Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    What is the argument against this? What is it special about a raid that you must idle and cannot do anything?
    The simple argument against is that if you could do a WQ while in a raid then you'd be able to do them as a raid as well. Sure they could do some convoluted coding that if you're in X proximity to player/s doing a WQ it would fail, opening up people screwing with you, quests failing etc. It's just easier to say that quests were and always will be for solo/group play, not raid.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is in the game to avoid widespread exploitation and "power-leveling". It remains - it is a necessary evil.

- - - Updated - - -

See above - You are absolutely NOT wrong, but there are bigger issues at play as well - it just opens too many "what if" exploitation potentials. Its really a mild inconvenience.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesnt make it a good suggestion though, to be fair.
    Because you said so? It definitely is a good suggestion that undermines every reason they have for not doing it.

You can't do normal quests in a raid group to prevent people 40 manning quests and making them trivial. Same is true for WQs. I don't see a problem here nor a reason to change it.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Blizzard is just horrible lazy.

they could easily implement a simple feature by something like this:

example 1)
    when more than lets say 3 or 5 ppl in a raid group are in the same zone, the system falls back to what we actually have and the objectives not count and mobs not drop.

example 2)
    when more than lets say 3 or 5 ppl in a raid group are attacking the same mob, the objectives of that dead mob not drops or not count.

result:
    so you can solo work on quests and WQs while waiting for forming a group, but pp can not build raids to easily outperform WQs.

so, why they dont?
    this would mean they have to invest money and can not go the milk-the-cow route there.

or in short: they have to feed Bobby Kotick and therefore still in 2021, after 15 years, you can do nothing besides fishing, while waiting for your raid group to form. yeah baby, professionals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Same with forming RBG/arena groups... whats the point? I have to spend 1h watching the LFG and chat instead of playing the game...
    the simple truth here is this:

when you watched 1hour LFG and chat, your „playing the game“ is what you do AFTER that. or tomorrow. which means you stay subbed.

or in short: its just 1 of many mechanics that stretchens content/playtime. its like drugs: you do not sell the ppl the pure cocaine. you stretch your cocaine with some stuff. Blizz just doing the same and go „technical reasons bla blah“.

here are the top4 reasons why there was no change to this for nearly 16 years:

1)
    ppl play longer. ppl pay longer.

2)
    since this binds ppl longer, the game in a whole needs less content, they have to invest in. when you do your WQs while endless waiting for the next PUG grp, you are going tomorrow: „meh no content, nothing to do.“ when you endless waiting the whole day TODAY for your next PUG grp, you have WQ content to do TOMORROW. yeah, less content needed. and no, this is not trivial. this sums up A LOT when happening for a few million players.

3)
    they have to invest effort and time aka money into a feature that change this behaviour. less dollars for Blizz. no milk-the-cow mode. Bobby and the shareholders do not like that.

4)
    you can not sell such a feature as an eye catching yeah yeah yeah feature on the feature list of the next xpac.

example:
    - shiny cool Allied races
    - shiny cool Covenants
    - you can now quest while in raid

thats like selling something, that has to be there since 15 years, as a feature. that not sounds good on a feature list.

ALL that said, now tell me, from a Blizzard point of view: Why should they do this ?
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-04-17 at 08:44 AM.

As you said.

One thing bothers me though... do they not understand that if they fix this things, more people will sub and they will get more money? Many people leave, because other games have this things as they should be. They prefer wow but just don't want to waste so much time doing nothing... People don't care if content is repetitive(as long as its not to extreme...) as long as you can do it without downtime. Just look at every moba there is... one and the same map for years. The only difference is, instant teaming.
    Last edited by Kauko; 2021-04-17 at 11:20 AM.

As you said.

One thing bothers me though... do they not understand that if they fix this things, more people will sub and they will get more money? Many people leave, because other games have this things as they should be. They prefer wow but just don't want to waste so much time doing nothing... People don't care if content is repetitive(as long as its not to extreme...) as long as you can do it without downtime. Just look at every moba there is... one and the same map for years. The only difference is, instant teaming.
    LOL people aren't going to suddenly start subscribing because they can complete WQ's with a 40 man raid. Let's get real here.

One thing bothers me though... do they not understand that if they fix this things, more people will sub and they will get more money?
    You cant honestly believe that..........
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    What is the argument against this? What is it special about a raid that you must idle and cannot do anything?
    Honestly, not really a big need.

Though I agree with your thread that it could be made possible and then make a solo limitation but that could break raid quest completion which we also have.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    LOL people aren't going to suddenly start subscribing because they can complete WQ's with a 40 man raid. Let's get real here.
    Did I say that?

Easy : people in a large group doing limited content divides the amount of time they need to finish it, reducing the time they play, which makes them less intent on atying in the game.

On top of it, solo player would probably feel bad or might have a hard time actually finishing some quest. If every creature you need to kill dies in a matter of seconds and can't even hit them, you're screwed.
    Also, many players would look for such PUG raids and simply stay idle.

In other words : allowing raids to complete world quests would drastically change the game experience. It's not impossible, it's not necessarily bad, but it's not the direction they want to follow, period.
    Other MMOs have this sort of experience and it doesn't make them any better nor worse, just different.

Because it is raid time and you are part of a team.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    Because it is raid time and you are part of a team.
    Not all raid groups are for raiding. Far from.

No you should get your arse to the raid. Same goes for joining a dungeon group. Drop whatever you were doing and get to the fecking dungeon! Not expect someone else to make the effort to fly there and summon you. Mammy isn't here to wipe your arse for you.

If someone bother to form a 40 people raid for WQ, why can't it be trivial?