Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It is a bit strange that Blizzard is implementing this. Rio is a pretty fleshed out tool. It goes a long way past giving you a score. There's no reason for Blizzard to make their own tool unless they might be thinking of creating a queue finder for m+. This is their 9.3 super feature. Think about it. Quite often Blizzard creates a super feature towards the end of an expansion. LFD, LFR, Flex, Mythic dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    RIO is antisocial bullshit. It is toxic as hell. If you like RIO, you suck at wow. Period.
    You not having the capacity to understand a tool doesn't mean it's toxic. What is toxic is mis-representing yourself for content when you know you have no business being there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It is a bit strange that Blizzard is implementing this. Rio is a pretty fleshed out tool. It goes a long way past giving you a score. There's no reason for Blizzard to make their own tool unless they might be thinking of creating a queue finder for m+. This is their 9.3 super feature. Think about it. Quite often Blizzard creates a super feature towards the end of an expansion. LFD, LFR, Flex, Mythic dungeons.
    Yeah, great, just what people want - challenging content on a timer with no ability to filter out bad player/people looking for a carry or trolls. That sounds awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    I wonder if rio is working why do they bother to create something like that ingame instead of using these resources on something cooler.

Well...
    Because Blizzard is going to create a M+ queue system.
    why so mad bro

It is a bit strange that Blizzard is implementing this. Rio is a pretty fleshed out tool. It goes a long way past giving you a score.
    There's precedent for Blizzard doing this in the past. Remember oQueue? That eventually became the LFG tool we still use today. Realistically Blizzard should have adopted this back in Legion when it was first developed but hindsight's 20/20. My only concern now is that the R.IO community will eventually disappear over time as their web traffic is almost certainly going to be severely diminished once Blizzard's version goes live.

There's no reason for Blizzard to make their own tool unless they might be thinking of creating a queue finder for m+. This is their 9.3 super feature. Think about it. Quite often Blizzard creates a super feature towards the end of an expansion. LFD, LFR, Flex, Mythic dungeons.
    This will not happen. Nobody would use a fucking queue for M+. Have you actually stepped foot in a dungeon? That's a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Yeah, great, just what people want - challenging content on a timer with no ability to filter out bad player/people looking for a carry or trolls. That sounds awful.
    It's something that a lot of players want. YOU don't have to use it. But why would blizzard replace a tool that works fine as it is?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There's precedent for Blizzard doing this in the past. Remember oQueue? That eventually became the LFG tool we still use today. Realistically Blizzard should have adopted this back in Legion when it was first developed but hindsight's 20/20. My only concern now is that the R.IO community will eventually disappear over time as their web traffic is almost certainly going to be severely diminished once Blizzard's version goes live.
    And also I can't remember any super feature since flex so "there's always a new super feature" isn't true.

If memory serves right, one of the reasons that oQueue was replaced was because of the in add-on advertising. Yes. We all agree that a proper LFG tool should have been in the game forever ago but Blizzard were pretty upset about the advertising that they initially released a shitty version just to bury that addon.
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    It's something that a lot of players want. YOU don't have to use it. But why would blizzard replace a tool that works fine as it is?
    I am pretty damn sure it would be a colossal failure. Good people or people who have 1-2 missing in their group would run together or use the original LFG to vet people, and only the most foolhardy would use the auto matchmaking tool. It would be early Cataclysm Heroic 5 man dungeons all over again - a LFD like matchmaker doesn't go with even modestly challenging content AT ALL. I should know, as I couldn't tank Ozruk in H Stonecore for shit for a good while, and literally left a group once so they could kill him.

That is unless it was actually Mythic - (Minus with a CAPITAL M) and severely nerfed to the point that the average user of LFR or LFD could be guaranteed a clear of the content, most likely without a timer... at which point it would no longer be Mythic +.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. Blizzard has a long history of implementing addons that become ubiquitous among the average player. I think they just don't really like the idea of people feeling like they need to use third party tools to have a normal gaming experience if it's something simple they can implement. That might be all it is.

If their implementation is a simplified version (as it often is), people will likely still use raider.io because it is very robust, but it will make it a little easier for people that don't want to fuck with the website or addon to have some kind of screening capabilities besides just ilvl and proving ground medals (lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Sorry mate but players with higher Rio are less likely to fail and leave mid-dungeon then low-score ones (at least to my experience).
    Just as a tangent comment, my experience with leavers is actually kind the opposite. Personally, I've had a lot of bad experiences where the party leader invites someone with a score insanely above the content we're doing. I don't know why someone who usually runs 20s would want to slum it with our alts in a 12, but I can tell you that those people seem to have the least amount of patience for dealing with fuckups because they are probably not used to them at their level and somehow forgot that they're playing with people who feel a 12 is their content level.

Unless it's, like, a 2-4 that they are running for valor or they are there to carry a friend, it's made me very wary to invite anyone with a super high score when they sign up for my runs.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Just as a tangent comment, my experience with leavers is actually kind the opposite. Personally, I've had a lot of bad experiences where the party leader invites someone with a score insanely above the content we're doing. I don't know why someone who usually runs 20s would want to slum it with our alts in a 12, but I can tell you that those people seem to have the least amount of patience for dealing with fuckups because they are probably not used to them at their level and somehow forgot that they're playing with people who feel a 12 is their content level.

Unless it's, like, a 2-4 that they are running for valor or they are there to carry a friend, it's made me very wary to invite anyone with a super high score when they sign up for my runs.
    Most of the times I'm not playing with people who have a lot higher rio then me so I can't really compare. But I remember being in a group with hunter with score of 300 over mine. Everybody used invisibility potions but he forgot to call pet off and explosives left us visible with 5 packs running towards us. Well, mistakes happen in all score range but in my experience low score people are more likely to quit in such situation.

I am pretty damn sure it would be a colossal failure. Good people or people who have 1-2 missing in their group would run together or use the original LFG to vet people, and only the most foolhardy would use the auto matchmaking tool. It would be early Cataclysm Heroic 5 man dungeons all over again - a LFD like matchmaker doesn't go with even modestly challenging content AT ALL. I should know, as I couldn't tank Ozruk in H Stonecore for shit for a good while, and literally left a group once so they could kill him.

That is unless it was actually Mythic - (Minus with a CAPITAL M) and severely nerfed to the point that the average user of LFR or LFD could be guaranteed a clear of the content, most likely without a timer... at which point it would no longer be Mythic +.
    Blizzard have always said that they are reluctant to auto queue end game content. They have said this many times. The reason why is exactly as you said but in a non elitist way. It's something that most people who frequent mmoc agree with.

But in saying that there are two points that indicate that Blizzard could go down this route.

A points system indicates that you actually have to do the content. Rio can be used like this. "Hmmm, there 6 dps that want to come. I think you need X points to show that you can actually do dungeon Y at M +Z level. 2 if those dps meet those requirements ...". Maybe you can only queue for a 2 if your score is 150. You can queue for a 10 if your score is 750. The score Indicates what level you should be playing and where you can queue. Maybe it's all automatic and you are matched with players of the same points for a dungeon that matches those points.

There is a large amount of people that are sick of queueing for a really long time and not getting anywhere. This is why LFD was introduced in the first place.
    why so mad bro

It's not going to solve the biggest problems with raider.io: elitists, and people paying for carries.

You're still going to have elitsts not inviting you to a +15 unless you have a +17 timed, and you're still going to have people just paying china for a keystone master boost, thus you get people at +15 level who have no clue how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... as someone who is almost at 1800 now... playing alts i will fucking leave if you miss the hook on stitchflesh... i will leave if you kill the adds before the 3rd hook to get him back down instantly... why are you even in a key if you don't know the fights? i don't care if it's almost the end of the dungeon, i will leave...

people need to stop boosting those people... start leaving when you end up with them... if they want boosts, they should pay for them...
    i agree with you on the aiming part but you would abandon EVERY nw key i only do 15s mas as what's the point in pushing (personal opinion) but i have yet to see a single grp keep that abomination alive for the 3rd hook

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's not going to solve the biggest problems with raider.io: elitists, and people paying for carries.

You're still going to have elitsts not inviting you to a +15 unless you have a +17 timed, and you're still going to have people just paying china for a keystone master boost, thus you get people at +15 level who have no clue how to play.
    there is away blizz just need to indicate who bought a boost, its not hard to do either

This like trying to read /r/Conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    lol... as someone who is almost at 1800 now... playing alts i will fucking leave if you miss the hook on stitchflesh... i will leave if you kill the adds before the 3rd hook to get him back down instantly... why are you even in a key if you don't know the fights? i don't care if it's almost the end of the dungeon, i will leave...

people need to stop boosting those people... start leaving when you end up with them... if they want boosts, they should pay for them...
    Since I'm already in the dungeon and I've already did part of it I prefer to finish it even if the run is not prefect (especially NW where last two bosses are one after another and there is a chance for a mount). I prefer to play with ppl close to my skill (that's what Rio is for) but it's not the end of the world if we end up with someone who is worse then the rest of the team (unless it makes us unable to finish the dungeon).

Dunno. If they build it around a matchmaking system that takes into account rio it might work somehow.

The nice thing about LFsomething is that you can continue doing what you were doing instead of being stuck spamming applications for ages and waiting. It would simply be an alternative to the actual manual method.

It would be also nice if with new rio will come also some automated statistic infos on players. For example average dps of the player on that M+ level (only finished dungeons in time or not will be taken into account). For me for example this value is far more important than rio, 9 runs on 10 i fail in pug are due to dps not dpsing.

could be nice, we can currently put a required ilvl, will we be able to put a required score now? sounds sweet.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

Rio is a great tool to find players who are on the same page. The problem is that people use rio to find players who are way ahead and can carry their group. It's this smooth brain way of thinking "big number good, bigger number gooder". Inviting the highest rio possible won't make your run go smoother. The best runs are always in groups where all players have about the same experience. A similar score with a similar amount of dungeon runs. That will be a great, chill run.
    If you invite some 2k rio player into your +12 key, that's just asking for disaster to happen. For you that +12 might be progression, for him that +12 is a heroic dungeon. You'll go into that dungeon with a completely different mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah, that is a bullshit statement. Some can have a high rating and suck, some can have a low rating and be better than the ones with a high rating.
    The exception proves the rule.

On average a higher rio player has more knowledge and performs better. The anecdotal exceptional player with low rio who outperforms everyone else in the group is not an argument against rio. It just means you found a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Rio is a great tool to find players who are on the same page. The problem is that people use rio to find players who are way ahead and can carry their group. It's this smooth brain way of thinking "big number good, bigger number gooder".
    Would like to quote this for truth because it’s basically the biggest issue with rio in pugs.

But again there’s no solution unless you artificially prevent people with “too higher rio” to apply to M+ way below their rio level (that’s not going to happen for a ton of good reasons of course).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Would like to quote this for truth because it’s basically the biggest issue with rio in pugs.

But again there’s no solution unless you artificially prevent people with “too higher rio” to apply to M+ way below their rio level (that’s not going to happen for a ton of good reasons of course).
    Talk about making up issues.

If a person with busted RIO/ilvl wants to apply to a group that is far beneath his station, don't see how is that an issue. Maybe they want to just cap vault ezpz or test a build. It's all down to player agency.

It's a two way street - you know very well rio of group leader you apply too and once you're in you can do a quick glance at party members and bail if you don't want to carry too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

This isn't a problem that needs a solution. If people want to carry others, then let them.

I don't think it's a particularly rampant problem to begin with, but there are also plenty of situations in which it is perfectly appropriate anyway; what if someone with 1.8k score wants to run some 2s for valor? It shouldn't be expected that he'd wait until he found similar people who happen to also want to run baby keys.

This scenario isn't super common and it's not harming anyone. It's also something that if someone really is obsesively worried about grouping with someone who got carried at some point, they can solve by checking someone's past key groups.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Talk about making up issues.

If a person with busted RIO/ilvl wants to apply to a group that is far beneath his station, don't see how is that an issue. Maybe they want to just cap vault ezpz or test a build. It's all down to player agency.

It's a two way street - you know very well rio of group leader you apply too and once you're in you can do a quick glance at party members and bail if you don't want to carry too much.
    It’s an issue because as I said yesterday he contributes to “steal” the spot towards an average dude that could perfectly do that level of difficulty but has “only proper rio instead of insane rio”.

If graduated people massively apply for basic jobs not requiring graduation, how ppl without graduation are supposed to find a job? Of course it’s an exaggeration but follow the idea.