Do most of the cosmic powers have alternate reality counterparts?

For example, the titans and the naaru - do they have alternate reality counterparts confirmed? I think the Legion and the Pantheon of Death transcends most or all realities, in that they are unique, which I found was a little strange admittedly (Chronicles barely seemed to mention alternate realities at all, let alone how the cosmic powers are affected by them), but after considering it and other possibilities, I think that would be probably best for most purposes, as a million different Legions or a million possible Shadowlands would be far too complicated and confusing, not to mention literally uncontainable.

But what about the titans and the Pantheon? The naaru and their keepers? The Wild Gods and the Emerald Dream? Is Elune unique? Or even the Old Gods, and the void lords? Do they also have an infinite number of alternate reality counterparts, in other timelines and realities? And either way - why do some cosmic powers seem to be unique, and others less so, if they are supposed to be technically "equal" or comparable to each other?

And what about Sylvanas for example? I remember the End Time version of Echo of Sylvanas, implying she was killed by the Cataclysm in that reality -- does that still exist, now that she has gone to the Shadowlands? Are there any other alternate reality or possible future versions of her?
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2021-04-20 at 01:35 AM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

We know of at least two naaru who have AU counterparts: K'ara (the Dark Star) and Xe'ra (the Light Mother). Unlike their MU versions, these two are still alive and kicking on the AU Draenor.

We also know of Anzu who may be considered to be a Wild God. He's present on both MU and AU Draenor as separate entities with different fates.

Sylvanas is a mere mortal so she obviously has countless versions of her in other realities.

As for the rest of your questions, there are no clear answers because many of the things you mentioned are not clearly defined.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    a million different Legions or a million possible Shadowlands would be far too complicated and confusing, not to mention literally uncontainable.
    Which is still better than what we have now. A single Legion doesn't make sense at all if you take into account the infinite amount of alternate realities it has to interact with. Same goes for the Shadowlands and the recent "rope theory" associated with it.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2021-04-19 at 04:09 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    For example, the titans and the naaru -- do they have alternate reality counterparts confirmed? I think the Legion and the Pantheon of Death transcends most or all realities, in that they are unique, which I found was a little strange admittedly (Chronicles barely seemed to mention alternate realities at all, let alone how the cosmic powers are affected by them), but after considering it and other possibilities, I think that would be probably best for most purposes, as a million different Legions or a million possible Shadowlands would be far too complicated and confusing, not to mention literally uncontainable.

But what about -- the titans and the Pantheon? The naaru and their keepers? The Wild Gods and the Emerald Dream? Is Elune unique? Or even the Old Gods, and the void lords? Do they also have an infinite number of alternate reality counterparts, in other timelines and realities? And either way -- why do some cosmic powers seem to be unique, and others less so, if they are supposed to be technically "equal" or comparable to each other?

And what about Sylvanas for example? I remember the End Time version of Echo of Sylvanas, implying she was killed by the Cataclysm in that reality -- does that still exist, now that she has gone to the Shadowlands? Are there any other alternate reality or possible future versions of her?
    I don't know what to think about it, since it opens a veritable can of worms even at the most basic level of narrative. As a matter of fact, Blizzard had to walk back the "one single Legion across infinite realities" of WoD soon after someone (think it was Afrasiabi?) spouted such nonsense. Fast forward to SL, and voilà Danuser's "one single afterlife across infinite realities" and its associated "rope theory" /headscratch
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I don't know what to think about it, since it opens a veritable can of worms even at the most basic level of narrative. As a matter of fact, Blizzard had to walk back the "one single Legion across infinite realities" of WoD soon after someone (think it was Afrasiabi?) spouted such nonsense. Fast forward to SL, and voilà Danuser's "one single afterlife across infinite realities" and its associated "rope theory" /headscratch
    its so funny to watch how they always make the same fuck ups and then have to backtrack, over and over again.
    one legion and one afterlife for all different timelines, but mutiple different titans and naaru in mutiple timelines. its a mess.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The problem is that these things are not shown in-game. For example, the issue of alternate realities in regards to the cosmic powers has never been explained - if Archimonde is permanently dead, then is it possible to go back in time for example, to the Sunwell Plateau and interact with him, or change his fate? What would happen if some tried to use a temporal portal to go back to that encounter?
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"