Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    No, it was actually the correct timeline.

Nozdormu actually had to change the timeline (something he wasn't allowed to do) by taking the Dragon Soul from a different point in time to ours to have a chance at defeating Deathwing. We basically cheated. Deathwing should've and would've won.

We are living in a 'what if' timeline ever since we diverged from the correct one.
    Ah, okay. So, basically, we're built different, and Nozdorumu is a lad. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Not THAT Deathwing. The awesome Deathwing was the original one that was brilliant, that plotted schemed and infiltrated. That turned people against each other. HE was a great villain. The writers completely destroyed the character by turning him into some mindless crazed idiot in Cata.
    You mean that Prestor dude? lol his Daughter failed to successfully take and kill Anduin, and died to an angry boi with an Elven sword. I'll take Cata Deathwing any day tbh. Tho, pot smoking Deathwing was also nice to see, ngl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The dungeon journal describes End Time as "one of an infinite number of potential outcomes".
    Besides, pretty sure Chronicle talks about OUR timeline being the main one.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    A crazed dragon that wanted to destroy the world cuz Old Gods told him to was best villain?
    What he did to Azeroth was more impressive than what any other villain did yet. So absolutely, he’s the best WoW villain exactly because he was a crazy, super powerful aspect that was driven to madness by an Old God.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What he did to Azeroth was more impressive than what any other villain did yet. So absolutely, he’s the best WoW villain exactly because he was a crazy, super powerful aspect that was driven to madness by an Old God.
    I mean sure, powerful but deep as a puddle. Not to mention what he did to Azeroth was surface damage only, while Team Old Gods created an entire evil empire.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean sure, powerful but deep as a puddle. Not to mention what he did to Azeroth was surface damage only, while Team Old Gods created an entire evil empire.
    I say in WoW, because no other villain did anything similar yet (aka reshape the world).

Sure, in the lore the Old Gods did more impressive things, but we haven’t seen it in WoW. What they did to N‘zoth and the Black Empire in BfA is a travesty of what could have been.

So while I agree that Deathwing wasn’t the most intriguing villain lore-wise, in WoW he was. I can only think of Arthas and Sargeras that had a similar impact yet (which could witnessed in WoW).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Deathwing is gone gone.
    They said that about Ysera too.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    They said that about Ysera too.
    What has changed? She's stuck in WoW's afterlife, gone from Azeroth.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    The lore has been destroyed. None of that End Times matters. And if it decided it mattered again, they'd probably retconned it to hell and / or ruin it.
    Who decided it meant nothing?
    Relisten to what Morozond says.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCSvHJWrG4M

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What has changed? She's stuck in WoW's afterlife, gone from Azeroth.
    We thought she died in Legion and yet she's alive now.. Whether she can go back to Azeroth remains to be seen but i'd bet that she's not bound to Ardenweald.

We thought she died in Legion and yet she's alive now.. Whether she can go back to Azeroth remains to be seen but i'd bet that she's not bound to Ardenweald.
    But she did die, and being sent to the Shadowlands means you're dead. If she's "killed" again her Anima will disperse. It's told in game she is bound to Ardenweald.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think that they brought Ysera back so if the Winter Queen dies, she can be the new leader. Who knows thoughg
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But she did die, and being sent to the Shadowlands means you're dead. If she's "killed" again her Anima will disperse. It's told in game she is bound to Ardenweald.
    Not exactly or did you not know that wild spirits can be reborn? Ysera is a wild spirit, she like the old gods aren't held by the mortal standards of death.

Pretty sure The End Times is a done chapter since oooh... 10 years?

Not exactly or did you not know that wild spirits can be reborn? Ysera is a wild spirit, she like the old gods aren't held by the mortal standards of death.
    Like I said, it's stated she's bound to Ardenweald. There's no going around that. The Winter Queen had to give her own power to keep Ysera's spirit going and that caused her to be bound to the realm.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Awaken_the_Dreamer
    Winter Queen says: You are reborn in Ardenweald, Child of Dreams. To this realm are you bound, and you will share its fate.
    She's a special case for "Wild Gods" where she cannot leave.

- - - Updated - - -

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Court_of_Winter
    Ysera says: I feel a profound connection to this realm. And yet, in my dreams I still soar above Azeroth.
    Droman Aliothe says: You are bound to the Queen, and to Ardenweald, just as I am. Yet I envy your dreams of home.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Catclysm dungeon, Nozdormu became Murozond.
    A fight against Sylvanas, Tyrande, Baine and Jaina.
    Do you think End Times is happening now or after dealing with Shadowlands heralds End Times?

New broadcast text from the returned Primus:Come. There is much to do, and the Shadowlands must know that I have returned in this twilight hour.
    The end time dungeon was literally an alternate timeline where we failed at stopping deathwing, (although i cant remember why he then ended up impaling himself?)
    so no we arnt nearing that...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    No, it was actually the correct timeline.

Nozdormu actually had to change the timeline (something he wasn't allowed to do) by taking the Dragon Soul from a different point in time to ours to have a chance at defeating Deathwing. We basically cheated. Deathwing should've and would've won.

We are living in a 'what if' timeline ever since we diverged from the correct one.
    opposite way around, we are still in the original timeline, we literrally just took the dragon soul from another.

- - - Updated - - -

Not THAT Deathwing. The awesome Deathwing was the original one that was brilliant, that plotted schemed and infiltrated. That turned people against each other. HE was a great villain. The writers completely destroyed the character by turning him into some mindless crazed idiot in Cata.
    They ruined deathwing before wow even came out.
    i remember when blizzard literally wanted to kill him off by having him choke on a cow and then die.
    yeah man old blizzard was the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    What if it's actually an impaled older Wrathion on Wyrmrest temple?
    That would've been Arthas. He shows up several times during the leveling experience to taunt you.

Deathwing just flew by and killed you sometimes. There wasn't much character interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They ruined deathwing before wow even came out.
    i remember when blizzard literally wanted to kill him off by having him choke on a cow and then die.
    yeah man old blizzard was the best.
    When was that planned? I recall that he was originally going to die in Lord of the Clans from having his fire-breathing organs clamped shut and detonate, but I don't recall anything about him choking on a cow. Do you still have a source?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    New broadcast text from the returned Primus:Come. There is much to do, and the Shadowlands must know that I have returned in this twilight hour.
    I haven't seen others mention it but "Twilight hour" is a phrase and means fading strength or end of an era type of stuff. It doesn't have anything to do with the Twilight cult of WoW and there haven't been any hints of that in any of the lore of Shadowlands.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    When was that planned? I recall that he was originally going to die in Lord of the Clans from having his fire-breathing organs clamped shut and detonate, but I don't recall anything about him choking on a cow. Do you still have a source?
    the lord of the clans point and click game, i thought he died choking on a cow didnt he? or was that just a joke they made and i remeber that as being what killed him.

yeah no ok yeah.
    just wanna point out this was official blizzard lore or was going to be, atleast if the game had released but well... yeah it didnt, do saying old lore was better but then this was also old lore... come on lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the lord of the clans point and click game, i thought he died choking on a cow didnt he? or was that just a joke they made and i remeber that as being what killed him.

yeah no ok yeah.
    just wanna point out this was official blizzard lore or was going to be, atleast if the game had released but well... yeah it didnt, do saying old lore was better but then this was also old lore... come on lol.
    Truer words haven't been spoken. If people think new lore is bad, old lore was worse. The only sad thing is that they still take it a little too seriously at times, but there's some elements that are indicating they're getting better. Seeing Anduin finally snark at Sylvanas, even if for a moment, was a refreshing moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Yes, because of how wibly wobly timey wimey shit works.

The point where we go to fight Murozond WILL happen, because Murozond is shown to have time powers again. He can travel to the failed timeline where the End Time exists in the future, because he can go back in time and "change events" which we then have to go fix.

Basically: Murozond will eventually be made in the future, and will create the Infinite Dragonflight, who will then go back in time to disrupt the past. But because we have already gone back in time to stop their disruptions, we will not have to go back in time AGAIN to stop them - They've already been stopped in our pasts. Their future events are our past events.

If somehow Nozdormu's future death was changed due to him interfering in Deathwing's plot - Then we might have a plot point where End Time is still possible, because the death we caused Murozond doesn't apply to this new, offshoot timeline we created where we avoided the inevitable. But we can't confirm that, as all time travelers are currently powerless, and with Deathwing dead and Murozond's future sealed in our past, there's no possibility that the End Time happens in our future. End Time only happens if Deathwing causes the Hour of Twilight - It's why his corpse is impaled on Wyrmrest Temple, instead of space-dust exploded. End Time only exists if we had failed to stop Deathwing, which we didn't.
    All time travelers aren't currently powerless. Kairozdormu would like a word with you. Also you really should play that dungeon again and pay close attention to what Nozdormu says.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    But what if that impaled "black dragon" is not Deathwing at all but Wrathion?

- - - Updated - - -

But the thing is there is this shadowy image of Ysera being drawn to a shadowy flower. We have no clue what it signifies and what connection it now has since Ysera is in Ardenweald.

- - - Updated - - -

Thrall is back in action here in Shadowlands. Sylvanas, Baine, Jaina, Tyrande.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2021-04-17 at 09:46 AM.