View Poll Results: do you use mouthwash w/alcohol daily? do you never get sick?

Voters
17. This poll is closed
  • no i dont use / no i get sick

2 11.76%
  • no i dont use / yes i never get sick

6 35.29%
  • yes i use / no i get sick

3 17.65%
  • yes i use / yes i never get sick

6 35.29%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

do you use mouthwash w/alcohol daily? do you never get sick?

do you use mouthwash w/alcohol daily? do you never get sick?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well not daily more like every other day.
    But I’m uncertain to your last question, you can still get sick from flu/other virus even if you used a mouth washer daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    That correlation do these 2 things have?
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes but not often. I thought mouthwash is just an extra thing that you don't have to do if you brush and floss.

Rarely ever get sick from anything, just a few times in the last decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    That correlation do these 2 things have?
    Alcohol kills viruses so apparently people started using mouthwash more in the last year. However, too much alcohol dries out your mouth and it can hurt your tissue and natural bacterium which can make it easier for bad micro-organisms to infect you.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-04-15 at 08:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Been using Listerine, pretty close to daily, since I was ~22 years old; about 30 years now. Don't believe it has anything to do with me rarely getting sick.

Saw thread title and thought "Man Chicken Drummer was just banned, did he get unbanned already?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Well not daily more like every other day.
    But I’m uncertain to your last question, you can still get sick from flu/other virus even if you used a mouth washer daily.
    Hey I'd be curious to see what studies you have read to bring you to that conclusion. Thanks.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I've used Corsodyl for years & I don't get sick. It's fairly expensive, but I like how it feels so it's worthwhile

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Hey I'd be curious to see what studies you have read to bring you to that conclusion. Thanks.
    Why would mouthwash make you immune from getting sick? It just kills some viruses on contact when it's in your mouth.

...viruses like the flu are airborne and can be caught by inhaling droplets.

Not to do with the question, but a great alternative to mouthwash is homemade salt water.

It disinfects your mouth, destroys plaque and bad breath, heals damaged gums faster, stops toothache if you have cavities and costs almost zero to produce.
    Last edited by Jibjab519; 2021-04-15 at 10:30 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The great study called, Common sense.
    There are multiple ways viruses can enter your body which include mouth, nose and eye ducts

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Been using Listerine, pretty close to daily, since I was ~22 years old; about 30 years now. Don't believe it has anything to do with me rarely getting sick.
    Killing viruses in your mouth by use of mouthwash will definitely reduce the amount you would have otherwise got sick from, but it won't make anyone immune.

Same thing as eating using your hands. Risk of getting sick reduces if you wash them first.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not and I am always healthy...

I just have one thing to add... if there was a land, where everyone had Listeriosis... what would it be called? Listerine?

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Crest Pro Health. That is what you want, OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't use mouthwash.

I do, however, eat a lot of candy, and I'm never sick. Can't remember the last time I had a flu. Or anything at all. So it must be the candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

15+ Year Old Account
    My dentist says Listerine is junk.
    Maybe they are just trying to sell me their mouthwash, but after trying, I like it better actually.
    Strong mint taste with no alcohol and more teeth protection than Listerine.
    And the price is the same.

I never use mouthwash after just brushing my teeth, using it after recently eating instead in between my morning and evening brushes.

Ohh is this that Trump disinfection theory, just without the bleach. xD

I heard if you use this type of mouth wash you don't have to wear a mask because when you exhale you create a aura of anti infection. If everyone did it the whole world would be covered in this aura and we would have beaten all diseases. This would trigger the aliens landing and humanities joining of the galactic federation. A new era for our race. But it's all being held back by mask believers. Mouth wash haters. So this is the planet we deserve.