Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account

Anima Increase Hotfix is Bad for World Content Players - By the Numbers

The new hotfix that increases Word Quest anima rewards is not very helpful for me. I also don't think it is helpful for a lot of other folks who are World Content only players. Here are some anima costs for things as a Venthyr player.

1. Covenant Armor upgrades to Item Level 197 - 7,250 anima for all 9 pieces. Some start at level 1 and 1 item starts at level 6. The sum takes into account the varying item levels on acceptance. 7,250 anima

2. Covenant Items for Purchase: Mounts, Pets, Hearthstone, Transmog (No Legendary items) - 57,750 anima

3. Total Cost to Upgrade All Armor to 197 and purchase All Covenant Vanity Items, Pets, and Mounts - 65,000 anima
    Now this is for a World Content player the armor he is going to use (minus a drop from a world boss or lucky Calling reward). It is higher than LFR which would be the only raiding we might do and is fine. This is also all the mounts, pets, and transmog from our covenant so we have not much else to buy from our covenant at this point (before any 9.1 changes) Basically we are done... no more power increase....no more vanity items. Done....65,000 anima

Now on to the Anima Increase!

1. Cost to level all Venthyr covenant sanctum upgrades to Rank 3 - 64,000 anima At this point we would now be getting 3 extra anima "tokens" at 35 anima per token for an increase per World Quest of 105 extra anima. 64,000 anima to start earning our Rank 3 increase.

2. How many World Quests to Break Even before we dig our selves out of the hole we just spent? 64,000 anima/ 105 anima per quest = 610 World Quests just to recover what you spent. After you do 610 world quests at the New Rank 3 , you will start seeing yourself on the positive side of the ledger ..... having just paid off your 64,000 anima expenditure. 610 World Quests to dig yourself out of the hole.

I can spend 65,000 anima and have EVERYTHING from my covenant OR I can spend 64,000 anima, (have gear that will still have to be upgraded for another 7250) and after that spend another 65,000 anima to buy everything from my covenant. Roughly spend 129,000 anima to get it all or just spend 65,000 anima and get it all. Now try this on multiple alts.....LOL. Blizzard didn't do World Content players any favors.

From my understanding this is tied to an account-wide achievement, so unlocking the tiers on one character will increase anima rewards on alts.

But I might well be wrong.

Correction OP - it isn't bad for anyone, more of X is at worst neutral for everyone.

What you mean to say is that the changes are not good for some people.

Hope that helps with your error.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Anima increase achievement is not account-wide

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    From my understanding this is tied to an account-wide achievement, so unlocking the tiers on one character will increase anima rewards on alts.

But I might well be wrong.
    It's not account wide. You have to earn the achievement on each character you want the bonus increased.

Making it account wide would make too much sense, hence why it isn't

I think the whole idea behind the boost is to make it more feasible for people to upgrade their sanctum.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We don’t want players to feel as though spending 10,000 Anima on a feature upgrade is ever the wrong thing to do.
    And this is exactly what it does, I have been upgrading my sanctum and now I'm basically getting 2-3 times anima from world quests.

If you just want to buy cosmetics then you are better of not upgrading the sanctum which is pretty obvious since they dont offer much.

I'm with you that I expected a lot more, scaling to where anima would be trivial to farm by the end of the expansion and we'd need new things to dump it on. I can't see myself maxing all of the covenant upgrades by the end of the expansion even with this small buff, let alone any of the covenant armor recolors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I think the whole idea behind the boost is to make it more feasible for people to upgrade their sanctum.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We don’t want players to feel as though spending 10,000 Anima on a feature upgrade is ever the wrong thing to do.
    And this is exactly what it does, I have been upgrading my sanctum and now I'm basically getting 2-3 times anima from world quests.

If you just want to buy cosmetics then you are better of not upgrading the sanctum which is pretty obvious since they dont offer much.
    This is the correct take.

I think this really falls back on Blizzard for making Sanctum upgrades kind of pointless in the first place. I understand why they did it like this (because they do not want player power associated with it) but it's not exactly transparent. And because it's not transparent, players are mocking Blizzard for bothering to change it in the first place despite, you know, not really understanding or caring why the change was implemented to begin with. After all, it doesn't matter why Blizzard does things so long as the universal constant that they did it because fuck you is maintained.

It really sucks that it isn't account-wide.

Other than that, it's definitely an improvement. It isn't enough to get me to grind anima, certainly, but it's better than nothing.

Your mistake is to assume you should upgrade everything to rank 3:
    Just think about this:
    If you just have all of your sanctum buildings on lvl 1 (which, honestly every World Content player should have), you'll get 35 anima more from all sources, basically for free (because again, every player should have the buildings on level 1). Thats 4000 anima invested to get 35 more on each quest, meaning it pays for itself after 120 quests or so, which should take about one or two weeks for a World content player. Of course, upgrading to rank 3 is not worth the investment, but having only rank 1 is a strict improvement.
    And after that it's not worth to upgrade the sanctum with anima gain in mind. But it still is a bonus for those who have upgraded either way.
    So it's strictly a bonus. Just don't upgrade your sanctum if you would not do it otherwise.

Yes, that's a very fair way to look at it. Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This is the correct take.

I think this really falls back on Blizzard for making Sanctum upgrades kind of pointless in the first place. I understand why they did it like this (because they do not want player power associated with it) but it's not exactly transparent. And because it's not transparent, players are mocking Blizzard for bothering to change it in the first place despite, you know, not really understanding or caring why the change was implemented to begin with. After all, it doesn't matter why Blizzard does things so long as the universal constant that they did it because fuck you is maintained.
    I still laugh everytime I see the effect of the adventure table upgrades. Like who would ever upgrade that? Those effects are incredibly useless.

The other ones are at least somewhat useful:
    Animaconducter gives you acces to more curency and unlocks the ability to buy missing legendary abilities.
    Travel network is obvious (but becomes superfluos when flying unlocks)
    And covenant minigame gives you cosmetics.

But the mission table upgrade effects are soo minor, it's wasted anima.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-04-14 at 05:46 PM.

The problem with this OP is that if you're a world content player, you are also interested in maxing out your covenant's features, or perhaps even more so than getting the mogs etc. Why wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I still laugh everytime I see the effect of the adventure table upgrades. Like who would ever upgrade that? Those effects are incredibly useless.

The other ones are at least somewhat useful:
    Animaconducter gives you acces to more curency and unlocks the ability to buy missing legendary abilities.
    Travel network is obvious (but becomes superfluos when flying unlocks)
    And covenant minigame gives you cosmetics.

But the mission table upgrade effects are soo minor, it's wasted anima.
    Uhh, no, not really. Table upgrades aren't spectacular but they still decrease mission times by quite a lot. If you plan on going for all the mounts, 60 level followers, and all maw missions eventually, it's massive help.

Anima conductor is obligatory for people who want collectibles due to offerings. It also gives a lot of extra anima.

Travel network is much more than just travel network. I know for sure that at least 2 covenants have a lot of gameplay and cosmetics tied to it, probably all 4 of them.

Minigame are standalone, but arguably the most fun covenant content, of course you're gonna get it if you're into that.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    I can spend 65,000 anima and have EVERYTHING from my covenant OR I can spend 64,000 anima, (have gear that will still have to be upgraded for another 7250) and after that spend another 65,000 anima to buy everything from my covenant. Roughly spend 129,000 anima to get it all or just spend 65,000 anima and get it all. Now try this on multiple alts.....LOL. Blizzard didn't do World Content players any favors.
    Then just do that? The goal here isn't to help you get all cosmetics faster. It's to make the cost of upgrading your sanctum less of a concern if you're interested in doing so. The only way you dig yourself into this hole in the first place is if you buy stuff you don't want to begin with, which is solely on you.

Besides, 610 world quests isn't actually that much. And it affects most other sources of Anima as well, not just WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    The new hotfix that increases Word Quest anima rewards is not very helpful for me. I also don't think it is helpful for a lot of other folks who are World Content only players. Here are some anima costs for things as a Venthyr player.

1. Covenant Armor upgrades to Item Level 197 - 7,250 anima for all 9 pieces. Some start at level 1 and 1 item starts at level 6. The sum takes into account the varying item levels on acceptance. 7,250 anima

2. Covenant Items for Purchase: Mounts, Pets, Hearthstone, Transmog (No Legendary items) - 57,750 anima

3. Total Cost to Upgrade All Armor to 197 and purchase All Covenant Vanity Items, Pets, and Mounts - 65,000 anima
    Now this is for a World Content player the armor he is going to use (minus a drop from a world boss or lucky Calling reward). It is higher than LFR which would be the only raiding we might do and is fine. This is also all the mounts, pets, and transmog from our covenant so we have not much else to buy from our covenant at this point (before any 9.1 changes) Basically we are done... no more power increase....no more vanity items. Done....65,000 anima

Now on to the Anima Increase!

1. Cost to level all Venthyr covenant sanctum upgrades to Rank 3 - 64,000 anima At this point we would now be getting 3 extra anima "tokens" at 35 anima per token for an increase per World Quest of 105 extra anima. 64,000 anima to start earning our Rank 3 increase.

2. How many World Quests to Break Even before we dig our selves out of the hole we just spent? 64,000 anima/ 105 anima per quest = 610 World Quests just to recover what you spent. After you do 610 world quests at the New Rank 3 , you will start seeing yourself on the positive side of the ledger ..... having just paid off your 64,000 anima expenditure. 610 World Quests to dig yourself out of the hole.

If you are using up 64,000 anima for an update in the hopes of getting to 65.000 faster, the problem is you and not the system. Keep that 64,000 (assuming you do not want any of the sanctum upgrades and you are 1k away from all your mounts.

This looks to me like a bonus for those upgrading their sanctum and being able to do so a bit faster and not a thing with the goal to have everybody swimming in anima.

I think they want anima to be what artifact appearances where in legion. Its just rather then having a fun reward to work towards like artifact appearances people work for and covet to this day they instead have kinda meh armor and mounts (a reward suffering from being overly used ).

The system being so grindy isn't helping with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Uhh, no, not really. Table upgrades aren't spectacular but they still decrease mission times by quite a lot. If you plan on going for all the mounts, 60 level followers, and all maw missions eventually, it's massive help.
    That is assuming that those players play by the clock and let their companions run 24/7. Else the reduced mission time doesn't come into effect and the companions heal automatically. And while there certainly are players like that, I'd bet that 99% of players don't set timers to login when their missions end.

Travel network is much more than just travel network. I know for sure that at least 2 covenants have a lot of gameplay and cosmetics tied to it, probably all 4 of them.
    I've played Night fae, which had a little scenario to unlock it, but mainly Kyrian. Kyrians have nothing of the sorts, it's just a teleportation system. Also the 10-20 second movement speed buff it gives is buggy as hell.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-04-14 at 07:28 PM.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Then just do that? The goal here isn't to help you get all cosmetics faster. It's to make the cost of upgrading your sanctum less of a concern if you're interested in doing so. The only way you dig yourself into this hole in the first place is if you buy stuff you don't want to begin with, which is solely on you.

Besides, 610 world quests isn't actually that much. And it affects most other sources of Anima as well, not just WQs.
    Greetings! I have seen posts that state that the increase has not happened to any source except World Quests. Since I don't PvP or raid, I have no clue on these sources. 610 quests is sort of relative to a player. If you play 1 character, then you might be doing 10 anima only quests a day. If you have alts that you enjoy playing then that amount becomes additive. I have 1 toon that has a Tier 3 on Ardenweald sanctum upgrades. I have 3 other covenants that have 1 covenant upgrade....not Tier 1..... just 1 total. This "fix" is not helpful to any alt since doing all those quests x3 is not doable with a 3 hour daily time constraint. I correct myself... it is doable with many months of play time. Many months...... of the same quests.....over and over.....

I do agree with the poster who put forth that this is all just for vanity anyway. Agreed!! That is pretty much the bottom line on purpose. It isn't for power progression. It is for personal appearance and satisfaction. I just think that it was a bad and ineffective effort by Blizzard who felt that not many players were investing in their Sanctum Upgrades and this was a carrot in front of the donkey. They can't come up with anything original for World Content players to do until the Savior Patch 9.1 so they threw this as a bone to us. When in doubt, increase the participation in something that is already in place and requires no development effort.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    world content only players dont matter. its literally as simple as that. You play 1% of the game no one gives a shit about what is good or bad for you.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    I think they want anima to be what artifact appearances where in legion. Its just rather then having a fun reward to work towards like artifact appearances people work for and covet to this day they instead have kinda meh armor and mounts (a reward suffering from being overly used ).

The system being so grindy isn't helping with that.
    I agree with your thoughts! I hadn't thought of it this way, but it seems to fit. I also agree with mounts being over used. Blizzard has figured out that mounts sell well on the store and tend to increase participation in whatever is required to get them..... even if it just a recolored wolf or horse .... or a bird that can't fly. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    world content only players dont matter. its literally as simple as that. You play 1% of the game no one gives a shit about what is good or bad for you.
    And yet my subscriptions pay the company the same amount as you. Canceled subscriptions don't have flags on them like 99% Content Player or 1% Worthless Content Player. They just decrease or increase Blizzard's bottom line. LOL