Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I don't mind the new voice actor but the "For....Quel'thalas" when you defeat Kael at Tempest Keep the old one much better voicing that line. He sounds shocked, surprised, and sad, while the new one is just barely any emotions.
    My favorite voice acting moment in WoW.

The VA is one of the reasons why Kael is my all time favorite character in the Warcraft universe, such a good voice.

MMO-Champion's comment section was merely a setback.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Let the motherfuckers burn! Let em all burn!" I look at american shitfuckery and keep uttering these lines in my head. Just a bit more and the empire of USA falls!

I wonder how much money Blizzard had to waste to be politically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    You say it like using your status to help get laid is an awful thing, when probably 99% of humanity has been doing that since the dawn of time. Not only that, the vast majority of women will only hook up with people they perceive as having status.

Sounds like he's flirting with them and they're trying to frame it in the most negative light possible for whatever reason.

Looks like another cancel culture victim sadly.
    99% of humanity has been abusing power dynamics to use coerce people into sex and "the vast majority of women" apparently are incapable of developing emotional bonds outside of status assessment? Riiiight...

I mean, it's kinda laughable how wrong you are on every point.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2021-04-16 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Just because something isn't illegal or isn't something able to be reported to the court doesn't mean its not deplorable behaviour that a company if able to freely distance themselves from because they choose too.

Its not illegal for me to do a lot of things that if I did would leave me outcasted and despised by the majority of people in public or 'Cancelled'.

Cancel culture statements are just stupid. Every time someone faces repercussions for the actions they chose to do, people claim its cancel culture. We used to call it consequences. Its just become a new buzzword to lump anyone who disagrees with them into a 'bad group' category.
    the point i was trying to make, which you missed, is that whether he is a scumbag human being or not is irrelevant, i haven't seen/heard the evidence against him to i can't and won't comment on that, what i was trying to point out to the person i was quoting and arguing with, was that 'cancel culture' is 'fine' when the person is beyond doubt guilty of the things they are accused of and it's something that can make the lives of people better in that instance, when it's baseless accusations against people because 'feelings' (like so many Americans these days use as a metric for whether to end someone's life or not), and my overarching point is that regardless of what you think of the person it shouldn't have any bearing on their job work and if they did a good enough job in the past all of a sudden to try and rewrite history (as we are seeing in the geopolitical landscape of the world right now), it doesn't make things just go away, and i'm sick and fed up of seeing the same rabid morons calling for 'insert person here' to be 'cancelled' because of this stupid twittersphere ecosystem that now exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyote View Post
    once again i am not claiming that he is not guilty but he should be innocent until proven otherwise, and i am fine with blizzard cutting ties with him but dont cancel fictional creation coz artist done something...
    It doesn't really have anything to do with whether or not he did something illegal. There's plenty of evidence to show that he used his fame as a voice actor to sleep around with fans. While it has historically been a pretty common thing for famous men to use their fans for sex, it's pretty much akin to you hiring someone and then having them use their job to sleep with a bunch of customers. It's unprofessional and clearly leads to unhealthy behaviors and relationships, and Blizzard is perfectly justified to cancel their association with him over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmophile View Post
    gotta love when people go on about "innocent until proven guilty" nonsense. That's a legal parameter. If someone murders someone on camera, they are legally innocent until "proven guilty." That doesn't and shouldn't protect them from criticism or social judgment. Also, legal systems fail all the time. Being ruled innocent in a court of law doesn't mean they didn't do the thing they were on trial for.

The guy was recorded harassing people. He did it. That's all you should need to judge him on a personal level (assuming you're a reasonable and good person, at least).
    2 things, first off in your opening statement you contradict yourself, but i overall agree with your sentiment and like i said responding to the person i quoted, it doesn't matter what was said in the recordings, it should have no bearing on his work in the past and that legally because those recordings were likely made without consent and were leaked to the public domain they wouldn't be allowed in court anyway.

i haven't heard or read any of this 'evidence' against this guy but until he is legally reprimanded for his 'crimes' they are all just allegations at worst and his past work shouldn't be erased because of that, regardless of whether i think he is a piece of scum or not, some of the most vile and trash human beings in history have provided 'us' with some of the most memorable art and media, just because i despise the creator of that thing doesn't mean i can't enjoy the 'thing' that was created, same goes here and that's the point i was trying to argue along with my disdain for 'cancel culture' being such a joke and honestly i have had enough of the whole thing.

Gonna leave this here, and say, afterward she did get taken to Court, and turns out she did do this and he won a protection order, not a lawsuit, just simply wanted her to stop stalking him and his family. This is why her page, the source of these accusations, is down; by court order. kiwifarms.net/attachments/3c4ff659-b9e4-40e1-b578-36a6e7dafb56-jpeg.1850957/ *apologies, I had to get a new account and don't have link privileges yet :P

If you dig deeper you'll find it's mostly "old girlfriends", and some jealousy over his current wife(that's the funniest slice of this controversy to read about, lol). Yeah, he was 'sexting', but it turns out it was hiiiighly mutual(and laughably desperate) on both sides. Just stupid adults doing stupid adult stuff. Personally find it immoral, but also this kind of behavior is generally okay in the public nowadays, the only slant is they added 'non-consensual' in their accusation. Even the 'sleazy recording' was a back and forth thing between the two of them, not an entirely unsolicited message.

Not a big change, worthy of some giant 'boycott campaign', but also, not worth making a change. They have the 'right' to do this, but it is just, well, we can acknowledge it's all so silly, right?

*Sometimes I wish I wasn't so inquisitive. Those texts were some of the most cringy things I've read, both from Quinn and from the various women.*

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i haven't heard or read any of this 'evidence' against this guy but until he is legally reprimanded for his 'crimes' they are all just allegations at worst and his past work shouldn't be erased because of that, regardless of whether i think he is a piece of scum or not, ....
    That's the interesting thing about this situation, the only court action so far was in his favor. He got a protection order against the lady who started this.
    Last edited by Dain6foot8; 2021-04-16 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    the point i was trying to make, which you missed, is that whether he is a scumbag human being or not is irrelevant, i haven't seen/heard the evidence against him to i can't and won't comment on that, what i was trying to point out to the person i was quoting and arguing with, was that 'cancel culture' is 'fine' when the person is beyond doubt guilty of the things they are accused of and it's something that can make the lives of people better in that instance, when it's baseless accusations against people because 'feelings' (like so many Americans these days use as a metric for whether to end someone's life or not), and my overarching point is that regardless of what you think of the person it shouldn't have any bearing on their job work and if they did a good enough job in the past all of a sudden to try and rewrite history (as we are seeing in the geopolitical landscape of the world right now), it doesn't make things just go away, and i'm sick and fed up of seeing the same rabid morons calling for 'insert person here' to be 'cancelled' because of this stupid twittersphere ecosystem that now exists.
    You're missing the point. The reason his job should be on the line is because his job is wrapped up in what he did. It has nothing to do with feelings, it's a matter of stopping people from abusing positions of power to coerce sex.

Yeah, the mentality surrounding this has changed a lot in recent years. Nowadays we generally see things like professors sleeping with their students, or employers sleeping with their employees as wrong. Even if in some cases there's no quid pro quo agreement, it's still rightly seen as a problematic situation because of the nature of the relationship. The same can be said for celebrities and their fans. In any other job it would be seen as unprofessional and a fireable offense, but celebrities seem to still function under a different set of rules (probably because most people don't fantasize about being a professor, but do sometimes wish they could be a celebrity).

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    "Let the motherfuckers burn! Let em all burn!" I look at american shitfuckery and keep uttering these lines in my head. Just a bit more and the empire of USA falls!
    Kind of an extreme reaction don't you think?

MMO-C: - Let's ban this topic as it leads to nothing but bickering about cancel culture.
    Also MMO-C:

Most people here couldn't even notice the voice actor change even if their life depended on it.

It sounds like Cam Clarke, although not officially confirmed, who is a fantastic voice actor (Malygos, Nexus Prince Shaffar <3) , no need to bash him for the change.

Cancel culture? He was paid 16 years ago for his voice acting. We've seen other voice actor changes in wow for whatever reason (Lor'themar?).
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-04-16 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Kind of an extreme reaction don't you think?
    Extreme, sure. But it is really entertaining. Seeing a powerful country fall to pieces because of internal discontent. Fascinating and satisfying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Most people here couldn't even notice the voice actor change even if their life depended on it.

It sounds like Cam Clarke, although not officially confirmed, who is a fantastic voice actor (Malygos, Nexus Prince Shaffar <3) , no need to bash him for the change.

Cancel culture? He was paid 16 years ago for his voice acting. We've seen other voice actor changes in wow for whatever reason (Lor'themar?).
    But that is not the same scenario here. It doesn't bother me one way or the other but the prospect of seeing americans tear each other apart, I am enjoying this.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    But that is not the same scenario here. It doesn't bother me one way or the other but the prospect of seeing americans tear each other apart, I am enjoying this.
    Oh, right. I'm with you on that. As an East-Central European we barely stopped beating our kids and wives, so getting called as woke SJWs or Trumpists is basically a breath of fresh air I suppose.

New one is shit, not much else to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Right - "Let the Free Market decide!"

Free Market decides to not work with somebody

The Right - "Oh my God, it's cancel culture!!!"

Seriously, nobody whines more than conservative snowflakes. Well, incel conservative snowflakes whine more. And they are in this thread too!

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    The Right - "Let the Free Market decide!"

Free Market decides to not work with somebody

The Right - "Oh my God, it's cancel culture!!!"

Seriously, nobody whines more than conservative snowflakes. Well, incel conservative snowflakes whine more. And they are in this thread too!
    You don't really get it do you. Letting the free market decide would be to give customers the choice to stop buying Blizzard products if they no long want to support the company. Canceling someone over anonymous allegations in tweets from a since deleted account is not "letting the market decide".

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    You don't really get it do you. Letting the free market decide would be to give customers the choice to stop buying Blizzard products if they no long want to support the company. Canceling someone over anonymous allegations in tweets from a since deleted account is not "letting the market decide".
    You really don't get it do you. Letting the free market decides means companies rise and fall based on the decisions they make. They have made a decision that they believe is best for their business. You now have the choice to support the company or not through your purchases.
    "Cancel Culture" is nothing more than a meaningless conservative fear phrase. Only the mindless sheep fall for it.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Guilty until proven innocent is the new normal apparently.

welp saw this shit show comin...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    Guilty until proven innocent is the new normal apparently.
    welcome to clown world