Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Cool, so the issue is that the dude isn't jacked enough and you just decided to complain about the womunz on the force.

So again: What's your definition? Since there will always be someone bigger than an officer around, should cops just like, put our wanted ads for the biggest people in the county and hire them because apparently being big is an important qualification because a majority of the officers time will, I guess, be spent manhandling suspects?

This is some special shit, yo. Going from blatant sexism to pure fantasy.
    All cops need to have Olympic Gold medals in at least 3 completely unrelated Olympic events. And they need to requalify at least once every 4 years. /s
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    1 is not greater than the 100 or black men that die from traffic stops.
    What? Conversations are not one-line gotchas. Engage or be ignored. I'm not doing this with you.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What? Conversations are not one-line gotchas. Engage or be ignored. I'm not doing this with you.
    It should be quite simple to for you to prove if it's a fact.
    A) Show me the ratio of Black people pulled over and how often they are killed by police.
    B) And show me the ratio of how many white people who killed multiple people and how often they are killed by police.
    If the facts show A>B then I will concede and you're correct. Since you're stating it as a fact it must be proven somewhere.
    If you cannot prove it, you can just admit you're lying.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Cool, so the issue is that the dude isn't jacked enough and you just decided to complain about the womunz on the force.

So again: What's your definition? Since there will always be someone bigger than an officer around, should cops just like, put our wanted ads for the biggest people in the county and hire them because apparently being big is an important qualification because a majority of the officers time will, I guess, be spent manhandling suspects?

This is some special shit, yo. Going from blatant sexism to pure fantasy.
    The size of the cop is irrelevant to them executing their duties (I'm amplifying your point here). Therefore, any mention of male/female-ness to the effectiveness of duty performance is also irrelevant.
    @Lost controller - not sure what you're getting at here. So small men can't be on the force either? And how exactly does size mean anything in subduing a suspect? Have you met Bruce Lee? Not a big guy, "subdued" everyone. It's training, not size.

- - - Updated - - -

It should be quite simple to for you to prove if it's a fact.
    A) Show me the ratio of Black people pulled over and how often they are killed by police.
    B) And show me the ratio of how many white people who killed multiple people and how often they are killed by police.
    If the facts show A>B then I will concede and you're correct. Since you're stating it as a fact it must be proven somewhere.
    If you cannot prove it, you can just admit you're lying.
    The great thing is that I don't have to accept assignments from people on this forum. Good luck with it though - let us know what you find!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The great thing is that I don't have to accept assignments from people on this forum. Good luck with it though - let us know what you find!
    So you admit you have no proof. Ok, I know you're a liar.

So you admit you have no proof. Ok, I know you're a liar.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...es/2016/04/06/

“ In 2015, The Post documented 990 fatal shootings by police, 93 of which involved people who were unarmed. Black men accounted for about 40 percent of the unarmed people fatally shot by police and, when adjusted by population, were seven times as likely as unarmed white men to die from police gunfire, The Post found.”

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...es/2016/04/06/

“ In 2015, The Post documented 990 fatal shootings by police, 93 of which involved people who were unarmed. Black men accounted for about 40 percent of the unarmed people fatally shot by police and, when adjusted by population, were seven times as likely as unarmed white men to die from police gunfire, The Post found.”
    That is neither of the stats I requested or the opinion he stated.
    EDIT: Also the link doesn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then link them I am not going to read 18 thousand posts
    Probably should steer clear of threads with 18000+ posts
    /s

That is neither of the stats I requested or the opinion he stated.
    EDIT: Also the link doesn't work.
    Google is a thing. It’s not behind a pay wall. You’ll probably just handwave it anyways.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Google is a thing. It’s not behind a pay wall. You’ll probably just handwave it anyways.
    Oh I don't disagree that black men disproportionally get murdered by cops, but that's not what he was stating as a fact.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    People like him typically do. I love it when disingenuous people feel like they can give us assignments, and if we don't fulfill their every need, they just start name calling.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I don't disagree that black men disproportionally get murdered by cops, but that's not what he was stating as a fact.
    Again, it's in this thread. If you really cared about this issue, you would go back and find it. But you're just looking for silly "gotcha" moments, and I'm not going to play your juvenile game.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    People like him typically do. I love it when disingenuous people feel like they can give us assignments, and if we don't fulfill their every need, they just start name calling.
    Calling you a liar when you are lying is name calling? The burden is on you when you make false statement.
    If it's an accepted truth the burden is on the person that believes it to be false to prove it's false.
    If it's not an accepted truth than obviously it's the opposite.
    It's like me saying there are humanoid aliens on Mars. It's not the accepted truth, so the burden would be on me to prove it true.
    You get the point.

Simple proof is all I am asking. An not just "oh it's somewhere."
    Last edited by ghotihook; 2021-04-13 at 07:10 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Calling you a liar is name calling? The burden is on you when you make false statement.
    If it's an accepted truth the burden is on the person that believes it to be false to prove it's false.
    If it's not an accepted truth than obviously it's the opposite.
    It's like me saying there are humanoid aliens on Mars. It's not the accepted truth, so the burden would be on me to prove it true.
    You get the point.
    No, but inaccurately calling me a liar is name calling.

And I agree. The burden is on me. And it's been met. Posted in this thread awhile back. If you can't be bothered to read a thread you're posting in, I don't know what to tell you.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, but inaccurately calling me a liar is name calling.

And I agree. The burden is on me. And it's been met. Posted in this thread awhile back. If you can't be bothered to read a thread you're posting in, I don't know what to tell you.
    If it's so easy just link it. Cause it's not there.

The size of the cop is irrelevant to them executing their duties (I'm amplifying your point here). Therefore, any mention of male/female-ness to the effectiveness of duty performance is also irrelevant.
    @Lost controller - not sure what you're getting at here. So small men can't be on the force either? And how exactly does size mean anything in subduing a suspect? Have you met Bruce Lee? Not a big guy, "subdued" everyone. It's training, not size.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get what size has to do with it nor gender its just what everyone brings up constantly. I am saying the physical test is clearly to lenient forcing officers to immediately turn to deadlier means of restraint rather then physical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    I don't get what size has to do with it nor gender its just what everyone brings up constantly. I am saying the physical test is clearly to lenient forcing officers to immediately turn to deadlier means of restraint rather then physical.
    You still haven't shown how any of the officers are not physically fit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    I think I misunderstood your initial point, my bad.

The physical test might be too lenient, but do you think it should be changed so that one officer can subdue any other person on their own?

It's your argument. The burden is on you.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, how fucking juvenile. It's because of people like you Skroe can no longer post here.

I didn't post the original link. Someone else did. I relied on that link for my statement. The link is in this thread.

Tell us again why we're responsible for you not reading a thread you're commenting on again? We're all dying to hear this.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's your argument. The burden is on you.
    That's not how facts work. The proving the accepted wrong is how it works.