Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    He "both-sided" the question on whether people should get the vaccine, expressed gladness the NFL isn't mandating the vaccine (I'm fine with this part), but then made the hilariously un-legal argument that mandating said vaccine would go against the Constitution. Which it doesn't.

So of course, Buffalo blew up. Living in the center of the Billsmafia can sometimes be hazardous for your health, it was a minefield all day. I think most of it stems from whether you'll need to show up to the Ralph this fall (I refuse to call it Highmark) with a vaccine card or a negative test, and people being pissed about that potential policy.
    Oh. So basically a non issue for those few of us who don't use twitter.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Kinda sad.

Julian Edelman is still trying to play and still trying to come back from knee problems that started 2 years ago. So far it seems things have not really progressed to where he could be relied upon.

So it looks more and more that he's either going to retire or be forced to retire cause the Patriots don't put him on the 53 man roster after training camp.

Love that squirrely dude and the heart with which he played, but if this is what it has come down to, then please just do what's best for your body and don't try to force it any further.

I suspect he's still going to continue to try though and report for training camp etc. and MAKE Belichick take the decision instead of having to do it himself.

Patriots just released Edelman with a failed physical.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1381702367754747904

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Patriots just released Edelman with a failed physical.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1381702367754747904
    And people are already trying to find him a new team.

Just let the guy retire already.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    And people are already trying to find him a new team.

Just let the guy retire already.
    Yep. Knee is still not right, 5 months after surgery. If the Patriots had thought he'd be able to get through the '21 season they would have kept him no doubt.

He should just rest and get his body right so he can be there for his family in old age and not be a half crippled mess.

I'm going to call it now that he ends up in Tampa Bay as their 6th receiver.

Or not, he retired. His knee must be really bad.
    Last edited by Grube; 2021-04-12 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    I'm going to call it now that he ends up in Tampa Bay as their 6th receiver.

Or not, he retired. His knee must be really bad.
    Yep, officially official now. He tweeted a small video of himself announcing it.

Sad days.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the retirement is now official. https://twitter.com/Edelman11/status...22282570170373

Figured it was happening when he was released for "failed physical." If he was just released maybe not. Still shame on the people that honestly wanted him to keep playing even on that knee.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw how well Aldon Smith played in two early games against the Rams and Seahawks and was surprised to later hear he had a pretty "meh" season overall and the Cowboys weren't keeping him. Now he signs with Seattle, the only team he put up decent numbers against.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Now he signs with Seattle, the only team he put up decent numbers against.
    Funny how that often happens. Remember the Patriots screwing themselves with that with Mike Gillislee (yeah, who?) a RB from the Bills that we signed to an offer sheet, cause he had gashed us several times. Dude didn't amount to anything for the Patriots and is out of the league now.

Sure looked great when he was playing against us though. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how that often happens. Remember the Patriots screwing themselves with that with Mike Gillislee (yeah, who?) a RB from the Bills that we signed to an offer sheet, cause he had gashed us several times. Dude didn't amount to anything for the Patriots and is out of the league now.

Sure looked great when he was playing against us though. xD
    I had forgotten about him until I saw one of his handful of carries for the Saints during the Drew Brees replays on nfl network.
    /s

Alex Smith is retiring, probably the best move for his body there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alex Smith is retiring, probably the best move for his body there.
    Definition of a player having time to change the narrative of being a bust. Hi career pre and post harbaugh couldn’t be more different. He didn’t get enough appreciation his final few playing years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Definition of a player having time to change the narrative of being a bust. Hi career pre and post harbaugh couldn’t be more different. He didn’t get enough appreciation his final few playing years.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I wouldn't call Alex Smith a bust. An average QB that if in a different set of circumstances we'd have a much better narrative.

Chiefs franchise records
    Most rushing yards by a quarterback, season: 498 (2015)
    Most consecutive passes without an interception: 312 (Week 3–Week 14, 2015) 2nd all-time in NFL history
    Career rushing yards by a quarterback (1,672)[166]
    Career rushing touchdowns by a quarterback (10)[167]
    Highest completion percentage, season (min. 200 attempts): 67.1 (2016)[168]
    Highest completion percentage, playoff game: 77.3 (vs Texans 2015–16 Wild Card Round)
    Lowest percentage passes had intercepted, career (min. 500 attempts): 1.5[169]
    Highest completion percentage in a game (minimum 20 passes): 86.4 (Week 6, 2016 against the Oakland Raiders)

He ended up in Washington. Brady would have been a dud there in that dumpster fire like Smith.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean those Chiefs records will all fall, and by a large margin, by the time Mahomes' current contract is up.

And that's going to be half of his legacy. In SF he was benched for Kaepernick, in KC they drafted Mahomes to replace him. Everywhere he went he was always the 2nd option, even when he was the starter.

The other half of his legacy will be the Comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean those Chiefs records will all fall, and by a large margin, by the time Mahomes' current contract is up.

And that's going to be half of his legacy. In SF he was benched for Kaepernick, in KC they drafted Mahomes to replace him. Everywhere he went he was always the 2nd option, even when he was the starter.

The other half of his legacy will be the Comeback.
    He was benched due to a concussion and Kaepernick took over. Then when it was time for Smith to come back Harbaugh was a dumbass like always and did not put the QB back that was achieving really good numbers and passer rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    He was benched due to a concussion and Kaepernick took over. Then when it was time for Smith to come back Harbaugh was a dumbass like always and did not put the QB back that was achieving really good numbers and passer rating.
    Really good numbers and passer rating means nothing if you can't generate points or stretch defenses. Case in point: Kurt Cousins, the more recent version of Alex Smith.

If this is about 2012, their passing offense wasn't good with either QB.

I can't wait for the draft to be over, the media is very dumb.

Now that people are figuring out the underwear olympics are extremely pointless outside of meeting with players, I hope they move the draft earlier in the year.

I can't wait for the draft to be over, the media is very dumb.

Now that people are figuring out the underwear olympics are extremely pointless outside of meeting with players, I hope they move the draft earlier in the year.
    Yeah the draft really gets worse and worse every year with the amount of time spent on it. The amount of impact most of these players have in year 1 is minimal and many of them are complete whiffs. QBs being wrong over and over is a theme that amuses me at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty easy to tune out the draft, I don't pay much attention to sports media during offseasons anyway.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Really good numbers and passer rating means nothing if you can't generate points or stretch defenses. Case in point: Kurt Cousins, the more recent version of Alex Smith.
    But I still wouldn't label Alex Smith a bust with the likes of Leaf and RG3 and others. I'd postulate that if you took Smith and switch Brady we'd be talking about Smith and the GOAT and Brady was the QB that could have done so much more.