Poll: Rate Shadowlands

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Can you explain why SL being bad retroactively makes BfA better?

I agree SL is bad, but that does not in any way make BfA better. BfA is still the worst that the game has ever been, hands down.
    nah, BFA was still miles ahead of WOD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Why not set up a new post honeymoon phase poll?
    bcs people would not rate the game but their boredom as they already finished what they wanted

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Blood DK dps back in Wrath was my favorite class and spec.
    yeah, with high armor penetration it was realy amazing

Worst expansion yet. Pvp is bad, dungeons are bad, the raid is bad, zones are bad, gearing is bad, boosting is out of control, no meaningful catch ups 4 months into an expansion where everything is time gated. The valor system is garbage and not what we wanted at all. Playing the game feels like doing chores and not like playing a game.

Tbc can't come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    bcs people would not rate the game but their boredom as they already finished what they wanted
    Because surely people are more capable of making rational judgements during phases of massive hype and not after they've actually extensively tested the game.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

I made this poll in December, when most people were still in honeymoon phase.

I rated it 5/10 and will still give the same rating today, because I didn't had any high expectation for Shadowlands since beta. I was surprised to see many people rated it good even excellent.

As I said in my original post, "BFA and SL remain largely the same as Legion without major new things. SL = BFA 2.0 = Legion 3.0". When players did it 1st time in Legion, it was great. When we repeated it again in BFA, it was bad. When we have it 3rd time in a row, it will end worse.

It is totally expected that players get bored faster than ever this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    LOL anyone giving Shittylands a review score over 5/10 is just a fanboy troll, or they haven't actually played this expansion. Blizzard just did paint by numbers, creating a generic lame expansion, they thought the players would buy up anyway, because of the pandemic. They half-assed this one.

As of now, I would rate all WoW expansions in this order;

- Wrath #1
    - BC # 2
    - Legion # 3
    - MoP #4
    - BfA # 5
    - SL # 6
    - Cat # 7
    - WoD # 8

"All of my Shadowlands hate threads get shit on by the community so I resort to calling other people fanboys and trolls to validate my opinion"

Raids are okay.
    Loot drops need to be improved.
    My group has killed doggy boss on mythic every week since I believe mythic was available and have yet to get them to drop... same with pants from 3rd boss...

I’m actually enjoying kind of raid logging, playing alts and not being forced to grind a currency. Would like to see a valor vendor for items. Grinding them on alts feels bad. Valor BOE’s would be nice too.

Class balance is kinda messy and definitely needs to be improved upon. I’d love to see small changes every week. Even if it’s just 1-2% aura buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How are you going to type this and not provide proof even after being asked?
    Why do you need any proof if you are actually playing the game? Everyone can see the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Why do you need any proof if you are actually playing the game? Everyone can see the current situation.
    It took you 2 1/2 months to respond with having zero proof? Why even respond in the first place?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    If you put Wrath as your nr1 you don't really have much ground to stand on when mocking other people's opinion lol
    Wrath is generally considered the best expansion. If your opinion differs, that's fine, but you have to realize you are in the minority. Wrath was outstanding in pretty much every way, minus Naxx being too easy and ToC/ToGC being a 4x a week slog. Outside of that, it really didn't have any major flaws.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2021-04-15 at 12:03 AM.

Wrath is generally considered the best expansion. If your opinion differs, that's fine, but you have to realize you are in the minority. Wrath was outstanding in pretty much every way, minus Naxx being too easy and ToC/ToGC being a 4x a week slog. Outside of that, it really didn't have any major flaws.
    For me it's flipped where it didn't really have any major standouts. Some zones were cool, Ulduar was definitely amazing. ICC was alright. Naxx was imo the worst raid tier I've ever had to play, Trial was so bad I took a break after clearing it because it just wasn't fun or interesting.

I guess if you're a PVPer I could see why you would like it, but as a mostly PVEer myself Wotlk is very close to the bottom. Heck, even WoD which is down there for me as well had better raids overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It took you 2 1/2 months to respond with having zero proof? Why even respond in the first place?
    You have your proof from Blizzard now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    For me it's flipped where it didn't really have any major standouts. Some zones were cool, Ulduar was definitely amazing. ICC was alright. Naxx was imo the worst raid tier I've ever had to play, Trial was so bad I took a break after clearing it because it just wasn't fun or interesting.

I guess if you're a PVPer I could see why you would like it, but as a mostly PVEer myself Wotlk is very close to the bottom. Heck, even WoD which is down there for me as well had better raids overall.
    We need to consider each expansion in the context of its relative time.

In terms of absolute comparison, Vanilla, TBC, Wrath had much less content and worse QoL than modern expansions for sure.

But when we compare them to other games on the market at its time, they are undoubtedly very successful.

It is a matter of how the games evolved compared to how the gamers evolved.

The fact over 50% rate it 7 or higher shows just how full this site is of Blizzard fanboys.

Wrath was outstanding in pretty much every way,
    hahahhaha

Launching with a reused raid. Immagine if that happend today, if shadowlands had launched with a heavily nerfed version of Antorus as its first raidteir, itd be a total shitshow.

But it gets even worse. Wotlk was the only expansion where raiding was plagued by idiotic concepts like limited attempts per week and in-raid weekly timegating (we had 9 weeks of normal icc... let that sink in...)

Theres a reason we jokingly called it "Wrath of the casualking". Because thats what it was, a product that shifted its focus target audience to the casual player because it mean blizz could get away with making less content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The fact over 50% rate it 7 or higher shows just how full this site is of Blizzard fanboys.
    I think its just rosetinted glasses because i remember the forums where full of hate on limited attempts, timegated raid content, and Reused raids...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    hahahhaha

Launching with a reused raid. Immagine if that happend today, if shadowlands had launched with a heavily nerfed version of Antorus as its first raidteir, itd be a total shitshow.

But it gets even worse. Wotlk was the only expansion where raiding was plagued by idiotic concepts like limited attempts per week and in-raid weekly timegating (we had 9 weeks of normal icc... let that sink in...)

Theres a reason we jokingly called it "Wrath of the casualking". Because thats what it was, a product that shifted its focus target audience to the casual player because it mean blizz could get away with making less content.

- - - Updated - - -

I think its just rosetinted glasses because i remember the forums where full of hate on limited attempts, timegated raid content, and Reused raids...
    Imagine that people dont play for raids. Hard pill to swallow eh? Wrath was good because everything else was good. And it did not shift target audience from vanilla -> wotlk casuals were MAIN target audience. It's the cata that tried that and failed miserably (refer to ghostcrawler tweet).

In the other post https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Wotlk-classic while stats are skewed because its forum, its pretty impressive how many want to come back or switch. And couple of my friends who quit retail (including me) are planning to go play as well.

Its not rose tinted glasses, its your inability to understand that different people want different things from a game.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    You have your proof from Blizzard now.
    This doesn't even make sense. I understand you have no proof, just admit it and move on.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Not everyone who is pleased with this game is a "fanboy". I dislike SL so far, i dont enjoy most of its cool features like boreghast or maw or that really boring leggy system.
    But most of the poeple who dislike SL have already unsubbed, and i doubt that the majority will wow related threads or take part on a poll like this. So of course a lot of ppl that are still here like the game and therefore voted for it.
    And before u ask, the main reason i am still here (and subbed) is my guild and loyality....and the hope for better times

I would give it a much higher rating instantaneously () if I could get a mog like this in Torghast. (I usually wait to rate an expansion anyways until I see all the content) Of course make it black to fit in the theme there. (Different colours would be fantastic too tho, but just sayin') Then they could add a little chain belt with a skull or something to accessorize it. Still I would like as a separate item so we can have just a nice, simple, sleek dress. This isn't that risque or whatever people would make you believe. I seen dresses with much bigger slits, it's moderate and beautiful. I would love to see my girls with a gown like this ingame. I'm getting hopes we might be getting mogs..

I'm happy the guys will be getting some cool maw looking armors. I been trying to be supportive of this for a while. Happy people are actually getting something. I shouldn't jinx it tho. The reality none of the characters I like to play fit in with that theme tho.. so I figured I would try and ask/show something I would like ingame. I don't doubt they can start doing mogs like this due to the amount of detail on NPCs armor and the store mog.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2021-05-05 at 12:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess it heavily depends on which player type you are.

For me as a casual alt-army player, this expansion is horribly boring as hell. I play WoW daily, but I just farm tmogs.
    I hate the zones, I hate the lore, I hate the whole tmog sets in covenants, I hate the travel system, I hate Sylvanas, I freaking hate SL.
    Still loving WoW though, I guess I am hopeless xD
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Imagine that people dont play for raids. Hard pill to swallow eh? Wrath was good because everything else was good. And it did not shift target audience from vanilla -> wotlk casuals were MAIN target audience. It's the cata that tried that and failed miserably (refer to ghostcrawler tweet).

In the other post https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Wotlk-classic while stats are skewed because its forum, its pretty impressive how many want to come back or switch. And couple of my friends who quit retail (including me) are planning to go play as well.

Its not rose tinted glasses, its your inability to understand that different people want different things from a game.
    Actually Wrath didnt have much outside of raiding. Most people remember the expansion at the end of it not what it was like progressing through. In the first patches you basically had raiding, farming mats/gold and crafting and rep gains or PvP. Dungeons were obsolete in a few weeks and the only reason alot of the groups were doing them was for the emblems. Crafted gear was almost worthless aswell. Wintergrasp was an absolute failure at the start if you played on a faction without close to parity numbers on the server. Raids were accessible though and seeing as Naxx was so stupidly easy meant it was easy for guilds to dabble and PuG. The additions later on made it have far more to do (Argent tourny dailies etc plus new dungeon, then 3 more dungeons with the next raid etc).

What it did have was a good story to quest through, the first 2-3 times anyway and good lore to back onto plus good tempo.

But seriously, if Wrath had never happened back when it did, and they were releasing it for the first time ever now, the complaints would make Shadowlands sound like the best game ever in comparison. Reused 2x raids. A dungeon and raid using 1 room which was the same for both. Tier gear for doing 5-10minute heroic clears. Vehicle boss fights. Hard mode switch ons which could be easily accidentally toggled resulting in a missed lockout, reused armor models, cutting a major announcement that they had been hyping for months and players were really looking forward too, absolutely horrible balance for classes etc. People complained just like now aswell, just it wasnt as obvious and in prevalent, seeing as forums etc were less utilised back then.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

ah yes the famed non-raid content of wrath.

The notoriously challengeing dungeons... oh wait... the dungs that we blitzed throu while still in tbc gear...

But the long ardous repgrind... oh wait.. the thing we got as a side reward from just running dungs and was done in a week or two..

But the profession grind! So long and.... wait a sec, there was none, we got all recepies from a vendor and we were done in a day...

Just what kind of content did you play in wrath that wasn't raids honestly? Wintergrasp?, that place where one faction had 20ppl with 20 tenacity buffs and the other faction having 200ppl? I get arenas, but that might be the only thing that wasn't butchered content wise. But after having dinged 80, what did you do and what did you find so great?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.