Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[Potential spoilers]Sylvanas, the Convergence of the Shadowlands, and the Great Truth

So, with Sylvanas being the last encounter in the Sanctum of Domination, I think it's safe to assume there will be a cinematic after we defeat her. It's too important character to just die or escape and for the encounter to end anti-climatically. Her placement within the tier structure also implies there's going to be some big lore reveal, since most if not all end bosses are very important in pushing the plot forward.

Even before Shadowlands released there's been guessing if Sylvanas is truly evil, or if there's a greater picture we fail to understand. She speaks about the cycle she and the Jailer want to break, she's seen things she doesn't want to talk about. Devos during Spires of Ascencion says that she's learned of the great injustice thrown upon the Jailer, but also upon the whole Shadowlands.

Looking at Sylvanas short encounter journal entry:

What we'll see there? Keep in mind that, for now, we've seen a very limited portion of the Shadowlands. We were allowed to see only what the Fatescribes wanted us to see, nothing more. The whole of Shadowlands so far seems a bit too structured, to ordered than I'd imagine.

Do you think that, at the end of Sylvanas encounter, at the Convergence of the Shadowlands, she'll reveal the truth (if there is any) to us? Or is she going to learn of that truth herself, realizing that she's been a pawn?

The way I imagine it is that we've been lead by the Oribos attendants the way they wanted us to use, but not for a good reason, just for their reason. That the scope of the Shadowlands and its mysteries makes it hard for us, mortal beings, to fully understand, and at the Convergance we'll be able to witness the Shadowlands in its entirety, or maybe even beyond that, and we'll realize there's no good or bad side.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this "convergence" will end up being that point where the top of Torghast meets the veil to Azeroth, where the top of ICC is as well.

we'll probably learn more about why she thinks she's in the right, but that doesn't stop her from being evil
    I suspect we'll also learn about why the Jailer was originally imprisoned and how he managed to turn his prison into his kingdom. for now the Jailer has very much been in the shadows, we've seen Denathrius and Sylvanas pushing his agenda but even if Sylvanas survives this patch (I hope not, but I can't see her pawn Shitecaller outlasting her) she'll be beaten and have had to flee from us... there may or may not be another raid tier between the Banshee and her boss but either way they'll have to build up either the Jailer or a new right hand of his for the next patch

Stage One: A Cycle of Hatred:
    "We have forgotten what makes us strong."
    Players battle against Sylvanas atop Torghast while the Jailer remains elusive.

Upon reaching 80% health, Sylvanas chains all players with [Domination Chains], then casts [Rive], destroying the tower itself.

Sylvanas enters [Banshee Form], taking to the skies to waylay players' persuit of the Jailer as he ascends. Thrall and Jaina lend their aid by casting [Call Earth] and [Channel Ice], respectively, but must be kept free from interruptions while doing so.

Sylvanas follows the players' traversal, greeting them for the final showdown between Death and inevitability in the Jailer's master plan.

So I assume Jailer is trying to ascend to the Oribos. Cinematic may take place in Oribos...

EDIT: Yeah he is going to Seat of the Arbiter https://imgur.com/gallery/FfqGR7P
    Last edited by HeraldofSargeras; 2021-04-15 at 12:49 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing to keep in mind.. dont overthink this.

We all know you have to think obvious that is what blizz does. Its a 12+ game. So dont come with overcomplicated expectations and ideas. It will onky dissappoint you in the end.

We all know she's gonna have her redemption eventually, no fucking surprise from the brain-dead blizzard writers as usual
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Stage One: A Cycle of Hatred:
    "We have forgotten what makes us strong."
    Players battle against Sylvanas atop Torghast while the Jailer remains elusive.

Upon reaching 80% health, Sylvanas chains all players with [Domination Chains], then casts [Rive], destroying the tower itself.

Sylvanas enters [Banshee Form], taking to the skies to waylay players' persuit of the Jailer as he ascends. Thrall and Jaina lend their aid by casting [Call Earth] and [Channel Ice], respectively, but must be kept free from interruptions while doing so.

Sylvanas follows the players' traversal, greeting them for the final showdown between Death and inevitability in the Jailer's master plan.

So I assume Jailer is trying to ascend to the Oribos. Cinematic may take place in Oribos...

Thank Stiven for the pic btw. Without him, I would never have made that Imgur post and shown the entire planet the Jailer's true intentions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    We all know she's gonna have her redemption eventually, no fucking surprise from the brain-dead blizzard writers as usual
    We literally know nothing of the battle's outcome outside of the fact that the Jailer's likely going to claim the final sigil and destroy our asses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    One thing to keep in mind.. dont overthink this.

We all know you have to think obvious that is what blizz does. Its a 12+ game. So dont come with overcomplicated expectations and ideas. It will onky dissappoint you in the end.
    Literally everyone knows what's gonna happen.

End of 9.1: Jailer wins and becomes ruler of the Shadowlands.

9.2: Jailer tries to claim reality for himself, and also Life. We battle to save both Reality and the Cosmic Force of Life.

End of 9.2/9.3: When this happens is unknown, since we don't know if SL will have 2 patches or 3, but essentially we defeat the Jailer, we save the cosmic balance between Life and Death, and ALL THINGS FINE AND DANDY...

Till 10.0.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Thank Stiven for the pic btw. Without him, I would never have made that Imgur post and shown the entire planet the Jailer's true intentions.

- - - Updated - - -

We literally know nothing of the battle's outcome outside of the fact that the Jailer's likely going to claim the final sigil and destroy our asses.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally everyone knows what's gonna happen.

End of 9.1: Jailer wins and becomes ruler of the Shadowlands.

9.2: Jailer tries to claim reality for himself, and also Life. We battle to save both Reality and the Cosmic Force of Life.

End of 9.2/9.3: When this happens is unknown, since we don't know if SL will have 2 patches or 3, but essentially we defeat the Jailer, we save the cosmic balance between Life and Death, and ALL THINGS FINE AND DANDY...

Till 10.0.
    The expextations have always been higher and people come up with crazy theories that never see fruitation, but results into dissapointments.

Facts bro lol

But honestly I have seen your caps posts last few days and screaming like you figured it all out. Lmao, I just hope you are wrong in the end just for the giggles.

Idk man 10,0 will not be out for a long time, i try to live in the now anyway and dont care that much either, we will see what happends.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-04-16 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    no way...she did worse things than garrosh,zero chance they do this....not everyone is an illidan

The remorseful look she gave at the chains patch cinematic already gives away that she isn't dying now. Either Azshara 2.0 or "dudes, I was on your side all along and we must save Manduin and stop the Janitor" moment incoming.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

3+ Year Old Account
    I've been saying it for a while. We defeat Sylvanas but then the Jailer launches his invasion of Azeroth. 9.3 is on Azeroth fighting back the Scourge and Shadowlands forces. Possibly with revamped Northrend zone(s).

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post

I think that Oribos will be destroyed. You can actually see a ruin of a city like Oribos in Korthia.
    And seeing the footage of Tazavesh makes me think that this is too detailed to be just a dungeon. There are Mail boxes and i saw a building perfect to be a bank.
    My guess is Oribos will be destroyed in 8.1 and a cleared out Tazavesh will be our new main city.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    I think that Oribos will be destroyed. You can actually see a ruin of a city like Oribos in Korthia.
    And seeing the footage of Tazavesh makes me think that this is too detailed to be just a dungeon. There are Mail boxes and i saw a building perfect to be a bank.
    My guess is Oribos will be destroyed in 8.1 and a cleared out Tazavesh will be our new main city.
    Honestly that would be a very, very cool twist, suddenly changing the city/main hub mid expansion, i`m onboard

That would be cool, but my crystal ball says no. Too much work for the current team that is already behind scheduale.

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    Honestly that would be a very, very cool twist, suddenly changing the city/main hub mid expansion, i`m onboard
    Actually I could see it in this expansion specifically. Usually the problem with these ideas before have been that the expansion cities have been too detailed and filled with stuff to really abandon midway.
    However Oribos is really just the absolute bare-bones of a city, the only thing it really has is the flightpoint nexus between the zones, but they could easily be moved to somewhere else.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I've been saying it for a while. We defeat Sylvanas but then the Jailer launches his invasion of Azeroth. 9.3 is on Azeroth fighting back the Scourge and Shadowlands forces. Possibly with revamped Northrend zone(s).
    You are overthinking this. Revamped northrend realy?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-04-16 at 09:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul View Post
    Azshara 2.0
    Ditto.

Down to her surviving and so on. They won't let her die off.

3+ Year Old Account
    Are there any screenshots of the ruined cities? Sounds interesting
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

At this point it's starting to become obvious that "the Purpose" is some kind of mechanical order set up by the First Ones, and that the Jailer and Sylvanas just want to break free from it in the name of free will and self-determination.

The Jailer is Illidan 2.0