Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That's simply a gameplay description for someone inside a vehicle. Think about it; If you were piloting a tank, your enemy would need to the destroy the tank in order to destroy you. Also if you look at the graphic, the Goblin is literally sitting inside the vehicle.

I also think this is quite interesting;

Because it could justify a Tinker class wearing robotic suits ala Ironman, and thusly open up the class to other races.

Find anything on what? I don't know what you're talking about here. Please clarify.

Again, apparition literally means "ghost". The talent that boosts this ability is called Auspicious Spirits. So yes, you are summoning ghosts.
    Once again, in WC3 the tinker becomes mechanical as a creature. Which pretty much implies they stopped being a goblin and became a robot.

I'm saying you need to post an article where Blizzard said that every aspect of runemaster went into DK and how every single aspect of necromancer ALSO went into DK.

"a ghost or ghostlike image of a person." That's the definition. It is pertaining to ONLY spirits. It can also mean a ghostlike figure resembling a person which is exactly what Shadowy Apparitions is. It is summoning ghostly copies of the shadow priest. You're not fucking summoning ghosts because shadow priests don't use necromancy. Spirit also doesn't only pertain to ghosts since in the practice of astral projection, the projection is called a spirit. So once again, Haunted Wave doesn't fit shadow priest at all because they use Void magic and not death magic.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I want it?
    Just observe class additions throughout the game.
    And ignore what goes against your narrative. Again, the monk class largely comes from sources outside Warcraft.

Illidan is the Demon Hunter from Warcraft 3. This HotS version of it is nothing but an upgrade and a modern version of it. You've got to be mad to call it a different concept. You can't really expect it to work the same way as it did a decade ago, could you?
    But it is a completely different beast in terms of playability, abilities and strategy. Which is the whole point. Saying that the WoW class' design and playability is inspired largely on the HotS Illidan hero is not the same thing as saying its design and playability is "largely inspired on the WC3 DH."

I do it, as well. Though it hints more at what class, from the WC3 heroes, is coming next rather than what Blizzard uses to determine which classes are added. For example, if any classes are added in these expansions: from the Light/Void theme of BFA, i infer a Shadow Hunter class ("The Shadow Hunter walks the line between light and darkness"), and from the Dragon themes of Shadowlands i can't, really, infer a Dragonsworn class, so i'm left with either an old Dragonman samurai sketch (Blademaster) or Dragonman Alchemists from Cataclysm. If you ask me about prominent figures, i infer a Dark Ranger & Priestess of the Moon class from Sylvanas and Tyrande, with either a Sea Witch or Warden as a third supplement.
    Warcraft 3 heroes are useless. Again, the runemaster concept almost making the cut for Wrath debunks that claim.

Sure thing, buddy.
    Let's just ignore the whole Pandaren lore Blizz had. They had the race, almost, ready for TBC, for crying out loud. But, you think they didn't have enough sources of their own.
    "They had the race almost ready for TBC". Funny how Blizzard never, ever said that. All they did was that they once considered the pandaren for the Alliance.

So, what does it mean? Covid?
    Come on... be realistic.
    You're the one making this idiotic COVID joke. Not me.

You mean the pandaren geomancer's prestige class "Transcendent"?
    You mean the Pandaren Warrior? The rest are too small for me to care.

That's brainstorming stage. Nothing concrete or on a playable level.
    Again, that's irrelevant. The concept was considered viable, or else it would never even be considered in the first place. Or do you think that if Blizzard picked up the runemaster, and when they went into the design process, they would go like "hey, the runemaster has no WC3 units. Let's discard it and pick something else"?

"Pandaren are formidable monks, following their philosophies to the letter and perfecting their martial arts as they see fit." - from the RPG
    "Monk" in that context is just a word. A name. There is nothing else about their monk philosophies and practices.

Yes, Mistweaver and Windwalker were taken from outside sources, but you can't point out where or relate them to a known character, like you can Brewmaster.
    Again, we don't have to. Because we don't have to 'pinpoint to a specific character' at all, especially when we're talking about mish-mashes of concepts.

Cooperation, that is.
    Plus, forsaken were hurt by the light, as well, yet Blizzard managed to make them priests.
    That's still irrelevant. The naaru can't make the Light not hurt the venthyr any more than Thrall cannot make fire magic not burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Once again, in WC3 the tinker becomes mechanical as a creature. Which pretty much implies they stopped being a goblin and became a robot.
    It's no different than in WoW. When characters are inside robots or other vehicles, they're also labeled as mechanical.

I'm saying you need to post an article where Blizzard said that every aspect of runemaster went into DK and how every single aspect of necromancer ALSO went into DK.
    Incorrect. You need to show what the DK is missing from the Runemaster concept that doesn't make them a runemaster. It doesn't need "every single aspect" of the Runemaster in order for it to be a Runemaster.

"a ghost or ghostlike image of a person." That's the definition. It is pertaining to ONLY spirits. It can also mean a ghostlike figure resembling a person which is exactly what Shadowy Apparitions is. It is summoning ghostly copies of the shadow priest. You're not fucking summoning ghosts because shadow priests don't use necromancy. Spirit also doesn't only pertain to ghosts since in the practice of astral projection, the projection is called a spirit. So once again, Haunted Wave doesn't fit shadow priest at all because they use Void magic and not death magic.
    Warlock has Haunt and Phantasm. Are those versions of death magic as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    If they were to make a new one, it would need to sell the box. Lotta these in-universe characters don't seem cool enough at first glance to sell a box, necromancer is probably the only remaining box-seller they have. And clearly, necromancer already exists in the form of lock/dk, but eh, dh already existed too.
    Nah, a Technology-based class would sell plenty of boxes. Even if a Gnome or a Goblin is the one selling it.

That isn’t their version, I’m saying that Haunting Wave fits in perfectly with Shadow Priests because they have existing similar thematic abilities.
    So why say that Sylvanas getting HOTS abilities is good for Tinker and Dragon Aspect concepts if you're implying that existing classes would just get Sylvanas' HOTS abilities?

That makes no sense. You're implying that Tech and Dragon abilities could be pawned off all the same just by comparing game mechanics instead of theme.

You're implying Goblin Shaman should get the Tinker turret mechanics if they already use technological totems which are similar thematic abilities to turrets.

Not quite sure why you think this would be good for Tinkers.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-04-15 at 03:53 PM.

The main character in WC3 (Arthas) was a Paladin. Also Uther another Paladin was a major character and lore figure. That is an example of seeding. If we had a Bard hero running around and doing incredible deeds with his Bardic abilities, that would be seeding for a Bard class.

However we don’t have that.
    First: that is not "heavy seeding". And second: we do have seeds for bards. We have confirmation that songs on their own can have magic. We have song-like spells in the lore and game. We have bards and bard-like characters in Warcraft.

We have Lich King Arthas for Death Knights, Chen for Monks, Illidan for Demon Hunters, Gazlowe for Tinkers, Sylvanas for Dark Rangers, Wrathion for Dragonsworn, etc.

See the difference?
    The "difference" is nothing but your personal, subjective, arbitrary creation. Because Blizzard has basically admitted that this is not necessary when the runemaster, a concept without any character in any of the Warcraft games, almost became the first expansion class in WoW. And if "need a hero" was really necessary as you claim it is, then the concept would never even be considered in the first place, much less become one of the three runner-ups, beating concepts like demon hunter, tinker, and dark rangers, who have heroes.

How does a Warrior using Battle Shout, Rallying Cry, or Dragon Roar differ from a Bard using similar abilities? Warriors have almost a dozen such abilities btw.
    How does a priest casting heal differ from a paladin casting holy light? How does a priest casting smite differ from a paladin casting judgment? The shaman class having a spec dedicated to water healing did not stop the monk class from having an entire spec dedicated to water healing. The shaman's handful of fire abilities did not stop the warlock and mage classes from having entire specs dedicated to fire magic. Same thing with mages and DKs with frost magic. Etc, etc.

In other words: small overlaps are fine.

Okay then.
    Can't admit to the mistake, huh?

It's no different than in WoW. When characters are inside robots or other vehicles, they're also labeled as mechanical.

Incorrect. You need to show what the DK is missing from the Runemaster concept that doesn't make them a runemaster. It doesn't need "every single aspect" of the Runemaster in order for it to be a Runemaster.

Warlock has Haunt and Phantasm. Are those versions of death magic as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, a Technology-based class would sell plenty of boxes. Even if a Gnome or a Goblin is the one selling it.
    Link one instance where the player becomes classified as mechanical when in quest mech suits.

And no no. I don't need to show shit. You made the claim that runemaster and necromancer wholly became DK. So either show your proof or stop making ridiculous claims.

Haunt also isn't just pertaining to ghosts. "to visit habitually or regularly." is another of its definitions. Same with Phantasm since phantasm can also mean "an illusory likeness of something." You really need to stop focusing on just ONE definition of a word. And I'm going to say this again, shadow priests don't fucking use necromancy. They only use Void magic. Period. There is absolutely no evidence backing up your claim that shadow priests use necromancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So why say that Sylvanas getting HOTS abilities is good for Tinker and Dragon Aspect concepts if you're implying that existing classes would just get Sylvanas' HOTS abilities?

That makes no sense. You're implying that Tech and Dragon abilities could be pawned off all the same just by comparing game mechanics instead of theme. You're already ignoring the Necromancy aspect of all Dark Ranger abilities, why not just ignore the tech themes of a Tinker and reuse their turret mechanics for Shaman then?
    Tinker abilities and the abilities shown by the Dragon Aspects in HotS have never been pawned off to existing classes. Dark Ranger abilities have. Further, if Sylvanas dies in the upcoming raid, that's essentially the end of Banshee-based Dark Ranger.

Void and Death are all Shadow magic in gameplay terms.
    Gameplay is not lore. That's a fact, no matter how much you try to ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Link one instance where the player becomes classified as mechanical when in quest mech suits.
    I was talking about NPCs. Obviously it wouldn't apply to players since the ability to pilot a vehicle isn't an ability in any class.

And no no. I don't need to show shit. You made the claim that runemaster and necromancer wholly became DK. So either show your proof or stop making ridiculous claims.
    I said their concepts were rolled into the DK. Blizzard has stated this themselves. Whether the ENTIRE concept was rolled into DK is unprovable and irrelevant.

Haunt also isn't just pertaining to ghosts. "to visit habitually or regularly." is another of its definitions. Same with Phantasm since phantasm can also mean "an illusory likeness of something." You really need to stop focusing on just ONE definition of a word. And I'm going to say this again, shadow priests don't fucking use necromancy. They only use Void magic. Period. There is absolutely no evidence backing up your claim that shadow priests use necromancy.
    A ghostly soul haunting a target isn't pertaining to ghosts?

I was talking about NPCs. Obviously it wouldn't apply to players since the ability to pilot a vehicle isn't an ability in any class.

I said their concepts were rolled into the DK. Blizzard has stated this themselves. Whether the ENTIRE concept was rolled into DK is unprovable and irrelevant.

A ghostly soul haunting a target isn't pertaining to ghosts?
    And again, post proof that NPCs become mechanical when in a mech.

Saying the concept was placed into a different class is literally saying the entirety of the class concept was put there. And if you're going to backpedal and say there's no way to prove that it was rolled into DK completely, then you need to stop saying Runemasters can't happen because they became death knights.

Actually fucking read my entire comment. I pointed out how those definitions have different meanings. Shadowy Apparitions are shadowy duplicates of the caster formed out of Void energy. Same with their other abilities that may sound death oriented. Shadow priests simply do not use necromancy or death magic. Warlocks ALSO don't use death magic. They use Void, fire, and fel energy. So giving Haunted Wave to shadow priests makes absolutely no sense since Haunted Wave is a necromancy ability and shadow priests only use Void as their power source.

Tinker abilities and the abilities shown by the Dragon Aspects in HotS have never been pawned off to existing classes. Dark Ranger abilities have.
    HOTS abilities from other classes have not been pawned off to existing classes. My point is stronger than yours since none of Sylvanas' abilities from the raid or HOTS are in the Hunter class.

Further, if Sylvanas dies in the upcoming raid, that's essentially the end of Banshee-based Dark Ranger.
    I wouldn't count on Blizzard sticking to their lore when it comes to sharing gameplay mechanics around. Everyone's using Necromancy in this expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    And again, post proof that NPCs become mechanical when in a mech.
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=131227/mogul-razdunk
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=138582/chief-engineer-grizz
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=129043/h...er-mekkatorque

Saying the concept was placed into a different class is literally saying the entirety of the class concept was put there. And if you're going to backpedal and say there's no way to prove that it was rolled into DK completely, then you need to stop saying Runemasters can't happen because they became death knights.
    I would say that enough of the concept was placed in the DK class to remove any chance of a Runemaster class entering WoW.

Actually fucking read my entire comment. I pointed out how those definitions have different meanings. Shadowy Apparitions are shadowy duplicates of the caster formed out of Void energy. Same with their other abilities that may sound death oriented. Shadow priests simply do not use necromancy or death magic. Warlocks ALSO don't use death magic. They use Void, fire, and fel energy. So giving Haunted Wave to shadow priests makes absolutely no sense since Haunted Wave is a necromancy ability and shadow priests only use Void as their power source.
    Again, these are simply buzzwords. In terms of gameplay it is all shadow magic in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Attaching the most popular character around to an RPG class doesn't make it true.
    You know what a Dragonsworn is (hint: the answer is in the name)? a mortal pledging allegiance/loyalty to a Dragon/Dragonflight and getting powers/knowledge/artifacts in return.
    However cool that made-up concept is, Wrathion is a Dragon, himself. A Dragonsworn would be more along the lines of Night elves followers of Ysera.
    And Dragonsworn could be followers of Wrathion. That's the connection. Who is going to be blessing these guys with powers of a Dragon? It will more likely be Wrathion IMO, because the Aspects would not likely 'share' their followers to allow one mortal to be blessed with all powers of each dragonflight whereas this crazy scheme would be right up Wrathion's alley.

Kel'thuzad's Human Necromancer form is the associated image, not his Lich form.

Thrall has, always, been an iconic Shaman - losing his powers or not, we didn't call him one because we felt like it.
    They're still just used as figureheads for the classes. What form they are or what titles they use don't really change that aspect.

Same could apply for Wrathion, since he is primarily shown in his mortal form using Draconic powers.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=131227/mogul-razdunk
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=138582/chief-engineer-grizz
    https://www.wowhead.com/npc=129043/h...er-mekkatorque

I would say that enough of the concept was placed in the DK class to remove any chance of a Runemaster class entering WoW.

Again, these are simply buzzwords. In terms of gameplay it is all shadow magic in the end.
    All right so you're right about that. Though the fact remains that having a mech constantly active as a tinker would be far too OP.

So you have absolutely no evidence supporting your claim that runemaster can't happen because we already have DKs. Gotcha.

Lmao wow. So because I proved you are wrong, you say they're "just buzzwords". You claimed that Haunted Wave would fit the theme of shadow priest and you are 100% incorrect. Because Haunted Wave really has no part in shadow priests. Haunted Wave would be death magic and shadow priests 100% do not use death magic. Making the asinine comment of "it's all shadow magic in the end" instead of admitting you're wrong is really aggravating. But once again, by your logic, engineers and tinkers are the same thing since it's all gadgets in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOTS abilities from other classes have not been pawned off to existing classes. My point is stronger than yours since none of Sylvanas' abilities from the raid or HOTS are in the Hunter class.
    Well they're brand new abilities. Why would they be in other classes so early? Typically classes don't get raid boss abilities until the following expansion. That said, I see no reason Ranger Shot, Wailing Arrow, or Withering Fire wouldn't end up in the Hunter class in the next expansion.

I wouldn't count on Blizzard sticking to their lore when it comes to sharing gameplay mechanics around. Everyone's using Necromancy in this expansion
    So are you saying that multiple classes will get Banshee abilities in a future expansion? DKs and Priests already have banshee abilities.

Well they're brand new abilities. Why would they be in other classes so early? Typically classes don't get raid boss abilities until the following expansion. That said, I see no reason Ranger Shot, Wailing Arrow, or Withering Fire wouldn't end up in the Hunter class in the next expansion.
    Haunting Wave isn't even in Sylvanas' raid boss abilities and you still used it as an example :/

You were talking about HOTS abilities in general, and this ability hasn't been new for 6+ years.

So are you saying that multiple classes will get Banshee abilities in a future expansion? DKs and Priests already have banshee abilities.
    They could pawn any themes off as future 'Covenants' if we're going down this route of 'HOTS abilities usable by any existing class'.

Heck, we already had Engineering and Turrets usable by all classes when we had WoD Garrisons.

I'm just confused why you think this is good for Tinker and Dragon Aspects concepts if you're talking about pawning their abilities off to existing classes.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-04-15 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haunting Wave isn't even in Sylvanas' raid boss abilities and you still used it as an example :/
    Check again, it's in there.

You were talking about HOTS abilities in general, and this ability hasn't been new for 6+ years.
    It's new to WoW, so we shouldn't expect it to be disseminated into the classes just yet.

They could pawn any themes off as future 'Covenants' if we're going down this route of 'HOTS abilities usable by any existing class'.

Heck, we already had Engineering and Turrets usable by all classes when we had WoD Garrisons.

I'm just confused why you think this is good for Tinker and Dragon Aspects concepts if you're talking about pawning their abilities off to existing classes.
    Again, Dark Ranger abilities have been historically given to Hunter and Priest classes. With Sylvanas probably dead after 9.1, there is no longer a source for a banshee-based Dark Ranger in WoW, so it stands to reason that they will continue to hand Dark Ranger abilities to those two classes.

As to why this is good for the Tinker and Draconic classes; Simple, more HotS abilities in WoW means that Blizzard continues to pull from that source for ability and class concepts.

tinker in a mech suit would never work because of PVP

- - - Updated - - -

Also the face that engineers are in the game take away from the Tinker.

Again, Dark Ranger abilities have been historically given to Hunter and Priest classes. With Sylvanas probably dead after 9.1, there is no longer a source for a banshee-based Dark Ranger in WoW, so it stands to reason that they will continue to hand Dark Ranger abilities to those two classes.
    Black Arrow isn't in the Hunter kit any more. Hunter has since disconnected from that association completely, and even with Covenants they didn't get more Necromantic/Banshee variations of Dark Ranger abilities; they got Death Chakram instead.

Mind Control is also a Shadow Priest ability, not the Dark Ranger ability. Dark Rangers had Charm, which worked differently on units. It permanently granted control of a unit and did not work on heroes, while Mind Control works on heroes (other player characters) but only temporarily. Very different spells.

As to why this is good for the Tinker and Draconic classes; Simple, more HotS abilities in WoW means that Blizzard continues to pull from that source for ability and class concepts.
    Which means they could just as easily use it for Covenants or existing classes, the exact same way you explained to me how none of Sylvanas' abilities would make it into a new class concept. You've inferred that these HotS abilities would go straight into existing classes.

Undermine with multiple Trade Prince Cartels or a Mechagon 2.0 would work just as well.

Judging by how they release their other chars I could see it going something like this:

New class "The STUNNER" All auto attacks stun for 10 seconds and boop 5 yards. Moving your camera over an enemy will silence them and reduce their effectiveness.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.