Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    You people need to calm the fuck down. Unlinke black lotus, fel lotus will be in a much larger supply and compared to classic gold income will also be a lot higher.

Will never understand why people act you'll need to start tbc with 100000 gold to be able to afford consumables. You'll need a lot less than what was needed for naxx with flasks and all the pots and hardly anyone has been buying gold to raid classic ... can get over 200g per day with an hour of mining and crafting some pots.

If you expect to raid or buy everything the game has to offer without having to farm a little, then yeah ... you go do stuff to yourself or buy gold.
    It's the truth, are you even playing Classic atm?

200g a day is so bad though.

But hey, we just need to wait and see when TBC release, seems like you will be in for a shock.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    It's the truth, are you even playing Classic atm?

200g a day is so bad though.

But hey, we just need to wait and see when TBC release, seems like you will be in for a shock.
    Do you even read? 200g with a maximum of 1 hour of farming and crafting. On most days I don't even farm, yet with only that time spent I can cover the consumbles for 3 hours of naxx and 1 hour of aq40 which cost around 500g (used to be nearly 1k a few months ago) and still have my overall gold increase.

And come tbc, you won't spend 500g for 4 hours of raiding because the consumable list is much shorter and flasks will no longer as rare as they are.

Some of you keep making this sound as impossible to keep up with. Sure if you only want to raid log, yeah you won't have gold for consumables. And if by absurd it ends up with some particulars consumables being expensive as fuck, you can farm them and get rich.

Do you even read? 200g with a maximum of 1 hour of farming and crafting. On most days I don't even farm, yet with only that time spent I can cover the consumbles for 3 hours of naxx and 1 hour of aq40 which cost around 500g (used to be nearly 1k a few months ago) and still have my overall gold increase.

And come tbc, you won't spend 500g for 4 hours of raiding because the consumable list is much shorter and flasks will no longer as rare as they are.

Some of you keep making this sound as impossible to keep up with. Sure if you only want to raid log, yeah you won't have gold for consumables. And if by absurd it ends up with some particulars consumables being expensive as fuck, you can farm them and get rich.
    Listen to your logic for a second. You can make more gold in tbc, more than classic, everyone will have much much more gold, also on top of that you will be spending less gold.

Please explain to me how this makes sense.

That's the crux of the argument. There are players who would sooner either a.) quit the game or b.) buy botted gold before farming. It's not offensive to consider whether this will have a negative impact on the TBC Classic economy; but apparently even suggesting it might be an issue is beyond the scope of your comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowroguetbc View Post
    Listen to your logic for a second. You can make more gold in tbc, more than classic, everyone will have much much more gold, also on top of that you will be spending less gold.

Please explain to me how this makes sense.
    Mats (lotuses in particular) are less scarce and you don't need 10+ different types of potions and elixirs who utilize most of the same mats. All you need is a flask, 1 type of buff food and oil and you're set.

Mats (lotuses in particular) are less scarce and you don't need 10+ different types of potions and elixirs who utilize most of the same mats. All you need is a flask, 1 type of buff food and oil and you're set.
    You aren’t addressing the issue with this logic at all. Also, there is more to buying stuff for raids than flasks... mats for items is going to be the biggest hurdle here.

Think about it for a second, how are mats going to be cheaper, when everyone is making, what you implied, is a massive amount more gold.

You think that mats will be costing less just because of their rarity? Even when people are going to be raking in a ton more gold? You understand, hopefully, how this doesn’t make sense in the least bit.

You aren’t addressing the issue with this logic at all. Also, there is more to buying stuff for raids than flasks... mats for items is going to be the biggest hurdle here.

Think about it for a second, how are mats going to be cheaper, when everyone is making, what you implied, is a massive amount more gold.

You think that mats will be costing less just because of their rarity? Even when people are going to be raking in a ton more gold? You understand, hopefully, how this doesn’t make sense in the least bit.
    I undertand what you're saying but there is the matter of quantity available and how much people are willing to spend.
    To give you an example from classic with the lotuses, before tbc was announced a lotus was going for nearly 200g. As soon as it was announced and people stopped holding them to sell at absurd prices they dropped to 70-80. And mind you they are still limited in supply, because as much as tou want you can't just go out and pick one up, unlike the rest of the mats which will be the case for pretty much everything in tbc.

If what you're saying would be true then everything in classic should be at absurd prices because here are the people with gold now, which is not the case. If a particular mat will be expensive, people will be able to farm it drive the prices down.

Sure, the first month is going to be filled with high prices before everyone levels up and cam farm, but it will settle down pretty fast.

I undertand what you're saying but there is the matter of quantity available and how much people are willing to spend.
    To give you an example from classic with the lotuses, before tbc was announced a lotus was going for nearly 200g. As soon as it was announced and people stopped holding them to sell at absurd prices they dropped to 70-80. And mind you they are still limited in supply, because as much as tou want you can't just go out and pick one up, unlike the rest of the mats which will be the case for pretty much everything in tbc.

If what you're saying would be true then everything in classic should be at absurd prices because here are the people with gold now, which is not the case. If a particular mat will be expensive, people will be able to farm it drive the prices down.

Sure, the first month is going to be filled with high prices before everyone levels up and cam farm, but it will settle down pretty fast.
    There’s no other mats in classic that are farmed to the extent that mats in tbc will be farmed. And the mats I’m referring to mostly is motes.

And yes, what I said has been proven true when mats like arcane crystals went up to absurd fucking amounts. On my server which was fairly populated they went for 100g at certain points, maybe even more. For classic, that is an absurd amount of gold considering the avenues made to make raw gold in classic was basically none if you are playing legit.

Also you can clearly see plain as day the effect of the inflation through high ticket items as well, look at edgemasters.

When the game first launched and I’d say for the first 3-4 months these things sold for like what? 400g on average? Sometimes higher sometimes way lower. And then at a certain point they even broke into the 7-8k average. Why do you think that is? The rarity of them didn’t go up or down, you probably still only saw 2 or 3 of them at the same time. So why did it just magically go up that high? Because people had more gold.

and no... this doesn’t mean literally every single item in the game goes up as well, because if the demand is still low then it’s not going to hit insane prices like items that people need. If no one is buying wool cloth, and anyone and their dog can go farm stocks for them, they aren’t going to hit 50g a stack either. This just doesn’t make sense.

So look at things like motes, and yes even to a lesser extent ore and herbs. They may not be AS limited as black lotus... but they are still limited and will be farmed around the clock either by raiders or bots. And the areas you can farm the motes are REALLY limited.

So you take these high ticket items that are LARGELY contested, make it so EVERYONE who is raiding or doing end game content is to going to need them, bring in the massive amount of inflation and gold everyone has from classic through multiple avenues, AND on top of that bring them into an expansion that (by your own words) people can create even more gold compared to classic.... and the end result is NOT cheaper materials. That’s just asinine lol.

Yes black lotus may be more expensive COMPARED TO the other mats needed in classic. But that has no bearing on the prices that will hit the market for tbc mats.

Not to even mention, most of the mats in classic that you needed didn’t even have to be farmed in the world by anyone. I could take my level 58 priest in DM:E and farm crystals endlessly, uncontested, all to myself. And the prices STILL were insanely high relative to what a vanilla environment gives you to make raw gold.

In tbc, there really isn’t much of that dungeons spamming solo any class can do. Most of it is out in the world, contested, by bots or by hardcore farmers. So the thought of “hey just go farm it yourself” is a pretty nearsighted argument. Especially if you are a newer player who doesn’t start with epic flying right away.

In tbc, there really isn’t much of that dungeons spamming solo any class can do. Most of it is out in the world, contested, by bots or by hardcore farmers. So the thought of “hey just go farm it yourself” is a pretty nearsighted argument. Especially if you are a newer player who doesn’t start with epic flying right away.
    This just isn't true, almost every instance have guaranteed mining & herbing nodes, there is already a lot of map paths and resources for all farming classes (hunter, druid/rogue) to utilize.

There's also very, very lucrative in dungeon mats farming (drops), this is a very outdated mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    This just isn't true, almost every instance have guaranteed mining & herbing nodes, there is already a lot of map paths and resources for all farming classes (hunter, druid/rogue) to utilize.

There's also very, very lucrative in dungeon mats farming (drops), this is a very outdated mindset.
    I said “there isn’t really much...” as in not near as much as classic, not even remotely close. There is some for stealth classes, but in terms of just letting anyone go into a specific instance SOLO and repeat farming these dungeons nonstop, the magnitude of this on tbc isn’t even approaching what classic was like.

So no, it is true, and I never said there was none of it.

I said “there isn’t really much...” as in not near as much as classic, not even remotely close. There is some for stealth classes, but in terms of just letting anyone go into a specific instance SOLO and repeat farming these dungeons nonstop, the magnitude of this on tbc isn’t even approaching what classic was like.

So no, it is true, and I never said there was none of it.
    Err, I hate to break it to you but, Slave Pens isn't the start nor the end of instanced solo farming.

Just as a pair of quick examples, paladins will unlock stratholme (hundreds of raw gold/hour) and scholomance (dark rune farm), that's just the basics.
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2021-04-18 at 11:27 PM.

Err, I hate to break it to you but, Slave Pens isn't the start nor the end of instanced solo farming.

Just as a pair of quick examples, paladins will unlock stratholme (hundreds of raw gold/hour) and scholomance (dark rune farm), that's just the basics.
    I’m sorry was I talking about raw gold farms or dark rune farms? Do I need to really go back and explain context to you again? The solo instance farm I was referring to was explaining how and why specific resources in tbc is going to have a high price point. Unless you understood the context and knew you were wrong so you decided to change the topic?

Also, the raw gold farm you mentioned... it only helps my argument lol.

I’m sorry was I talking about raw gold farms or dark rune farms? Do I need to really go back and explain context to you again? The solo instance farm I was referring to was explaining how and why specific resources in tbc is going to have a high price point. Unless you understood the context and knew you were wrong so you decided to change the topic?

Also, the raw gold farm you mentioned... it only helps my argument lol.
    You mentioned tradecraft items, such as arcane crystals, herbs both of whose equivalents in tbc are readily farmable from instances, since every instance in tbc is at a relevant level, they will always offer valuable nodes unlike Classic, wherein only a few handful of instances offered lategame or valuable nodes (DM:E for crystals & some herbs, Maraudonfor Ghost mushrooms, SM later on for GSPP production).

You will find that instanced farming will only explode in tbc, between the need for Ghost Mushrooms (Maraudon), Large Brilliant Shards (classic), Ancient Lichen (TBC dungeon exclusive herb), the gross abundance of mining nodes in TBC dungeons and a fair amount of ""random"" herbs, there's only gonna be an increase in dungeon farming, not a reduction.

This is just ontop of the other farms that will be available, AoE farming late game dungeons from both expansions will open up a ton of raw gold & drops, Scholomance as aforementioned drops Dark Runes which are used by all mana users for all of tbc. Things like RFD, SM doesn't become irrelevant either, SRS will always be valuable for minor speed on boots, for alts and twinking.

Ultimately, if you can't make gold in TBC, there's something wrong with you, not the game.
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2021-04-19 at 01:36 AM.

You mentioned tradecraft items, such as arcane crystals, herbs both of whose equivalents in tbc are readily farmable from instances, since every instance in tbc is at a relevant level, they will always offer valuable nodes unlike Classic, wherein only a few handful of instances offered lategame or valuable nodes (DM:E for crystals & some herbs, Maraudonfor Ghost mushrooms, SM later on for GSPP production).

You will find that instanced farming will only explode in tbc, between the need for Ghost Mushrooms (Maraudon), Large Brilliant Shards (classic), Ancient Lichen (TBC dungeon exclusive herb), the gross abundance of mining nodes in TBC dungeons and a fair amount of ""random"" herbs, there's only gonna be an increase in dungeon farming, not a reduction.

This is just ontop of the other farms that will be available, AoE farming late game dungeons from both expansions will open up a ton of raw gold & drops, Scholomance as aforementioned drops Dark Runes which are used by all mana users for all of tbc. Things like RFD, SM doesn't become irrelevant either, SRS will always be valuable for minor speed on boots, for alts and twinking.

Ultimately, if you can't make gold in TBC, there's something wrong with you, not the game.
    I don’t know what you are on about with the raw gold farms but I feel like you need to go up and read what I was referring to when I was bringing up dungeon farming because you are seriously missing the mark on this one super hard.

I’ll explain it one more time and if you bring up something like raw gold farms again I’m just going to assume you are unable to read.

He mentioned how materials are going to be cheaper in tbc than classic, even tho there is more gold in the economy.

He brought up that things didn’t hit crazy high prices expect for black lotus.

I told him that mats did get crazy high on classic that wasn’t just black lotus because of its rarity. This is when I brought up arcane crystals.

I mentioned that even tho this material, and most other high ticket materials farmed in classic could be farmed in dungeons solo by every single class at any given time, the prices still got to crazy high prices (relative to how much raw gold you get in classic).

I THEN brought up that something like this won’t be as present in tbc.

Now before you start typing I need you to FULLY understand this.

Most high ticket items in tbc, either can not or will not be as farm in solo instances as much as high ticket items in classic were solo farmed. This is why I brought up motes.

This was all to being up prices of items. I mentioned that even thought items could be solo farmed in classic, the prices got super high. So I’m telling him, that when you bring most of the items in tbc into the equation where it’s contested, it will make them even higher.

That whole post you quoted was to explain how tbc prices of materials and consumables aren’t going to be ‘cheaper’ than classic, and that they will be much much higher given the obvious inflation, the increase in raw gold put into the economy (that you have mentioned also multiple times for some reason, and how these materials will also be contested.

You bringing up fucking dark runes and arcane crystal farming in tbc honestly makes this conversation a joke.

I told him that mats did get crazy high on classic that wasn’t just black lotus because of its rarity. This is when I brought up arcane crystals.

I mentioned that even tho this material, and most other high ticket materials farmed in classic could be farmed in dungeons solo by every single class at any given time, the prices still got to crazy high prices (relative to how much raw gold you get in classic).

I THEN brought up that something like this won’t be as present in tbc.

This was all to being up prices of items. I mentioned that even thought items could be solo farmed in classic, the prices got super high. So I’m telling him, that when you bring most of the items in tbc into the equation where it’s contested, it will make them even higher.

That whole post you quoted was to explain how tbc prices of materials and consumables aren’t going to be ‘cheaper’ than classic, and that they will be much much higher given the obvious inflation, the increase in raw gold put into the economy (that you have mentioned also multiple times for some reason, and how these materials will also be contested.

You bringing up fucking dark runes and arcane crystal farming in tbc honestly makes this conversation a joke.
    The biggest factor that dictate prices on trade goods in Classic is time spent, this is especially true for Arcane Crystals, because at 12,5min jump runs, you're looking at, on average 1 crystal/hour, which means that despite the apparently 100g/crystal price, it's not an outrageous gph, infact it's comparable to most other gph and just above raw gph farms such as dme lashers which is roughly 60gph in raw gold, so you're seeing a slight mark up due to; being able to do it (no, not every class could solo jump run when they were at these prices, paladins, warlocks were the only ones able to do it in 12,5min and then priests slightly slower), requiring an otherwise dead profession (mining).

Ultimately, it was very similar gph to other farms, the good farmers I know got roughly 0,8-1 lotus/hour on my realm post lotus spawn buff, plaguebloom being a bit lower but also a bit volatile, sat at around 80gph. Comparably, other instanced node farming (maraudon), which produced very similar results, at roughly 6-9 ghost mushrooms/run, you're looking at somewhere between 20-30g/reset which amounts to between 90 and 150gph at the height of ghost mushroom prices (4g/each).

I'm sorry to say, but almost every farm in classic amounted to very similar gold/time spent and this was the biggest factor in why prices were as they were.

You're also dead wrong in your assumption that, lategame mats will not be farmed inside dungeons, when this is patently how it will work, motes are only highly contested and have their highest degree of relevancy in p1, nor are all motes created equal, late p1/early p2 will see a huge rise in water & life primals, so just like classic the whole price debacle is only for content releases.

The biggest factor that dictate prices on trade goods in Classic is time spent, this is especially true for Arcane Crystals, because at 12,5min jump runs, you're looking at, on average 1 crystal/hour, which means that despite the apparently 100g/crystal price, it's not an outrageous gph, infact it's comparable to most other gph and just above raw gph farms such as dme lashers which is roughly 60gph in raw gold, so you're seeing a slight mark up due to; being able to do it (no, not every class could solo jump run when they were at these prices, paladins, warlocks were the only ones able to do it in 12,5min and then priests slightly slower), requiring an otherwise dead profession (mining).

Ultimately, it was very similar gph to other farms, the good farmers I know got roughly 0,8-1 lotus/hour on my realm post lotus spawn buff, plaguebloom being a bit lower but also a bit volatile, sat at around 80gph. Comparably, other instanced node farming (maraudon), which produced very similar results, at roughly 6-9 ghost mushrooms/run, you're looking at somewhere between 20-30g/reset which amounts to between 90 and 150gph at the height of ghost mushroom prices (4g/each).

I'm sorry to say, but almost every farm in classic amounted to very similar gold/time spent and this was the biggest factor in why prices were as they were.

You're also dead wrong in your assumption that, lategame mats will not be farmed inside dungeons, when this is patently how it will work, motes are only highly contested and have their highest degree of relevancy in p1, nor are all motes created equal, late p1/early p2 will see a huge rise in water & life primals, so just like classic the whole price debacle is only for content releases.
    Thank you for once again thinking I’m talking about farming gold, no really the reading comprehension you have shown is staggering. Also, the fact that you repeated AGAIN that you think i said “no mats will be farmed” when I clearly stated over and over and over again that not as many of late game mats will be farmed compared to how late game mats in classic was farmed truly puts the cherry on top of this as well.

I’ll repeat this one last time for the road before I just stop reading your posts. The context I’m speaking under is that he said mats will be cheaper in tbc compared to classic. Think about that single thought for a second and then take everything I said into account. Actually, or don’t and just practice comprehension.

I’ll repeat this one last time for the road before I just stop reading your posts. The context I’m speaking under is that he said mats will be cheaper in tbc compared to classic. Think about that single thought for a second and then take everything I said into account. Actually, or don’t and just practice comprehension.
    Yes and cost is relative, almost everything farmed will have the same price as eachother in gph terms.

So, even if something costs 200g in TBC, it will be relative to the state of the game, just like with classic, it's completely dictated by the other farms, because the same people farming are the same people buying.

Only time things are valued way out of their own scope is very, very early on see: devilsaur farm, same with motes, they will drop like a stone after the first few weeks.
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2021-04-19 at 02:55 AM.

Yes and cost is relative, almost everything farmed will have the same price as eachother in gph terms.

So, even if something costs 200g in TBC, it will be relative to the state of the game, just like with classic, it's completely dictated by the other farms, because the same people farming are the same people buying.

Only time things are valued way out of their own scope is very, very early on see: devilsaur farm, same with motes, they will drop like a stone after the first few weeks.
    Is the argument I’m arguing against the relative cost per hour? Or do I need to repeat it for you one more time. I’m not asking what your argument is, but rather the argument that originally started my first post.

He said the cost will be cheaper in tbc... full stop. Period. End of statement. You creating a different definition for someone else’s statement, and then using that different definition to argue against my points is beyond mind boggling.

Is the argument I’m arguing against the relative cost per hour? Or do I need to repeat it for you one more time. I’m not asking what your argument is, but rather the argument that originally started my first post.

He said the cost will be cheaper in tbc... full stop. Period. End of statement. You creating a different definition for someone else’s statement, and then using that different definition to argue against my points is beyond mind boggling.
    I mean, that's what cost means, 100g in SL isn't the same thing as 100g in wotlk. The constant is always purchasing power of time put in, not purchasing power per gold coin.

I mean, that's what cost means, 100g in SL isn't the same thing as 100g in wotlk. The constant is always purchasing power of time put in, not purchasing power per gold coin.
    You really don’t see what your doing here do you