Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They really are dead-set on trying to kill their own game, aren't they?

That's what happens when you put a self-proclaimed "elitist jerk" in the driver's seat. They're just so completely fucking oblivious about the majority of their own player base.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    What could possibly go wrong?
    I mean, PvP rating already exists. And nobody is complaining that the 2,300 rated PvPers don't invite 1,400 people to their groups.

It all depends on how robust the system is, and what other balance changes they make. In general more information means better groups, but that doesn't mean we should treat this new system as the magical solution to all of WoW's M+ woes. It'll probably be an improvement, but how much, well, that remains to be seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't expect anything worse than the current R.Io system.

its the asshats that treat R.Io score like its gospel that are the problem.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

not surprising - whole SL is catered only to toxic minority so now they double down on it.

60% already left game - i guess they aim at getting rid of 90% by the time 9.1 lands.

I just come here to see the 500 io kids who don't know how to aim a meat hook or solve a 3rd grade puzzle get mad about data displaying that they can't properly aim a meat hook or solve a 3rd grade puzzle.

Kamuimac and something wicked got held back in 3rd grade.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-04-14 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post

That's what happens when you put a self-proclaimed "elitist jerk" in the driver's seat. They're just so completely fucking oblivious about the majority of their own player base.
    Kind of the opposite actually means people won't need an out of game ui tool to avoid playing with people who can't be bothered to learn their rotation and join group after group until they eventually get one that will drag them along through their weekly 14.

- - - Updated - - -

There is one way it could be worse if it doesn't count for alts it will be very annoying to pug on alts

Finally... hate to have to always update the rio client to get current data.

It won't go away despite peoples whining... who are mostly peopel who do not come into contact with it anyway.

Still: *getsthepopcorn*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Kind of the opposite actually means people won't need an out of game ui tool to avoid playing with people who can't be bothered to learn their rotation and join group after group until they eventually get one that will drag them along through their weekly 14.

- - - Updated - - -

There is one way it could be worse if it doesn't count for alts it will be very annoying to pug on alts
    Why would it coutn on alts? Just because you can heal with your druid a +15 doesn't mean you can play it with you rouge...

15+ Year Old Account
    Wish it mesures activity like uptime casting/dps and moving out of stuff/doing mechs.
    Like logs. Would be awesome and much beter. Now i see 1400 rio ppl acting (or are) noob.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Best thing is that it will allow them to base rewards on it too like in PvP.
    I am pretty sure you will still need a raider.io addon for filtering players and their rating, as "hover over" is a bit too drastic for Blizzard if you ask me.

I just want to see actual ladder progression in-game with "Elite [Class]" or Glad equivalents. Maybe expand the achievement brackets too like "time a +20 tyrannical" or do a Deathless +15 or +20.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    It's opposite. M+ is best thing in WoW currently and was overdue some changes in reward/ladder structure.

I am pretty sure Blizzard will not calculate and show a score, also they will not show main exp on alts.

What they will do however is showing the highest completed key for every dungeon and the number of completed runs.

They'll probably show KSM on your account on any char tho

Ahh please include all the shit, stood in fire, missed meat hook, does not interrupt, does not use cooldowns, messed up rotation etc, every single fucking detail please. FInally some good fucking news. Jokes aside I hope they can do it much more detailed than raider.io

Finally. This is fantastic news.

Meaningless unless they plan on using that score for some kind of matchmaking.

10+ Year Old Account

R.IO is a necessary evil.

Gotta pug sometimes but when you've got a list of applicants for your group, how do you know who has experience? R.IO helps with that. It's not a perfect tool, but it's the best we've got, outside of not pugging. Like I want DoS and I see someone with 1500 RIO but no DoS and someone with 1300 RIO and a timed DOS run, gonna take the second person, because he's got enough RIO and some experience in DoS.

The problem is when toxic idiots get a hold of the system. Seen a few +5 in LFG where the clown demands RIO. Like, it's a 5 dude. 5 mildly incompetent clowns can handle a +5. I personally don't think RIO's important until 10 and up.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Why would it coutn on alts? Just because you can heal with your druid a +15 doesn't mean you can play it with you rouge...
    this is something which i very often see as one of main reasons why groups break up - people with 1300 io on main playing like complete garbage on alts.
    if it was me i would always pick for my weekly 12-14s person who has like 900 io and 40 completed +10-14 on that alt over person with 1300 on main and 2-3 completed on +10-14 on that alt.

sadly most people dont use brain and just take whoever has high number on main . and then problems happen very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Wish it mesures activity like uptime casting/dps and moving out of stuff/doing mechs.
    Like logs. Would be awesome and much beter. Now i see 1400 rio ppl acting (or are) noob.
    Some kinds of integrated WoW Analyzer would be nice, like in LoL. "Avoidable dmg taken, active mitigation uptime in comparison to same spec. average, dispels done, interrupts done, you have used X CD Y times - 3 times less than average for this dungeon completion time"

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    R.IO is a necessary evil.

Gotta pug sometimes but when you've got a list of applicants for your group, how do you know who has experience? R.IO helps with that. It's not a perfect tool, but it's the best we've got, outside of not pugging. Like I want DoS and I see someone with 1500 RIO but no DoS and someone with 1300 RIO and a timed DOS run, gonna take the second person, because he's got enough RIO and some experience in DoS.

The problem is when toxic idiots get a hold of the system. Seen a few +5 in LFG where the clown demands RIO. Like, it's a 5 dude. 5 mildly incompetent clowns can handle a +5. I personally don't think RIO's important until 10 and up.
    the irony is that most likely +5-9 is hardest m+ bracket atm - because you have only extremly undergeared people there - and not like 1-2 undergeared people but your whole team is extremly undergeared plus you dont have pride to bypass hardest parts of dungeons.

imo +10s are much easier to time then lik +7/8 because you have plenty of 215+ people quing for 10s while you have literlay non quing for 7-9 .

On what other factors do you base invites for higher m+, than on r.io?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Some kinds of integrated WoW Analyzer would be nice, like in LoL. "Avoidable dmg taken, active mitigation uptime in comparison to same spec. average, dispels done, interrupts done, you have used X CD Y times - 3 times less than average for this dungeon completion time"
    Not a good idea. People get mad at that. Have you ever tried to help someone doing half of your dps even tho your gear is comparable? People quite often get mad about stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Sure hope they improve the scoring system. 3 starring a mythic+ run should be worth more points than 1 staring a run that's only 1 level above.
    So easier content should reward better than harder content?

It's nice to have the tool implemented officially in game - though i want to see where the differences will be and how people will manage the coexistence of both the things.

I'm not a fan of ranking systems but apparently it's what majority of players want so i cannot really oppose to it. The problem with r.io is not r.io, it's players as every single time something similar popped up, like gearscore.

Players want scores because they want to show people how they are better than others, not for evaluating players. At least r.io shows that you have done stuff, while the score itself is useless since anyone can buy a boost and then have the score for +15s done in time.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.