10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost controller View Post
    Let's go through the list. Actual facts cited from here; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violen...rotests#Deaths

David Dorn. Died miles away and hours after the protests in his city, responding to a completely unrelated burglary.

David McAtee. Killed by National Guard. Police fired pepper rounds into McAtee's restaurant at McAtee and his relatives, for basically no reason, violating department policy to boot. McAtee returned fire, and they killed him.

Chris Beaty. Shot and killed in the vicinity of protests, but nothing is known about the circumstances. Can't tie that to protesters. Your own source suggests he intervened in a mugging and got shot, which would definitely not relate to the protests.

Dorian Murrell. Shot by a random guy, who's been charged with murder. Not connected to protesting, appears to have been a personal conflict between strangers, where one of them turned out to be armed and prone to lethal violence.

Italia Kelly. Random shooting when leaving a protest. If anything, this was someone opposed to the protests shooting at protesters.

Marquis Tousant. Killed in crossfire in an ambush of an unmarked police vehicle. No direct connection, but I'll grant you might be at 1/6 so far, for tying deaths to protesters.

Patrick Underwood. Shot at a courthouse while providing security. No connection to protests. The shooters were part of the Boogaloo movement who were in town to murder police, not related to protests in any way.

Calvin Horton Jr. Shot at a pawn shop. No connection to protests, shooting was a mile away from the protest site.

James Scurlock. Picked a fight with a bar owner and got shot. Far as I know, it's waiting for a grand jury to review. He was a protester, even if this wasn't part of that. I'll grant you that this could be up to 2/9.

Javar Harrell. Police state there was no connection to the protests.

Barry Perkins III. Run over by a FedEx truck fleeing looters. Not killed by protesters.

Jorge Gomez. Heavily armed and not really connected to the protest. But sure, maybe 3/12.

Jose Guiterrez. Bystander shot by outside agitators.

Victor Cazares Jr. Ditto the above.

Marvin Francois. Killed after a protest by carjackers. Only connected by proximity.

Of the specific incidents who they can name, only three of the 15 actually point to violence by protesters. The others are either only related by proximity to protests, or are violence against protesters, who were the victims.

Really failing to make your case.

10+ Year Old Account
    No but it does show how utterly hollow and vile your views are.
    From your link:

David McAtee

David McAtee, the 53-year-old owner of a barbecue restaurant was shot and killed on June 1 in Louisville. Police and the National Guard troops were trying to clear a crowd when they heard gunshots and returned fire.
    Chris Beaty

Chris Beaty, 38, who played football for Indiana University and was known as “Mr. Indianapolis,” was shot and killed on the street in downtown Indianapolis on May 30 during a protest.

Cops haven’t released information about Beaty’s death.

Jared Thomas, Beaty's nephew, says the family has been told Beaty was helping two women who were being mugged when he was shot, the Indianapolis Star reported.
    Dorian Murrell

Dorian Murrell, 18, was fatally shot in Indianapolis the same night as Beaty.

Cops say the man who shot him, Tyler Newby, 29, told police the shooting happened after he and friend found a gas canister on the ground as they were walking around downtown after the protests.
    That’s 3 of the first 4 on the link you provided... can you please explain how any of these were killed by protestors? Then, explain to me how you are not being whiped into a rage by Fox News, based on lies you can read in your own links?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The craziest timeline is jurors delivering down third degree murder conviction, and comments like Waters getting a mistrial declared. She literally traveled to Minneapolis to deliver her remarks about "get more confrontational" if the jury decides wrongly.

That would be quite a turn.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Really failing to make your case.
    His first one was better... literally showing that the vast majority of murder was by those against protestors. Rittenhouse was part of his organically link on killer protestors. His new link seems to be just random people...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s 3 of the first 4 on the link you provided... can you please explain how any of these were killed by protestors? Then, explain to me how you are not being whiped into a rage by Fox News, based on lies you can read in your own links?
    It's literally a list of "everyone who was within a few miles of a protest who died the same day as that protest". And most of the victims were protesters, with most of the killers either unrelated criminals, authorities, or right-wing agitators.

But sure, blame the protesters, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Scratch an "all lives matter" judge, find a racist piece of shit. Weird that justice seems difficult for people of color when you have judges who don't seem to understand the context around the use of the "N-word", including using the full word in its -er and -a varieties.

Also, much of this was done while robed and sitting at the bench, which seems like it would be a gross breach of ethics.

Weird that there may be accusations of racism built into the justice system. Very weird.
    Seriously, finding out a judge harbored racial bias like that should invalidate every single one of their trials where either victim or accused were a person of color. Void every single one of those cases, and allow new trials.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....Not going to lie... slightly annoyed that a certain poster will be unable to respond to Endus's #18595 post.... then again given how the poster had acted the response would most likely have been lacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    As a Minnesotan, she needs to gtfo Minnesota. Yeah, she pissed me off coming up shiwboating with her political bullshit.

I agree with almost all she stated, but there is a time and place.
    When is that time and place though? Because we're dealing with an ongoing problem where "waiting for the right time and place" hasn't worked. Police departments aren't even breaking a sweat, not in Minnesota or anywhere else. It's the same old bullshit as last year, and the year before, and the decade before that. So people supposed to sit around and wait to be called upon to speak after the fact? When things are just commentary? It doesn't matter what the verdict of this case is except for Floyd because we're likely to have several years of more incidents before actually change comes.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    When is that time and place though? Because we're dealing with an ongoing problem where "waiting for the right time and place" hasn't worked. Police departments aren't even breaking a sweat, not in Minnesota or anywhere else. It's the same old bullshit as last year, and the year before, and the decade before that. So people supposed to sit around and wait to be called upon to speak after the fact? When things are just commentary? It doesn't matter what the verdict of this case is except for Floyd because we're likely to have several years of more incidents before actually change comes.
    You're not reading the details here - the issue with Maxine Water's comments are the effect they will have on the possible overturn of a conviction, if the jury returns with one.

No one here is arguing her comments are out of place, they are just terribly timed.

- - - Updated - - -

When you have all the right resources, and you use them in all the wrong ways.

'Mortal Kombat' Video of SJ Sergeant Performing Baton Tricks Investigated by Internal Affairs

Probably not the best choice, but imo nothing wrong with a little showing off. To me, this is San Diego pretending to be concerned about racial issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You're not reading the details here - the issue with Maxine Water's comments are the effect they will have on the possible overturn of a conviction, if the jury returns with one.

No one here is arguing her comments are out of place, they are just terribly timed.
    They are looking for any and all excuses. If not her comments then fear of protests. If not protests then biased jurors. The game is already rigged so who really cares about being civil if it means you have to shut up and not speak your truth?

10+ Year Old Account
    I cannot fathom how there is any possibility of her comments overturning a conviction. I get that it happened with another case, but that's just as batshit. There is no reasonable basis for such an action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the bill just signed in Florida, and other similar bills in other states, all that seems to be needed to justify killing them is mildly inconveniencing you as a motorist in your vehicle.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/us/co...rnd/index.html

Scratch an "all lives matter" judge, find a racist piece of shit. Weird that justice seems difficult for people of color when you have judges who don't seem to understand the context around the use of the "N-word", including using the full word in its -er and -a varieties.

Also, much of this was done while robed and sitting at the bench, which seems like it would be a gross breach of ethics.

Weird that there may be accusations of racism built into the justice system. Very weird.
    This is why the problems are systemic. People who careful not to appear biased in public. Might even have a BLM t-shirt or two because it's socially advantageous. When doors are closed and no one is supposed to be looking they let their bullshit fly. These people are particularly annoying because they won't admit to their biases.

I cannot fathom how there is any possibility of her comments overturning a conviction. I get that it happened with another case, but that's just as batshit. There is no reasonable basis for such an action.
    I also want to know how many cases does this happen in? Why are the details I find typically with officers? Why wasn't the same argument given over Trayvon Martin when republicans were yapping? Oops... forgot black child dead... they don't matter.

Again, the jury is already partially sequestered (and realistically should be fully sequestered over the weekend, but that's on the judge) and should be avoiding all news relating to the trial to begin with. The judge can go chew rocks, that's some horse shit.

Again, the jury is already partially sequestered (and realistically should be fully sequestered over the weekend, but that's on the judge) and should be avoiding all news relating to the trial to begin with. The judge can go chew rocks, that's some horse shit.
    This is for any Appeal the defense might give. The judge even stated that if they want to appeal the Maxine Waters they can. As Cubby stated it's a long shot but don't say jack, just be quiet.

Sorry for repeating myself but having a Californian politician come to Minnesota and say that crap triggers me. The court is actually not based on logic sometimes and her words can be used against them. She didn't need to come to a rally in Minnesota and say jack. We already know that they use protests and any BLM as a weapon cause of basically sheer racism. We still have enough bigotry and racism to affect outcomes of trials.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    This is for any Appeal the defense might give. The judge even stated that if they want to appeal the Maxine Waters they can. As Cubby stated it's a long shot but don't say jack, just be quiet.

Sorry for repeating myself but having a Californian politician come to Minnesota and say that crap triggers me. The court is actually not based on logic sometimes and her words can be used against them. She didn't need to come to a rally in Minnesota and say jack. We already know that they use protests and any BLM as a weapon cause of basically sheer racism. We still have enough bigotry and racism to affect outcomes of trials.
    Nothing Maxine Waters said should have any relevance to court proceedings on this case.

The only possible grounds where it could is if she were publicly declaring some obvious evidence that she had which had clearly been ignored by the prosecution, or something. And then, yeah, there'd be a mistrial, but because of prosecutorial negligence, not Maxine Waters.

Unless it's speaking to the facts of the incident the case is about, her comments are not relevant to the case in any way, and should not be granted any consideration by the courts. The idea that any public figure could trigger a mistrial by speaking about their personal opinion of the case is crazy. What basis could that possibly have in jurisprudence?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They are looking for any and all excuses. If not her comments then fear of protests. If not protests then biased jurors. The game is already rigged so who really cares about being civil if it means you have to shut up and not speak your truth?
    No, in this case, it's a literal event that took place a few weeks ago. I'm going nuts trying to find the fucking article. Speak the truth, absolutely - you know where I fall on this subject - but avoid when it can hurt another related cause.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither can I. But a conviction was just recently overturned because the jury learned that riots/violence might happen if a not guilty verdict came back. I cannot find the damn case/article - apologies. I saw it last week.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just the messenger here. I'll find the article/case. But the conviction was overturned on appeal. This literally happened because of threats of violence from protesters if a not guilty verdict came back.

I think it's horseshit too - but it happened.

You don't get to make terrorist threats of violent reprisals against innocent people because a you might lose a court case...

It is absurd beyond belief that someone has to type that out to you. You don't get to become terrorists because people believe in the 2nd amendment. Let us not mince words here she did not call for peaceful protests she called for violence.
    Well, it is a good thing she didn't. So, carry on with this bullshit argument.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand there is a stereotype of americans not understanding how the world works and being incredibly ignorant but you are actually going with CNN didn't tell me anything bad happened in the streets being burned...the lootings the active shootings.

Tell me and do be honest. Do you believe the only act of violence that happened was when kyle Rittenhouse do you? I honestly want to know you are showing a naivety I am staggered trying to understand.
    I guarantee you, that CNN is more accurate than anything you watch or read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zinstorm View Post
    ....Not going to lie... slightly annoyed that a certain poster will be unable to respond to Endus's #18595 post.... then again given how the poster had acted the response would most likely have been lacking.
    Don't worry, give him a day or 2 and he will make a new account. Just like he did here.

National guard activated apparently. Why?? When has a protest turned violent without police escalation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    National guard activated apparently. Why?? When has a protest turned violent without police escalation?
    January 6th?

10+ Year Old Account
    Today in Double Standards in American Law Enforcement:

Nearly a thousand Ohio State students had a rave that resulted in 7 cars being flipped and the street being destroyed. No arrests were made despite multiple 911 calls - contrasting with the many incidents of peaceful protests being violently dispersed by police.

Funny how the police seem perfectly capable of restraining themselves from brutality when the people involved are mostly rich white kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.