Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Why still? I have always and am I still playing WoW because it is fun!

I love the competitive co-operative aspect of WoW! Raiding! M+!! Pushing yourself with like-minded people. It is awesome!!!
    Love the enthusiasm! Raiding ftw!

Yep, collecting is what I do https://www.dataforazeroth.com/leade...mpletion-score So I probably fall into the same but different grouping as

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistered View Post
    For the pride of being high in RIO/ilvl/DPS scores?? So what? What u remember after a game night?? Your scores instead of your class character progression.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Tell me one good reason why solo challenges must not have equal rewards in a MMORPG, with the exception of expansion bosses(aka raids). Just one! What? I heard for not being mandatory??? What about Mythic+ then????
    Tell me one good reason why instead of classes getting more powerful through expansions, to have a new grindful system every 2 years that brings in the long run nothing to the table.
    Sorry but i laugh at those ppl advocating this "its MMO". The funny thing is that those ppl who advocate the socializing inside WoW, are the SAME who love Ilvl and RIO... 2 feats that make ppl elitists and antisocial inside the same game they encourage you to "be more social"
    Hey dude, can you tell the class what the second M in MMO stands for?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Hey dude, can you tell the class what the second M in MMO stands for?
    Can you tell me what RPG stands for? How much roleplaying do you do?

3+ Year Old Account
    The problem here is why those "classic" feats have faded along the way, only to be replaced by this "numbers and statistics" approach. Where is the MoP class design? Why instead of further developing the class, to have burrowed systems like covenants etc. Where is the option of rewarding yourself by doing a solo challenge. An MMO is not a game which forces you to group, but gives you the option to make friends and do stuff together (which only on Raids/dungeons makes sense btw). Where is the solo q option of doing rated PvP stuff? Why we have this cancer lfg system, where you can w8 for hours and everyone will leave after a loss in arena. This game with all this lore and fantasy (initially) deserves far better.
    WoW has literally ALWAYS been based around group play as far as end game goes. Always. Even dungeons on your way to end game are and have always been based around group play. Even since release of vanilla, the game was riddled with group quests. WoW has never been and was never supposed to be skyrim or dark souls. It has always been and will always be MORE MMO and less RPG.

Yes i do play for fun. And do you know what is fun? Mythic raiding and mythic+ beyond keystone master is. You know? The GROUP content, THE SAVING GRACE OF ALL, op seems to despise so hard.

The most fun in massive MULTIPLAYER online role playing games comes from the MULTIplayer aspect.

If you want to play SOLO content, then go play any OFFLINE open world single player games

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun is an illusion nowdays. After Legion, i felt hooked up for the idea of SL. That execution though...
    a) ZERO class fantasy: No class related quests. No class tiers. Idiotic class priority covenant selection (because fairies and warlocks match). 10 years now, mostly the same class spells(pruned in the way)/different dmg rotation...
    b) NO REWARD SYSTEM. Only for PvPers. Rest, rng above rng and this happens rarily. Mythic+ runs with a high chance of no loot at the end. World quests with max 194ilvl gear. Raid bosses loot, once in a blue moon. Absolutely IDIOTIC 9.0.5 valor system with only mythic+ burning to get value from it. Torg'hast with ZERO character progression rewards. And with this, goes the
    c) WE FORCE YOU TO GROUP. THE CANCER OF ALL. Where the RPG element in this game??? Why a good solo challenge like Torg'hast has 0 gear loot? As i am forced, if i want to gear up, to do raids (which for me, along with dungeons and PVP, are the only true reasons to group up), I WANT ALSO TO BE ABLE TO DO SOLO CONTENT FOR MY PROGRESSION AND IF IT EXISTS, SO I WANT TO BE REWARDED FOR IT. They say they don't want it to feel mandatory. So what? I didn't ask for better loot than raids/pvp. Why this autism of repeating dungeons again and again (aka Mythic+) rewards loot then???

I really dont get why the majority of people play this game anymore. For the pride of being high in RIO/ilvl/DPS scores?? So what? What u remember after a game night?? Your scores instead of your class character progression.

P.S i play since Vanilla, and i found this game awesome at its
    first 8 years. This game now reminds me a Meditterenean Public Company, where the employers are burning by doing the same thing every day and only watch about the numbers.
    Of course I play for fun, why would I else play the game? If it wasn't fun, I wouldn't be putting in the weekly hours.

And no, I don't feel forced to do content except dungeons, raids and PvP - which is common and if it feels forced, then the game style isn't for a person anyways.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    WoW has literally ALWAYS been based around group play as far as end game goes. Always. Even dungeons on your way to end game are and have always been based around group play. Even since release of vanilla, the game was riddled with group quests. WoW has never been and was never supposed to be skyrim or dark souls. It has always been and will always be MORE MMO and less RPG.
    I mentioned carefully that i dont want the same rewards of a Mythic Raider because end game bosses need cooperation. But i cannot stand a LFR environment or RBG where u go afk and be rewarded, as opposed to for example TC layer 8 and get a silly mount. I will not say its hard, but just reward something ffs.
    Yea i remember Vanilla and group questing. I also remember that i did them with pleasure because i had a 100% drop or something cool and meaningful for my class. I had to work for something. And in later expansions even an unfortunate raid week i knew that im closer to my goal. Try do this now if you are not PvPer

Fun is an illusion nowdays. After Legion, i felt hooked up for the idea of SL. That execution though...
    a) ZERO class fantasy: No class related quests. No class tiers. Idiotic class priority covenant selection (because fairies and warlocks match). 10 years now, mostly the same class spells(pruned in the way)/different dmg rotation...
    b) NO REWARD SYSTEM. Only for PvPers. Rest, rng above rng and this happens rarily. Mythic+ runs with a high chance of no loot at the end. World quests with max 194ilvl gear. Raid bosses loot, once in a blue moon. Absolutely IDIOTIC 9.0.5 valor system with only mythic+ burning to get value from it. Torg'hast with ZERO character progression rewards. And with this, goes the
    c) WE FORCE YOU TO GROUP. THE CANCER OF ALL. Where the RPG element in this game??? Why a good solo challenge like Torg'hast has 0 gear loot? As i am forced, if i want to gear up, to do raids (which for me, along with dungeons and PVP, are the only true reasons to group up), I WANT ALSO TO BE ABLE TO DO SOLO CONTENT FOR MY PROGRESSION AND IF IT EXISTS, SO I WANT TO BE REWARDED FOR IT. They say they don't want it to feel mandatory. So what? I didn't ask for better loot than raids/pvp. Why this autism of repeating dungeons again and again (aka Mythic+) rewards loot then???

I really dont get why the majority of people play this game anymore. For the pride of being high in RIO/ilvl/DPS scores?? So what? What u remember after a game night?? Your scores instead of your class character progression.

first 8 years. This game now reminds me a Meditterenean Public Company, where the employers are burning by doing the same thing every day and only watch about the numbers.
    Isn't it too late to talk about it? This problems started to happen in Cata with all that Crab's "heroic 5ppls aren't for casuals".

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    >do u still play videogames for fun
    ?? why else would i?

a) theres a lot of class fantasy imo, sets, buffs, unique abilities, maybe its bc i dont really like grinding quests that i cant relate to your 'class quest->game fun'

b) personally dont think theres a lot of rng, at least not compared to previous expansions. especially considering the valor system and vault system, and im pretty sure mythic dungrons guarantees an item per dungeon? not sure. besides, a videogame like wow with no rng wouldnt be fun

C)'s "reee im forced to group" & "i played since vanilla and it was awesime" dont sound like opinions that usually go together, but whatever. either way its an mmorpg xd
    im cool pls respodn

Idk, im playing in a very friendly guild so game is still very fun to me despite content draught. I often find myself casually helping someone in lower keys or doing some glory achieves, while chatting in discord. Sometimes we push a +19-20 with my team. Apart from that i do RBGs just for the sake of it and still got 3 bosses to kill in M Nathria. So I dont even notice the anima farm for example. I just get it as a bonus for playing the game.

Shadowlands is actually in a very good state compared to BfA despite people's efforts to prove otherwise. You are not required to grind anything or do any boring content whatsoever. You just actually play the game with friends. The problem however is that when you are a toxic asshole who constantly flames on forum about game's current state, you prolly dont have any friends. But then again, it's not game's fault, isn't it?

I WANT ALSO TO BE ABLE TO DO SOLO CONTENT FOR MY PROGRESSION AND IF IT EXISTS, SO I WANT TO BE REWARDED FOR IT. .
    This reward structure does not belong i World of Warcraft, there are so many great single player RPG's out there.

People in WoW will always go for the 'Path of least' resistance when gearing their character, so if you have solo (viable) gear progression then that will become the new gearing meta, and that would be so awfull. Imagine logging in to play with your friends, but grinding solo is more efficient so you are gonna do that yuk

10+ Year Old Account

Actually, the people who cares about any of those things are a quite small minority of the playerbase.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Can you tell me what RPG stands for? How much roleplaying do you do?
    I mean, the RP is built into whatever race you pick. It's built into the quests you do. It's built into WoW's character style and storytelling. There's a very vocal minority on this forum who want WoW to be a single player game with a MMO attached; clearly Blizzard would prefer a multiplayer game with some single player activity.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I mean, the RP is built into whatever race you pick. It's built into the quests you do. It's built into WoW's character style and storytelling. There's a very vocal minority on this forum who want WoW to be a single player game with a MMO attached; clearly Blizzard would prefer a multiplayer game with some single player activity.
    By that logic multiplayer is playing on a server where other people are playing, too. So where is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    By that logic multiplayer is playing on a server where other people are playing, too. So where is the problem?
    Please read the last sentence of my post. I don't care to repeat myself.

Obviously I play for fun. If I hadn't fun I wouldn't be playing. It seems instead that too many people play for all the wrong kind of reasons like they "must", then they complain their experience is bad.

And obviously fun is subjective. For someone is progress, or PvP, or pet battles or collecting xmogs etc.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "I Quit/WoW is Dead" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead