Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    I don't think we should support Amazon games one bit.
    and why? 10chars

15+ Year Old Account
    Big tech company: Video games make lots of money right? Let's try some of that.

Three years later: Nevermind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    and why? 10chars
    I assume because Amazon has a track record of exploiting workers.

That and Amazon Games was founded 9 years ago, devoured a bunch of indie devs, and has yet to publish anything substantive, while cancelling 80% of the stuff they announced over the years and laying off the developers that were working on them.

I don't know why, but I thought Amazon would do alright as a game dev.

I shouldn't have been surprised when all of the games that even make the light of day reflect the UI quality found in their website and Prime service. I pretty much expect New World to be their only release, and unless it sells some 5 million companies, will likely be the studios last release.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    AGS New World has to be an absolute banger 10/10. If not, they dont have a chance. Considering that NW already has its problems, it'll be a miracle if they get things situated. I honestly dont want to say this and was looking forward to the AGS games but all of them have had problem after problem.
    I've played New World quite a bit. Definitely not a 10/10. Definitely different than WoW. Anyone looking for a better WoW shouldn't waste their time since they're too jaded. Unlike WoW, I actually enjoy my time in New World. It hits a lot of check marks for me for what I'm interested in at the moment. It definitely needed a real lot more content from the last time that I played it. I'd rather play the little content that was in New World than all of the World of Warcraft has to offer. Blizzard with their thousands of employees, billions of dollars, 20 years of WoW development and that's the best they can do doesn't cut it anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    To me this is good news. Never cared about LotR setting anyway. It's a bad fantasy world imo.

Now they will direct focus on other projects, I hope New World gets more attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Good. With the current state of Amazon Studios, the game had very little chance of actually being good, let alone being a faithful LotR entry. LotRO is the only LotRO spinoff product that actually gets the spirit of Tolkien; everything else is just cheap cash grab stuff that wears the skin of LotR for brand name recognition.
    yep. this.

if done right, it could be a great thing for the mmo world. i had appreciated it much.

but: i assume, even if finished by amazon studios, it would be just the next „wow killer“. a lame hearthless standard mmo, quickly produced by a company like Amazon to get a few pieces of another market, they wanna step a foot into. some cheap shit cash grab shit. in the end of the day (or the year) it had faded away as another lame movie license game, never shining, and played by a few die hard fans.

so maybe its fine, that they give up before they even try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    To me this is good news. Never cared about LotR setting anyway. It's a bad fantasy world imo.

Now they will direct focus on other projects, I hope New World gets more attention.
    i assume New World is just the next „hyped by development/name/studio“ game, forgotten a half year later. not very high hopes here tbh.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-04-18 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrius View Post
    I hope not. Unlike you, I actually don't want to play WoW until I die.
    Who told you i was playing WoW, because i didn't and i don't. There are lots of other games, you know? Plus New World is an uninspired generic cash grab anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post

I shouldn't have been surprised when all of the games that even make the light of day reflect the UI quality found in their website and Prime service. I pretty much expect New World to be their only release, and unless it sells some 5 million companies, will likely be the studios last release.
    Did people already forget about Crucible?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucible_(video_game)

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, good news for Riot's MMORPG I guess?
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Who told you i was playing WoW, because i didn't and i don't. There are lots of other games, you know? Plus New World is an uninspired generic cash grab anyway.

Did people already forget about Crucible?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucible_(video_game)
    They unreleased Crucible, im including that in the games they've released that were a mess. I expect New World to come out and be supported for a year or so, I dont think they ever did a thing for crucible.

They hired John Smedley who is one of the founders of EverQuest and that gave me some optimism. Not sure if I have any left at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The moment New World fails to meet their expectations they are probably pulling the plug quick.

I am not joining the bandwagon as early as I would have hoped to!
    New world was a pretty decent game when i tried it many months ago, i dont expect it to be a major thing but it should be a pretty good game regardless especially with the extra work the have put in.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrius View Post
    All the LOTR games ever released were trash. Nothing of value was lost here.
    The Hobbit (1982) was very innovative for its time. Much success there.

Well I'm bummed, wonder if Tencent simply didn't want to pursue a big budget MMO after picking up Leyou, especially with Riot already making one.

Folks over at Standing Stone Games/Daybreak probably just breathed a huge sigh of relief given that they're apparently working on a graphical overhaul for LOTRO that would have likely competed against the brand new shiny game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be good to see an MMORPG outside of WoW, FF ESO, GW2. Maybe New World will do good. My impressions of New World is that it's a mix of early ESO and GW2, leaning on design elements that both games quickly changed because the fans didn't enjoy them. Hopefully it works out.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by RoutinelyWorgen View Post
    Well, good news for Riot's MMORPG I guess?
    Why ? It doesn't affect them in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Should've been New World that got canceled and all focus shifted towards the LotR MMO. Oh well, at least Riot is still making theirs, which will be better than New World and Ashes of Creation.
    It's sad how low that bar is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blezius View Post
    Why ? It doesn't affect them in any way.
    It absolutely does. The two games would likely be releasing in roughly similar windows (at least within a year of each other) and Tencent having multiple big-budget games compete against each other like that (even if they're pretty different in theme/tone/etc.) isn't a smart move.

Tencent owns Riot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Yea this is how I approach it too. People honestly think people like Bobby Kotick and his other business ilk are gonna suffer if you boycott their game? Only people who suffer are those on the ground floor.

I only ever boycotted one thing ever, but that's due to me just washing my hands of it and that was Spider-Man comics after the One More Day event. And has nothing really to do with ethics but personal distaste :P
    Eh, if enough people boycott a product then it does have an impact. The issue is most people are too addicted and would sooner argue on the internet instead of just walking away from something they no longer enjoy or approve of.

They unreleased Crucible, im including that in the games they've released that were a mess. I expect New World to come out and be supported for a year or so, I dont think they ever did a thing for crucible.
    This is why i won't invest time or money in any Amazon or Google game (if they decide to make games). I expect them to pull the plug any time and i absolutely do not trust them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Eh, if enough people boycott a product then it does have an impact. The issue is most people are too addicted and would sooner argue on the internet instead of just walking away from something they no longer enjoy or approve of.
    Boycotts do serve a purpose, but its a personal win, a moral victory for yourself to say, 'hey I will stop buying X from X company because they did this thing that's scummy, and so I feel good about myself for not buying it'. But that self serving win isn't going to make a change or impact, most of the people boycotting were probably going to never buy the game anyway, and let's take into account that most of the people who play video games don't even know about what scummy stuff companies are doing behind the scenes, or don't care. Its not laziness, its people living in their bubble watching their favourite ethics youtube channel thinking the world is watching when in fact its a small percentage of the gaming market.

If you wanna make a change then boycotting is not the way to go. Wanna make a change go to your leaders , your governments, whoever is running and get them to institute a change. ITs cool that only now governments are hearing about the whole loot box stuff and even that I feel we are still miles off.