Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icelin View Post
    Preferably something that flies. I think for the amount we have to collect, it's getting pretty high up there. They could at least make it a flying mount.
    i hope they only give us ground mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    hmmm, is there another firelands mount recolor they still haven't used? I'd love another fire bird
    White, cyan, pink, blue.

There you go, ideas for 450,500,550 and 600!

And I wouldnt even complain if this happened

//someone at 349

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I'm voting for mecha bear with jetback on the butt for flying.
    Please God, no.

I'd actually be a fan of another serpent - or some kind of golem that flies. (They should really make the ice golem and the golems from Gul'dan fly...)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I want an armored Alpaca mount.

Seems this isn't in 9.1, either?

Idk I guess the game is over for collectors?

I think the road block if traditionally these achievements gave mounts right?

I don't think Blizzard really wants to give out mounts anymore. Now put one in the shop to buy? Now you have Bobby's ears perking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

It's weird. 1200 pets was doable without store/promo pets pre 9.0 & now it's absolutely trivial, so to not see that in 9.1 either is pretty saddening. 110 factions is my real 9.1 dream, but heyo.

Maybe in 10.0, or maybe it is planned for 9.1 but they just haven't had a chance to implement it on the PTR yet.

Collectors are much closer to 600 than 400 at this point. I just don't get it, but it's really all but killed my motivation to even try anymore, some weird psychological thing I suppose....

Collectors are much closer to 600 than 400 at this point. I just don't get it, but it's really all but killed my motivation to even try anymore, some weird psychological thing I suppose....
    I don't even know how many mounts I have. The in game tracker is fucked (it seems like even the devs don't know how to count mounts at this point after class halls and covenants), statistic thingy was removed.

If it was up to me all mounts should count. If you bought the brown horse on alliance that should be +1, and if you bought a cyanblue raptor on horde, it should count as well, even tho you can't use it on alliance. It would fluctuate the number of mounts, but it would solve the headscratch with covenants, class halls, and things like that.

(Now we have the same problem with covenant specific achievements. Venthyr party achieves don't show up on your night fae, and vice cersa. Which is understandable on one hand but still weird, all achieves should be account wide)
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-04-14 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I don't even know how many mounts I have. The in game tracker is fucked (it seems like even the devs don't know how to count mounts at this point after class halls and covenants), statistic thingy was removed.
    Pretty much this I think. Before SL launched I was at 404 mounts. Once SL launched the tracker dropped me down to 389. I have now worked my back up to 407.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    Pretty much this I think. Before SL launched I was at 404 mounts. Once SL launched the tracker dropped me down to 389. I have now worked my back up to 407.
    Use the Litemount addon (it's the best one anyways), and its usable count appears to be correct or very close.

New mount count achievements were added at the beginning of BfA from what I remember. I don't recall the exact history of how these have been implemented, but I think we get new ones every 2 expansions? So 10.0 I guess? Also, mount collecting achievements have historically been easy for hardcore collectors. The only time windows when they were mildly challenging was when they were added in pre-patch times and were already balanced around the new expansion being out. Otherwise, they are attainable to a more general public than just the most dedicated collectors, and IMO that is perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I think the road block if traditionally these achievements gave mounts right?

I don't think Blizzard really wants to give out mounts anymore. Now put one in the shop to buy? Now you have Bobby's ears perking up.
    Oh yes, that must be why SL has like 80 mounts available in-game and we're not even in 9.1 yet, which is probably the record number in any .0 patch ever, but I haven't really checked so I'm not gonna die over that factoid. Anyway, we get more and more mounts instead of less, which is clearly trackable. How do you come up with this kind of stupidity? Smelling glue?

The one in LiteMount addon still works and is the one that was previously available in statistics. The achievements are still based on that. If anyone is looking for that old counter, just download that and check.

If it was up to me all mounts should count. If you bought the brown horse on alliance that should be +1, and if you bought a cyanblue raptor on horde, it should count as well, even tho you can't use it on alliance.
    There's no issue with that idea in general, other than the fact that it has always worked differently. All the previous achievements were built around the number of mounts usable on single character, and some of the original ones even around mounts acquired on a single character (pre-account wide mounts).

It would fluctuate the number of mounts, but it would solve the headscratch with covenants, class halls, and things like that. (Now we have the same problem with covenant specific achievements. Venthyr party achieves don't show up on your night fae, and vice cersa. Which is understandable on one hand but still weird, all achieves should be account wide)
    What headscratch? I disagree that we have any kind of problem here. In case you were confused, all the mounts from all covenants & legion class halls count towards the counter on all of your characters, even those who can't use them. Covenant specific achies kind of work like Alliance or Horde specific achies in BfA. Don't have any feelings about it one way or the other.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-04-14 at 09:10 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Oh yes, that must be why SL has like 80 mounts available in-game and we're not even in 9.1 yet, which is probably the record number in any .0 patch ever, but I haven't really checked so I'm not gonna die over that factoid. Anyway, we get more and more mounts instead of less, which is clearly trackable. How do you come up with this kind of stupidity? Smelling glue?
    I think we can all agree this guy is really, really tough. He tells people off on MMO Champion... lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I think we can all agree this guy is really, really tough. He tells people off on MMO Champion... lol..
    Tough? No. It's not hard at all to debunk something that is objectively wrong and easy to check in about 1 minute. Always sad when anti-wow trolls leave the general discussions and enter other sections with people who actually want to talk about the game instead of just shitposting to increase their post count that they probably consider their greatest achievement in life.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Tough? No. It's not hard at all to debunk something that is objectively wrong and easy to check in about 1 minute. Always sad when anti-wow trolls leave the general discussions and enter other sections with people who actually want to talk about the game instead of just shitposting to increase their post count that they probably consider their greatest achievement in life.
    As someone that wants to talk about the game so much you seem pretty focused in on the posters on the forum with the jerk level turned to 11.

I'm at 482 (according to Litemount) so yeah, additional achievements would be welcome.

Still waiting for the stormcrow mount to be added as a mount achieve reward

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest - Brutosaur with an AH would only be an acceptable reward at 1k mounts - Sure, there aren't that many mounts in the game yet, but we should get there in another 3 expansions. And someone with that level of dedication towards collecting mounts would likely already have the original Brutosaur mount.

Though a Brutosaur without the AH would be perfectly acceptable at any tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I'll be honest - Brutosaur with an AH would only be an acceptable reward at 1k mounts - Sure, there aren't that many mounts in the game yet, but we should get there in another 3 expansions. And someone with that level of dedication towards collecting mounts would likely already have the original Brutosaur mount.

Though a Brutosaur without the AH would be perfectly acceptable at any tier.
    No. Let the Longboy stay special ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

For better of for worse, I think everyone should give up on the idea of the Brutosaur getting reintroduced as an achievement reward. It just doesn't seem realistic considering the history of discontinued mounts, as well as the caliber of the mount itself.

The reality of meta mount-collecting achievements is that at some point they become somewhat trivial. So even if you put it at 1000 mounts or whatever, as suggested above, there will come a point where that is possible without having any very rare mounts.

Unless they actually created a meta achievement that requires, for example, owning every MoP world boss mount + potentially something else, and make it a reward for that. But even then they probably wouldn't want to just re-add Brutosaur through that.

As for the model itself being reused without AH ..that is more likely to happen at some point, and as mentioned before I wouldn't be a big fan of that not because of it being Brutosaur's model specifically, but simply cause I prefer not to have so many recolors of the same thing. If they actually iterated on the model and made more changes to it than a palette swap, that might be cool though.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection