR will open with only the new zone tomorrow.

Raid testing etc probably mid may

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If I understand correctly today FFXIV released new patch. Blizzard often move dates to counter competition, even if patch PTR isn't as exciting as patch release or pre-expansion PTR.
    This ^
    I ll be surprised if they don`t release it at some point today

Do you have any actual examples of this? Because from what i know they dont really give a shit about when other games are reeleased

Wednesday and Thursday.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Do you have any actual examples of this? Because from what i know they dont really give a shit about when other games are reeleased
    "From what I know" means "I don't have a clue"? It should be common knowledge, no matter how big you are, you don't ignore competition and stay on top for so many years.

Just two last patches for FFXIV:
    5.4 - 7th December - launch of Castle Nathria and S1
    5.3 - 10th August - launch of 9.0 PTR (which is huge thing, first time anyone has access to class changes).

I mean we still have this: In the past, new PTRs hit relatively soon after the first vendor update. For example, in Patch 8.2, the encrypted vendor build hit on April 4th, with the content reveal on April 11th and first PTR build on April 17th.

And they just said in about 2 weeks. So it was never a definitive statement. PTR can launch this week, but it's not God-given. I guess we might get a wrapup for 9.1 first and then several days later the PTR, as wowhead mentioned in their newspost. Vendor build was released on April 9.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

You guys are weird.

Anyway, my assumption is this: 9.1 Datamining today, with POTENTIALLY live servers either later today, or tomorrow.

Where are you guys getting this Thursday shit from? Blizzard’s been consistently putting shit out like this every Tuesday-Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhealer View Post
    at end of april? were mid way trough april.

blizz said "about 2 weeks" 2 weeks ago, so it could be any day now.

To be honest I am less interested in the content (say what you will blizzard can build pve encounters) and more interested to see if they fix the broken progression system and loot drop rates.

^^ not this.

Blizzard releases ptrs, betas, patches etc based on when they are ready to release.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    To be honest I am less interested in the content (say what you will blizzard can build pve encounters) and more interested to see if they fix the broken progression system and loot drop rates.
    1. Progression system is fine.
    2. Loot drop rates are the way they are due to POPULAR demand from BfA.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Raid testing etc probably mid may
    Raid testing is starting the week after the ptr launches.

OT, probably tomorrow or thursday, those seem like the days testing things most often come out.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    ^^ not this.

Blizzard releases ptrs, betas, patches etc based on when they are ready to release.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Progression system is fine.
    2. Loot drop rates are the way they are due to POPULAR demand from BfA.
    Saying remove bullshit rng drops isn't an invitation to butcher drop rates... Unless your paid for it you don't have to shill.

Saying remove bullshit rng drops isn't an invitation to butcher drop rates... Unless your paid for it you don't have to shill.
    Just because you have a different opinion doesn't mean everyone else is a shill lmao

???

Where's the shill? The guy just pointed out that a common complaint of BfA was the RNG nature of loot and the current system is a direct response to that concern. It's not always feast or famine and calling people shills for pointing out that something is the result of the nebulous feedback Blizzard "never listens to" is hardly a way to engage in a discussion.

Saying remove bullshit rng drops isn't an invitation to butcher drop rates...
    Correct. Unsure of the connection to my post though.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.