Page 1 of 49
... LastLast

In-game Raider.io score

At last! Proper in-game ranking system
    Hopefully it will be like PvP rankings and M+ players actually get something neat.

Rio won't go away tho, it's still a nice tool to see where you stand in the world for your class

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    At last! Proper in-game ranking system
    Hopefully it will be like PvP rankings and M+ players actually get something neat.

Rio won't go away tho, it's still a nice tool to see where you stand in the world for your class
    Only took you like.. 3 expansions to get on board.. we are all so very thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Only took you like.. 3 expansions to get on board.. we are all so very thankful.
    Better late than never. Certainly could have been sooner tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Wait what?
    https://raider.io/news/212-inside-sc...scoring-system

OP is talking as if there's an in-game equivalent from Blizzard to see how players measure up but from the changes I've read on the PTR I've found no such feature listed. Unless the OP indeed did just discover the raider.io addon? If the former I'd love to see where you found this addition.

Edit: Poster above me posted the link with clarification. Seems it's not part of the initial PTR build or it's yet to be datamined.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2021-04-13 at 11:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

"The WoW development team has been in contact with us on this new Mythic+ scoring system, and they've expressed that they have designed theirs in a very similar way to how the Raider.IO Mythic+ Scoring system works."

Oh the rage is going to be fun.

Sure hope they improve the scoring system. 3 starring a mythic+ run should be worth more points than 1 staring a run that's only 1 level above.

This would be amazing - not so much because i care about Rio one way or the other, but the community will collapse in on itself and turn cannibal. Calling it now - its going to be chaotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This would be amazing - not so much because i care about Rio one way or the other, but the community will collapse in on itself and turn cannibal. Calling it now - its going to be chaotic.
    It's so exciting. The best new patch feature is the drama this'll cause "BLIZZARD NORMALIZING ELITISM!!!"

Reminds me of gearscore->ilvl.

doubt it.

usually when blizz implements a popular addon they put in a very basic version of it. so anyone who cares about m+ will keep using raiderio as it will have more/better features, and anyone who didn't care before still won't.

the net result will mostly be that people who don't know about raiderio will now not be as disadvantaged by it.

the only way raiderio dies off is if blizzard intentionally limits them, but in the past they have sooner done the opposite so i doubt that's happening.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-04-14 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Yup. It's literally the same thing. Glad to see official implementation so I can get rid of another addon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    doubt it.

usually when blizz implements a popular addon they put in a very basic version of it. so anyone who cares about m+ will keep using raiderio as it will have more/better features, and anyone who didn't care before still won't.
    Just like how everyone still uses gearscore!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Just like how everyone still uses gearscore!
    gearscore never had extra features. compare it to something like on screen flashy icons when your abilities proc, blizz put a bunch of those in but people still use more advanced addons to do that all the time. or compare it to blizzard ingame boss emotes vs bossmods vs weakauras.

it's entirely possible blizzard will make their ingame version just as good as raider.io, but i personally doubt it. especially the history feature and amount of runs/kills feature are things i don't think will make it to blizz version.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    "The WoW development team has been in contact with us on this new Mythic+ scoring system, and they've expressed that they have designed theirs in a very similar way to how the Raider.IO Mythic+ Scoring system works."

Oh the rage is going to be fun.
    I hope they do this and they don’t have exponential scaling post +10s. Keep the score linear (which will put a damper on the natural inclination of the community to inject score requirement inflation).

For that last part I am not complaining about getting kicked from groups, I just don’t like how people meme how certain io scores are garbage when said io is at 95+ percentile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    Not really analogous. Item level (and corresponding item budget) existed before gearscore, you just had to enable advanced tooltips to see it. Although the addon certainly made people more hyperaware of it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

R.IO never did anything more than put a numerical value in place of information already freely available on Blizzard's own Armory page. It's exciting that they're finally making it official but its ubiquity has kind of necessitated this move. I do question whether this will negatively impact the R.IO community since this will be pretty much invalidating their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotato2013 View Post
    For that last part I am not complaining about getting kicked from groups, I just don’t like how people meme how certain io scores are garbage when said io is at 95+ percentile.
    That's just gaming in general, not R.io, if you've ever played any game, you should know that everyone that is better than me is a nolifer with BO and no friends that just sits infront of the computer all day, and everyone worse is a braindead noob. This is obviously not true, but you will find this stupid sentiment no matter where you go, look through any thread here, if it's about skilled players "They just have more time, I can't sit in front of the computer for 8+ hours per day, if I could I could also raid world first" comments will be everywhere, if you look in a thread about casuals you'll see "they should just get better, getting out of fire isn't hard, it doesn't require more than 2 brain cells."

Very few people remember what it was like turning on the computer for the first time, how they read the descriptions of spells to remember what they do while in combat, forgetting which button made you move forward and backward, how to turn the camera, how they didn't know how to move efficiently even. And very few people can imagine why someone that either put in more time, or used their time more efficiently in game, or had more talent could be better than them, it sucks on a personal level to admit that even though you spent 3 hours and your friend spent 3 hours per week playing the same thing, she is way better than you.

So people look for external answers, in any thread about R.io you will see people saying both how "high keys are just gogogo massive pulls it's easy and doesn't require planning" And people telling you how hard whatever key level they just beat this week is and how noone could do it if they are under a certain score. I think having a built in R.io gives people a chance to see that it exists outside of people using it already, and the score being tracked ingame will make it feel more meaningful to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    R.IO never did anything more than put a numerical value in place of information already freely available on Blizzard's own Armory page. It's exciting that they're finally making it official but its ubiquity has kind of necessitated this move. I do question whether this will negatively impact the R.IO community since this will be pretty much invalidating their existence.
    To be clear - I dont care if it is introduced or not - it has little to no impact on me at all. But we both know how this community loves to dramatically blow everything out of proportion and exclaim that the sky is, in fact, falling. Its kind of like a rollercoaster - it will start slow, then a fury of activity and excitement "this game is dead to me" "elitism has killed wow" "im leaving to go play FF" etc etc, but then eventually, it will go full circle and we will end up exactly where we started, and just like a rollercoaster, everyone will still be onboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What could possibly go wrong?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything