I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Wooooaaaah, new thread!
    Not a hint of kpop in this thead

- - - Updated - - -

there were many players that disappeared

dupti_mercy_satsu_razamith_bfox_danner_Nefarious

that's why games feel empty at times
    Last edited by Clarinet; 2021-04-14 at 01:28 PM.

So, Foxxi and I were looking at some type of solution to the player problem. It isn’t likely new people from MMO-C will join us. We considered the idea of trying another game forum like WoW Off-Topic, but that forum is trash. FFXIV doesn’t have a forum for typical OT discussions so we’d have to venture into other games and I just wasn’t sure where to start.

I looked at other Mafia communities like Mafia Scum and they seem to be way too different in how we play (7-14 day long phases and such) and fluff posting not allowed whatsoever. However, I took a look at what Krayzy had mentioned with Mafia Universe.

They have a fully functional ModBot that can do some crazy shit, like run automatic games, send out rolecards, randomize, etc. Too many features to really go over, but it would help immensely with vote counts and such. They also work with other communities to play their games on their forums.

We would get our own “MMO-C Mafia” forum and utilize the technology to play our games how we want them. We could also invite members of the MU board to play in our games or make the games more of an open invite (though we would likely need to entice them to play). We could play some of their games as well.

They have an extremely active community and seem to be significantly less strict than Mafia Scum would be. One of their larger games recently was 66 people for a Legend of Zelda game full of minigames and shit. They also run light games (2x post per day minimum and 50 post maximum), turbo games (hour long at most phases), and the typical games we are used to. A lot of them focus on actual Mafia play, but they do have role madness ones too.

I spoke with one of the mods who would welcome us and set us up on the forum, but we wanted to know how many of you were actually interested in playing on another forum to try and get players. We will have our own area to do our own games, but could play other games and meet new people to come play ours in our forum section.

If we agree to do it, we would effectively be migrating to another forum. We could keep the discussion post updated here, if we really wanted to, but it would link to the other forum in our specific subforum for MMO-C. We would obviously still use our discord for outside of game communications and can make a sticky in the other forum with a new discussion post. It would be our own “private” area, but allowing access to their players (as long as we play nice) and their technology.

Let me know what you think and if you are willing to migrate and any thoughts.

Forum: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/

Note: Their initial color scheme sucks, but they have like 50 to choose from in bottom left corner once signed in with an account.

- - - Updated - - -

A major point about this is to make it so everyone doesn't feel obligated to play every game. If we can use some of their players for our games, people can take breaks without feeling bad about games not hitting certain numbers.
    Last edited by CerealLord; 2021-04-14 at 08:50 PM.

I'm giving my vote to such a plan. I haven't played WoW in years, so the only real reason I stick around here these days is to play Mafia. I really wish this site had done more to remain relevant and become a general hub for MMO news and discussion, but that isn't the case and isn't likely to happen either.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'll check it out later

7+ Year Old Account
    you know me, ill go where the game is... as long as I can vote graeham d1

10+ Year Old Account
    this thread is cancelled. i hate it here. reported for being fake thread. and being scum. and being a poopyface stupidhead lint licking cootie queen justin bieber looking motherfucker. RIP old mafia thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

3+ Year Old Account
    Lora has been Modkilled for being super sus

Just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    this thread is cancelled. i hate it here. reported for being fake thread. and being scum. and being a poopyface stupidhead lint licking cootie queen justin bieber looking motherfucker. RIP old mafia thread.
    That's nice and all, but what do you think about playing on another forum to get new players potentially? And use a fun Mafia bot.

- - - Updated - - -

Also that commercial is one of my favorites.

I love you too Lora.
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    That's nice and all, but what do you think about playing on another forum to get new players potentially? And use a fun Mafia bot.
    Lora pretty much doesn't post on MMO-C outside of the mafia games and has been here for pretty much every game. Lora will definitely come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Lora pretty much doesn't post on MMO-C outside of the mafia games and has been here for pretty much every game. Lora will definitely come.
    thats not true at all. i have plenty of posts outside of mafia.

Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

thats not true at all. i have plenty of posts outside of mafia.
    Over the past three games your only non-mafia posts were a few posts about sunwell dialogue and OBS stream settings

Over the past three games your only non-mafia posts were a few posts about sunwell dialogue and OBS stream settings
    Okay. I apparently don't love Lora as much as Val.... who it seems stalks him.
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

10+ Year Old Account
    may i direct you to the number below my location.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FoxxiMcLeod View Post
    Okay. I apparently don't love Lora as much as Val.... who it seems stalks him.
    not my first stalker, not my last stalker

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Also that commercial is one of my favorites.
    i think thats kinda sus. its also kinda sus we havent had a town of salem/among us group pop off.

3+ Year Old Account
    I post a shitton of things on the WoW-related forums lol

Quote Originally Posted by FoxxiMcLeod View Post
    Okay. I apparently don't love Lora as much as Val
    *hugs foxxie too*

3+ Year Old Account
    In fact, I joined because of my excitement over Bwonsamdi returning in SL

*hugs foxxie too*
    Lmao, well played sir, well played.