Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would you like to see a Skavenish playable race in wow?

What do you think? Would you like to see a playable race in WoW similar to Skavens of Warhammer Fantasy?

https://i.blogs.es/5c489b/total-war-.../1366_2000.jpg
    Last edited by Norsok; 2021-04-16 at 03:47 PM.

No. Enough with the furries. There are more than enough possible races in current wow lore that can be implemented without creating one out of thin air again.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were animalistic and less anthropomorphic, I'd be all about it.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norsok View Post
    What do you think? Would you like to see a playable race in WoW similar to Skavens of Warhammer Fantasy?
    So, the race of rats if I recall?

It would just be Vermin in the WoW design.

I wouldn't mind more small races but I'd rather see other popular options first such as Ogres, or even Sethrak.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No because Blizzard will make them cutie and adorable and not disgusting filthy rat like our Skavens overlord

Looking up pictures, rat people? I mean we have our version of kobolds.

I don't really see the appeal tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Goblins/Gallywix fit the bill close enough.

All the other posters are just talking about fur, but the main trait of the Skaven are that they are awful backstabbing greedy bastards with steampunk tech. They were literally created by magic to have all the worst traits of humanity, and they are super jerks.

Their technology is close to Goblins, being that it's "ahead" of everyone else's in the setting, but is half-assed and breaks constantly killing their own team as much as the enemy.
    Last edited by Martymark; 2021-04-15 at 02:27 PM.

If you squint a bit we already have them, they are called vulpera.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Looking up pictures, rat people? I mean we have our version of kobolds. [/IMG]

I don't really see the appeal tbh.
    Skaven are sort of a mix of gnomish/goblin tech and Forsaken alchemy as well as genetic experimentation.

You should explain what a Skaven is in the OP or have a pic for people who don't play Warhammer.

Do you mean a rat race like Kobolds? It seems unsanitary as they are now. But if they had a cleaner redesign I'd say maybe..? Kobolds are already part of the Horde, but I think they'd rather have Ogres. I'd personally sooner want Gnolls if the race has to be grungy.

Goblins already cover them, there's many similarities... you should just say you want rat people...

Skaven would be goblins cranked to 11.
    Although I love skaven, wow wouldn't be able to make them justice...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    Thats just a mix of the kobold and goblin race

You could properly make a more smart Kobold and have them like skaven

But again, we have already races that involves the values of the skaven, so there is not a need for skavens.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    You should explain what a Skaven is in the OP or have a pic for people who don't play Warhammer.

Do you mean a rat race like Kobolds? It seems unsanitary as they are now. But if they had a cleaner redesign I'd say maybe..? Kobolds are already part of the Horde, but I think they'd rather have Ogres. I'd personally sooner want Gnolls if the race has to be grungy.
    I can´t paste links yet. I've just put a chunked one.

Im all for it.
    Ive been wanting a ugly beast-like race for quite a while now, and not with a slim "sexy" bodyshape like most WoW-races seem to have

I mean: Worgen with TITS and hour-glass shape? Same goes for Vulpera.
    Im sick of the "V"-shaped body-types, lol

I mostly play KT humans and Taurens theese days, or dwarf

https: //i.blogs.es/5c489b/total-war-warhammer-ii-skaven/1366_2000. jpg
    Do you really want a kobold version of Anduin ? That's what you'd get with Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Im all for it.
    Ive been wanting a ugly beast-like race for quite a while now, and not with a slim "sexy" bodyshape like most WoW-races seem to have

I mean: Worgen with TITS and hour-glass shape? Same goes for Vulpera.
    Im sick of the "V"-shaped body-types, lol

I mostly play KT humans and Taurens theese days, or dwarf
    Worgen were even less well received than they are now with chihuahua face...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, blizzard could never do a race as great as skavan right rather it be design or lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, as much as i love the Skaven, I like them because of their horrible nature that the universe of wow is not made for.

Also I would prefer for Blizzard to make their own unique race instead of trying to copy someone else idea.

https: //i.blogs.es/5c489b/total-war-warhammer-ii-skaven/1366_2000. jpg
    That's basically Vulpera.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?