Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    I am out the loop!

Looking forward to this season. Only had my interest piqued* cos Aston Martin (always been a fan, family worked in the business) have joined for this season. Guess they've just bought a licence or franchise or whatever, but it made me tune in. Little bro absolutely LOVES Lando thingy. Guess I should watch Drive To Survive.

Excited tbh.

* Piquet-ed? (⌐■-■)
    Aston are in because Lawrence Stroll bought the Force India team (which is a long standing team that has raced under many names, originally Jordan, with the iconic yellow snake livery from the 90s) a year or so ago, I think Stroll also bought Aston Martin with the intention of revitalizing the brand or something to that effect and for this year the team now races under the Aston Martin brand, with the goal of challenging the big boys.

That's pretty normal way of F1, many of the teams have existed for decades but race under new ownership/management. The Mercedes team was originally the Honda team after they bailed at the end of 2008 (after having already finished designing the 2009 car), Ross Brawn (team boss) bought the team after Honda bailed and took the finished car into 2009 where they won the championship, then Mercedes bought the team for 2010 (and turned it into the championship monster we have today). But prior to Honda it was BAR, and before that Tyrrell (which goes back to the 1950s).

Drive to Survive is really good, but it's very overdramatized in an American kinda way with a fair bit of creative licence in terms of blowing stuff out of proportion.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Vettel has been bumped to the back of the grid after receiving a 5 place grid penalty and three license points for ignoring double-yellow flags at the end of Q1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post
    Vettel has been bumped to the back of the grid after receiving a 5 place grid penalty and three license points for ignoring double-yellow flags at the end of Q1.
    What I read he was past the point where there were yellow lights flashing and marshalls didn't wave any flags yet however he should have anticipated they were going too. Sounds like "Minority Report" to me.

Well that was one hell of a climax to the race.

Kinda ironic that RB complained about Lewis going off the track at turn 4, then take first place at turn 4 but have to instantly give it back.

I think Red Bull clearly have the car to compete this year, but Mercs and Lewis are going to be a damn hard combo to beat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tight finish. Hard to bet against Lewis, even though Max was quick all weekend.

Norris 4th! Nice. Perez made a good recovery.

Ferrari was decent.

Waiting for the WCC standing to update. My math is garbage.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Good race, felt bad for Max.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone somewhere reminded me that Perez took away an extra lap for Max to fight for the win, and my head nearly exploded.

Going to be a long wait for Round 2.

Not much else to add on the Lewis/Max battle, but my highlight of the weekend was Nikita Mazepin.

Tries racing and passing other cars in free practice: spins out
    Tries to qualify: spins out. Crofty calls him Maz-e-spin.
    Tries to participate in his 1st F1 race: spins out and DNFs in the 3rd turn. The announcers don't even hesitate to assume it's him when they see a car go off.

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving F1 driver currently.

Between a good battle at the front and Mazepin having the absolute worst possible start in F1: that was a good race weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lifted from YouTube:

Fun fact of the day - Mazepin has completed more formation laps than race laps in Formula One.

/slowclap

Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    Not much else to add on the Lewis/Max battle, but my highlight of the weekend was Nikita Mazepin.

Tries racing and passing other cars in free practice: spins out
    Tries to qualify: spins out. Crofty calls him Maz-e-spin.
    Tries to participate in his 1st F1 race: spins out and DNFs in the 3rd turn. The announcers don't even hesitate to assume it's him when they see a car go off.

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving F1 driver currently.

Between a good battle at the front and Mazepin having the absolute worst possible start in F1: that was a good race weekend.
    Mick span out in the same way though. As much as it's fun to rip on Mazespin it's definitely an issue they are having with the car, and apparently he had a brake by wire failure causing one of the spins (fronts didn't engage, rears did causing spin).

10+ Year Old Account
    Spent the day watching Rosberg v Hamilton in Extreme E. Dumb name, awesome racing. This mixed doubles approach is neat!

Good to see Button again.

I never thought I'd bet against Loeb, but damn...

Lewis just proving his class this season. Anyone that thought he was winning titles solely because of his car should probably start paying actual attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, wet circuit. Excitement!

Crashes. Safety car. Red flag. Excitement!
    Last edited by Ayirasi; 2021-04-18 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Ooh, wet circuit. Excitement!

Crashes. Safety car. Red flag. Excitement!
    Including a coming together of two of Toto's kids and Lewis going off track lapping Russell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Including a coming together of two of Toto's kids and Lewis going off track lapping Russell.
    Kimi's view of the Bottas/Russell crash was insane. Glad they're OK.

Hamilton and Verstappen trading fastest laps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to be greeted with an eventful race after a looooooooooooooooong three weeks.

Hamilton with the miracle recovery.

Good to see Honda on the top step, even if I'm not a Max fan. WDC fight is shaping up nicely.

Congrats to Lando. C'mon, Ricciardo! Gogogogo! McLaren v Ferrari looks tight so far.

Good to be greeted with an eventful race after a looooooooooooooooong three weeks.

Hamilton with the miracle recovery.

Good to see Honda on the top step, even if I'm not a Max fan. WDC fight is shaping up nicely.

Congrats to Lando. C'mon, Ricciardo! Gogogogo! McLaren v Ferrari looks tight so far.
    The first time a Honda engine driver has been on the top step at Imola since Senna in 1991.

Also, Max and Lewis ganging up on Lando with the Champers after he was extremely down on himself because of his mistake in qualy that cost him 3rd on the grid.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I am certain that someone has put a curse on the second red bull car.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Also, I am certain that someone has put a curse on the second red bull car.
    It's getting harder to argue that it's a coincidence.

It's getting harder to argue that it's a coincidence.
    At this point, I'm just going to claim it's an Alfa Tauri (And before that Torro Rosso) with Red Bull colours all along. Ever since Max was called up