10+ Year Old Account

Non night fae bm hunter

How bad is it? I've got like 3 other toons that are night fae and have zero desire to do that campaign yet again but I've been told that the spec is really bad without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    How bad is it? I've got like 3 other toons that are night fae and have zero desire to do that campaign yet again but I've been told that the spec is really bad without it.
    depends on what you wanna do, m+ super high keys? Ye need it
    Doing +15? Any covenant is fine

PVP? Venth is much better

Super mythic raiding, NF pretty much, but Kyrian is decent. For heroic it really doesnt matter. Pretty sure you can also kill denny mythic with kyrian
    Pawzz, ArenaJunkies

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post

On what level?
    You will be able to easily clear M+15/HC/Mid-tier Mythic bosses without being a hindrance to your raid/group.
    In M+15 it will probably be better due to how players/groups will pull at that level.

Or to use different words: If you will fail that stuff, it's probably not you playing Kyrian BM that will cause it.

Gameplay wise, I can recommend Kyrian fully. As it's a much more fun covenant in pretty much all content. Even Torghast is way more fun with it.
    The rest? I don't really know because I haven't played them myself yet, but I'd guess "not so much".
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-04-18 at 09:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I should rephrase. How significant of a difference in terms of output will it be from night fae to the other 3?

Mine is Kyrian, and it interacts nicely with the spec. All of the Kyrian focus on crits pairs well with the crit-dependent BM. I do recommend using Kleia over Pelagos though, just get used to standing closer to the melee group to make sure you get the 5% crit all the time. I find it's easier than relying on the ranged to group up in a cluster, as they tend to spread out more. Also, your pet (or pets with animal companion) contribute to the pointed courage crit buff. Next patch will be even better, as Kleia is getting more crit stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    Wrong. Every week more Hunters are switching to Kyrian, the shorter Cooldown overall and the scaling is better with Kyrian with better gear. Even Venthyr is played here and there more often now.

Kyrian is becoming stronger, Venthyr is also viable.
    The non flexible cooldown of Nightfae is stronger with worse gear.
    Where can you check that?

If I take a quick look @ raider.io 95% are still nightfae scores in the higher keys... and lower ones are "whatever".
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-04-20 at 10:07 AM.

WarcraftLogs stats

Kyrian is 300dps, about 7.5%, behind NF on average. Not enough representation of the others to get meaningful stats, but the top 100 NF are all above the best anyone's managed with any other covenant for Heroic Shriekwing.

Obviously some bias exists in this data. Better players will prefer NF due to its performance (and indeed most of them will favour MM anyway as it's performing better currently), and fewer parses for the other covenants means fewer chances for the god pull where everything goes right. It might be a little better than this in reality.

That's the data, your call if it's good enough for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

have you ever checked pvp ladders ? venth bm is insanely op atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kyrian's fine, you don't have to be Night Fae. You just should, what kind of Hunter doesn't take NF! But you'll find the CD on resonating Arrow will line up better with Bestial Rage due to the CD's.

Current Necrolord hunter, Also maxed renown Venthyr.

Venthyr is good, maybe even better single target then NF. Ive had many fights end with KS being my #1 damage source. That being said BM's weakness is AOE and it becomes much worse without wildspirits.

Necrolord is.... its just bad. The new legendarys give it some hope which is why I'm leveling it. that being said it is not competitive in pve atm.

For reference im 1200ish IO and have a few mythic CN kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im at Venthyr and i have no Problem with Raiding. Pass the Ring as much as Possible, pop Wrath wenn you BM and dont verget to skill Stomp. Only use mutlishot wenn its glows and your multi dps is fine.