Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mafia Championship 2021 Nomination Thread

Spoiler: 
    Hello!

This will be the thread to nominate someone for entry into the Mafia Championships 2021 hosted on Mafia Universe. Below is some information based on the game and requirements for the representative.

Spoiler: 
    SEASON 8 FORMAT

The tournament structure
    150 communities will participate, each sending one representative.
    QUALIFIERS: 10 Qualifier Games will be played, consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifier Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st and 2nd place will advance to the Semifinal Games.
    SEMIFINALS: A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 7 will select 25 additional players to advance to the three Semifinal Games. From each game, five players will advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote, just like in the qualifying phase.
    THE FINALE: The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 8 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.

This year’s setup: Gold Rush 15er
    The setup features 15 roles consisting of the following:

2x Mafia Goons
    1x Mafia Roleblocker
    1x Town Motion Detector
    1x 1-Shot Town Vigilante (n2+)
    1x Town Doctor
    9x Vanilla Townie

Flips are alignment only.

Relevant mechanics info
    - Day start.
    - Majority elimination is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point for the elimination.
    - Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.
    - No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    - Phase Lengths and Deadlines will be up to the players themselves (I’ll organize your representative into a game with deadlines that suit their preferences).
    - Thread is locked during Night Phases.
    - Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    - Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Motion Detector action.)
    - Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia faction kill is mandatory.
    - Mafia may communicate at any time.
    - Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
    - The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals alignments automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

Expectations of Nominees:

Your representative should be prepared for having to read upwards of 500-600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. Additionally, there’s a requirement that each player must make at least 10 posts per Game Day. Only active players should apply/participate. I repeat: Your chosen player needs to be able to promise a good amount of activity on a daily basis.

You may nominate or second only one person. You cannot do both. A person can only be nominated and seconded once. First nominations/seconds will be taken. Any after that can be cast for another person. You cannot self-nominate. Anyone who has played Mafia games with us is eligible to nominate/second. You do not have to be a current player or playing on MU.

Once someone is nominated and seconded, they can either accept the nomination in thread or privately. If accepted, they will be put on a list to be voted on after nominations close. If declined, the nomination will be removed and the players who nominated/seconded, will be able to nominate/second someone else.

I recommend mentioning the player so they are notified.

Nominations will close on 4/22 at 9:00pm EST, at which point a voting thread will appear.

Good luck to all nominees and represent MMO-Champion well!

Nominations:

Xanjori - Nominated by Foxxi;
    Foxxi - Nominated by Cereal; Seconded by Cruel2u; Nomination Accepted
    Krayzy - Nominated by Bwon;
    Cereal - Nominated by Claws;
    Lora - Nominated by Graeham;

Due to anarchy, I am going to assume we will send Foxxi and she can choose her backup by talking to them. If anyone objects to this or wishes to throw their name in, please post below. If we get someone else who is willing to go and wants a vote off, we can do that.
    Last edited by CerealLord; 2021-04-18 at 11:26 PM.

nominate: Xanjori
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

Well, I'll get the obvious out of the way.

Nominate: FoxxiMcLeod

3+ Year Old Account
    Nominate: Krayzy
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I'll send Foxxi, I hope you get to go and have a blast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    You may nominate or second only one person. You cannot do both. A person can only be nominated and seconded once. First nominations/seconds will be taken. Any after that can be cast for another person. You cannot self-nominate. Anyone who has played Mafia games with us is eligible to nominate/second. You do not have to be a current player or playing on MU.

Once someone is nominated and seconded, they can either accept the nomination in thread or privately. If accepted, they will be put on a list to be voted on after nominations close. If declined, the nomination will be removed and the players who nominated/seconded, will be able to nominate/second someone ;
    Why are we fannying about with all this nomination stuff. Just send the person with the most votes. Like last year and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before... forget how long it's been going 8th year now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruel2u View Post
    I'll send Foxxi, I hope you get to go and have a blast.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are we fannying about with all this nomination stuff. Just send the person with the most votes. Like last year and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before that and the year before... forget how long it's been going 8th year now?
    To get a list down of people to vote on, instead of one large post with everyone on it. I'm not adverse to doing it with just a vote either, but since polls only allow 10 options figured everyone could be included this way

To get a list down of people to vote on, instead of one large post with everyone on it. I'm not adverse to doing it with just a vote either, but since polls only allow 10 options figured everyone could be included this way
    Whatever floats your boat my vote is on Foxxi!

Whatever floats your boat my vote is on Foxxi!
    I expect your nomination will be coming along shortly :P

I expect your nomination will be coming along shortly :P
    Don't have time sadly. It's a shame because it's always been that way. Work gets in the way all the time, it's why I can't sign up for all our games. Mod-ing is a easier way for me to stay involved. All so have a 3 year old son now. So life really can pwn me from time to time.

Vote cereal lets see him get d1d wooo

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Nominate: Lora

Nominate? Don't we just vote?

Foxxi ur up my dear, show den turds who's boss

Quote Originally Posted by Strikered View Post
    Nominate? Don't we just vote?

Foxxi ur up my dear, show den turds who's boss
    Foxxi has already been nominated. This is to dial down the list of who we are voting for to go. Yes, I'm apparently doing it a convoluted way.

Foxxi has already been nominated. This is to dial down the list of who we are voting for to go. Yes, I'm apparently doing it a convoluted way.
    Ummm so how do I send foxxi ?

I mean, the alternate option is we can just send Foxxi and let her pick her backup.

- - - Updated - - -

This is just nominating people to be voted on. Foxxi will already be on that list. Either second one of the other people or nominate someone new. Anyone with a nomination and a second will be put on the list for everyone to vote for.

Just vote foxxi they will get the idea.

Just vote foxxi they will get the idea.
    OK

vote: Foxxi

SO, what yall are saying is I need to make a voting thread and put Foxxi versus Lora?