Page 88 of 122 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    They did make bad decisions, that's the point.
    In hindsight.

I'm not saying the city leaders should be drawn and quartered, but I'd be a fucking fool to think they don't bear at least some responsibility.
    Some, maybe. But the motivations behind the two decisions were wildly different, and treating them as if they're equal is kinda dishonest.

They did make bad decisions, that's the point. I'm not saying the city leaders should be drawn and quartered, but I'd be a fucking fool to think they don't bear at least some responsibility.
    what was the bad decision? trusting a republican? sure I guess. The water source change would of saved money and not caused this issue if the emergency manager at the direction of synder didn't cut every corner possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Water boiling isn't evidence of lead contamination or broader issues discovered later. See: Texas and their water boil order following the freeze there.
    It wasn't just lead contamination. GM noted high levels of chlorine before they voted to keep the water, as well.

There's also the issue of LD, which had originally started before the first boiling. Now, how much the city leaders knew about that, I do not know. But, they had to have known about the chlorine and the boilings.

- - - Updated - - -

In hindsight.

Some, maybe. But the motivations behind the two decisions were wildly different, and treating them as if they're equal is kinda dishonest.
    Who is saying they are equal? Saying that Snyder and his band of merry fuckwits don't deserve all the blame, is not saying they are equal. If one cannot recognize that at least some Democrats were incompetent, then this is nothing more than partisan ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    what was the bad decision? trusting a republican? sure I guess. The water source change would of saved money and not caused this issue if the emergency manager at the direction of synder didn't cut every corner possible.
    they voted to keep the water that they knew required two boilings the previous year, and that GM had stopped using, because of high levels of chlorine.

It wasn't just lead contamination. GM noted high levels of chlorine before they voted to keep the water, as well.

There's also the issue of LD, which had originally started before the first boiling. Now, how much the city leaders knew about that, I do not know. But, they had to have known about the chlorine and the boilings.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is saying they are equal? Saying that Snyder and his band of merry fuckwits don't deserve all the blame, is not saying they are equal. If one cannot recognize that at least some Democrats were incompetent, then this is nothing more than partisan ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

they voted to keep the water that they knew required two boilings the previous year, and that GM had stopped using, because of high levels of chlorine.
    which again a) was a symbolic vote, they had no real power due to the emergency manager law b) they were given actual criminal misinformation on the situation

your whole argument is "its your fault we lied to you" republican victim blaming

which again a) was a symbolic vote, they had no real power due to the emergency manager law b) they were given actual criminal misinformation on the situation

your whole argument is "its your fault we lied to you" republican victim blaming
    So, they symbolically decided they didn't want different water after two boilings and GM saying they wouldn't use the water due to chlorine levels?

is that really where you want to go?

So, they symbolically decided they didn't want different water after two boilings and GM saying they wouldn't use the water due to chlorine levels?

like how you convienlty forget they where presented criminal misinformation about how it wasn't the water source or anything related to it as the problem.

for like the 5th time this a key part of the current criminal case Snyder and co is facing, but yes blame dems for being lied to by the governor's office, in which he currently facing jail time over.

https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/201...use_flint.html

Yes, harmful for their uses, but well below the threshhold of what is considered dangerous for human consumption. The water boiling was due to concerns about certain bacteria (temporary, usually) which prompted the water boil warnings.

You're framing the problem extremely incorrectly. They reversed course after they discovered/confirmed lead contamination, nothing prior to that, in terms of actual data/information, shows any need to shut off the water due to systemic, rather than temporary, problems that prompted the water boil advisories.

There's also the issue of LD, which had originally started before the first boiling.
    Which was unknown at the time and only discovered well after the fact -

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ater/79183428/
    https://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/0,588...3401--,00.html

like how you convienlty forget they where presented criminal misinformation about how it wasn't the water source or anything related to it as the problem.

for like the 5th time this a key part of the current criminal case Snyder and co is facing, but yes blame dems for being lied to by the governor's office, in which he currently facing jail time over.
    You haven't actually provided that.

They were using the chlorine to treat the water because in addition to poison from metal, the Flint river had bacteria. Everyone knew the chlorine was there. It wasn't supposed to be a permanent solution. I will once again tell you that you are bending over super hard to make sure that the GOP aren't the only villains here.

https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/201...use_flint.html

Yes, harmful for their uses, but well below the threshhold of what is considered dangerous for human consumption. The water boiling was due to concerns about certain bacteria (temporary, usually) which prompted the water boil warnings.

You're framing the problem extremely incorrectly. They reversed course after they discovered/confirmed lead contamination, nothing prior to that, in terms of actual data/information, shows any need to shut off the water due to systemic, rather than temporary, problems that prompted the water boil advisories.

Which was unknown at the time and only discovered well after the fact -

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ater/79183428/
    https://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/0,588...3401--,00.html
    Which is why I even mentioned that I didn't know if they knew anything about it, and it's why I'm not using it as my argument.

You edited that part out of my comment.

As for the rest, they did know of issues, including GM.

Even months after they voted to change it, and Snyder's dickwad overruled them, their own mayor said it was safe. Surely he can't also be innocent, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    They were using the chlorine to treat the water because in addition to poison from metal, the Flint river had bacteria. Everyone knew the chlorine was there. It wasn't supposed to be a permanent solution. I will once again tell you that you are bending over super hard to make sure that the GOP aren't the only villains here.
    So, they treated the water, which means they knew it had issues.

Meanwhile, months later, Flint's own mayor tried to sell the lie that the water was safe.

goalpost shifting, to victim blaming and now the republican troll two step

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...nyder-charged/

perjury, misconduct of office, obstruction of justice, extortion are just some of the charges

so maybe should stop arguing about things you are ignorant about.

Even months after they voted to change it, and Snyder's dickwad overruled them, their own mayor said it was safe. Surely he can't also be innocent, right?
    how many fucking times, they were given false information by the gov's office on the matter. we back to "its your fault i lied to you"

goalpost shifting, to victim blaming and now the republican troll two step

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/a...nyder-charged/

perjury, misconduct of office, obstruction of justice, extortion are just some of the charges

so maybe should stop arguing about things you are ignorant about.
    Snyder is a fuckwad, I've never said otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, it’s privatized infrastructure. That thing you advocate for.
    It's a government-granted monopoly, and I have long been arguing government is the cause of the vast majority of monopolies... including this one.

Snyder is a fuckwad, I've never said otherwise.
    grats, so stop blaming flint for being lied to.

grats, so stop blaming flint for being lied to.
    They were lied to about water boilings and chlorine levels?

The mayor was lied to by the EPA, and had no idea the residents were complaining about health issues when he went on television to say that the water was safe?

That. Is. Not. Evidence. Of. Lead. Contamination.

The chlorine levels were still well within acceptable levels, elevated but far below what is deemed remotely harmful. The boiling had nothing to do with the chlorine, and while uncommon temporary water boil orders due to bacterial contamination of a water source is a thing.

The mayor was lied to by the EPA, and had no idea the residents were complaining about health issues when he went on television to say that the water was safe?
    YOU. JUST. GOT. THE. EXPLANATION. FOR. THIS.

I mean this isn't even funny any more. this brain dead stupid

That. Is. Not. Evidence. Of. Lead. Contamination.

The chlorine levels were still well within acceptable levels, elevated but far below what is deemed remotely harmful. The boiling had nothing to do with the chlorine, and while uncommon temporary water boil orders due to bacterial contamination of a water source is a thing.
    No, but it does show issues with the water. Lead wasn't the only problem.

Nah, he went on television and DRANK the water. Mind you, you are skipping years between events. And yes, Walling and the others were being lied to.

YOU. JUST. GOT. THE. EXPLANATION. FOR. THIS.

I mean this isn't even funny any more. this brain dead stupid
    Once again, this was literally MONTHS after the EPA detected lead levels. (the mayor part)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    Nah, he went on television and DRANK the water. Mind you, you are skipping years between events. And yes, Walling and the others were being lied to.
    The EPA was lying to Wailing?