Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...any game developer working on a Vita title, even as a port, in the year 2020 is already making a massively stupid business decision. Haven't watched and if what you write is true that's shitty on Sony but like...dudes...the handheld has been fucking dead for ages, especially in the west. Easily alternatively explainable by Sony internally being a shitshow right now, which they kinda sorta are on many fronts.

Like, the last Vita game I launched was...4 years ago I think? And we and our client at the time were joking about how much of a waste it was because the platform was beyond fucking dead.
    The thing is indies still sold really well on there because of the dedicated player base. Hell the most recent vita announcement PlayStation themselves has shown was a game almost a month ago and that was right before the announcement.

A small TLDR about the video is in short all we have been getting from PlayStation for awhile now is bad news. Studio close down, PS3 and Vita stores closing down, Days Gone 2 not happening even tho it sold really well... ect

They need to speak to the fanbase and actually give some positive news. We know Returnal is coming and so is Ratchet and Clank but everything else is a big..???

I do recommend checking out the video because he words it better than I can. But personally all around I don't like what PlayStation is doing and how they are treating dev's and consumers alike. If all they want is big blockbuster hits like TLOU2 then what will happen in-between.

Just give us some details to the future of PS5 and PlayStation itself, Outside of a few quick videos just showing a title like God of War.

Sidenote: Next gen honestly should have been delayed to this holiday at least.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2021-04-14 at 08:41 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The thing is indies still sold really well on there because of the dedicated player base. Hell the most recent vita announcement PlayStation themselves has shown was a game almost a month ago and that was right before the announcement.
    Also on PS4. Again, we can critique Sony for not giving devs an earlier heads up, that's fair. But the Vita was always a pretty awful platform, even for smaller indies, with plenty of other platforms being far better in terms of audience/reach and ease of development.

A small TLDR about the video is in short all we have been getting from PlayStation for awhile now is bad news. Studio close down, PS3 and Vita stores closing down, Days Gone 2 not happening even tho it sold really well... ect
    Selling well isn't always the bar for companies like Sony, they like critical acclaim as well which Days Gone very much didn't have. There's no confirmation the sequel is fully canned even, nor any reason why Sony would inherently green-light whatever direction they wanted for a sequel.

They need to speak to the fanbase and actually give some positive news. We know Returnal is coming and so is Ratchet and Clank but everything else is a big..???
    They do? Why? Hardware and software sales seem to be moving along nicely. It's a tiny hyperminority complaining about stuff like the PS3 store being pulled down. I'm not a big fan of it, but it very much falls under the, "Very few people give a fuck" category.

I do recommend checking out the video because he words it better than I can. But personally all around I don't like what PlayStation is doing and how they are treating dev's and consumers alike. If all they want is big blockbuster hits like TLOU2 then what will happen in-between.
    Confusing internal with external. Internal strategies may be to push bigger blockbuster games, but they can't control external, and don't. Hence why we're still seeing plenty of smaller scale and AA third party games on Sony platforms.

And again, I'll point out that developing a game for the western Vita market in the year 2020 is a big 'ol dumb business idea.

Just give us some details to the future of PS5 and PlayStation itself, Outside of a few quick videos just showing a title like God of War.
    What haven't they shown? They're not gonna lay out their business plan for the next decade, publicly.

Sidenote: Next gen honestly should have been delayed to this holiday at least.
    Yeah...that wouldn't have absolutely hurt the respective consoles, plus hundreds of developers/publishers that were all working towards that launch date last year.

While I don't agree with Colin on a lot of things he hit the nail on the head in this video.
    The future is grim lmao. The only thing he hit the head of was trying to take the low hanging fruit on the clickbait material of the week. You agreeing with him with your history of doomposting says it all.

Days Gone sequel pitch was as a coop quasi mmo experiance. It's no secret why Sony denied it, bend is in no position to try to jump to something that ambitious and would more then likely just make an even more generic version of the division if they tried. Bend is now working on a new AAA IP, and that has far more potential for the record.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah...that wouldn't have absolutely hurt the respective consoles, plus hundreds of developers/publishers that were all working towards that launch date last year.
    The funny thing about this argument is the PS5 is actually getting more support then the PS4 did this early. There was absolutely no reason to delay it, what the hell was Sony going to do delay it, launch with like 10+ releases that all canibilize each other? Comical. This argument can be made for XSX I guess, but MS really didn't have a choice either if they wanted to compete so not really there either.

Look, all this industry stuff is very interesting, but only the games matter, right? I mean, at the end of they day, Microsoft wasn't a threat without Bethesda IP, and now they are. You aren't gonna win over gamers with coupons, but if you have the best games you will eventually compete and probably win. Make no mistake, something that is not a game isn't gonna move the needle much. I talk about Mattrick's quote all the time because it's fun, but really, do you think the Xbox would have failed that entire gen so bad if they had good games coming out? No, not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Look, all this industry stuff is very interesting, but only the games matter, right? I mean, at the end of they day, Microsoft wasn't a threat without Bethesda IP, and now they are. You aren't gonna win over gamers with coupons, but if you have the best games you will eventually compete and probably win. Make no mistake, something that is not a game isn't gonna move the needle much. I talk about Mattrick's quote all the time because it's fun, but really, do you think the Xbox would have failed that entire gen so bad if they had good games coming out? No, not likely.
    TV,TV CAWADOODY is a pendulum that swings one way or the other each gen it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    TV,TV CAWADOODY is a pendulum that swings one way or the other each gen it seems.
    lol so true. I still remember back in the day when the Internet was just firing up for stuff like this, and the Gamecube days, oh wow. There was SO MUCH HATE AND BACKLASH over Wind Waker it made Pandaria look like WotLK. Just so much hate for the other console on both sides. I just wasn't aware of it during the N64 and PS1 days. Wind Waker ended up being one of the best Zelda/any games ever, imo.

I actually kinda like no one getting and keeping the crown. It really has worked out well for gamers, I'm just hoping this gamepass thing isn't the platforming locking juggernaut it's been shaping up to be. If one company rules them all, for gamers it will absolutely suck much worse than today.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-04-15 at 07:53 PM.

Not this gen. CoD stuck with Sony, and based on what info we're getting on hardware sales that's unlikely to change. Microsoft is still digging themselves out of the hole they found themselves in at the start of last-gen, with a disasterous rollout and pretty lackluster first party titles compared to what Sony was putting out throughout the whole generation. That's why they picked up so many studios (not just Bethesda).

lol so true. I still remember back in the day when the Internet was just firing up for stuff like this, and the Gamecube days, oh wow. There was SO MUCH HATE AND BACKLASH over Wind Waker it made Pandaria look like WotLK. Just so much hate for the other console on both sides. I just wasn't aware of it during the N64 and PS1 days. Wind Waker ended up being one of the best Zelda/any games ever, imo.

I actually kinda like no one getting and keeping the crown. It really has worked out well for gamers, I'm just hoping this gamepass thing isn't the platforming locking juggernaut it's been shaping up to be. If one company rules them all, for gamers it will absolutely suck much worse than today.
    Well Sony has the crown for every gen since they entered the home console market with the exception of one, and they lost that to the Wii, not the 360. Yes the PS3, and horribly as it started still out sold the 360 in the end. So not sure what the hell you mean with this whole crown passing thing lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    I spent 2600$ on a PS5 and a new tv and most games are crap. I knew that though, FPS or Diablo hack and slash (or "action RPG" as its called, rofl) are like 70% of the games.
    But I bought it all to play Hitman, As. Creed etc. so I'm ok.

I would however wish there were less shitty fps. Most people use a PC for that anyways since, yea.. proper mouse?

I can recommend A Way Out & It Takes Two as a nice co-op break from the FPS co-op btw.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I would however wish there were less shitty fps. Most people use a PC for that anyways since, yea.. proper mouse?
    No they don't. FPS's sell leaps and bounds better on console than PC, yes playing them with a mouse is better. But most do not give a shit about it and enjoy them with a controller. Personally I can't play a FPS with a Mouse & Keyboard at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

No they don't. FPS's sell leaps and bounds better on console than PC, yes playing them with a mouse is better. But most do not give a shit about it and enjoy them with a controller. Personally I can't play a FPS with a Mouse & Keyboard at all.
    FPS on a controller is its own thing. I actually also prefer that control scheme. Mouse and keyboard is fine, and meta, but when I'm laid back in a deeply relaxed state, I need to play New Vegas at the same time, lol.

It's kinda like Borderlands 3 on PS5. Absolute best implementation of dual sense I've found, with the adaptive triggers. However, it makes me much less accurate. I still keep it on, because it is just much funner that way.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sony should be VERY worried about losing future Bethesda games to Microsoft aside from what they are contractually obligated to release. If they think they are going to survive on EA, Ubisoft and Activision rehashes along with their own half baked excuses they call video games, they aren't going to last long. Not to mention the rampant censorship of games on their platform is absolutely ridiculous. And no doubt a lot of JRPG and VN devs will start making games for the Switch exclusively, since there's far more popularity for those genres on it, and less censorship.

Can't link it because twitter is shitting the bed right now but according to a couple of sites testing hardware the PS5 also has the "CMOS Bomb" that will render the console unable to play physical discs or digital games due to the strange form of anti piracy checkin sony opted to put in -apparently stemming from some "turn your trophys into SEN wallet cash" thing done in canada during the ps3 era that lead to hacking for psn funbux of all things that made them super paranoid combined with the 2011 hack making them super over the top trying to lock everything down- which basically means with disc rot taken into account the PS2 could actually have the longest viable lifespan of all the playstations long after the ps3,4 and 5 have all become bricks and the ps1 discs have started to suffer data loss from disc rot.

Which reaffirms that the PS2 is the unshakeable monolith all else crashes against.

Can't link it because twitter is shitting the bed right now but according to a couple of sites testing hardware the PS5 also has the "CMOS Bomb" that will render the console unable to play physical discs or digital games due to the strange form of anti piracy checkin sony opted to put in -apparently stemming from some "turn your trophys into SEN wallet cash" thing done in canada during the ps3 era that lead to hacking for psn funbux of all things that made them super paranoid combined with the 2011 hack making them super over the top trying to lock everything down- which basically means with disc rot taken into account the PS2 could actually have the longest viable lifespan of all the playstations long after the ps3,4 and 5 have all become bricks and the ps1 discs have started to suffer data loss from disc rot.

Which reaffirms that the PS2 is the unshakeable monolith all else crashes against.
    Can't find a single thing about this anywhere, where did you even see it?

And the pearl clutching over PS4's is considerably overstated, this may be an issue well down the line but like, about as much of an issue as taking down multiplayer servers for PS2 games nowadays is.

And the pearl clutching over PS4's is considerably overstated, this may be an issue well down the line but like, about as much of an issue as taking down multiplayer servers for PS2 games nowadays is.
    The same folks who discovered the ps4 one were talking about it but i'm not getting anything but an error right now on twitter trying to revisit it.

-there we go, not a shock the game preservationists cottoned on first. https://in.ign.com/playstation-5-pla...ery-death-sony
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2021-04-17 at 09:02 AM.

People thinking batteries being a ticking time bomb is exclusive to newer hardware are entirely clueless. A good portion of SNES, GBA, N64, GB and DS games all need batteries changed for preservation. The OG xbox needs it's battery removed or it will eventually blow up and destroy the motherboard. If you let a VMU battery die prepare to have your ears bleed when you turn on that dreamcast. Most of these comments about preservation are coming from people that don't actually do gaming preservation and it's actually comical to someone like me who does. Replacing a cmos battery is the least of anyone's worry with preservation as replacing or removing batteries is a common practice for gaming preservation.

15+ Year Old Account
    I might have miswrote that a bit. Yes FPSis huge on console but it thanks to aim assist features. It can still be competative for sure but it's still aim assist.
    So you are correct (I think), I had leagues in mind and e-sport overall.
    I know there are pad and mouse support for consoles but what I should have written was something along the lines of "PC is the goto platform for serious FPS-gaming", with that said I leave serious up to the individual user.

PC however always been the most suitable platform for FPS for anyone wanting to test themselves without aim assists etc to counter the inherent disadvantage of a console controler.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

https://twitter.com/MatPiscatella/st...42564756893703

But guys, keep on falling for the false narrative and thinking PS5 is doomed. It gives me great laughs. Que Jim Ryan laughing gif.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2021-04-18 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I might have miswrote that a bit. Yes FPSis huge on console but it thanks to aim assist features. It can still be competative for sure but it's still aim assist.
    So you are correct (I think), I had leagues in mind and e-sport overall.
    I know there are pad and mouse support for consoles but what I should have written was something along the lines of "PC is the goto platform for serious FPS-gaming", with that said I leave serious up to the individual user.

PC however always been the most suitable platform for FPS for anyone wanting to test themselves without aim assists etc to counter the inherent disadvantage of a console controler.
    You know its been a confirmed thing for like 15 years that most shooters, even on pc, hide tweaks on the backend to try and make the player feel more skilled than they are to aid retention so more people stick around to buy skins and lootboxes right?

hide tweaks on the backend to try and make the player feel more skilled than they are to aid retention so more people stick around to buy skins and lootboxes right?
    Gonna need a citation on this actually existing and being implemented in any games.