Poll: Rate Shadowlands

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    BfA of course, Legion too in terms of classes. However, this expansion is miles away from being at the level of MoP/Legion in general terms.
    why "of coarse" - you said they improved the classes, but its not really an improvement if it is much worse than previous iterations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i would give a 7/10 for raids, classes and all the typical stuff. even when the immersion feels less warcrafty.

BUT:

i give it a 3,5/10 just for solely one reason: this fucked up treadmill/systems/borrowedpower Alts-Hating shit.

i did all this shit with my druid. ok. run thorgast every week just to be on par with that legendary. grinded 35 x dungeon to get the legendary pattern (remark: TOTALLY different from BfA essences...lol). ok. did that renown and all that campaign shit to have my pact and again: be competitive. then collected the conduits to be, again, competetive.

ok. i did all that fucked up shit i hate so much since Legion.

but now i leveled my sub rogue, SOLELY for doing PVP (BGs and 2v2 only). now i need again:

- renown 40 (or at least 22 for pvp unlock)
    - aprop. pact
    - aprop legendary (thorgast... puking)
    - get legendary pattern (yeah baby, farm thaeter of pain just to get ready for pvp - makes sense)
    - get conduits

I WISH I COULD PUT MY FIST INTO SOME BLIZZARD GAME DESIGNER PRODUCING THAT TREADMILL FUCK.

this makes me puke. really.

i nevr will get how ppl come to the conclusion that is xpac is ANY different than BfA or is in ANY way alt friendly and no treadmill. this ppl must be on the best drugs ever existed.

in reality i give SL just for this reason alone max 2/10
    My thoughts exactly. If you played a single toon in BfA, it wasn't overly grindy, but if you wanted to play, say, 4, the grind was AWFUL. And SL is the same! #$&, so much for "alt-friendliest expansion EVUR".
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    My thoughts exactly. If you played a single toon in BfA, it wasn't overly grindy, but if you wanted to play, say, 4, the grind was AWFUL. And SL is the same! #$&, so much for "alt-friendliest expansion EVUR".
    yep. 100% agree.

tried it with PvP now (ofc after again renown, legendary, campaign, thorgast, omfg). and: lol. just lol.

first:
    a million boosted ppl. ofc, cause Blizz wants to sell Tokens, bc they get 7 additional $ by doing nothing, for every Token ever passed the AH. so yeah, buy a Token, get a boost, boom - fat PvP rating and gear. and boom - more money for Blizz.

second:
    PvP is a wreck. literally everything is absurd burst. boomie, ret, firemage, sub - dead in 2secs max. PvP is in no way funny. besides the fact the half of all is bugged as hell. its definetely no alternative when you looking for good content, good gameplay or fun.

god, i am at a point, i would give SL 1/10. WoD and Cata was miiiiiiiles ahaid of SL, for me. WoW became such a huge trainwreck shit.

meh
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-29 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Rated it 7-8 in the last poll. Now 3-4, my subscription ended in January as I did all of the content in Shadowlands.
    That's silly ... saying something is a low score because you are finished it would mean everything you ever did or watched would be rubbish.

Oh - I just finished watching this amazing movie, but now it is done I realise it is rubbish.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    is good. still good

I never bothered to buy the expansion so I do not think I should vote at all. SL was the first time I did not buy an expansion ever and nothing so far has made me want to yet.

I let my sub lapse in January and figure I might reup when BC launches although part of thinks that going back will not be kind to my great memories of playing BC.

15+ Year Old Account
    The new zones bring Shadowlands down.
    I have no idea how they passed final game design. They're shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I love how everyone rates it 0, then says BFA and WOD are better, yet their achieves showed they either never played those xpacs, or played very little.

We get it, you played and peaked in tbc when you were no lifing it at 39.. now you’re mid 50’s and you cant get hard anymore so you rate the game because you’re jaded af.

Games been out a few months ffs

I've never been bored with an expansion so quickly. Launch experience and the first two weeks were an 8/10 for me. Now I'm barely at a 4/10. The content has been over for months now, and it seems like we still have to wait for another three, if not more. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's silly ... saying something is a low score because you are finished it would mean everything you ever did or watched would be rubbish.

Oh - I just finished watching this amazing movie, but now it is done I realise it is rubbish.
    No it's not silly, it's my personal experience. The content was good to very good in the first weeks but completely lost me later on due to different reasons: unrewarding Mythic+, horrible affixes, super boring and useless WQ, timegating, inconvenience during traveling etc.

What you initially liked can turn you off very fast and with Shadowlands this was the case.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Pretty silly comparison. You don't pay a recurring subscription to watch a single movie. You subscribe to Netflix. Of course it would be rubbish if you could ever run out of things to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No it's not silly,
    That is incorrect.. it is silly, however the range of human opinions these days incorporates a lot of silly.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

i'll give it a 3/10

outside of the initial level up playthru in the new zones, and getting the eye candy. i felt like the game offered me very little to make me stick around.

The lack of power grind is something I'm truly thankful for, as playing alts/other games is great. Many specs are also in a better place than they were in BfA, but that's not really saying much.

37.31% good or above
    38.99% bad or below

more people think that the game is horrible than excellent

no wonder this game is bleeding subs. such a bad expansion for so so many people.

5+ Year Old Account
    Although Shadowlands has taken some good steps in the right direction, it failed to address some of WoW's biggest issues such as player engagement & social interactions.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    37.31% good or above
    38.99% bad or below

more people think that the game is horrible than excellent

no wonder this game is bleeding subs. such a bad expansion for so so many people.
    Well, i think the vast majority of players that arent subbed right now, wont join a wow related forum or vote in a wow related thread. But "bleeding" subs is no real problem, rumors tell that they make most $$$ in asia.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Although Shadowlands has taken some good steps in the right direction, it failed to address some of WoW's biggest issues such as player engagement & social interactions.
    What are the good steps in the right direction ? Honest question, because from my point of view, SL mafe steps in the complete wrong direction.And as long as they cater ppl who enjoy playing wow as a singleplayer game and dont offer meaningful content for those players who actually enjoy the basics of an mmo, this wont change

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee76 View Post
    What are the good steps in the right direction ? Honest question, because from my point of view, SL mafe steps in the complete wrong direction.And as long as they cater ppl who enjoy playing wow as a singleplayer game and dont offer meaningful content for those players who actually enjoy the basics of an mmo, this wont change
    - Infinite grind is gone (mostly)
    - A more interactive end-game via Covenants (it still needs a lot of work but the foundation is there)
    - Choice of world engagement (used to be only World Quests, now you have Maw/Torghast/WQs & Weekly Quests, even if those have their shortcomings)
    - A more streamlined gearing process
    - Reintroduction of new 'mysteries'/'twists' in the WoW lore that keep story-enthusiasts guessing (I am aware of the mixed opinions regarding the 'plot', but glad they have introduced some new elements into their story, even if I myself have mixed feelings about them. WoW's lore has been somewhat stagnant the last few expansions)
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

The problem with SL is that it's an expansion made to fix all the mess they've made in BFA.
    Many don't realize but BFA was without a shadow of a doubt, the worst expansion the blizz has ever done. A number of design mistakes were made that were really incredible from many points of view during BFA and now it takes time to fix everything (eg GCD but especially bad class design and bad gear progress system). If there hadn't been WOW in front of the BFA name, it would have ended up like Anthem.
    As a result SL hasn't brought anything really new, it's the same game from Legion. Furthermore, I would not have embarked on a system like the covenant knowing full well that the balance of the 4 would be too complex.
    Having said that SL has good potential but the blizz must exploit them well.
    My rating currently 6.5 / 10

Quote Originally Posted by CiccioBello View Post
    Many don't realize but BFA was without a shadow of a doubt, the worst expansion the blizz has ever done.
    I consider SL to be far worse than BfA. And I don't think my reaction is unusual.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"