Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Tell me you're from the US without telling me you're from the US:

"Quinton Flynn's work from more than a decade ago is getting canceled and replaced because of allegations"
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    New one is shit, not much else to say.
    yea i agree its pretty trash....but lets be real KT's voice acting went from garbage to dumpster fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    These people be acting like we in some Orwellian nightmare when in reality its just a case of a company being a company.

"Muh cancel culture, this person is getting hate on Twitter"

Hit me up when the state enforces censorship, then we can talk.
    More than just hate on twitter, but why be honest when you can lie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cancel culture is so cringe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    Guilty until proven innocent is the new normal apparently.
    Even then sometimes people still suffer...look at Johnny Depp, he was found to be the victim and he is still getting cancelled while Amber still has work.

Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    The Right - "Let the Free Market decide!"

Free Market decides to not work with somebody

The Right - "Oh my God, it's cancel culture!!!"

Seriously, nobody whines more than conservative snowflakes. Well, incel conservative snowflakes whine more. And they are in this thread too!
    If we will find that Thomas Edison had some allegations about agressing some womens sexually, all leftist will use candles instead of lightbulbs .. cause "everytime I look at a lightbulb, I feel Thomas Edison sexually agressing me". Who tf are the snowflakes?

Get what is good out of a human being, and punish/jump over what is bad. Pretending that person never existed is the reason humans will repeat the same mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You unironically need to get a life if this actually bothers you

Regardless of if he's guilty or not - Blizzard can do what they like with their property, it's not like he was still getting royalties for a few VAs, so he loses nothing
    It is not about this, it is about applying that logic to everything. They bashed "some" muslims for destroing culture statues, and then the americans do the same with theirs .... that is pure hypocrisy.

And it is not about WoW, it is about anything great a human being can do in life, and then all that good being deleted from existence because he did something bad.

All people do good and bad, some more some less, some get to go to prison to reedem, some don't. But I still think it is pure Idiocracy (2006 movie) like, where we will end up not having internet or windows, because someone finds out that bill gates did something wrong, or elon musk, or whatever.
    Last edited by Kel_Sceptic; 2021-04-16 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I don't know what one thing has to do with the other. If he exhibited this behavior in the workplace, then yes, i agree. If not, then no, i don't agree. How do you even know those people are telling the truth? Being a creep is not a fellony. Everyone has a freedom of speech right in western countries. The problem is acting on it.
    Admitedly, i don't know what he did, but if it's not a fellony and not sexual harassment, i think he has at least a good case on undue fireing. But, yeah the US. Who knows what kind of primitive labor laws there are.
    1. He wasn't fired. Blizzard just declined to contract him further. Nobody is obligated to pay someone who isn't even an employee.

2. Freedom of speech is protection from government, not protection from social consequences.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    The difference being

A) Media is removed from sale all the time because of issues like this. When was the last time you saw "Song of the South" on sale anywhere?
    B) U like those, they're going to be rereleasing Burning Crusade, so this is something they'd have to address.
    https://www.classicmoviesetc.com/son...ab-information

Literally the first hit when you google where to buy.

Deleting things that hurt people's feelings just muddies history. Maybe one day you will understand why cancel culture is so dangerous. Fucking modern day bookburning.

I assume this is more or less Blizz/AV distancing themselves from working with the actor in future SL patches for new content. Prob paid the new voice actor to redo the old stuff and locked him into a contract for future content at a set price to reduce the cost. Double win from the company stand point minus the "cancel culture" fallout.

Aside from this point, you all don't even know why this was done in the first place. There is good odds that the voice lines were redone for consistency purposes with TBC coming out and SL having Kael voiced by a different sounding actor. Working a "redo 3 minutes of dialog from TBC" as a throw in on the new voice actors contract wouldn't be surprising. Instead half the internet jumps to defend the old VA in typical expected fashion. Half of you jump, half of you duck. Sheeps all of you xD

And one last note. I saw a lot of "innocent until proven guilty" comments. What hilarious hypocrisy is this? You don't even know WHY the change was made. Blizzard is guilty in your eyes of "cancel culture" and you DON'T EVEN KNOW the facts. Hypocritical sheeeeeeep.
    Last edited by Darkimpact; 2021-04-16 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    1. He wasn't fired. Blizzard just declined to contract him further. Nobody is obligated to pay someone who isn't even an employee.

2. Freedom of speech is protection from government, not protection from social consequences.
    1. Fair enough. But, the speculation here is because of alegations. Regardless, not renewing contract is a choice on the employer.

Removing the old lines is petty though.

2. Doesn't matter if 1. Was the case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    You don't really get it do you. Letting the free market decide would be to give customers the choice to stop buying Blizzard products if they no long want to support the company. Canceling someone over anonymous allegations in tweets from a since deleted account is not "letting the market decide".
    They're choosing to protect their image to avoid having to deal with any blowback (from customers) for working with the guy. That's what "cancel culture" ultimately is -- companies bowing to pressure from customers.

This is simply a matter of them calculating that it's less of a financial risk to rerecord the dialogue than it would be to leave it in.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-04-16 at 11:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Came to see if people were getting upset that a private company privately made a private decision about their private IP and somehow complain about the government, and yet not the government. Was not disappointed.

don't like the new voice, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused as to how this guy has fans. I muted everything but sound effects years ago and only ever take the game off mute when waiting in a queue AFK. but also, if he's a douchebag and that's why blizz replaced I say good for them. and you can check (at your own risk of being triggered) my post history to see I'm really not blizz's biggest fan.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I love the thread getting shut down by a Mod then a fucking news post about the same subject, almost verbatim word-for-word is posted less than 24 hours later.
    The mods are on par with all the Twitter trash.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

If it's related to the VA's controversy... removing the old lines is kind of petty. I can see them putting a stop to working with the VA going forward, sure, but are people really going to try to burn Blizzard for work done a decade ago?

Actually, this is 2021 and we're on the internet... people absolutely WILL go after Blizzard for a past encounter with someone who's now in hot water. When really, they should be going after Blizzard for having current slimy leadership in Activision and Kotick.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    you mean like you just made a total fool out of yourself with this post, last time i checked the 'court of public opinion' had no legal power whatsoever, meaning that even if it was the scummiest thing you could say possible on that recording, it means absolutely fuck all from a legal standpoint and should be considered 'innocent until proven guilty' as stated by the person you quoted, but hey, i guess you ppl of the twatter generation who just destroy the lives of potentially innocent people because 'mom my feelings got hurt wah wah wah!' etc, it's disgusting and you should be ashamed to be associated with such practices.
    Public opinion is how we judge each other outside of criminal offenses. You don't like it, don't live in a society of people...

Otherwise, enjoy the free market at work and don't think you're entitled to your position in society, get recorded saying awful stuff, then play stupid when you lose your job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AriochIV View Post
    Cancel culture claims another trophy.

Don't cheer... it's only a matter of time before they come for you.
    But why would they come for me? I don't do or say sketch things to people that upset them. Sounds like something a guilty person would say.

Wow this is sad. His voice is so unique. I've played Kingdom Hearts 2 so much and I can't imagine anyone else as Axel, same goes for Kael'thas in WC3. So sad man. I hope these allegations aren't true. I bet Square will hire someone else for Axel too. Fuck.

OMG...

Kael'thas
    is
    ruined...

So
    sad...

My favorite character is no longer the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    If we will find that Thomas Edison had some allegations about agressing some womens sexually, all leftist will use candles instead of lightbulbs .. cause "everytime I look at a lightbulb, I feel Thomas Edison sexually agressing me". Who tf are the snowflakes?
    You're the one making wild hyperbolic statements devoid of rational thought, so you are definitely the snowflake here.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.