Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    not wrong.

And just because you think it's shit doesn't mean it is shit.
    So you have a problem with it being a challenge because- why? Out of principle?

Nice talk we had here. I guess you are just ignorant?
    No? I have no trouble with challenges? I did KSM twice, I did Curve, I did this, I did the Mage Towers, I did Challenge Modes. My problem is with how utterly lopsided it is. Again, to repeat myself: some classes and specs can utterly faceroll it to the point that it's literally not a challenge (Tanks and BM hunters), other classes and specs can scrape by just barely, which would be the actual challenge, and some classes specs just bump into a wall altogether.

A challenge for all players is actually meant to be a challenge for all players, not ridiculously trivial to some and painfully hard or downright impossible for others. I feel like a lot of the people being smug and going "git gud" right here are the former category.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    No? I have no trouble with challenges? I did KSM twice, I did Curve, I did this, I did the Mage Towers, I did Challenge Modes. My problem is with how utterly lopsided it is. Again, to repeat myself: some classes and specs can utterly faceroll it to the point that it's literally not a challenge (Tanks and BM hunters), other classes and specs can scrape by just barely, which would be the actual challenge, and some classes specs just bump into a wall altogether.

A challenge for all players is actually meant to be a challenge for all players, not ridiculously trivial to some and painfully hard or downright impossible for others. I feel like a lot of the people being smug and going "git gud" right here are the former category.
    Who is it impossible for tho? According to this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1527079208 every class have managed to do it now. Obviously it's alot easier for some classes than others, but most challenges usually are. And that's only after 24 hours of it becomming "public" knowledge on mmo-champion. Will most likely see alot more reports of it being done in the next days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Who is it impossible for tho? According to this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1527079208 every class have managed to do it now. Obviously it's alot easier for some classes than others, but most challenges usually are.
    Show me your holy priests, feral druids, outlaw rogues that did it.

And it's not just easier, it's downright not even a challenge for some. They may as well be doing an elongated world quest. What a "challenge."

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Just because someone did it, doesnt mean it was easy faceroll.
    Saying that its retarded.

I did it on a dh vengeance 202ilvl and it was not easy at all.
    Sorry to tell you, but of all classes and specs, doing this as a vdh or a BM hunter is easy mode, although obviously even if you're a tank you can't trot in there with subpar ilvl and murder it all. Do you main a VDH?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ilvl 222 MM hunter here.

I was able to get the Slime Serpent without switching to beast mastery because I am stubborn. Here's how I did it.

-Trash: I just ran and feigned every so often. Tentacles apply a nasty dot if no one is around so for that I feigned + stone form as a dwarf. Others may just have to kill the two tentacles on the way before Professor.

-Domina: I tried following Durendil's strategy of outranging the ambushers, but I would randomly reach a point every time where I would just suffer massive damage even with optimal positioning, so I have no idea what went wrong. I followed another guide on Youtube that essentially required you to put your back to the tower's door and kill the boss there. When ambushers come, use feign death AFTER their blade has gotten to you. This way they de-aggro. Burn the boss as fast as possible and repeat every time ambushers come. I won with 7% health remaining or something

-Stradama: easy. Pop cds at the start so you will have them in p3. Having one add in p1 is ideal so try to burn her to 66% asap. Always get in the slime circle created by the adds because otherwise you get huge damage. Also stay on the edge of the circle opposite to the boss because otherwise she will insta aggro you and whack you.
    Phase 2 is the hardest because you have to get to 33% without any cds. Adds are a priority and getting in the circle is a must. I ended this phase at about 40% hp left and with 4 adds spawning, but 2 of them died without circles, luckily.
    If you get through, you are basically done. Survive the tentacle slams, dish out your hero pet, and hero + pot + all cds when she shows her ugly mug. She will melt very quickly (literally, lol). Go back, take the teleporter to the surface, and pet the gross boi to get the mount.

A challenge for all players is actually meant to be a challenge for all players, not ridiculously trivial to some and painfully hard or downright impossible for others. I feel like a lot of the people being smug and going "git gud" right here are the former category
    You clearly never did Prot Pally Mage tower. That was by far the hardest to do.

Quote Originally Posted by kaption View Post
    You clearly never did Prot Pally Mage tower. That was by far the hardest to do.
    No, I didn't main prot or pally at all at that point and I also didn't do all of them. I only did them on my main few chars. I did do the VDH challenge though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Ilvl 222 MM hunter here.

I was able to get the Slime Serpent without switching to beast mastery because I am stubborn. Here's how I did it.

-Trash: I just ran and feigned every so often. Tentacles apply a nasty dot if no one is around so for that I feigned + stone form as a dwarf. Others may just have to kill the two tentacles on the way before Professor.

-Domina: I tried following Durendil's strategy of outranging the ambushers, but I would randomly reach a point every time where I would just suffer massive damage even with optimal positioning, so I have no idea what went wrong. I followed another guide on Youtube that essentially required you to put your back to the tower's door and kill the boss there. When ambushers come, use feign death AFTER their blade has gotten to you. This way they de-aggro. Burn the boss as fast as possible and repeat every time ambushers come. I won with 7% health remaining or something

-Stradama: easy. Pop cds at the start so you will have them in p3. Having one add in p1 is ideal so try to burn her to 66% asap. Always get in the slime circle created by the adds because otherwise you get huge damage. Also stay on the edge of the circle opposite to the boss because otherwise she will insta aggro you and whack you.
    Phase 2 is the hardest because you have to get to 33% without any cds. Adds are a priority and getting in the circle is a must. I ended this phase at about 40% hp left and with 4 adds spawning, but 2 of them died without circles, luckily.
    If you get through, you are basically done. Survive the tentacle slams, dish out your hero pet, and hero + pot + all cds when she shows her ugly mug. She will melt very quickly (literally, lol). Go back, take the teleporter to the surface, and pet the gross boi to get the mount.
    Nice job. And yeah, Domina is the only real issue to deal with. Stradama is a joke (by comparison)

Nice, now you can ride bobby kotticks tapeworm replica.

FO with this trash lmao

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody cares if you did it or not, players only care how you did it. On Domina I tried the FD strat on my hunter but either the adds don't care or the boss just resets. On my druid-tank I just get stunlocked and nuked to hell in thirty seconds so this is fun... both at ilvl200.

I have an alt DH with 202 ilvl with dps gear and went vengeance for this mount. Was not an easy task.

Have you done it? What is considered easy mode? Someone who got the mount sudenly is easy mode?

I guess if you did/do it it will be hardmode?
    It's going to be easy for some folks. They are just wired that way. Tanking is something I never do, and I tried on my druid in bear spec with 220 ilevel (definitely not in optimal stats) and I was unable to do it. For the third boss, I just wasn't able to do enough damage to get the adds down in a timely fashion ::shrugs::

I like this concept of hidden mounts. I wish there were far more in the game; it'd be an easy way to make the game more fun.

Did those exist in previous xpacs ? I haven't played for quite a few so I'm curious

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice job. And yeah, Domina is the only real issue to deal with. Stradama is a joke (by comparison)
    I can 100% see how Domina could be an impossible task for some classes right now. Hunters can just reset the adds, but otherwise you'd need crazy heals, absurd cleave or top dps to even think about getting her down. Not to mention the run from the beginning if you get killed in the process. If you manage Domina, Stradama just kinda falls over, ye.

I just swooped in again to say how much I appreciated this little solo challenge. I am a solo enthusiast hailing from the old guard and many of my greatest achievements in the game come from a time when soloing was real business, difficult and profitable. I remember killing Yogg-saron back when it was considered barely possible, one week after Caribald got world first. I also remember the absurdly cheesy strategies to get Thorim and Teron Gorefiend down.

I saw a lot of negativity in this thread, but I just want to thank Blizzard because I felt like the ancient times again. Planning, strategizing, buffing up, failing and ultimately winning. A short-lived revival to be sure, but still great.

I have an alt DH with 202 ilvl with dps gear and went vengeance for this mount. Was not an easy task.

Have you done it? What is considered easy mode? Someone who got the mount sudenly is easy mode?

I guess if you did/do it it will be hardmode?
    I did it and I did it easy mode as a VDH (Havoc main, never use Vengeance) with a pretty high ilvl. Oneshot Domina and Stradama (once I adjusted my talents and took the right soulbind)

My point is that some specs have a hell of a time or can't do it all even with high ilvl, whereas if you have an ok lvl as a tank, you can breeze through it pretty easily.

If you can't see the difference between "this challenge is built specifically for this class and Blizzard made sure that class could reasonably tackle said challenge" and "This "challenge" can be trivialized by tanks and BM hunters, struggled with by some other classes and specs and is downright impossible for several classes and specs" then I think you have greater things to worry about than making sure you rhetorically defend Blizzard's every move on a forum.

Wrong.gif

I literally have it. And also the KSM mount. It's funny that you can't imagine somebody thinking a "challenge" is shit out of principle alone.
    I won't start arguments with anybody here (same names defend Blizz all the time), just letting you know you're right in my book.
    Last edited by Lei; 2021-04-18 at 03:48 PM.

I'm a Druid with multiple specs; this looked way easier as Guardian, so that's what I did. It took me from 5 to 6 mins each boss, but I was never in danger. It was just slow. I probably could save a min or two overall if I'd wear offensive trinkets, but I just played it safe.

For starters, I HATE playing tank specs.

I tried this last night with my highest geared character (223 UH DK) and couldn't get through Domina. I tried rolling blood for a couple attempts but my damage is nowhere near where I'd need it to be and I just don't have the survivability. I know my stats weren't optimal at all and I'll definitely try to get back in there after I adjust a few things to try other strats.

Not sure why people are mad about this. It's not the best looking mount. If you're unable to solo it right now you'll be able to do it eventually (like ALL other content).

Just because you can't get it the minute you find out about it does not mean it is a bad inclusion

People forget what game they're playing all of a sudden

Spider boss is kinda annoying because of stuns. Stradama is way easier compared. Tank pov.

- - - Updated - - -

No? I have no trouble with challenges? I did KSM twice, I did Curve, I did this, I did the Mage Towers, I did Challenge Modes. My problem is with how utterly lopsided it is. Again, to repeat myself: some classes and specs can utterly faceroll it to the point that it's literally not a challenge (Tanks and BM hunters), other classes and specs can scrape by just barely
    Weeeeell... tower was also lopsided. Even for the same challenge, but on different classes or for the same class on different specs.
    So yeah, sometimes something's gonna be fun and easy for a tank and hard for others, sometimes the other way. I mean, complain away, cause I also complained about scenarios because I felt I was slowing my group down as a tank (nothing hit hard enough to warrant a tank and there wasn't much to mass pull and because of vengeance we didn't do damage).
    Bottom line though, it's some random ugly mount that you can easily get in 1-2 patches on probably any class with a bit of gear. It was more about the secret aspect than about the "challenge", cause there isn't much of one.

10+ Year Old Account

Got mine lol

If a clicking rogue could do it, anyone can do it. https://youtu.be/yWhZWC6nmsM

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    If a clicking rogue could do it, anyone can do it. https://youtu.be/yWhZWC6nmsM
    hes 227 fucking ilvl dude, no not anyone can do it.
    also he literally explains why he was able to do it, as vanish allows him to ignore the adds, and he has multiple ways to avoid the long duration stun. being human and a rogue, something most people are not.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-04-18 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good