Page 74 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yep. Running infrastructure as a for profit system is clearly a horrible idea. Weird how that point goes right over Machismo’s head.
    So, blame the California and Japanese governments... and the Soviets.. and Flint Michigan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And you were calling people "trumpers" earlier... And all the while you were a supporter. What was that supposed to have been, a compliment?
    Nah, you're a devout Trumpster, try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Still haven’t said how you plan on funding the smallest government we can achieve.
    Reducing spending... it's a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yep. Running infrastructure as a for profit system is clearly a horrible idea. Weird how that point goes right over Machismo’s head.
    Yup. Infrastructure and social policies should never be run as for-profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Because the one I linked for the correct congressional session, shows 0, 1, 3... as nays for that year. I listed the entire senate record, since there were several amendments to the budget.
    I linked the ones voted in 2000.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/106th-...3A%22all%22%7D

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/200075

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=2&vote=00085

- - - Updated - - -

Who was president in April 2000?
    Clinton, we already covered this.

In Congress, what party were the primary supporters?

- - - Updated - - -

I blame assholes who refuse to spend on infrastructure and prefer to cut taxes for the wealthy instead.

Reducing spending doesn’t create income. It just reduces spending. Where do you get the money to spend on having the single government employee who decides we can’t murder and the like?
    So, California, Japan, Flint, and the Soviets?

How do you propose to cover all those deficits?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Who is the majority shareholder in Tepco? Which means... who literally controls it?

PG&E is a government-protected provider, meaning the State of California is saying they are your only provider.

The GOP are not libertarians, and Flint has long been controlled by Democrats.

The Soviets were too capitalist for you? Holy shit.
    The market. They still have to obey the free market principle of investor rights. Also the majority of shares aren't owned by the Japanese government.
    They're still capitalists who cut corners and hid their actions from regulators.
    The Flint government was removed by the GOP.
    Go back re-read what I said.

These happened because money was deemed to be more important than people. This fact is inescapable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The market. They still have to obey the free market principle of investor rights. Also the majority of shares aren't owned by the Japanese government.
    They're still capitalists who cut corners and hid their actions from regulators.
    The Flint government was removed by the GOP.
    Go back re-read what I said.

These happened because money was deemed to be more important than people. This fact is inescapable.
    The Japanese government controls them...

They don't have to obey free-market principles, they are a government-protected monopoly in California. That's not the free markets.

Man, such government incompetence...

Nah, you're a devout Trumpster, try again. .
    You're the one that supported his policies.

O wait...libertarian tactic of changing definitions... No wonder you guys have a reputation for being delusional.

How do you propose to cover yours? I asked first.
    Reducing spending, and cutting taxes. I answered many, many times.

Your turn.

- - - Updated - - -

You're the one that supported his policies.

O wait...libertarian tactic of changing definitions... No wonder you guys have a reputation for being delusional.
    I also think vegetarianism is a healthy lifestyle, does that mean I supported Hitler?

Meanwhile, you spent months and months shilling for Trump, all to shit on Democrats as concern trolling from the left. Well, this is awkward.

The Japanese government controls them...

They don't have to obey free-market principles, they are a government-protected monopoly in California. That's not the free markets.

Man, such government incompetence...
    Incorrect. Investor rights controls them.
    They obey the free market principle of reducing costs to provide more profit.
    GOP Government incompetence. Flint wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Rick "I operate government like a business" Snyder.

Meanwhile, you spent months and months shilling for Trump, all to shit on Democrats as concern trolling from the left. Well, this is awkward.
    Ah...delusions again..

Incorrect. Investor rights controls them.
    They obey the free market principle of reducing costs to provide more profit.
    GOP Government incompetence. Flint wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Rick "I operate government like a business" Snyder.
    And who is the main investor? The Japanese fucking government.

So, blame the owner... the Japanese Government.

Flint was long controlled by Democrats, stop giving them a pass, because you support them.

The same goes for the California government.

That's the problem, you only want to blame one party, when both are fucking terrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Federal government spends less on military. Shift that to infrastructure, education, and social programs.
    You have a deficit of $1trillion, that's more than the entire defense budget. You wouldn't be able to shift anything, even if you reduced it to zero.

Well, that didn't pan out, did it?

It’s almost like we’re in a pandemic... check normal years, we could easily fund everything necessary while also cutting the meaningless deficit.
    So, how much do you want to take out of the defense budget?

https://datalab.usaspending.gov/amer...eficit/trends/

I look forward to you showing me how you plan on paying for it all. Good luck!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you link where that passes? Do you see the sponsor being Kasich? Your links seem to show it stalling after senate?

Here is Clinton signing the budget in December:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?161451...et-act-signing

Are there any news stories about Democrats disagreeing with the budget?

Edit: Are you googling for Clinton’s budget, or a budged Democrats voted against?

Edit: See this budget that passed senate 4 days prior to signing?

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=2&vote=00298

This is what I linked before, these are the budget votes, on the budget that was signed by Clinton in December:

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...menu_106_2.htm
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-14 at 01:45 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

$500Bn would be a good start.
    But, you said you wanted to shift that elsewhere. So, how are you going to actually balance the budget.

I look forward to you showing me how you plan on paying for it all. Good luck!!!
    You mean "us" paying for it.

Can you link where that passes? Do you see the sponsor being Kasich? Your links seem to show it stalling after senate?

Here is Clinton signing the budget in December:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?161451...et-act-signing

Are there any news stories about Democrats disagreeing with the budget?

Edit: Are you googling for Clinton’s budget, or a budged Democrats voted against?
    Clinton did sign the budget, and the budget was GOP drawn, and passed by mostly GOP votes. You have the voting records right there...

- - - Updated - - -

You mean "us" paying for it.
    He's the one deciding, I'll let him pick who is paying for it.

And who is the main investor? The Japanese fucking government.

So, blame the owner... the Japanese Government.

Flint was long controlled by Democrats, stop giving them a pass, because you support them.

The same goes for the California government.

That's the problem, you only want to blame one party, when both are fucking terrible.
    Citation please. In any event, they still have to obey the principle of investor rights because they're a publicly traded company.
    Flint's democratically elected government was replaced by Snyder's emergency managers.
    PG&E is also a publicly traded company that obeyed the principle of investor rights. Their monopoly status is irrelevant. PG&E was a monopoly when the GOP controlled California. Hell, its probably their fault they're a monopoly.

When the Dems act as a bad as the GOP always do, I will blame them. Till then shut the fuck up.

I didn’t say all of it. You shift a portion of it, tax the rich and corporations the same as everyone else, and you’ll see another surplus. Hell, if we implement a marginal tax rate we could even get to the point where our economy made the most millionaires. Yes, that was when we had a marginal tax rate.
    What do you mean by "tax the rich and corporations the same as everyone else,"

the last time I checked, they have higher brackets than people with lower incomes. So, do you really want to tax them the same?

- - - Updated - - -

Citation please. In any event, they still have to obey the principle of investor rights because they're a publicly traded company.
    Flint's democratically elected government was replaced by Snyder's emergency managers.
    PG&E is also a publicly traded company that obeyed the principle of investor rights. Their monopoly status is irrelevant. PG&E was a monopoly when the GOP controlled California. Hell, its probably their fault they're a monopoly.

When the Dems act as a bad as the GOP always do, I will blame them. Till then shut the fuck up.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_..._Power_Company

So... 54% is over half, right?

Man, you will do anything to defend incompetent ad lackluster government.

You haven’t been paying attention to how it works then. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/04/amaz...ince-2016.html

Yeah, paying 1.2% is totally more than you or I pay.
    Nope, I pay way more than that. But, as a whole, what are the percentages? Do the wealthy and corporations truly not pay the same as everyone else?

https://taxfoundation.org/summary-of...ta-2020-update
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-04-14 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clinton did sign the budget, and the budget was GOP drawn, and passed by mostly GOP votes.
    Clinton did not sign a budget that stalled in April, in December... WTF? Only 1 democrat voted against Clinton’s budget in December. Your desperate need to credit GOP and self affirming Google searches, are noted.

You have the voting records right there...
    Indeed:

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=2&vote=00298

1 democrat voted against it... Leahy now defines the Democratic Party opposing it? Or is this where you dig your heels in, and pretend Democrats voting against Kasich bill, that stalled in the house in April, is the real Clinton budget signed in December.

Search for the budget, not the budget Democrats voted against. That’s a biased search that leads to linking 2002 budget, then a budget that never passed. While being presented with the actual one, at the start. That’s arguing with you, in a nutshell.

Edit: Fucking wasted my morning shit on something that should have ended with the first post... yelling at a wall is more productive.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-14 at 02:02 PM.