Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    No but I was looking for an excuse to share that tweet lol
    Fair Play

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Those are what I would call anecdotal levels of angry fans. The global base is more about fans in America/Middle East/Africa/Asia.

I got given a kit once by my wife and I was like...no. I don't need this. Please don't waste money on things that mean nothing.
    Considering what you have written before and during this discussion I feel like you're a little bit disconnected to the fan part, which is completely fine obviously.

The problem is the owners, not the clubs, well we can blame the system also. Sky sports had apparently received info from a board member in one of the 6 clubs and there seems to be a big difference in the attitudes regarding this. The clubs are now the puppets of the rich owners and while the club is at their own faults for going down this route I do think there are still people at the club who values the fans, if not then atleast the players who grew up at the club. The clubs should not be forgiven that easily but the root of the evil is the owners, that's why I get a little bit annoyed on how you write about the clubs not caring about fans at all.

Latest: "UEFA’s Alexander Ceferin confirms: “The players that will play in the Super League will be banned from playing in the World Cup and Euros. Ceferin. They will not be allowed play for their national teams”.

Well, this won't go down well with the players. Regarding the info I previously mentioned, there was also mention about the owners not wanting the players to participate in these tournaments. I have always thought higher of national football than club football and many players do the same, just ask a certain guy at Barcelona. How can those money grabbing fuckers be the ones in charge in this case? They should not be allowed near a football stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Lets wait and see, once the intial shock has passed. Alot of X factors remains. will the clubs/players be banned from domestic leagues, CL & euros/WC? Thats probably the biggest thing.
    I'd have a hard time believing it would be legal for UEFA/FIFA to forbid players to engage in major competitions like that - they'd likely need to pass a bill somewhere that would take ages to even be signed. I dunno, there is probably some law somewhere that forbids a company to prevent you from doing your job ? I don't know what kind of contracts professional players have.

And anyway, an Euro tournament without major players only means the UEFA will lose money. They won't do that, ever.

Regarding this whole fiasco, what's astonishing is that UEFA is viewed as the good guy, while they're plagued with corruptions and dark affairs every time their name was mentioned beforehand. Kinda ironic that they've become the Good Guys over one night.

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    Considering what you have written before and during this discussion I feel like you're a little bit disconnected to the fan part, which is completely fine obviously.

The problem is the owners, not the clubs, well we can blame the system also. Sky sports had apparently received info from a board member in one of the 6 clubs and there seems to be a big difference in the attitudes regarding this. The clubs are now the puppets of the rich owners and while the club is at their own faults for going down this route I do think there are still people at the club who values the fans, if not then atleast the players who grew up at the club. The clubs should not be forgiven that easily but the root of the evil is the owners, that's why I get a little bit annoyed on how you write about the clubs not caring about fans at all.

Latest: "UEFA’s Alexander Ceferin confirms: “The players that will play in the Super League will be banned from playing in the World Cup and Euros. Ceferin. They will not be allowed play for their national teams”.

Well, this won't go down well with the players. Regarding the info I previously mentioned, there was also mention about the owners not wanting the players to participate in these tournaments. I have always thought higher of national football than club football and many players do the same, just ask a certain guy at Barcelona. How can those money grabbing fuckers be the ones in charge in this case? They should not be allowed near a football stadium.
    Disconnected? Nope. Aware that the global pull of what they're going for, and that it outweighs the feelings of some fans? Yes. This has been coming.

The owners aren't the problem, they're a symptom of it. The problem is that the desire to make money for ALL parties - players, clubs, associations, big brands, broadcasters - is too much. It's now gone beyond wanting to make money through good sport.

It's now about drumming up entertainment to make money. Money has been fetishised.

UEFA can try and do whatever they want. It'll go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and UEFA/FIFA will sit there with their balls in their hands. This is a simple case of escalation. UEFA put FFP in place to control 'big spending'. Didn't work. City broke FFP. So these clubs are now breaking UEFA.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-04-19 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Thing is with this super league the results of the game don't much matter, no ones getting relegated, revenue sharing ensures everyone's getting paid no matter how badly you do, advertisers will be paying billions, TV companies will pay billions and charge hundreds to the viewers. We have gone full WWE

Arsenal are no longer our most bitter rival they are our business partners.
    Exactly, this hits the nail on the head.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are what I would call anecdotal levels of angry fans. The global base is more about fans in America/Middle East/Africa/Asia.

I got given a kit once by my wife and I was like...no. I don't need this. Please don't waste money on things that mean nothing.
    Ok, Mr. zero emotions giving even less fucks. Why are you in this thread even? If you don't care about football, don't care about a fan, why are you even here? Just to tell us that everything about football is a lie? Well, gee thanks... it's all fucked, how about we all take a rope and just hang ourselves, because the entire world is just a fuckfest by corrupt rich people and it's either that or waltz up to whatever company you fancy to hate that day and shoot everyone on the management floor.

Geez... fuck the global fans. Anecdotal? Some of these guys are BORN into being fans for the third generation or more. If they cancel club membership, that's... like disowning your parents. Global fans... yeah, there's a reason why the rest of Europe looks with disgust at the plastic clubs. I'm still shocked that Madrid and Barcelona are part of that. And Juve, too. This is going to be worse than Bosman.

Those global fans can go watch the Super Bowl and pretend they're NFL fans because of the "knowledge" that was crammed into their heads during the one game they watch per year, endlessly repeating the dullest basics so even the dumbest idiot can follow along what's happening on the field. I wouldn't mind if those "global fans" fucked off or actually understood football enough to start pushing their own leagues so we can actually have meaningful competition with any other region than South America.
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-04-19 at 02:59 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Regarding this whole fiasco, what's astonishing is that UEFA is viewed as the good guy, while they're plagued with corruptions and dark affairs every time their name was mentioned beforehand. Kinda ironic that they've become the Good Guys over one night.
    Yeah it's really amazing as bad and corrupt UEFA are the greedy owners of the dirty dozen are even worse. If they actually go through with it, I'm not gonna watch a single game of their bs. I'm probably gonna watch some different sports instead or watch some lower leagues. They want to move to franchise model which is frankly bullshit.

Disconnected? Nope. Aware that the global pull of what they're going for, and that it outweighs the feelings of some fans? Yes. This has been coming.

The owners aren't the problem, they're a symptom of it. The problem is that the desire to make money for ALL parties - players, clubs, associations, big brands, broadcasters - is too much. It's now gone beyond wanting to make money through good sport.

It's now about drumming up entertainment to make money. Money has been fetishised.

UEFA can try and do whatever they want. It'll go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and UEFA/FIFA will sit there with their balls in their hands. This is a simple case of escalation. UEFA put FFP in place to control 'big spending'. Didn't work. City broke FFP. So these clubs are now breaking UEFA.
    But how can the Bundesliga team stay out of it? PSG's stance seems a little bit fishy with their TV rights and the upcoming world cup, I think. The Bundesliga teams also want to generate money, Bayern is a case in point. I don't know if it's the 50+1 that keep them from joining, financially they will lose if they do not join IF it goes through.

I can agree on money being part of the problem but I see it as the owners, who have the deciding rights of the club, being the problem. I believe there can be money in football without going full american capitalization commercialization mega mode. And if it can't, then one can hope that the owners get thrown out of it. Would be quite amazing if all teams had the 50+1 rule, the players would still get a lot of money and we would see nice football.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ok, Mr. zero emotions giving even less fucks. Why are you in this thread even? If you don't care about football, don't care about a fan, why are you even here? Just to tell us that everything about football is a lie? Well, gee thanks... it's all fucked, how about we all take a rope and just hang ourselves, because the entire world is just a fuckfest by corrupt rich people and it's either that or waltz up to whatever company you fancy to hate that day and shoot everyone on the management floor.

Geez... fuck the global fans. Anecdotal? Some of these guys are BORN into being fans for the third generation or more. If they cancel club membership, that's... like disowning your parents. Global fans... yeah, there's a reason why the rest of Europe looks with disgust at the plastic clubs. I'm still shocked that Madrid and Barcelona are part of that. And Juve, too. This is going to be worse than Bosman.

Those global fans can go watch the Super Bowl and pretend they're NFL fans because of the "knowledge" that was crammed into their heads during the one game they watch per year, endlessly repeating the dullest basics so even the dumbest idiot can follow along what's happening on the field. I wouldn't mind if those "global fans" fucked off or actually understood football enough to start pushing their own leagues so we can actually have meaningful competition with any other region than South America.
    1. Why should I be upset about any of this? Sure, I really enjoy football and the world around it, but I'm not going to lose my rag over it.
    2. That shock you are feeling is on you. I'm not here celebrating what's happened. I'm just not upset, because it's been coming a long time.
    3. I'm afraid to inform you that these big commercial powerhouses will probably not blink if it doesn't significantly impact their bottomline.
    4. You can want them to fuck off as much as you want, but they're part of the fabric now. Is it good? Hard to tell. But there's no going back.

But how can the Bundesliga team stay out of it? PSG's stance seems a little bit fishy with their TV rights and the upcoming world cup, I think. The Bundesliga teams also want to generate money, Bayern is a case in point. I don't know if it's the 50+1 that keep them from joining, financially they will lose if they do not join IF it goes through.

I can agree on money being part of the problem but I see it as the owners, who have the deciding rights of the club, being the problem. I believe there can be money in football without going full american capitalization commercialization mega mode. And if it can't, then one can hope that the owners get thrown out of it. Would be quite amazing if all teams had the 50+1 rule, the players would still get a lot of money and we would see nice football.
    Agreed, the Bundesliga will eventually NOT stay out of it, and neither will the Ligue 1. But that's obviously assuming it actually gets going.

There can be money, but if there's no glass ceiling as far as the money-making potential is concerned, then all stakeholders will push push push.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-04-19 at 03:06 PM.

Anyone having doubt about Bayern/Dortmund's conviction in this, Rumenigge is about to replace the Brutus Agnelli. That's as good as sealed that Bayern won't join this rogue group. Considering that Bayern is seen as a stepping stone to enter the NT, any dreams of Bayern joining this traitor league are demolished.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Why should I be upset about any of this? Sure, I really enjoy football and the world around it, but I'm not going to lose my rag over it.
    2. That shock you are feeling is on you. I'm not here celebrating what's happened. I'm just not upset, because it's been coming a long time.
    3. I'm afraid to inform you that these big commercial powerhouses will probably not blink if it doesn't significantly impact their bottomline.
    4. You can want them to fuck off as much as you want, but they're part of the fabric now. Is it good? Hard to tell. But there's no going back.
    A European league is in the stars, sure, IMPLEMENTED BY UEFA. Splitting this shitshow up was never seriously on the table. It still isn't, I can guarantee you that. This is a gamble to gain more influence, that's it. These powerhouses will not only blink, they will ruin themselves. You don't know what you're talking about.

First off, every founding member gets a cool 300 million cash just for being part of this. Who's paying that? CL qualification, based on humungous TV contracts only gets you what, 100 million? Where is this money coming from? Next up, they'll be banned from any other competition. So look at Manchester United:

Commercial is your jersey and merch sales globally. That's 50%, but it's ONLY 50% of what they do now. Who's doing the broadcasting? 15 teams? That's only 28 games. That's it. No domestic cup, no EFL, no European cup. That's it, they go from having a 100 or so games per year to just 28. That's a third! So that TV contract is gonna be a joke. Matchday revenue? Here's where you think everything is anecdotal. What if they can't fill stadiums because it's a joke of a competition without relegation? Yeah, domestic fans, the ones you keep shitting on, they're the matchday revenue, mate. And if they cancel club memberships and don't attend games anymore, that's a fifth of the revenue being damaged. Note the drop in revenue in 2020, by the way. Thanks pandemic, Manchester United is in deep doodoo right now. If they get punished by UEFA, this could actually drive them into deep, deep financial problems.

And again, who makes up for that? And next up, which players are they going to hire? Cos if they can't take part in UEFA and FIFA tournaments, who wants to play there? Oh, right... because Sir Valkryst, the global fan, said domestic fans don't matter, they surely won't be interested in... oh only the most prestigious fucking sports event right behind the Olympics?
    Last edited by Slant; 2021-04-19 at 03:18 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Anyone having doubt about Bayern/Dortmund's conviction in this, Rumenigge is about to replace the Brutus Agnelli. That's as good as sealed that Bayern won't join this rogue group. Considering that Bayern is seen as a stepping stone to enter the NT, any dreams of Bayern joining this traitor league are demolished.
    Soooo proud. Oh would be so funny if the players get mad and decide to go to Ligue 1 and Bundesliga to be able to play for their national teams/other reasons and suddenly those two are the best leagues. This won't happen but would be such a fitting end to this bullshit.

Soooo proud. Oh would be so funny if the players get mad and decide to go to Ligue 1 and Bundesliga to be able to play for their national teams/other reasons and suddenly those two are the best leagues. This won't happen but would be such a fitting end to this bullshit.
    I still want to know where those 300 million per founding member club money comes from. It's either sheiks, US franchises or Russians... and all three of those groups can get fucked as far as I'm concerned.

-snip-
    1. The poster who said he has friends around him cancelling club memberships etc lives in Norway. So his information is an anecdotal outlier.
    2. The clubs will still be participating in national leagues and tournaments. They're not dropping out of everything. Just the UEFA tournaments.
    2a. The chances of the national leagues 'banning' these clubs is quite frankly laughable. It'll crater the entire appeal of the League.
    3. Good luck with thinking that the clubs will all of a sudden have a massive drop in attendance because of this Super League.
    4. And another good luck with thinking that broadcasters will not want to get involved with the League as and when it happens.
    5. Given the format, each club will have a minimum 18 games in this new competition. That's more than the current UCL format.
    6. Like I said, if UEFA think they can ban players from tournaments...Man City called and they've got the CAS on line with them.

I still want to know where those 300 million per founding member club money comes from. It's either sheiks, US franchises or Russians... and all three of those groups can get fucked as far as I'm concerned.
    Happening via debt-financing with JPMorgan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure i read yesterday from Sky Sports that it's a big bank in the US that's sponsoring this. Can't remember which one it is tho. Nothing official of course tho.
    I'm sure they wont have trouble financially with sponsors even tho most people think this is a very bad idea.

I'm very curious tho which referee federation will join and if they will have VAR or not

Also really curious why the clubs think it's a good idea with 18 games just in the "group" stage of this since they do intend to stay in the domestic leagues.
    So instead of having 6 CL games / season they will now have 18 SL games / season..... They already play way to many games / season and now they wanna play 12 more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Pretty sure i read yesterday from Sky Sports that it's a big bank in the US that's sponsoring this. Can't remember which one it is tho. Nothing official of course tho.
    I'm sure they wont have trouble financially with sponsors even tho most people think this is a very bad idea.

I'm very curious tho which referee federation will join and if they will have VAR or not

Also really curious why the clubs think it's a good idea with 18 games just in the "group" stage of this since they do intend to stay in the domestic leagues.
    So instead of having 6 CL games / season they will now have 18 SL games / season..... They already play way to many games / season and now they wanna play 12 more.....
    Apparently it's Morgan Chase footing this party with 5 billion. I knew it...

10+ Year Old Account
    1. The poster who said he has friends around him cancelling club memberships etc lives in Norway. So his information is an anecdotal outlier.
    2. The clubs will still be participating in national leagues and tournaments. They're not dropping out of everything. Just the UEFA tournaments.
    2a. The chances of the national leagues 'banning' these clubs is quite frankly laughable. It'll crater the entire appeal of the League.
    3. Good luck with thinking that the clubs will all of a sudden have a massive drop in attendance because of this Super League.
    4. And another good luck with thinking that broadcasters will not want to get involved with the League as and when it happens.
    5. Given the format, each club will have a minimum 18 games in this new competition. That's more than the current UCL format.
    6. Like I said, if UEFA think they can ban players from tournaments...Man City called and they've got the CAS on line with them.

I love how you are so sure that UEFA and the domestics league will NEVER ban them. You have no idea either way. Sure UEFA will lose alot by banning the players from the world and european cups, but they also most likely lose just as much money from these clubs leaving CL.

And I'm pretty sure the domestic leagues will lose alot if these teams stay in the leagues as usual. If these teams where dominant before they will be alot more so after this when they will get so much more financial muscle.

It might end up like you sat that the domestic leagues and the UEFA cave in and let them do this, but i sure as hell dont think it's such a certainty like you are so sure it is.
    Will simply be very interesting to see how they handle this.

Yeah, plastic league run by plastic clubs. And I know why the British clubs are joining, too. Cos they can't hack it in a proper competition. What other reason is there to go into a non-relegation league. EPL best league!

Yeah, sure.. keep telling yourselves that, losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    I love how you are so sure that UEFA and the domestics league will NEVER ban them. You have no idea either way. Sure UEFA will lose alot by banning the players from the world and european cups, but they also most likely lose just as much money from these clubs leaving CL.

And I'm pretty sure the domestic leagues will lose alot if these teams stay in the leagues as usual. If these teams where dominant before they will be alot more so after this when they will get so much more financial muscle.

It might end up like you sat that the domestic leagues and the UEFA cave in and let them do this, but i sure as hell dont think it's such a certainty like you are so sure it is.
    Will simply be very interesting to see how they handle this.
    UEFA were proven to be absolutely gutless last year when the Court of Arbitration just wiped clean any FFP breaches Man City had committed. UEFA literally just sat by and watched it happen. So if they think the Court of Arbitration won't side with the players on this, they're dreaming.

The domestic leagues have been losing a lot for ages. This is just cranking up the pressure for the FA to then also rejig the Premiership.

I don't think it's a certainty of happening now, but these things will eventually. They always do when the power-brokers want it enough.

Yeah, plastic league run by plastic clubs. And I know why the British clubs are joining, too. Cos they can't hack it in a proper competition. What other reason is there to go into a non-relegation league. EPL best league!

Yeah, sure.. keep telling yourselves that, losers.
    Unsure why you're having a go at me. I'm not in favour of this Super League, but I'm not naive enough to be shocked by it all.

The dominos have been falling for a long long time. This is just another one. Sucks, but can't stop it. Won't get upset by it.

Unsure why you're having a go at me. I'm not in favour of this Super League, but I'm not naive enough to be shocked by it all.

The dominos have been falling for a long long time. This is just another one. Sucks, but can't stop it. Won't get upset by it.
    None of that was aimed at you. Unless you refer to yourself in the pluralis majestatis. Given the lofty zero fucks attitude, I wouldn't even be surprised.

None of that was aimed at you. Unless you refer to yourself in the pluralis majestatis. Given the lofty zero fucks attitude, I wouldn't even be surprised.
    I’m an outlier. I’ve refused to reward any football club with any money ever. They have no respect for the money, so I won’t support them. When I know how greedy they are and how they think, it’s not like I enjoy the way they behave. I’ve just desensitised myself to it all. Is easier.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2021-04-19 at 03:56 PM.

I’m an outlier. I’ve refused to reward any football club with any money ever. They have no respect for the money, so I won’t support them. When I know how greedy they are and how they think, it’s not like I enjoy the way they behave. I’ve just desensitised myself to it all. Is easier.
    So, you're not a fan. Great, again why are you even here? Do I join the NASA board and tell them to get over it when the Space Shuttle explodes?

Oh, also this: