Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

I'm at 2400 rating now!... or not?

I played 1000+ matches in 2v2 in the last 3 months.

I won about 50%, and the majority of those had at least a gladiator player in the team. Sometimes 2 gladiators, and every so often we even played against rank 1 players.

So If my calculations are right, If I am playing against all these guys, I shopuld be at their rating, but turns out, I am at 1600-1700 rating, and even though I am slowly improving my game, I cannot climb out of this.

Yes, I have major improvements to do on my game, but I should be facing off against players of my rating, not boosts, and not teams with double glad/R1 at these ratings (why???).

So this is just a rant to share, maybe some of you out there are having the same problem. Blizz really needs to fix the current problem with boosting on 2v2 (and RBG's).

Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post

I won about 50%, and the majority of those had at least a gladiator player in the team. Sometimes 2 gladiators, and every so often we even played against rank 1 players.

So If my calculations are right, If I am playing against all these guys, I shopuld be at their rating, but turns out, I am at 1600-1700 rating, and even though I am slowly improving my game, I cannot climb out of this.

Yes, I have major improvements to do on my game, but I should be facing off against players of my rating, not boosts, and not teams with double glad/R1 at these ratings (why???).

So this is just a rant to share, maybe some of you out there are having the same problem. Blizz really needs to fix the current problem with boosting on 2v2 (and RBG's).
    1000 games stuck at 1700 rating, time to realise this is your limit..

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I think what he's saying is that if he's playing 50/50 against gladiators, why is he 1700 and not 2400? At this level, he should be fight people with about 213-215 gear, but he's playing 227 players, so why is he bottlenecked here and not 2100+? It's a real problem this late in the season.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

10+ Year Old Account
    The queue bracket laxes to prevent delays.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Thanks for the constructive post. It may very well be my limit, being stuck at 1700 rating playing against gladiators and r1 players and winning 50% of the games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    I think what he's saying is that if he's playing 50/50 against gladiators, why is he 1700 and not 2400? At this level, he should be fight people with about 213-215 gear, but he's playing 227 players, so why is he bottlenecked here and not 2100+? It's a real problem this late in the season.
    Yep, my ilvl is 215 (36k HP 28% vers) and I play almost always against people with 10+ ilvls.

Yeah, I was going to mention this sounds more like a population/gearing problem in late season. If OP has improved and starts PvP from jump of next Season he should get a higher rating next season.

Just post something to sound edgy, right? Useless and stupid comment that makes you look like an idiot.

I played Arena once in Wotlk and im pretty bad at PvP. And i reached 1850 there. So how can he have 1700 and play against gladiators?
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Yeah, I was going to mention this sounds more like a population/gearing problem in late season. If OP has improved and starts PvP from jump of next Season he should get a higher rating next season.
    I am really happy to read this, I really am. I have been triggered against boosters (still am to be perfectly honest) but If more experienced people are saying this can be solved with a new pvp season and me starting early, it gives me extra motivation.

Yes, assuming I am as good as I believe I am, otherwise I'll be stuck at 1700 once again.

10+ Year Old Account
    this here, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of a moron.

try to understand what he is saying here you oaf. he is asking why he is not facing people at his rating.

there is always a fuckin brain dead in every fuckin thread.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

This is a huge problem. If you don’t get into the arena scene from day 1 you just get left behind in a hole that’s almost impossible to climb out of. You can forget about your alts too.

This season is FUBAR'd and given how tone deaf Blizzard has been, next season looks to be the same.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    This is a huge problem. If you don’t get into the arena scene from day 1 you just get left behind in a hole that’s almost impossible to climb out of. You can forget about your alts too.
    Exactly. It's a rush to get your rating early on in the season. If you miss the rush, AND are undgergeared like OP is... its a formula for dissaster... at least until Blizz looks into the matchmaking. If there even is something to be done there

Just using your numbers seems like something is broken? Like you're losing more rating than winning? Or rather you win as much rating for fighting a glad as you lose for fighting a glad. So there's probably some bugs in there, if I'm understanding this correctly.
    Maybe it's because of the larger pvp pop and something's wonky? Like it was for super high rating where winning actually made you lose rating? Or something like that.

Also, I agree about the boosts. But that's a different issue, cause if you were only faced against boosters you'd not be at 50% win rate. I know cause I'm stuck there as well - I win some games then lose like 20 in a row to a glad/no rating pair and lose most of my rating so climbing is super slow.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2021-04-19 at 05:09 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is 100% true. This is shadowlands main arena problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus dude.. just leave this thread already, idiot.

But you do know why there's boosters - because of the bis gear you can buy with minimal effort. So they should make pvp gear pvp-only or its ilvl scale in pvp only (like it was in wod). Then all of the issues we have for the first time in SL (much larger population and a higher than usual boosting parties) would go away. Most people in SL are only flooding it and buying boosts because of the pve gear. Sure, boosting was always a thing in pvp, but not like this. I mean you can buy a BiS 233 weapon, nowhere else can you get a guaranteed weapon, even with boosting the second to last boss on Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Just using your numbers seems like something is broken? Like you're losing more rating than winning? Or rather you win as much rating for fighting a glad as you lose for fighting a glad. So there's probably some bugs in there, if I'm understanding this correctly.
    Maybe it's because of the larger pvp pop and something's wonky? Like it was for super high rating where winning actually made you lose rating? Or something like that.

Also, I agree about the boosts. But that's a different issue, cause if you were only faced against boosters you'd not be at 50% win rate. I know cause I'm stuck there as well - I win some games then lose like 20 in a row to a glad/no rating pair and lose most of my rating so climbing is super slow.
    What I meant is that I am facing mostly boosts or highly rated players that for some reason lowered their rating.

Seems like there's a lot of people stuck at low ratings while blaming the system in this thread.

Good thing I just reached 2k rating on my alt I leveled up not so long ago and I never experienced nothing like what you're implying.

Stop making excuses for your low ratings. There's always room for improvement but once you reach 1000 games played at 1.7k rating then it's time to take it like a man and leave the denial behind

why do you hate FREEDOM?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    this here, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of a moron.

try to understand what he is saying here you oaf. he is asking why he is not facing people at his rating.

there is always a fuckin brain dead in every fuckin thread.
    Starting by the first guy that doesn't see through the bullshit. There's no such thing as 1700 rating players being stuck there for 1000 games if that's not their deserved rating. That's what people in denial tell themselves to feel better and by the looks of it there's a bunch of them right here

What I meant is that I am facing mostly boosts or highly rated players that for some reason lowered their rating.
    if you are facing boosts you should demolish them if your decent,i think this is a you problem