Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Because none of this was decided during Legion?
    Likely the actual truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I am more concerned about something else - Varimathras. If dreadlords work in hand with the Jailer and Sylvanas - why did he warn us about her during the fight in Legion?
    That read more like a mocking "you understand nothing" than a warning to me.

What I'm curious about is, since Zovaal made Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination, did Kil'Jaeden ever question where the Dreadlords got the armor, considering he was the one that ordered Ner'zhuls soul to be placed into it. From what we can gleen, Sire sends his dreadlords to infiltrate pretty much every major cosmic faction in order to sow as much chaos, war and death for the Jailer's long con, and I doubt the Legion was aware of this.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BobAwesome View Post
    What I'm curious about is, since Zovaal made Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination, did Kil'Jaeden ever question where the Dreadlords got the armor, considering he was the one that ordered Ner'zhuls soul to be placed into it. From what we can gleen, Sire sends his dreadlords to infiltrate pretty much every major cosmic faction in order to sow as much chaos, war and death for the Jailer's long con, and I doubt the Legion was aware of this.
    The way the story is being presented now, KJ seems to have been a moron who approved each and every suggestion from his (supposed) advisors, without ever giving them a second thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Funny how Sylvanas, Varimathras, and Kel'thuzad all ended up working for the same people in the end.
    funny how the old lore doent even make an ounce of sense anymore now eh?
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The way the story is being presented now, KJ seems to have been a moron who approved each and every suggestion from his (supposed) advisors, without ever giving them a second thought.
    To be fair, those suggestions worked for hundreds of worlds before Azeroth.

I bet KJ or even Sargeras weren't aware of the Jailer since everything under their control just respawned in the Nether, they probably didn't give the Shadowlands a 2nd thought as long as their goals were met.

Maybe Varimathras boi was still salty with Sylv, after all she mistreated him quite badly, and his posterior coup failed miserably.
    Pretty much this. She wasn't in league with the Jailer when he turned on her and she pretty much led to him being tortured and seemingly driven a little insane so he might have given up on both. Also, shouldn't he be wherever Nathrezim go when they die since he isn't a demon or was he fel saturated enough to count as a true demon. IIRC he was pretty green looking in Antorus. I mean they use that as a gauge in their completely random decisions on demon or not and if they die in the TN or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scrappybristol View Post
    To be fair, those suggestions worked for hundreds of worlds before Azeroth.

I bet KJ or even Sargeras weren't aware of the Jailer since everything under their control just respawned in the Nether, they probably didn't give the Shadowlands a 2nd thought as long as their goals were met.
    And presumably the Titans go somewhere else upon death like they've suggested so Sargeras being a former Titan wouldn't change it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There is also an updated model for Uther (appearing alive and in his Lordaeronian armor) - it may be that 9.1 contains some form of content related to WC3, perhaps some form of playable reenactment including Mal'ganis' model.

i need that armor now

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    That read more like a mocking "you understand nothing" than a warning to me.
    Except by choice or by loss of sanity he gave up on whatever purpose he had according to the adventure guide. He was driven insane, so he no longer cares or is able to care about the Jailer's plans and is only focused on Sylviepoo and us.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I am more concerned about something else - Varimathras. If dreadlords work in hand with the Jailer and Sylvanas - why did he warn us about her during the fight in Legion?
    He didn't warn anyone anything. He threatened us. He essentially implied that Sargeras wasn't shit compared to what Zovaal had in store.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, the new Thrall model isn't a flashback. That's legit current Thrall.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Varimathras boi was still salty with Sylv, after all she mistreated him quite badly, and his posterior coup failed miserably.
    He never said anything bad about Sylvanas, though. All he says is "Huh, she's still at it? Damn, aight. Yeah, Sargeras ain't shit. Y'all gonna get fucked by her and MY BOI!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There is also an updated model for Uther (appearing alive and in his Lordaeronian armor) - it may be that 9.1 contains some form of content related to WC3, perhaps some form of playable reenactment including Mal'ganis' model.

There's dialogue of Mal'ganis being involved in rescuing Denathrius though. So I doubt it's tied to WC3.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    He didn't warn anyone anything. He threatened us. He essentially implied that Sargeras wasn't shit compared to what Zovaal had in store.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, the new Thrall model isn't a flashback. That's legit current Thrall.

- - - Updated - - -

He never said anything bad about Sylvanas, though. All he says is "Huh, she's still at it? Damn, aight. Yeah, Sargeras ain't shit. Y'all gonna get fucked by her and MY BOI!"
    Read the adventure guide entry for him. He pretty much can't say anything except "no, stop, don't hurt me, random jabbering" and hateful things towards the champions of Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There's dialogue of Mal'ganis being involved in rescuing Denathrius though. So I doubt it's tied to WC3.
    Not him specifically IIRC. He's the distraction or whatever he was doing just happened to distract enough for them to make a move.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Not him specifically IIRC. He's the distraction or whatever he was doing just happened to distract enough for them to make a move.
    Read what I said, he was INVOLVED in rescuing Denathrius, if he's a distraction, he's still involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Read the adventure guide entry for him. He pretty much can't say anything except "no, stop, don't hurt me, random jabbering" and hateful things towards the champions of Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Or...you can do the actual raid?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i need that armor now
    Swap the blue garments with red, and it will look !@#$ing dope on my belf pally
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean...

How many Dreadlords have we killed already?
    We even defeated their supposed Sire

Who cares. We'll just beat them again
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I mean...

How many Dreadlords have we killed already?
    We even defeated their supposed Sire

Who cares. We'll just beat them again
    Well, there are like 10 more in Revendreth, 1 with the denizens of Life (Likely gonna try and free Mueh'zala and fuck Life up, possibly in a mini raid or a dungeon), and we have Lothraxion.

As someone who actually remembers the plot of "Thousands Years of War" I can't believe Lothraxion is actually a sleeper agent. He was such a nice guy, like a true bro to Turalyon. Even pled for mercy for Alleria, and Xe'ra was swayed by his and Turalyon's words.

3 possibilities I can think of

1- those are updated models for the caverns of time Strat dng.
    2- Some how Uther is being released from his prison we saw him being taken to in the cutscene and is going to some how become a human again and be..."redeemed" which would be VERY bad writing. Unless him being "blue" has nothing to do with bastion, but he was blue even before he turned "evil" so it looks like he would just become human again... so yeah bad writing?
    3- Flash back, it's clear Arthas is going to play a big part in some form. He's Arthas after all. I could see them doing another Caverns of time event, perhaps we go back in time and piece together all the events that led to Arthas falling from the light. Going to Northrend and finding Frostmourne...Strat...sacking lordareon... etc which would be pretty cool. I always found it weird blizzard just gave up on caverns of time and the infinite dragon flight, they also added a new infinite dragon mount which is odd unless they're bringing them back...i.e arthas instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Trying to reconcile the Dreadlords' role in the plot up to now with their new lore as being agents of the Jailer all along is a thankless and completely pointless task I recommend to no one. Especially since even the game seems to be drawing back on this very slightly, what with the PTR text describing them as being loyal 'only to Sire Denathrius' and them freeing Denathrius which the Jailer had given up on.
    None of this makes sense in the first place.

Illidan consumes the Skull of Gul'dan and spawns wings and horns like a Dreadlord. But now we learn Dreadlords aren't demons and aren't Fel related at all, they're Death related and from the Shadowlands. How does this add up?

And don't tell me it's a one-time thing. Compare Kil'jaeden to Archimonde and his fellow Eredar, he too spawned wings and horns due to Fel magic. Sargeras as well. It's quite a recurring theme actually.

Nathrezim not being Demons and being death related is just a stupid retcon that doesn't make sense. And why flip flop with the decision? First they went from Nathrezim being the only race that could revive themselves and other Demons couldn't, this feat does lend some credibility to the Nathrezim being different from the rest of the Burning Legion. But then they threw that out of the window in Warlords of Draenor by making ALL demons being able to revive in the Nether and saw the return of Mannoroth, Archimonde, etc. Suddenly Nathrezim aren't special anymore. But now in Shadowlands they're special again. Make up your mind!

And why would Kel'thuzad work for the Jailer when his loyalty was with the Lich King? Sylvanas? Why would she willingly work for the Jailer when he's largely responsible for the Lich King / Arthas killing her and turning her into a Banshee?

The writing is really bad this expansion. Worse than alternate dimension Orcs if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    As someone who actually remembers the plot of "Thousands Years of War" I can't believe Lothraxion is actually a sleeper agent. He was such a nice guy, like a true bro to Turalyon. Even pled for mercy for Alleria, and Xe'ra was swayed by his and Turalyon's words.
    I can 100% guarantee he was supposed to be a good guy at that time. It's just current writers creating retcons that alters past characters regardless of their already written backstory and dialogue.