Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I have an even better question. If the Jailer empowered Sylvannas who was just a better than average archer that much to be able to kill anything then how much more powerful Anduin is who was already a powerhouse before meeting the Jailer? I mean we did see him bringing down an Eternal One with one strike and killing his whole court singlehandedly.
    Yes, and that's why the Jailer is dumb. If he actually went after someone who was already stronger on their own, he would've had a much more formidable servant than Sylvanas. Like Thrall, or Jaina, or Malfurion, or Tyrande, all these people who already had incredible destructive capabilities. Not Sylvanas, who is just some random archer.

But oh well, I guess only Sylvanas could be dumb enough to get manipulated by Satan. So maybe it's not all that surprising.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I like the Jailer tho.
    Why, he is just some bald grey dude that has generic lines and does fuckall. Only the brainlets at Blizzard HQ can think they made something interesting by creating him.

5+ Year Old Account
    If Sylvanas will destroy forest kingdom as she did with Darnassus then I will be farming her and her new boyfriend endlessly. There will no mercy. This I vow as I'm so tired of her lame schemes! I can see she is collecting sigils to maybe get back to Azeroth and then if she reaches any of the Titan Keepers, then I will provide no soap. I've had enough of her and I am so ready to strike!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why, he is just some bald grey dude that has generic lines and does fuckall. Only the brainlets at Blizzard HQ can think they made something interesting by creating him.

"does fuck all"

Dude's doing more this patch than Sargeras did all of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    If Sylvanas will destroy forest kingdom as she did with Darnassus then I will be farming her and her new boyfriend endlessly. There will no mercy. This I vow as I'm so tired of her lame schemes! I can see she is collecting sigils to maybe get back to Azeroth and then if she reaches any of the Titan Keepers, then I will provide no soap. I've had enough of her and I am so ready to strike!
    You will do no such thing as long as Danuser has a say.

YESSIR! FINALLY SOMEONE WITH CLASS!!!!! Fuck Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    ...I guess it makes sense that immediately following MoP 2.0 would be WoD 2.0. Maybe they'll remember after Light vs. Void aka Legion 2.0 to actually move forward.

The inevitable next step in the equivalency is a bound Sylvanas, tortured for failure, being released to declare that the Shadowlands are free.

Alternatively the only deviation from almost the same damn beats would be "You thought I'd be another Garrosh, but it was I, Gul'dan!"
    It's like pottery, it rhymes.

I don't enjoy things in Shadowlands the way I loved the individual clan lore, but then I don't also viscerally hate parts of it like having to kill all the old orc characters on behalf of Khadgar on the back of the Horde's first vasectomy. But WoD Garrosh stands head and shoulders over the last two expansions worth of Sylvanas purely by being his own man and having an ending that suited his character. I can't say the same about Sylvanas.

Shadowlands has another leg up over WoD in that its two patches will actually carry the plot along instead of just skipping straight to the end, but it also has major downsides - things like fucking around with the autonomy of characters like Arthas and Ner'zhul, Sylvanas being an agent of the Blue Man and the continuining shoehorning of Jaina and Thrall into plotlines where they don't belong and have nothing to do. This without mentioning how it fucks up all prior afterlife lore and demistyfies death which is irreparable. The best parts about it have nothing to do with the extant cast, which is slightly worse than WoD where the extant cast don't exist except for Khadgar who I've always liked.

As for Sylvanas, jury's out on if she gets Gul'dan'd or not. Her current plotline is headache inducing and I can't even decide if I dislike it more or less than BFA. I will say though that Shadowlands is vastly more internally coherent and actually tells a continuing story unlike BFA so on a raw technical level it's better.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-04-14 at 07:19 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

"does fuck all"

Characters being competent because the writing warps for it to be so doesn't make them inherently good, especially when their goals and motivations for them are so nebulous that it's impossible to give a fuck and they have the charisma of a ham sandwich.

By the logic of simply accomplishing things somehow making characters compelling or well written, a red, cigar chomping Satan with a pitchfork and a maniacal laugh managing to destroy Azeroth would inexplicably make them on par with Walter White and Med'an would be a modern fucking Atticus Finch.

Actually, said red devil would still be more entertaining than Zovaal.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2021-04-14 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The Ardenweald Assault is the first series of quest that leads you to Korthia/The Maw. The Winter Queen's sigil is inside of the Heart of the Forest. Sylvanas leads the assault but is thwarted by Tyrande who almost dies. The sigil has been taken. The Primus and Revendreth's sigil remain.

Sylvanas is after the Heart of the Forest and the Mawsworn have taken -all- of the wildseeds.

Tyrande and Sylvanas also fight.
    I knew Tyrande would appear in this patch.
    The questions remain, would she be in Korthia and would this place expand on the Night Warrior and Elune?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "does fuck all"

Ouch, but so true.

"does fuck all"

Guess Sargeras was busy conquering, destroying and enslaving countless planets while the Jailer was playing in the Maw. Like seriously, the Jailer is a clown compared to Sargeras. The one thing he did was creating the Lich King, but even with that he failed.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Guess Sargeras was busy conquering, destroying and enslaving countless planets while the Jailer was playing in the Maw. Like seriously, the Jailer is a clown compared to Sargeras. The one thing he did was creating the Lich King, but even with that he failed.
    Sargeras wanted to create a Fel Pantheon, destroy Reality, and recreate it in his image. He failed at that and only JUST got to Azeroth in 7.3. Meanwhile, the Jailer's been scheming and shit, and his ONLY failure was the LK, and that's it. The guy literally ends up potentially ruling over the Realms of Death by the end of 9.1, which is more than anything Sargeras could ever do.

Sargeras wanted to create a Fel Pantheon, destroy Reality, and recreate it in his image. He failed at that and only JUST got to Azeroth in 7.3. Meanwhile, the Jailer's been scheming and shit, and his ONLY failure was the LK, and that's it. The guy literally ends up potentially ruling over the Realms of Death by the end of 9.1, which is more than anything Sargeras could ever do.
    Stop fanboying for the Jailer and get real, please. Honestly. Do you know anything of Sargeras influence on the entire universe? Heck, Gul‘dan caused more havoc than the Jailer yet.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yep, I said that in the 9.x Speculation Thread. We also have evidence that the Jailer is preparing for an assault on Oribos itself (the sky around Oribos is literally twisted by the Maw energy), and we know from Primus that Jailer's endgame is the Arbiter (whom he referred to as "the final key").
    She has the final sigil he needs. Hence, final key.

As of 9.1, he's obtained Denathrius's, Kyrestia's, Winter Queen's, and Primus's.

GUYS! MASSIVE SPOILERS!

https://imgur.com/gallery/FfqGR7P So, the Seat of the Arbiter is apparently located far away from Oribos. And while you battle Sylvanas at the Seat of the Arbiter, you can see Oribos shrouded by the Maw itself. It's likely the Jailer is also going to be at the Seat of the Arbiter, trying to claim her sigil and claim the Realms of Death once and for all. He'll likely succeed in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop fanboying for the Jailer and get real, please. Honestly. Do you know anything of Sargeras influence on the entire universe? Heck, Gul‘dan caused more havoc than the Jailer yet.
    Gul'dan only caused a Fel portal from Azeroth. Also, yes, I do know the influence Sargeras caused. Still not as big as Zovaal's.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, did you forget just how big the Shadowlands is? Do you not realize just how important Zovaal's current objective is? Or?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    She has the final sigil he needs. Hence, final key.

As of 9.1, he's obtained Denathrius's, Kyrestia's, Winter Queen's, and Primus's.
    Literally likely going to claim the Arbiter's key by the end of the Patch, ngl.

Realistically Gul'dan caused havoc on maybe 2 planets..which in a universal scale is nothing
    fuck Azeroth is basically Tiny town in the Midwest to the folks in the Shadowlands don't know or care. We just well SAW it.

Not a fanboy of the Jailer.

But he had Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination crafted and orchestrated the creation of the Lich King.

The Jailer just sucks cuz hè had no build up. Just a ton of things hè, apperently, did. And that's why hè is a horrible villian..
    On Sylvanas, she is destroyed. Blizz made the most interessting character a puppet. From trying to be good, while dead and traumatized, she Just wnet ballistic apeshiit...because? Something about her dead, but yeaa...its dogshiit.

Hate to break the news, but she doesn't die. She's getting a redemptive story arc, in a future expansion.

I mean, did you forget just how big the Shadowlands is? Do you not realize just how important Zovaal's current objective is? Or?
    In all fairness, it's pretty easy to forget how big the shadowlands are reputed to be, with what preciously little we see of it.

We see four disjointed zones, with some lip service to how vast the rest supposedly is, that doesn't really leave a lasting impression, IMO.