Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the new voice is too breathy and soft. old voice was cutting and sinister. new voice is just some edgelord.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Makes you realize how few lines he had when both old and new can fit in such a short video... too bad silly americans can't just move on with the new guy without upending all the work of the previous one. It's not like any would've noticed or cared.

Didn't think we'd get ingame r-io without ingame meters to go with it. Ridiculous really.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noremorze View Post
    Oh look, the deplorables crying about cancel culture again. People like you is why people don't come forward.
    No, that is a pathetic statement.

Don't really care about the voices either way. But still another step towards feelings being more important than facts.

Remember folks! It's only harassment if the guy is ugly and/or poor! If he's rich and/or a hunk, it's called flirting with confidence!

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    New guy doesn't really hit the same as the old voice, but it was the same with Medivh when they switched him too. Not a big deal.
    They brought back Medivh's original WC3 voice actor, Michael Bell, for Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm and Legion. TBC is the only instance where Medivh is voiced by Cam Clarke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    How is it difficult to grasp why people are against cancel culture?
    "Cancel culture" is not even a thing. It's business as usual, like it has always been.

The only reason it's talked about, is because people are actively looking for them now. Because some influential enough people got "canceled", and whined hard enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    No, that is a pathetic statement.

Don't really care about the voices either way. But still another step towards feelings being more important than facts.
    The only "feelings over facts" I see here are people losing their minds and crying themselves into dehydration because a voice actor who was a super creep lost a gig.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    Somethimes I just pray that PC Culture will find some nasty things about Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Linus Torvalds, Samuel Hurst, Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee, Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, Evan Williams, Mark Zuckerberg, and some other big Inventor names that complete this Internet / Hardware / Software social interaction as a whole, so the PC Cancel Culture cult can stop using all of those hardware and softwares, mediums and devices, so we could live in a normal/human world where we KNOW there is good and bad, but we know how to approach that, by selecting what is good from everything and everyone and canceling/repairing/acknowledging what is bad from everything and everyone.
    Maybe it's just that none of those people are weird sex creeps.

It's amazing how many people want to die on the hill of defending sex creeps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    The allegations against Quinton Flynn are ridiculous. There is no evidence what so ever. Ruining a man's career like this is a joke.
    There's an audio recording and numerous accusers who have provided separate screenshots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Remember folks! It's only harassment if the guy is ugly and/or poor! If he's rich and/or a hunk, it's called flirting with confidence!
    Quinton Flynn is a pretty big and successful celebrity in the world of voice acting, so.... try again?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Who cares if the voice actor of Kaelthas has allegations against him (from the article linked looks like nothing was illegal?). The voice actor =/ the character in the video game. This is so retarded.
    It becomes harder to prepare for voice recording when your voice actor might end up in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Can we please stop cancelling people that early? Nowadays I feel like everyone thinks he is a detective.

There will be an investigation and a trial if necessary. I know that with sexual assault/grooming years ago, it is very unlikely that even a guilty person will be convicted. But what should we do?
    Announcing people guilty, just based on accusations, is imo, very dangerous for a democracy. That is what dictatorships do.

Also, if you think that this is so wrong.... Feel free to come up with a better system, to decide guilt in these cases.
    Being a creepy pervert isn't a crime.

Ya'll are fucking out there. Where did you get the idea that we go to court just to prove someone is a weirdo?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pper View Post
    Imagine that you can only come forward with something like that if the person you accuse is getting cancelled immediately
    What use is it to the victim? why can't you wait until a real court of law reaches a verdict?

Anyone on twitter paused his witch hunt until it was proven true? You better believe you will get destroyed if anyone accuses you of anything on twitter way before your countries judicial system can clear you of your charges
    What would "proven true" look like? Maybe voice recordings, multiple independent accusers with screenshots, and the accused himself resorting to bizarre "I WAS HACKED" defenses? Because that already happened. You guys picked the wrong hill to die on with this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yas-Queen Rochana View Post
    Most often it's the people who claim they don't do it or get the most upset about others doing it, who are secretly doing it themselves.
    Let me wrap my head around this logic: It's not the people defending this behavior that approve of it... it's the people who don't approve of it that actually approve of it?

Rock solid logic buddy.
    -ynnady

All i have to say is to leave justice to the courts.
    I am not confortable with verdict before trial.

I don't see the point in altering the old lines. It's disrespectful of the work the original VA did, regardless of his alleged behaviour outside the studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    "Cancel culture" is not even a thing. It's business as usual, like it has always been.

The only reason it's talked about, is because people are actively looking for them now. Because some influential enough people got "canceled", and whined hard enough.
    Actively looking? It's usually MSM or news post like these that produce titles such as "removed due to allegations". Believing it's a thing or not is sort of irrelevant as well... you know what people talk about, yes? It's the fact that allegations = guilty in the public eye. You saying it's business as usual, doesn't change the fact that a lot of people do think that it's wrong that allegations is enough to warrant someone to be fired or removed quickly. All that is saying is that you don't care about it, others do however and for good reasons. A lot of "bad things" throughout history has been "business as usual" so that's not even an argument to begin with.

I personally don't like it where society is heading when it comes to things like this. People being so quick to pick sides and demand actions rather than stepping back and take in information and make a decision. That goes both ways, both the ones defending the actions same as the ones condemning it.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-04-16 at 12:15 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Actively looking? It's usually MSM or news post like these that produce titles such as "removed due to allegations". Believing it's a thing or not is sort of irrelevant as well... you know what people talk about, yes? It's the fact that allegations = guilty in the public eye. You saying it's business as usual, doesn't change the fact that a lot of people do think that it's wrong that allegations is enough to warrant someone to be fired or removed quickly. All that is saying is that you don't care about it, others do however and for good reasons. A lot of "bad things" throughout history has been "business as usual" so that's not even an argument to begin with.

I personally don't like it where society is heading when it comes to things like this. People being so quick to pick sides and demand actions rather than stepping back and take in information and make a decision. That goes both ways, both the ones defending the actions same as the ones condemning it.
    If your kids went to a school where there was a teacher who was accused by multiple girls of sexually harassing them, there were screenshots of his DMs to them, and there was an audio recording of him saying sexual things to a girl, would you tolerate his presence in the school for one single second after that? No, you wouldn't. You wouldn't sit there pontificating about the need for a trial and his right to be around your children until the courts prove something. Get a fucking grip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    All i have to say is to leave justice to the courts.
    I am not confortable with verdict before trial.

I don't see the point in altering the old lines. It's disrespectful of the work the original VA did, regardless of his alleged behaviour outside the studio.
    Very little he is accused of is potentially a crime. He is mostly just accused of being a really creepy, pushy weirdo that leaves girls creepy sex messages and texts. That's not necessarily a crime, but it's certainly enough to warrant not wanting your brand associated with him.

Or do you think there should be no such thing as firing someone for anything but a crime?
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    Always good to see allegations are enough to insta cancel somebody instead of waiting for it to be true but hey ho cancel culture is the hype nowadays innocent until proven guilty is just a joke from the past to most people now.
    There are audio recordings of him making highly inappropriate sexual comments.

There are also MANY claims against him. He's not famous enough to attract that level of attention if there wasn't something in it.

That's enough for it not to be unreasonable of Blizzard to want to disassociate from him.

What would constitute an acceptable level of proof of it being true for you?

10+ Year Old Account

As I previously said, Blizzard has been working with this guy for a long time now. They know this guy better than you or myself, and whether there might be merit to these allegations or not. The "side" I'm picking, is the one where Blizzard is able to make decisions for themselves, and whether or not working with this guy might potentially hurt their reputation or not. Blizzard is not obligated to offer a job for him. I doubt this decision was made on a whim. Blizzard is like any Triple-A cunt these days, where money is everything. And deciding to replace all of his voice-lines comes with a cost.

This is not a situation where society is heading anywhere in particular. It's what it has always been, as I said. A business doesn't want to be associated with a person anymore. That's all there is to this story.
    Last edited by Santti; 2021-04-16 at 12:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

The new voice actor isn’t bad. It’s a bit jarring at first, and the original VA does have a distinct sneering, sinister, creepy tone to his lines the new one is not quite up to. For new players, or even people who just haven’t heard the lines often enough to have it really stand out it’s not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    If your kids went to a school where there was a teacher who was accused by multiple girls of sexually harassing them, there were screenshots of his DMs to them, and there was an audio recording of him saying sexual things to a girl, would you tolerate his presence in the school for one single second after that? No, you wouldn't. You wouldn't sit there pontificating about the need for a trial and his right to be around your children until the courts prove something. Get a fucking grip.
    Sure, you put up a specific scenario when I talk about broader picture of allegations. Not really comparable.
    It's like you coming up with a scenario of a murderer killing my three kids and me wanting to kill the mfer even though I'm against the death penalty. "lol you would want to kill this dude if this happened to you" probably yeah... but there's also a reason why victims should rarely decide the fate of someone. It's why you are not allowed to kill someone unless it's in self defense even if they killed someone you hold dear. It has to do with what kind of society you want to live in.

In your situation, ignore the evidence(also requires verified evidence), because that surely changes things dramatically. Lets say there was just allegations, no proof of any sort that have been posted to anyone or anything. I would call for a temporary leave during the investigation of the ordeal. That way you remove them from the victims if true for protection but not yeeting someone before we even know they are guilty or not.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    You cannot groom underage people... and be suprised if they keep the voice messages
    Is there any actual evidence of that?
    After a quick look it seemed to be women. And again nothing illegal. Just dumb fans falling for someone famous.

10+ Year Old Account
    New voice is terrible. Those puritans are ruining my game. Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Is there any actual evidence of that?
    After a quick look it seemed to be women. And again nothing illegal. Just dumb fans falling for someone famous.
    Brands might not want to be associated with a creepy weirdo regardless of the legal status of his actions.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    As I previously said, Blizzard has been working with this guy for a long time now. They know this guy better than you or myself, and whether there might be merit to these allegations or not. The "side" I'm picking, is the one where Blizzard is able to make decisions for themselves, and whether or not working with this guy might potentially hurt their reputation or not. Blizzard is not obligated to offer a job for him. I doubt this decision was made on a whim. Blizzard is like any Triple-A cunt these days, where money is everything. And deciding to replace all of his voice-lines comes with a cost.

This is not a situation where society is heading anywhere in particular. It's what it has always been, as I said. A business doesn't want to be associated with a person anymore. That's all there is to this story.
    Sure absolutely. Anyone can do whatever they want. Same as I can voice my opinion on it... I don't like it, and the fact that it's "business as usual", as you say, makes it worse. I wish we head away from this business because in the end this also hurts real victims. Because extreme measures on one side often results in equal extremes on the other. I think you can't deny that in any allegation case or, hell, any criminal case that's ongoing often leads to 2 sides harassing each other... I just wish that wasn't a thing. That includes death threats to victims as well as the accused and sometimes even violence... all because people made up their mind instantly.

As I said, it's all about the society you want to live in, if you are OK with this, sure... I don't agree with it though.
    also, to clarify, I've been talking about allegations and cancelations on quick notice in general rather than this specific case if that wasn't clear.