Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Maybe? We had the entire pre-patch focused on Northrend though. 9.2 being all about Northrend will be off. I think 9.2 will be a mix of things, such as the Gardens of Life, the Jailer invading Reality, etc.

Also note that, for some reason, all of the regular Human buildings are being redone in HD. And you don't see those regular ass buildings in Northrend, I don't think.
    Prepatch is gone I believe, for a lot of players seeing an updated "Wrath 2.0" would bring them in more than the prepatch did.

Unsure about the no regular housing in Northrend and I'm gonna log on to go check. If no, then they may just replace the specialized buildings with regular human ones to save on resources (because those regular buildings will definitely be used in EK).

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    A lot of old Elwynn Forest buildings have been updated to HD, like the Human Inns. I don't think they applied them to the old world yet, but they are in the files.

https://twitter.com/Marlamin/status/1382149627575685120
    *heavy breathing* Don't say it, don't say it don't say it...

GNNNNNN. WORLD REVAAAAAAaaaaaaaaamp...

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    There were definitely hints that made it clear if you looked at all of them and thought about it for a bit, but it was hardly an obvious spelled out twist, it did require some degree of piecing the clues together.

On a more general note though this is why twists generally are difficult to pull off in stories with large fanbases like this. Someone is eventually going to stumble upon the correct outcome, and once it gains traction it will just become increasingly obvious once more hints are added.

The important part is whether the twist works in context, and whether it is a twist in-story, which I would say it is. Necrolord players should probably have pieced it together earlier in-story, but given the limitations of 4 distinct stories it works well enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Let us not forget the lesson of GoT season 8. Just because you didn't anticipate it doesn't make it a good twist.

If all you want is shock value then you could have made the Primus Zovaal from the future, or something equally absurd.
    Didn't one of the main writers like GoT S8 tho? Makes sense that a lot of the current writing is wack asf then.

Even so, I still like the Jailer a lot. Ik people will disagree with me, but...

HE LEGIT IS THE ONLY ONE THAT IS GOING ALL IN! AND THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST PATCH!!!! THIS MF BOUTTA FINISH 99% OF THE CLIMAX STEP OF HIS PLAN IN 9.1!!!!

Meanwhile, SARGERAS ALMOST GOT HIS CLIMAX STEP DONE IN 7.3!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    "oh no! super blacksmith mans missing!" plus "who is mysterious super blacksmith mans?" is so obvious I was hoping for Blizzard's sake they had a twist going.
    Also doesn't help that the Primus held lots of Knowledge and crafted the most powerful weapons and armor in the realms of Death, and arguably all of existence. And guess who just so happened to have wanted the best runeforged weapons, mechanisms, armor, and troops...

Also, Maldraxxus music was legit playing when the Jailer was torturing the Runecarver. Doesn't help that the Scourge was made from the INFLUENCE OF MALDRAXXUS!

Totally off-topic but does anyone know what happened to the comments section on Wowhead? There are no comments anymore under the news, and it's the same for older articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Prepatch is gone I believe, for a lot of players seeing an updated "Wrath 2.0" would bring them in more than the prepatch did.

Unsure about the no regular housing in Northrend and I'm gonna log on to go check. If no, then they may just replace the specialized buildings with regular human ones to save on resources (because those regular buildings will definitely be used in EK).
    That would make for a shitty Northrend revamp, if they replaced that stuff with regular buildings. Also, I've been in Northrend a lot, and most of the buildings were either new specifically for Wrath, or were colored different from what is shown at GS, or even here in the HD models.

And yeah, pre-patch is gone, but it still happened, ya know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Totally off-topic but does anyone know what happened to the comments section on Wowhead? There are no comments anymore under the news, and it's the same for older articles.
    Really? I still see them just fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of old Elwynn Forest buildings have been updated to HD, like the Human Inns. I don't think they applied them to the old world yet, but they are in the files.

https://twitter.com/Marlamin/status/1382149627575685120
    Is it weird to say that i kind of prefer the current Polygon inn more?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    That would make for a shitty Northrend revamp, if they replaced that stuff with regular buildings. Also, I've been in Northrend a lot, and most of the buildings were either new specifically for Wrath, or were colored different from what is shown at GS, or even here in the HD models.

And yeah, pre-patch is gone, but it still happened, ya know?

- - - Updated - - -

Really? I still see them just fine.
    Google Chrome issue apparently, I can see them on Firefox now!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Is it weird to say that i kind of prefer the current Polygon inn more?
    This one feels a bit unfinished on the inside to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Google Chrome issue apparently, I can see them on Firefox now!

This one feels a bit unfinished on the inside to be honest.
    Well, obviously it does lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, gotcha. I am on Chrome though lol. That's weird then.

7+ Year Old Account
    There were definitely hints that made it clear if you looked at all of them and thought about it for a bit, but it was hardly an obvious spelled out twist, it did require some degree of piecing the clues together.
    Man, it was SUPER obvious. Primus is missing after going alone against Jailer and then we meet this amnesiac dude imprisoned in Torghast that looks just like him who is a master rune craftsman, just like him. Stevie Wonder could see that.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-04-14 at 06:42 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    "oh no! super blacksmith mans missing!" plus "who is mysterious super blacksmith mans?" is so obvious I was hoping for Blizzard's sake they had a twist going.
    Given that plenty of people, including Lore forum regulars, apparently missed the memo that the Primus was Maldraxxus foremost runesmith... the level of twist seems appropriate to the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Man, it was SUPER obvious. Primus is missing after going alone against Jailer and then we meet this amnesiac dude imprisoned in Torghast that looks just like him who is a master rune craftsman, just like him. Stevie Wonder could see that.
    They looked kinda similar. But again, that is only something a Necrolord player would notice.

The twist wasnt that shocking, but it wasnt completely obvious, there was a level of obfuscation on it, no matter how obvious the twist is in hindsight.

- - - Updated - - -

Also when I say that the twist was not immediately obvious I mean to someone who just plays the game and doesnt engage in much discussion regarding the issue.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    They looked kinda similar. But again, that is only something a Necrolord player would notice.

The twist wasnt that shocking, but it wasnt completely obvious, there was a level of obfuscation on it, no matter how obvious the twist is in hindsight.

- - - Updated - - -

Also when I say that the twist was not immediately obvious I mean to someone who just plays the game and doesnt engage in much discussion regarding the issue.
    When you just play the game you notice all the things I mentioned. You don't have to go to a forum to see that a rune smith went missing and then an amnesiac rune smith was found. This is a basic following of the game story. And you don't have to be Necrolord to see it while you level in Maldraxxus.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2021-04-14 at 07:42 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

- - - Updated - - -

99% of all people called this "twist" immediatly.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Mal'Ganis

Pardon my doubt, but was this a real snapshot you took during a stream/your own datamining?

This thing makes my photoshop senses tingle, and I haven't found anything to back it up from WoWhead.

Nice work if it is just a mock-up using the new models.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

On another note, as this theory comes up here time and time again: I still don’t understand why the Jailer would need Galakrond. I mean sure, he was the uber proto dragon, but the other proto dragons were able to kill him with the help of Tyr. I mean they killed him by shoving a boulder down his throat, lol.

So why would an entity like the Jailer, who is supposedly stronger than anyone else besides maybe Sargeras (lol @ that Blizzard), need an undead giga dragon to destroy / reign over Azeroth? I mean the idea is nice and it sounds kinda cool, but pretty much like an a**pull as well.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    On another note, as this theory comes up here time and time again: I still don’t understand why the Jailer would need Galakrond. I mean sure, he was the uber proto dragon, but the other proto dragons were able to kill him with the help of Tyr. I mean they killed him by shoving a boulder down his throat, lol.

So why would an entity like the Jailer, who is supposedly stronger than anyone else besides maybe Sargeras (lol @ that Blizzard), need an undead giga dragon to destroy / reign over Azeroth? I mean the idea is nice and it sounds kinda cool, but pretty much like an a**pull as well.
    I mean he needed Sylvanas and Anduin. He doesn't need Galakrond because he's stronger than the Jailer, he might need him for something more nuanced. Like a flight of undead dragons or something.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

The best reason I can come up with is one that keeps in mind that we still don't really know why Galakrond went insane to begin with, this being a possible link to the Jailer if we also keep in mind that some of Galakronds powers was to make zombie dragons.

However it is definitely flimsy. It would make a cool setpiece if the expansion involved Northrend more, but I cannot see the Jailer going to Azeroth to ressurect Galakrond of all things. I would find it far more likely he would then use his power to ressurect powerful beings in general to spread havoc.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Pardon my doubt, but was this a real snapshot you took during a stream/your own datamining?

This thing makes my photoshop senses tingle, and I haven't found anything to back it up from WoWhead.

Nice work if it is just a mock-up using the new models.
    Here it is in the wow.tools modelviewer:

https://wow.tools/mv/?buildconfig=5c...743312&type=m2

Select skin 3743441

It is worth noting this is a very customizable model with many different variations, the modelviewer shows all variations at the same time so there's some clipping going on, but its official. I think they might have even modified his older apperances to this one too, but have yet to verify that.

Surprised to see Wowhead not posting more articles, like dialogues between characters and what-not, are they not datamine-able?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Here it is in the wow.tools modelviewer:

https://wow.tools/mv/?buildconfig=5c...743312&type=m2

Select skin 3743441

It is worth noting this is a very customizable model with many different variations, the modelviewer shows all variations at the same time so there's some clipping going on, but its official. I think they might have even modified his older apperances to this one too, but have yet to verify that.
    Thank you very much! awesome stuff
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!