Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Question How to do I politely question strange people in our subdivision?

Hey guys,

I dont want to be labeled a bigot or have people cause issues because I am curious about strangers in my subdivision. The subdivision I live in is relatively small with less than 70 homes so I just about know everyone here. We have a bike path and running trail connected to it. Nonetheless, you can tell if someone "doesn't belong". I know if someone is out having a casual stroll or is up to no good. There is no reason for people to linger in the subdivision I live in. I just like to know people's intentions and whether I need to call the police or not if they act dodgy. So how do I ask?

Why do you need to question them if you know they are up to no good already?

And if they are up to no good and you do question them, do you think they are going to tell you they are dealing drugs or plotting to murder someone?

You don't. It's none of your fucking business. If you suspect foul play, you call the police.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mind your damn business or call the cops if you think someone is actually suspicious. Maybe practice some introspective exercises are figure out why you're so scary despite actual logic and reason.

You have no right to question or detain someone just because you don't know them or because you don't think they should be there. And they are not obligated to acknowledge your existence.

If someone is actually up to something, do you think it's smart for you, to question them? Do you have so magic power that will make them just turn around and rethink their life decisions? Or is someone looking for trouble more likely to harm you if confront them?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't. If you can't handle people leave.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Just ask them what they're doing. The worst that's going to happen is someone tells you to fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    Just ask them what they're doing. The worst that's going to happen is someone tells you to fuck off.
    Worst that could happen vis they are a cop and they don't know the difference between a dog leash and a gun and you get shot.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjab519 View Post
    Why do you need to question them if you know they are up to no good already?

And if they are up to no good and you do question them, do you think they are going to tell you they are dealing drugs or plotting to murder someone?
    I know they wont tell me outright but innocent people will at least answer me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    I haven't and wouldn't. Why should I give up my right to mind my business to someone afraid of their shadow?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

I dont want to be labeled a bigot or have people cause issues because I am curious about strangers in my subdivision. The subdivision I live in is relatively small with less than 70 homes so I just about know everyone here. We have a bike path and running trail connected to it. Nonetheless, you can tell if someone "doesn't belong". I know if someone is out having a casual stroll or is up to no good. There is no reason for people to linger in the subdivision I live in. I just like to know people's intentions and whether I need to call the police or not if they act dodgy. So how do I ask?
    I geuss you just have to go up to them and talk to them. Ask them where they're from, how they got there, and what they're up to.

My sub-division has some old retired people who are bored so if they see any outsiders and loiterers they'll go talk to them all day or if the strangers look shady they'll tell them about how there's cameras around and make them feel unwelcome.

There's rarely ever a problem though. Has there been a string of thefts or crime in your area lately? If not then the strangers are probably harmless.
    We have a bike path and running trail connected to it.
    That's good if it's just people exercising and being healthy but if the path comes in from a bad area then you could block it off with gates.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-04-15 at 11:28 PM.

lol no. if a stranger come to me asking my business, the most polite answer will be a good'ol "i cazzi miei" ("my dicks" in italian)
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

You don't. It's none of your business what they are doing there.

- - - Updated - - -

I would tell you to fuck off it's none of your business.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

5+ Year Old Account
    This type of topic isn't a good idea. This is closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."