Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this is something which i very often see as one of main reasons why groups break up - people with 1300 io on main playing like complete garbage on alts.
    if it was me i would always pick for my weekly 12-14s person who has like 900 io and 40 completed +10-14 on that alt over person with 1300 on main and 2-3 completed on +10-14 on that alt.

sadly most people dont use brain and just take whoever has high number on main . and then problems happen very fast.
    the most important aspect of PvE is that players know the content. It's not that important that players are super skilled at their class. Mediocre players beat 14s. What is important is that you interrupt the important casts, that you dodge the important abilities and that you don't buttpull left and right because you're running the route for the first time and don't know what you're doing.

My worst healing experience is when the tank doesn't have a high rio alt and just breaks into 10s. The routes are completely wild and unprepared. I had good runs end in a depleted key because the route was so awful that Pride spawned in the worst possible situation (ToP last small platform before Kul'tharok Pride spawn right when one of the smaller mobs died, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Not a good idea. People get mad at that. Have you ever tried to help someone doing half of your dps even tho your gear is comparable? People quite often get mad about stuff like that.
    It could be a toggle "share your analysis with other players" and if you don't want to, only you can see your performance analysis. I mean even if you deflect the blame to something, it would stick to you after some time if you can see that you missed 8 possible combustions in the dungeon. Ofc. some will still be in denial and blame something else. Tho it still has to be very generic and transcendent, so things like rotation monitoring shouldn't be done as it might change, while avoidable dmg is always avoidable dmg.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they'll tie gear upgrades to this score instead of getting ksm.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Well, in the article it mentions that Blizzard developers explain they already came up with a rating / scoring system very similar to the one used by r.io
    ye just like they came up with idea of WQ very similiar to how fates in FF14 worked at that time

it was total coincidence not a complete rip off. sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Not a good idea. People get mad at that. Have you ever tried to help someone doing half of your dps even tho your gear is comparable? People quite often get mad about stuff like that.
    It's a way better idea than a rio score that solely based on dungeon completion. Also a game telling someone that he's bad is something else than a person telling you that.

ye just like they came up with idea of WQ very similiar to how fates in FF14 worked at that time

it was total coincidence not a complete rip off. sure.
    Well, they have been in contact with rio team. I hope they are open to feedback. Again, I don't see them doing the hover over scoring, but official ranking opens for pve arena rating system and base rewards on it too, i.e. KSM gives you vicious mount and doing +20s would give you glad grade mount. Also better rewards on high rating.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Some kinds of integrated WoW Analyzer would be nice, like in LoL. "Avoidable dmg taken, active mitigation uptime in comparison to same spec. average, dispels done, interrupts done, you have used X CD Y times - 3 times less than average for this dungeon completion time"
    Yes like that, i dont play LoL but that is awesome.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    Meaningless unless they plan on using that score for some kind of matchmaking.
    It is used for matchmaking. It's just not automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    They really are dead-set on trying to kill their own game, aren't they?

That's what happens when you put a self-proclaimed "elitist jerk" in the driver's seat. They're just so completely fucking oblivious about the majority of their own player base.
    Lmao... are you one of those people who thinks that Raider.io suddenly vanishes and the game would get less toxic without raider.io? Where i have to just take someone and hope they are ok. And it totaly WON'T get toxic if people get matched with idiot who cannot play the game for shits?^^

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Lmao... are you one of those people who thinks that Raider.io suddenly vanishes and the game would get less toxic without raider.io? Where i have to just take someone and hope they are ok. And it totaly WON'T get toxic if people get matched with idiot who cannot play the game for shits?^^
    what blizzard should do is copy both FF "player scoring system " as well as their GMs taking actions against players toxicity and giving perma bans to all toxic people

this would help game .

this change will jsut make more people unsub.

not surprising - whole SL is catered only to toxic minority so now they double down on it.

60% already left game - i guess they aim at getting rid of 90% by the time 9.1 lands.
    Are you pulling numbers out yer arse or you actually got a source for that claim? I'll wait... *rolleyes*

what blizzard should do is copy both FF "player scoring system " as well as their GMs taking actions against players toxicity and giving perma bans to all toxic people

this would help game .

this change will jsut make more people unsub.
    No. People should just grow up. If someone calls you names. Leave.

Blizz banning people for using bad words (*shiver*) is exactly as stupid and FF14 is not even less toxic.
    If you take part in a competetive environment people get agitated if you play bad. Nothing will change that.

If people don't like that don't play that part of the game. No rio will make it so much worse for everyone. every second key you have to give up and do what? Thank the idiot who cannot play +15 but has a high Ilvl, which would be the ONLY metric left to look if a player is able to clear high end content?

Low iLvl would equal not invite. Now you can get a higher rioscore even with bad ilvl. After that not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Yes like that, i dont play LoL but that is awesome.
    They have something similar in GW2 as well, tracking everything that you did and it will be major upgrade for WoW to have something alike.

On topic, it is better to have something official from Blizzard rather than not, next stop upgrade the UI plz, ty!

This is another bad idea that will just further divide playerbase. People don't seem to understand that toxicity comes basically from a rat race. Make game more like rat race for irrelevant numbers and you will get LoL levels of toxicity. Next step will be making gear drop tied to score, not content. Timed raids, removal of leveling, shrinking story and actual content (because nobody goes outside so its waste of time anyways). Bit by bit removing the social aspect and further emphasize on difficulty, timers, rankings.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    This is another bad idea that will just further divide playerbase. People don't seem to understand that toxicity comes basically from a rat race. Make game more like rat race for irrelevant numbers and you will get LoL levels of toxicity. Next step will be making gear drop tied to score, not content. Timed raids, removal of leveling, shrinking story and actual content (because nobody goes outside so its waste of time anyways). Bit by bit removing the social aspect and further emphasize on difficulty, timers, rankings.
    Toxicity comes with difficulty. The only way to remove toxicity in Mythic+ and PvP is to remove Mythic+ and PvP.
    Less possibilities to evaluate the player you invite before you invite them will make it so much worse.

But yes timed raids etc would also make it more toxic. But there is no indication blizz even thinks about doing that stuff except maybe shrinking story... which honestly allready happend imho.

Wish it mesures activity like uptime casting/dps and moving out of stuff/doing mechs.
    Like logs. Would be awesome and much beter. Now i see 1400 rio ppl acting (or are) noob.
    I am very much in favor of raider.io. I like the system and i like that Blizzard wants to implement it, but activity measuring will never work, because it's way too situational.
    There are tons of situations where good players chose to purposefully fail mechanics because it's simply the right thing to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I am very much in favor of raider.io. I like the system and i like that Blizzard wants to implement it, but activity measuring will never work, because it's way too situational.
    There are tons of situations where good players chose to purposefully fail mechanics because it's simply the right thing to do.
    Easy to mesure uptime, use if cd/abilities, standing out of shit/doing mechanics = %score.
    Raider.io is stupid, i see rio ~1400 people doing stuff like their new.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Of course you will have some exceptions but on average Rio is a very good measurement of skill and knowledge. It's not perfect but in most cases it's sufficient.

Easy to mesure uptime, use if cd/abilities, standing out of shit/doing mechanics = %score.
    plenty of people bought boosts . KSM boost will put you like on 1350 score ? . theres where those people come from .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Of course you will have some exceptions but on average Rio is a very good measurement of skill and knowledge. It's not perfect but in most cases it's sufficient.
    if its a person who has like 50-70 timed dungeon in bracket you are doing ? sure.

if its a person who has like 1300 score and liek 10 timed runs in this point of tier ? 99,99% of chance he bought it.

That moment when requirements and background checks on people to run a dungeon in a game are more extensive than companies do when interviewing people for a job lol.