Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/charl...-resist-tweet/

Y'all, the brainworms are fuckin killing me.
    Saw the same thing on my reddit, love when Republican Trump supporters are the least aware people ever.

https://www.npr.org/sections/trial-o...-with-policies

Seems the best the defense can do is an ex-cop saying everything Chauvin did was fine including -

Brodd described the position in which Floyd was restrained — facedown on the ground — as being safest for officers and suspect. And he added that holding a person in that position does not make it more dangerous.

"If the officer is justified in using the prone control, the maintaining of the prone control is not a use of force. It's a control technique," he testified.

"It doesn't hurt."
    Apparently, let's just reject all the evidence and extensive testimony and the fact that he was killed due to pressure on the back of his neck. I mean, it doesn't even hurt!

A bit sad that Brodd didn't volunteer to have someone of Chauvin's size kneel on his neck with his full weight for around 9 minutes in the courtroom to prove that it doesn't hurt. Like that time Crowder did it after adjusting his position so he was more comfortable and his buddy used maybe 5% of his body weight in pressure.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/charl...-resist-tweet/

Y'all, the brainworms are fuckin killing me.
    Fuck him, he's a shitty white supremacist.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Fuck him, he's a shitty white supremacist.
    Yep, people ask me why I call the Turning Point USA, basically the Hitler Youth Recruiters of today. Because I have seen lots of chapters, for some fucking reason they are allowed racist hate groups on campuses, at colleges, that have been sanctioned for the shit they have done and said.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yep, people ask me why I call the Turning Point USA, basically the Hitler Youth Recruiters of today. Because I have seen lots of chapters, for some fucking reason they are allowed racist hate groups on campuses, at colleges, that have been sanctioned for the shit they have done and said.
    That's because it's a legion of white supremacist fratboys. They're the white-collar version of the Proud Boys, who are the decaffeinated version of the Oath Keepers, who are the hoodless version of the KKK.

Dylan Roof, Kyle Rittenhouse, and several other mass shooters recently that have been able to walk away from a mass shooting event, and even taken to fucking fast food before they were arraigned. That literally happened with Dylan Roof, after he killed 8 black people in a Church.
    >Kyle Rittenhouse
    >mass shooter
    He sure was a shitty mass shooter, what with killing two and only wounding one. Oh wait, that doesn’t even qualify as a mass shooting since it requires four people to be shot and injured/killed.

And it’s funny that all the black people who end up getting shot all resist arrest and/or have warrants. If only there was a pattern of conduct with the people being shot. And before you say it, no I’m not talking about the one where the idiot pulled her gun instead of her taser.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy Chicken View Post
    >Kyle Rittenhouse
    >mass shooter
    He sure was a shitty mass shooter, what with killing two and only wounding one. Oh wait, that doesn’t even qualify as a mass shooting since it requires four people to be shot and injured/killed.

And it’s funny that all the black people who end up getting shot all resist arrest and/or have warrants. If only there was a pattern of conduct with the people being shot. And before you say it, no I’m not talking about the one where the idiot pulled her gun instead of her taser.
    Oh, the brand new racist account, is going to try to shit talk me? Good try.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy Chicken View Post
    >Kyle Rittenhouse
    >mass shooter

And since when is resisting arrest or having a warrant out justifiable cause for the use of deadly force?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saw the same thing on my reddit, love when Republican Trump supporters are the least aware people ever.
    The secret is to not actually believe in anything beyond being opposed to your political enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    The secret is to not actually believe in anything beyond being opposed to your political enemies.
    Especially these guys. They do anything for a buck. Just like Candace Owens. She sued in 2007 I think, because of some racism she experienced in school, with the help of the NAACP. Got like $37,500 for it. Went on to hate Trump up til like 2017 or 18, then realized she can get a lot of money from gullible Republicans, even spent her time to take a chance at literally defending Hitler. Was sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.npr.org/sections/trial-o...-with-policies

Seems the best the defense can do is an ex-cop saying everything Chauvin did was fine including -

Apparently, let's just reject all the evidence and extensive testimony and the fact that he was killed due to pressure on the back of his neck. I mean, it doesn't even hurt!

A bit sad that Brodd didn't volunteer to have someone of Chauvin's size kneel on his neck with his full weight for around 9 minutes in the courtroom to prove that it doesn't hurt. Like that time Crowder did it after adjusting his position so he was more comfortable and his buddy used maybe 5% of his body weight in pressure.
    As a practitioner of MMA, I can attest to the fact that getting pinned with a knee to the neck is extremely painful, and potentially lethal. And I experienced that pin on a mat. I couldn’t imagine dealing with that pin on concrete during a hot day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially these guys. They do anything for a buck. Just like Candace Owens. She sued in 2007 I think, because of some racism she experienced in school, with the help of the NAACP. Got like $37,500 for it. Went on to hate Trump up til like 2017 or 18, then realized she can get a lot of money from gullible Republicans, even spent her time to take a chance at literally defending Hitler. Was sad.
    I meant to start a thread on it yesterday, might do it today after work and it doesn’t fit here... but, GOP and in large part conservatives, are becoming less of a political party, but the more they take on the image of Trump... the more they are just becoming a brand.

Trump is the first brand name we made president and no one notices. The joke was always president Nike or Pepsi... we got the Trump brand instead.

Candice, much like the rest of the grift squad, are all about branding and marketing. Like her and conservative outrage over Kureg, is what lead directly to Nike ads that they once again freaked out over. If Nike didn’t see the sales spike for Kureg, during the conservative outrage over a coffee maker, they would never have hired Krapernic to be in their ad. Their outrage, of one side buying their shit to burn and another to support their marketing stance, helped Nike value rise by 6 billion. Yet, it also increased the clout of grifters like Owens, to the point we still see conservatives pointing at Nike as a win... despite the fact that it caused sales to explode. Because hurting a corporation was never the point, it was to define the brand of Owens. Their celebration of a win, is being misconstrued by followers as hurting Nike... instead of building Candice Owens.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/14/u...te-wright.html

The officer that shot and killed Wright will be charged with second degree manslaughter.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/609.205

Max 10 year sentence. IMO charges should always be enhanced for officers who are supposed to be trained not to make these kinds of mistakes in their job, but this seems to fit the situation.

10+ Year Old Account

The officer that shot and killed Wright will be charged with second degree manslaughter.

Max 10 year sentence. IMO charges should always be enhanced for officers who are supposed to be trained not to make these kinds of mistakes in their job, but this seems to fit the situation.
    I'm fine with not enhancing the actual charge; that seems like it's potentially excessive, upgrading from manslaughter to murder "because cop" or something.

That said, maximum sentences for convicted officers, that I can get behind. No special considerations when it comes to prison time, either.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't agree. Everyone should be equal in law. Doesn't matter if your a cop, a store owner, a librarian, white, yellow, pink or whatever.

This cop deserves a sentence but not longer then anyone else just because she's a cop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't follow Chauvin's "defense" team's new argument:

Carbon Monoxide from the running cop car that Floyd was forcefully held next to caused his death.

Uh. Ok. H-how is that any better? "No no your Honor, we didn't crush his neck until he stopped breathing, we held him close to a source of CO until he died haha"

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Carbon Monoxide from the running cop car that Floyd was forcefully held next to caused his death.

Uh. Ok. H-how is that any better? "No no your Honor, we didn't crush his neck until he stopped breathing, we held him close to a source of CO until he died haha"
    "Your honor, I didn't kill him. I just taped a bag over his head and he died due to a lack of oxygen. I had no part in his natural death."

Are we sure that Lin Wood isn't repping this fuck?

10+ Year Old Account

I guess it might be easier to argue that it was an honest accident, if that were true? Thus get a lighter sentence. Or get free entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

7+ Year Old Account

I thought it sounded stupid, and a quick google search indicates that CO poisoning is pretty obvious- when CO binds with hemoglobin (which is why it kills you), the co-hemoglobin molecule is a pretty distinctive cherry pink, and his blood and muscles should have been riddled with it.

Odd that no autopsies mentioned this...