Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    But we have to learn from the past also. There was a time when there was enough for someone to claim that a female is a witch, and we know how that went, right ?

If you use critical thinking, use it in balance.
    Heck, we even solve math problems by assuming a statement is false from the start, even if we don't know it is true or not and the truth appears at the end of the problem ... BUT ... in that math problem there is no human being suffering from that assumption.
    Well yeah absolutely, you have to evaluate evidence based on its merits. It's not like I'm infallible or anything, but I try to avoid having any sort of strong opinion on anything until I've actually researched it properly. Sometimes I'm wrong, and then I change my mind

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    If you choose to defend somebody accused of sexual assault, you're also choosing not to take their accuser's claims seriously. You literally can not defend somebody accused of doing something without also implying that their alleged victims are lying. This sort of shit is why women who are victims of sexual assault are afraid to come forward - they get massacred by angry dudes on the internet who accuse them of being lying whores. We're not talking about legal rights here. We're talking about whether you choose to believe victims with credible allegations or not.
    there is no "credible allegations" in this case fam, even the people who create the twitter to accuse him say "the page never did say he did something illegal"

What appears from the news is just that people got some twitters and messages of him being too flirt and thinking he is a rapist, rofl, there is not much, yet cancel culture still going for him anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    You are the one clearly reading what you wanted to read. Look, this thread is too controvertial for it not to be locked up later. All i want to say is that accusing someone of harassment/rape is far too easier that proving the innocence of someone who didn't do the thing. Innocent people rarely get their reputation back, let alone a single apology from the falsely raped/harassed woman. I'm out, I have enough of this shit on twitter.
    Yeah I'm also against people falsely accusing others of crimes. Of course it's easier to accuse somebody of something than it is for them to prove their innocence, but that also applies to literally any accusation, sexual assault or otherwise. I'm open to the conversation around what the most effective way of preventing/deterring/safeguarding against false accusations is, but that's a separate conversation from how we should treat the potential victims of crimes.

The #metoo movement isn't responsible for people making shit up. That's all there is to it. The fact that those two things get conflated says more about a person's stance on how victims of sexual assault should be treated than it does about the movement itself. That's not me doing some overblown Left Twitter shit (Left Twitter can mostly get fucked btw), it's just a reasonable conclusion to draw when trying to work out what possible motivation a person could have for bringing false rape allegations into a conversation about real rape allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there is no "credible allegations" in this case fam, even the people who create the twitter to accuse him say "the page never did say he did something illegal"

What appears from the news is just that people got some twitters and messages of him being too flirt and thinking he is a rapist, rofl, there is not much, yet cancel culture still going for him anyway
    Mate. The man has a platform, which means that he has a parasocial relationship to his following whether he wants it or not. That creates a power dynamic which he needs to be aware of, and treat responsibly. Talk to anybody with a large platform and they'll tell you the same thing. No, it's not illegal to use your platform to flirt with fans, but it's definitely a fuckin creeper move. It's a bit like like getting hit on by your boss - not explicitly illegal unless it crosses a line, but still a bit grim.

Is it right for him to be fired over it? Maybe not, but he knew the risks when he chose to abuse his platform. It's not like Blizzard were going to back him if it all came out.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2021-04-17 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there is not much, yet cancel culture still going for him anyway
    Cause here is were we are all sheeps. Leftists, conservators, w/e, we all argue/debate/contradict, while the problem itself is in the stock world, were companies are actually the ones that take imidate measures to distance themselfs from any "possible wrong", actually treating every human being, employ or not, as pure sheeps.

Having your "life"(carrier) destroyed for a thing that didn't happend is the worse thing, then having your "life"(carrier) destroyed or a bad decision you made along the way. This is exactly why the justice system works the way it works, considering everyone not guilty until proven otherwise. Because a later punishment is still a punishment deserved, while a punishment for NOTHING is the worst case scenario.

Cause here is were we are all sheeps. Leftists, conservators, w/e, we all argue/debate/contradict, while the problem itself is in the stock world, were companies are actually the ones that take imidate measures to distance themselfs from any "possible wrong", actually treating every human being, employ or not, as pure sheeps.

Having your "life"(carrier) destroyed for a thing that didn't happend is the worse thing, then having your "life"(carrier) destroyed or a bad decision you made along the way. This is exactly why the justice system works the way it works, considering everyone not guilty until proven otherwise. Because a later punishment is still a punishment deserved, while a punishment for NOTHING is the worst case scenario.
    But it was his decision, no? I have no love for Blizzard as an organisation, but if you want to avoid losing your job, don't be a creep with women on your very public platform.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Show me a link where blizz says that is why they changed the voice overs?
    Why would they go back to change his TBC voice overs aswell? It's not for consistency because Blizzard doesn't know the meaning of the word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cancel culture strikes again, truly a toxic movement.

No love for people who abuse their position or any sort of behaviour that is considered immoral or indecent.

But if those who call for others being fired or their works being purged were allowed free reign, we would in this day and age be left with very little books, music, games, movies, plays....

Don't re hire the man but going back and changing the voice overs of everything that hasn't even been proven yet is simply in my eyes scoring points with a woke crowd that shouldn't be given any attention to begin with as they are emotionally immature people who generally get a hard on over ruining people lives and care very little about the victim to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Cancel culture strikes again, truly a toxic movement.

No love for people who abuse their position or any sort of behaviour that is considered immoral or indecent.

But if those who call for others being fired or their works being purged were allowed free reign, we would in this day and age be left with very little books, music, games, movies, plays....

Don't re hire the man but going back and changing the voice overs of everything that hasn't even been proven yet is simply in my eyes scoring points with a woke crowd that shouldn't be given any attention to begin with as they are emotionally immature people who generally get a hard on over ruining people lives and care very little about the victim to begin with.
    I mean, valid. Dude is definitely a creep, but as far as I can see he's not done anything so egregious that purging the voice lines is a reasonable response. Now, if it later comes out that there's some serious sexual assault in the mix too, valid - then you run the risk of legitimately triggering his victims with his voice remaining in game. Charitably, maybe this is a pre-emptive move for exactly that situation. Realistically, this is just PR on Blizzard's part to not get caught up in the twitter backlash.

You're absolutely right that the cancel mobs on Twitter for the most part don't give a fuck about victims though, and it's a shame because it's a bad look for leftists as a whole. Left Twitter at this point basically just searches for people to drag as a form of entertainment, and it's pretty sickening.

I always say that this century's problem is just hypocrisy. It is pure Idiocracy.

It always reminds me of the Short film: Alternative Math | Short Film 2+2=22

)

So, what we can conclude from your exposition is that, if you want to be a sexual agressor, one that will not support many repercusions for that, you should just invent something that is really ireplaceble. Something like: cancer cure, immortality pill, teleportation, nanorobotics tissue repairing table, and other stuff like those, some that may become reality, some that will just stay fantasy ... because ... well physics and quantum physics and quantum mechanics. Isn't that pure hypocrisy, saying: "if we can dispense someone or someone's work, we will judge him, if not, well ... he is a genius".
    Not close but thanks for playing. Please tell me what can be done to Edison to rectify the fact that he was a piece of shit trash human being other than get the word out? Dude's been dead for nearly a century. No one can stop doing business with him today in a show of disapproval like companies and business do to let PoSs know their behaviours will not be tolerated and have consequences.

But even if this guy invented a cure for cancer and he was still alive, he would lose future funding and his name would be discredited for being a PoS. Just like Edison's name, but the product created would still serve a valuable purpose to mankind. Chances are he would be removed from his position in which ever lab her worked on and lose his funding.

But then we are talking about an entertainment product. Which is really inconsequential when compared to what the lightbulb did or what a cancer cure would do. Point still remains, people and companies should be hesitant to hire this dude for VA work because he is a predator, as disgusting behaviour he was able to achieve due to his work. If he never gets VA work again, he only has himself to blame. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Why would they go back to change his TBC voice overs aswell? It's not for consistency because Blizzard doesn't know the meaning of the word.
    Uniformity.

- - - Updated - - -

But it was his decision, no? I have no love for Blizzard as an organisation, but if you want to avoid losing your job, don't be a creep with women on your very public platform.
    Exactly. This is really the free market saying we don't want your shit.

cancel culture is ruining society

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Uniformity.
    Nah, it's way more believable that they did it because of the allegations.

Blizzard like any other corporation just looking for a publicity stunt. Same as the idiots who declare that they will no longer use the words whitening and black

"Oh look, we remove the work of a person who later on got accused of something not proven and maybe not even illegal" but shitting on people with products like War3 refund is totally fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasn View Post
    cancel culture is ruining society
    won't someone think of these poor voice actors, comedians, television/film actors and movie producers!?

The new voice is far better, imo. Sounds a lot more regal and less snivelling. Never really liked Kael's voice in WoW before... then again, Blizzard kinda ruined his character in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Well,you absolutely should defend anyone accused of anything until they are proven guilty. Everyone deserves to be defended until they are confirmed and proven guilty,no matter what the accusations are.
    This is pretty much my mind set on it, I despise accusation=fact logic, we need cyncisism to protect people who are innocent from this kinda crap because yes, believe it or not, like it or not people can be accused of something they didnt do and end up being prooven innocent of it.

This is a publicity stunt from blizzard to keep face, do not mistake it for an act of good will, it never is.

If he turned out to be innocent all along they wouldnt give him his job back because the assosiation would be too "Risky" its the nature of how two-faced companies are these days.

And a company that condemned free Hong Kong while doing something as deadpan and stupid as this is honestly beyond saving.

The cringe shill tier is showing and im gonna be blunt, I dont care if your left or right, if you actively support cancel culture, you're beyond help.

But what comes around goes around and stuff like that has a nasty habit of biting the people that cancel others in the ass eventually, and this is exactly why cancel culture is so bad, it creates nothing, destroys everything, divides culture, race, sex, gender, and ideals into camps and makes it a us vs them logic of "the public is right because everyone agrees".

Let me ask you this, have you ever been bullied? In a schoolyard, no seriously, have you? Because if you have, you'd know why its so rhetorically dumb to agree with cancel culture, when everyone says "bob is a bad guy" and starts chanting/laughing about it, its only funny until you become the next target.

Remember, this stuff is destructive for a reason, so? Yeah, uh, your an idiot if you agree with the fundamental rule that "Accusation=Proof" Proof=Proof, end of story.
    Last edited by CaptainV; 2021-04-17 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, valid. Dude is definitely a creep, but as far as I can see he's not done anything so egregious that purging the voice lines is a reasonable response. Now, if it later comes out that there's some serious sexual assault in the mix too, valid - then you run the risk of legitimately triggering his victims with his voice remaining in game. Charitably, maybe this is a pre-emptive move for exactly that situation. Realistically, this is just PR on Blizzard's part to not get caught up in the twitter backlash.

You're absolutely right that the cancel mobs on Twitter for the most part don't give a fuck about victims though, and it's a shame because it's a bad look for leftists as a whole. Left Twitter at this point basically just searches for people to drag as a form of entertainment, and it's pretty sickening.
    Honestly even if he did something that bad i am still not in favour of purging his past work.

Why? because if we use that line of thinking and apply it to all past works of other people you would have to end up with a big cultural purge.

Let's go even further and as society we accept that is the norm and in the future something happens and our morals change again to the point where we deem things like homosexuality a crime, as morality are rules decided by society (not saying that homosexuality is the same as sexual assault but i am sure someone will try real hard to read that into this hence pointing it out). We could based on finding such actions okay to start purging works from homosexual people.

In short i really feel while this is private company their right to do whatever they want with their intellectual property what they want i do find this to be the case of throwing out the baby with the bathwater. And sadly there's not much we can do about that as the last thing you want is the government to step in and decide what's valid and what is not as what took place and is still happening in China since said Cultural "revolution".

Left twitter, right twitter, centrum twitter and you may replace twitter with instagram, facebook, youtube etc are all places where uninspiring people hang out and try to crap on others to make themselves feel more important for a second. Social media in general was a good idea but it's just trash now due to how it's monetized and that should get the shit taxed out of on global scale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Exactly. This is really the free market saying we don't want your shit.
    The notion that the majority of the player base would be aware of this and even more care about this to this extend is a laughable claim and you know it yourself.

In all honestly if it wasn't posted on mmo-c i wouldn't be aware of it and i would be better of for it, as such cases are not to be held in a public trial, especially not in the cesspool of humanity called twitter.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Honestly even if he did something that bad i am still not in favour of purging his past work.

Why? because if we use that line of thinking and apply it to all past works of other people you would have to end up with a big cultural purge.

Let's go even further and as society we accept that is the norm and in the future something happens and our morals change again to the point where we deem things like homosexuality a crime, as morality are rules decided by society (not saying that homosexuality is the same as sexual assault but i am sure someone will try real hard to read that into this hence pointing it out). We could based on finding such actions okay to start purging works from homosexual people.

In short i really feel while this is private company their right to do whatever they want with their intellectual property what they want i do find this to be the case of throwing out the baby with the bathwater. And sadly there's not much we can do about that as the last thing you want is the government to step in and decide what's valid and what is not as what took place and is still happening in China since said Cultural "revolution".

Left twitter, right twitter, centrum twitter and you may replace twitter with instagram, facebook, youtube etc are all places where uninspiring people hang out and try to crap on others to make themselves feel more important for a second. Social media in general was a good idea but it's just trash now due to how it's monetized and that should get the shit taxed out of on global scale.

- - - Updated - - -

The notion that the majority of the player base would be aware of this and even more care about this to this extend is a laughable claim and you know it yourself.

In all honestly if it wasn't posted on mmo-c i wouldn't be aware of it and i would be better of for it, as such cases are not to be held in a public trial, especially not in the cesspool of humanity called twitter.
    Players aren't the free market in this example. Blizzard is if this is the reason they did not bring him back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Nah, it's way more believable that they did it because of the allegations.
    I know, i was giving alternate possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post

But what comes around goes around and stuff like that has a nasty habit of biting the people that cancel others in the ass eventually, and this is exactly why cancel culture is so bad, it creates nothing, destroys everything, divides culture, race, sex, gender, and ideals into camps and makes it a us vs them logic of "the public is right because everyone agrees".

Let me ask you this, have you ever been bullied? In a schoolyard, no seriously, have you? Because if you have, you'd know why its so rhetorically dumb to agree with cancel culture, when everyone says "bob is a bad guy" and starts chanting/laughing about it, its only funny until you become the next target.
    Cancel culture indeed increases the division between people and makes things worse in the long run, good that you bring up bullying as there appears to be some correlation between people who got bullied and now enact their vengeance on society and others through such movements.

People part of such movements also no know shame, you see that by the quite numerous white people declaring what is offensive for the people of colour. Which is very colonial of them.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    won't someone think of these poor voice actors, comedians, television/film actors and movie producers!?
    They can always go work a minimum wage jib if they can't work in their field for fucking things up for themselves.

There is no cancel culture, you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. How come Illidan voice actor is still fine? How about Khadgar? do i need to go on?