Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

9.1 Spoilers A character of the past returns

Even though is hard to find his datamined model, the dreadlord Mal´Ganis will make an appearence in the next patch.

What roll you do think he will play?

It's fairly obvious, but in what role is the bigger question. I would wager if he was an operative of the jailer he's getting tortured for massive failure as he was essentially the "retainer" of the Lich King and he let him go rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There is also an updated model for Uther (appearing alive and in his Lordaeronian armor) - it may be that 9.1 contains some form of content related to WC3, perhaps some form of playable reenactment including Mal'ganis' model.

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There is also an updated model for Uther (appearing alive and in his Lordaeronian armor) - it may be that 9.1 contains some form of content related to WC3, perhaps some form of playable reenactment including Mal'ganis' model.

I wish they'd give us a Timewalking dungeon similiar to Culling of Stratholme.

5+ Year Old Account

Yeah, that was the model more unexpected to me. I think it could be the other part of Uther soul that was absorb by Frostmourne and we see in wrath. Because is a to high ress model to be use only in flashbacks

What's up with the hair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    What's up with the hair
    Thats how his hair looks in lore?

There's a scenario in Andorhal for the Kyrians, it may well be a flashback with Mal'ganis and Uther. Or something involving, anyway, as Mal'ganis wasn't at Andorhal itself, it was Kel'thuzad.
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2021-04-15 at 12:39 PM.

I am more concerned about something else - Varimathras. If dreadlords work in hand with the Jailer and Sylvanas - why did he warn us about her during the fight in Legion?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Probably a flashback related to cleansing Bluther of his memories or healing his wounds or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

CoT jumps out first.

But wasn't Mal'ganis' mission to establish the Scourge? Probably still deceiving the Legion, then, I guess. Maybe gets hunted by Uther in place of Arthas.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I am more concerned about something else - Varimathras. If dreadlords work in hand with the Jailer and Sylvanas - why did he warn us about her during the fight in Legion?
    I also want to know this.

Actually the story in WotLK becomes a bit more interesting. Was Arthas controlled by Jailer and dreadlords? Was he part of their plan? Was it their plan to bring Arthas down? If not then what was Malganis doing? Was it their plan to bring Sylvanas into their team? Or was it a decision they made after Arthas was killed? Was the Undercity coup during wrathgate a plan of Jailer? If so then what was its goal? Or was it something Burning Legion ordered and the dreadlords couldn't stop? Did Jailer expect it to be succesful, or did he know it would fail and Varimathras was sacrificed?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Trying to reconcile the Dreadlords' role in the plot up to now with their new lore as being agents of the Jailer all along is a thankless and completely pointless task I recommend to no one. Especially since even the game seems to be drawing back on this very slightly, what with the PTR text describing them as being loyal 'only to Sire Denathrius' and them freeing Denathrius which the Jailer had given up on.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Trying to reconcile the Dreadlords' role in the plot up to now with their new lore as being agents of the Jailer all along is a thankless and completely pointless task I recommend to no one. Especially since even the game seems to be drawing back on this very slightly, what with the PTR text describing them as being loyal 'only to Sire Denathrius' and them freeing Denathrius which the Jailer had given up on.
    Curious what Denathrius think when he hears Zovwal had already given up on him. Sounds more like he will escape and gtfo. Not realy some one who we will see in a future raid this expansion. He would be stupid if he did and he isnt stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Curious what Denathrius think when he hears Zovwal had already given up on him. Sounds more like he will escape and gtfo. Not realy some one who we will see in a future raid this expansion. He would be stupid if he did and he isnt stupid.
    Denathrius is a weird one to speculate on. If he, not Zovaal, is the dude the Preface is addressed to, then he was the one having Death run interference agains the Void, fuck over Sargeras, etc.. not the Jailer. He also has the Dreadlords to bail him out where his buddy (brother?) ditched him. We know Blizzard didn't have long term plans for him but let him live because of the VA. That frees the character up a bit. He'll definitely feature, but I don't see him being a boss again. While I don't think they'll go in the direction, if we assume Denathrius is the one to have the Dreadlords run sabotage on the cosmic powers and that whatever the Jailer was locked up for is some kind of reveal, combined with his expanded role, it could be that Denathrius set his brother up.

What I figure is likelier though is that the Jailer just didn't tell Sylvanas that Denathrius would be busted out, for the Doylist reason that the cutscene was made before they decided to expand Denathrius and the Watsonian one that Sylvanas isn't actually in his confidence the way Denathrius was, given how what they think the Jailer's plan is is very different.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2021-04-16 at 12:10 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Denathrius is a weird one to speculate on. If he, not Zovaal, is the dude the Preface is addressed to, then he was the one having Death run interference agains the Void, fuck over Sargeras, etc.. not the Jailer. He also has the Dreadlords to bail him out where his buddy (brother?) ditched him. We know Blizzard didn't have long term plans for him but let him live because of the VA. That frees the character up a bit. He'll definitely feature, but I don't see him being a boss again. While I don't think they'll go in the direction, if we assume Denathrius is the one to have the Dreadlords run sabotage on the cosmic powers and that whatever the Jailer was locked up for is some kind of reveal, combined with his expanded role, it could be that Denathrius set his brother up.

What I figure is likelier though is that the Jailer just didn't tell Sylvanas that Denathrius would be busted out, for the Doylist reason that the cutscene was made before they decided to expand Denathrius and the Watsonian one that Sylvanas isn't actually in his confidence the way Denathrius was, given how what they think the Jailer's plan is is very different.
    like I said he will probably just escapes and will not be a boss in shadowlands anymore. He will be arround because hes popular. Ez.
    I think blizzard not having further plans for him is kinda shortsighted imo. Reason for that is that all VA were probably already recorded earlier so they had enough time to think if they wanted him stick around or not. The dreadlord hints were in pretty early as well. So I think they had some of that 9.1 story in mind already. So I dont buy they it was a last minute thing.

The only question realy is if denathrius knows that Zovaal ditched him and if so, how will he respond and how will he act. How zovaal ended up in maw will likely feature the Archon more.. just a guess tho.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-04-16 at 01:54 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Maybe Varimathras boi was still salty with Sylv, after all she mistreated him quite badly, and his posterior coup failed miserably.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I also want to know this.
    Because none of this was decided during Legion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Maybe Varimathras boi was still salty with Sylv, after all she mistreated him quite badly, and his posterior coup failed miserably.
    Yes, and that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Funny how Sylvanas, Varimathras, and Kel'thuzad all ended up working for the same people in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.