Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    To the surprise of literally nobody, the Runecarver was the Primus all along.
    Nobody who was paying attention.
    But there was a "The Runecarver is Gul'dan" theory which skirted a level of madness unseen in even for MMOC.

Imho primus is obviously the runecarver.
    The only evidence needed is the pure hate, mocking and maliciousness the jailer shows when talking to the runecarver.

Why would jailer, possibly the strongest being in shadowlands, have any emotions towards anyone that is not the current 4 rulers that jailed him long ago and arbiter?
    Everyone else that exists in shadowlands is so far beneath jailers power that they are unworthy of even remembering, let alone developing feelings against.

The only person missing that the Jailer would feel such intense hatred for is the primus.
    Probably because primus created much of what actually jails the jailer in the maw (powered by heart of forest).

Only other option i could see is if the runecarver is one of the beings that created jailer/4rulers but i do not see how could jailer subdue such a powerful entity.
    But any notion that the runecarver is some pathetic mortal is laughable, jailer would never bother developing emotions towards specific mortals or others subordinates.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2021-04-15 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It appears the Primus of Maldraxxus is actually the NPC who ended up using the Jailer depiction from BlizzCon:

That is quite obviously not the same physical form of the original Primus. Maybe his current body as the runecarver is too damaged, so we fleshcraft him a new body and his spirit is transferred into this hunched, bearded figure?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    That is quite obviously not the same physical form of the original Primus. Maybe his current body as the runecarver is too damaged, so we fleshcraft him a new body and his spirit is transferred into this hunched, bearded figure?
    How is that obvious? We have no idea what he looked like before he went to Korthia. The statue is likely hundreds of thousands if not millions of years old and not really indicative of his looks in the last centuries.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Imho primus is obviously the runecarver.
    The only evidence needed is the pure hate, mocking and maliciousness the jailer shows when talking to the runecarver.

Why would jailer, possibly the strongest being in shadowlands, have any emotions towards anyone that is not the current 4 rulers that jailed him long ago and arbiter?
    Everyone else that exists in shadowlands is so far beneath jailers power that they are unworthy of even remembering, let alone developing feelings against.

The only person missing that the Jailer would feel such intense hatred for is the primus.
    Probably because primus created much of what actually jails the jailer in the maw (powered by heart of forest).

Only other option i could see is if the runecarver is one of the beings that created jailer/4rulers but i do not see how could jailer subdue such a powerful entity.
    But any notion that the runecarver is some pathetic mortal is laughable, jailer would never bother developing emotions towards specific mortals or others subordinates.
    It's been confirmed.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    According to the current datamined strings, we somehow acquire the Sigil of the Primus from elsewhere and bring it to the Runecarver in Torghast, who unexpectedly absorbs the Sigil into himself and then transforms into the Primus once more in front of us. Why he doesn't really resemble his statue at the Seat of the Primus is unknown - though as I said above, this could be down to the statue either being an interpretation or artistic rendering or that his form is variable and perhaps he did look like that at one time.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    According to the current datamined strings, we somehow acquire the Sigil of the Primus from elsewhere and bring it to the Runecarver in Torghast, who unexpectedly absorbs the Sigil into himself and then transforms into the Primus once more in front of us. Why he doesn't really resemble his statue at the Seat of the Primus is unknown - though as I said above, this could be down to the statue either being an interpretation or artistic rendering or that his form is variable and perhaps he did look like that at one time.
    Well look at a lot of statues and portraits of famous people from the middle ages, the renaissance or even the age of enlightenment. They were often subject of either artist liberties or the one being portrayed demanding certain changes.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well look at a lot of statues and portraits of famous people from the middle ages, the renaissance or even the age of enlightenment. They were often subject of either artist liberties or the one being portrayed demanding certain changes.
    It's probably harder to find a real representation than some artistic rendering when you get into it.

Don't forget that all those antique marble statues used to be painted in garish colours, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's been confirmed.
    GOD, it feels so good to be right after so many people tried telling me otherwise!

- - - Updated - - -

I've known the Runecarver was the Primus for days now, and I'm still hyped my prediction came to pass. I mean, it just seemed WAY too obvious. Especially with the Maldraxxus music being played in the Frostmourne construction cinematic, AS WELL as the fact that the Scourge is literally a copy paste of the Primus' armies in Maldraxxus.

AND, AND, Blizzcon 2019 confirmed that the Primus made the Domination magics, and the Runecarver was apparently "the best runesmith wielding domination magics ever" like...mmmmhmmmmm

- - - Updated - - -

"BUT MUH FINGERS" The Primus likely changed forms a lot, or statues just weren't accurate. I mean, statues weren't at all accurate for Turalyon and Alleria in SW.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I've known the Runecarver was the Primus for days now, and I'm still hyped my prediction came to pass.
    After lots of people have seen that coming since literally week 1 of SL. Get off that horse, it's not yours.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    After lots of people have seen that coming since literally week 1 of SL. Get off that horse, it's not yours.
    I know this? I'm making a personal gloat. I'm not trying to say I birthmarked that theory. I said it was "my theory" the same way it was others.

I know this? I'm making a personal gloat. I'm not trying to say I birthmarked that theory. I said it was "my theory" the same way it was others.
    No, it wasn't your theory. It was a theory you shared with many others. "Your theory" implies that you came up with it alone.

Besides, this is like gloating that you figured out that 2 comes after 1... in 3rd grade math.

This is on the same line like when people see a character say something ingame and take for the absolute truth everything else is a retcon.

This was just a freaking statue... and before he probably got tortured and had his key (whatever that is) ripped out. Why are people so pissed about his?
    We don't even know if what we see is their true form... look at the titans. They just appear like that to us.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it wasn't your theory. It was a theory you shared with many others. "Your theory" implies that you came up with it alone.

Besides, this is like gloating that you figured out that 2 comes after 1... in 3rd grade math.
    Ah, gotcha. Either way, I mean what you said.

Also...dude...you'll be surprised just how many people didn't get it. ESPECIALLY on this forum. Gloating is definitely worth it, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, there were ACTUALLY people that thought the Runecarver was Gul'dan. Gul...fucking dan. Like, what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    This is on the same line like when people see a character say something ingame and take for the absolute truth everything else is a retcon.

This was just a freaking statue... and before he probably got tortured and had his key (whatever that is) ripped out. Why are people so pissed about his?
    We don't even know if what we see is their true form... look at the titans. They just appear like that to us.
    I mean, realistically, the Titans are walking worlds that are comprised of energy from the Universe. They can essentially look however they please, but the forms they take, or their "true" selves are the beings we see at the Seat of the pantheon. Outside of that, they can literally manipulate however they want to look, especially since they can form into astral clouds of celestial energy. The Void Lords and Old Gods are likely the same, with their "physical bodies" being what we can merely comprehend. I mean, the Outer Gods' physical looks are merely what we mortals portray them as. No reason the Void Lords can't be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I think it's just this model below with the armor taken off which is why he looks so weird. Like Argus with his helmet off. It's a product of datamining not his actual look.

https://i.imgur.com/q9Q4wnY.png

My guess is that the Primus is using a recycled or saved-from-the-garbage-bin design for the Jailer. Also, dude has five fingers (;
    I'm going to say this once and only once:

Ghostly nipple tentacles.

Ah, gotcha. Either way, I mean what you said.

Also...dude...you'll be surprised just how many people didn't get it. ESPECIALLY on this forum. Gloating is definitely worth it, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, there were ACTUALLY people that thought the Runecarver was Gul'dan. Gul...fucking dan. Like, what?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, realistically, the Titans are walking worlds that are comprised of energy from the Universe. They can essentially look however they please, but the forms they take, or their "true" selves are the beings we see at the Seat of the pantheon. Outside of that, they can literally manipulate however they want to look, especially since they can form into astral clouds of celestial energy. The Void Lords and Old Gods are likely the same, with their "physical bodies" being what we can merely comprehend. I mean, the Outer Gods' physical looks are merely what we mortals portray them as. No reason the Void Lords can't be the same.
    I doubt the human form is their true form. Rather the form we saw in the cinematic where they looked like algalon.

My point simply was, that i think the primus can look however he wants to look. And even if he does not, his current look can be easily explained by years of torture and the removal of the key which we do not know what the effect on them is. We will once we can talk to the archon again.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I doubt the human form is their true form. Rather the form we saw in the cinematic where they looked like algalon.

My point simply was, that i think the primus can look however he wants to look. And even if he does not, his current look can be easily explained by years of torture and the removal of the key which we do not know what the effect on them is. We will once we can talk to the archon again.
    The Runecarver looks different from the Primus' current look in 9.1, so maybe he can change appearances. He also essentially made the Houses of Maldraxxus, and one of the houses can essentially disguise as different types of beings.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, their physical form is not really a "human form". It's a humanoid form, yes. But that's it.